IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

On 14/02/2024 at 08:32, Spike said:

How bad is Atkinson injury from the under 21s? I'm starting to worry that lad is just riddled with injuries and may never fully recover at this rate. 

I've heard that its a tear in his hamstring and will require surgery

Edited by westonred

On 17/07/2022 at 01:03, BCFCGav said:

I’m gonna start tracking this for the new season now. Feel free to pin if you like, I’ll keep updated as season roles on.

As always, any help with bits I’ve missed or added details welcome ? COYR!

Bajic

Pring

Benarous

Semenyo

a bad omen?

One in, one out. Knight-Lebel vacates for the returning Twine. The touch paper has been relit, it’d be very us to wobble against this QPR! But we won’t. We can do this!

COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Death, taxes and this team falling to pieces when faced with poor opposition.  

The football gods took Bell as penance for Twine being back.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Bell

• Haha 1

Bad News for Sam, better for Pring and good for Twine & Sykes.

Squad update: Sheffield Wednesday (A)

21 February 2024

Liam Manning has shared an injury update on a number of players ahead of City’s trip to face Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, February 24th.

The City Head Coach has confirmed that Sam Bell will be out of aciton for a number of months after being substituted off during City’s previous fixture against Queens Park Rangers.

“He’s picked up a really bad hamstring injury, he’s going to be out for the rest of the season unfortunately. He’s going to require surgery.”

With Mark Sykes and Scott Twine recently returning to matchday squads, with the former making a substitute appearance against the Hoops, Manning confirmed they could be fit to feature from the start on Saturday, but may have to be patient.

“Twiney’s looked a lot sharper today than he did at the back end of last week so he’s pushing [to play].

“Sykesy’s finishing was outstanding [in training] today so they’re two that are going to get an opportunity. 

“A big culture for what you’ve seen with the lads, they’ve done a terrific job of putting the team first. We’ve had to make tweaks and changes, we’ve done it for physical reasons or sometimes just for game plan and how we think we can get success in games and the lads have kept their heads down and worked and when called upon, stepped up and delivered.”

“It’ll be no different for them two lads.”

Manning also confirmed that Cam Pring has returned to training after missing the last two fixtures with injury.

“Pringy’s a lot closer, first session back out there today (Tuesday), we’ll see how he responds to the work we’ve done and then he’ll be back out training on Thursday.”

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given Roberts has his uses, let's not bounce Pring back in.

Bench strength sure, but the season is drifting a bit...let's not risk anything unnecessary Saturday.

One thing I liked about Nige, he did give someone a chance to win & keep the shirt. Roberts has done well and if Pring would have been fit I would have thought he deserved to start at Weds.  When both fit it gives chance to have them pushing each other and we will be able to rotate to keep intensity . 
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Roberts playing in front of Pring .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One thing I liked about Nige, he did give someone a chance to win & keep the shirt. Roberts has done well and if Pring would have been fit I would have thought he deserved to start at Weds.  When both fit it gives chance to have them pushing each other and we will be able to rotate to keep intensity . 
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Roberts playing in front of Pring .

That’s not a bad shout with Roberts in front of Pring.

Roberts looks comfortable on the ball and I think he could link up nicely further up the pitch

• Like 1

I feel bad for Sam Bell. He's played a lot more that I expected this season and has had ups and downs. It looked promising when he scored last week, so classic that he now gets an unlucky injury. Maybe too much football a factor?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mozo said:

I feel bad for Sam Bell. He's played a lot more that I expected this season and has had ups and downs. It looked promising when he scored last week, so classic that he now gets an unlucky injury. Maybe too much football a factor?

Was having a good run of form.

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was having a good run of form.

He was. He's still a work in progress for me. Along with Mehmeti, he's not at the level needed yet, and needs another season or two to develop.

• Like 3

On 21/02/2024 at 21:21, mozo said:

He was. He's still a work in progress for me. Along with Mehmeti, he's not at the level needed yet, and needs another season or two to develop.

Reminds me a bit of Bobby Reid when he was at a similar stage, he turned out ok. 

Three out and two in as we name one fewer sub. Bell we knew about, James and Twine unwelcome surprises. I get lots of ‘🤨’ reacts when I give my opinion on the Twine loan. But surely now we can all see panic loans to cover our arses is poor business. It just felt financially wasteful.

Pring is back (excellent news) and Knight-Lebel returns to the squad as we again succumb to injuries.

As always, three points will certainly lift the spirits! 😃

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Sykes and Pring half-time subs were tactical I assume. Sykes in particular I find a little odd though? I'll leave him off for now.

For a dead-rubber in terms of the table, the Cardiff game feels pretty massive. Liam, the squad and us fans need a lift. Roll on Saturday.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Most clubs have injury lists Gav - ours is not exceptional.

As we saw with Liverpool yesterday their injuries meant that their youngsters got an opportunity to impress and they certainly did. Klopp was so proud of them he almost burst!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As we saw with Liverpool yesterday their injuries meant that their youngsters got an opportunity to impress and they certainly did. Klopp was so proud of them he almost burst!

6 at the moment, I'd say that's about par. No major complaints from me at the mo. 

That was good to see yesterday, Chelsea fans must feel haggard. One game that could have salvaged a pretty disastrous season and they lose to an ending team of about 6 academy players! I've got a soft spot for Klopp like many have, so I did enjoy it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

what's the situation with Adam Murphy? Was he injured when he came in? 

I dunno, it was a bit of a weird answer, that I didn’t fully digest.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

All the same players as last week, minus Tanner who must be unwell or injured. We don’t replace him in the squad as we name 7 subs (8 last weekend). Naismith was touted for a potential return… not to be today. Hopefully we find out more on that soon. So not great news to start the day, but hopefully come 14.30 we all have some great new to discuss! COYR. Into these blue ******.

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

All the same players as last week, minus Tanner who must be unwell or injured. We don’t replace him in the squad as we name 7 subs (8 last weekend). Naismith was touted for a potential return… not to be today. Hopefully we find out more on that soon. So not great news to start the day, but hopefully come 14.30 we all have some great new to discuss! COYR. Into these blue ******.

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Did we ever actually hear about Tanner. It just seemed to go all very quiet?

No new knocks I saw. We need Twine for some creativity, anyone know of a timeframe? I thought he was due. 

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

No new outs, no new ins, same 18 players as Saturday. Tough game, a point would be good work here 🔴⚪

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

McCrorie and Williams in the wars, and LM mentioned Pring is still carrying something. But all seemed to come through ok. 

Tanner is just gone. I’ll put up some posters around Bristol tomorrow. Naismith was due back a week and a half ago and I’m beginning to think I dreamt the Scott Twine loan. Otherwise we’re golden!

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

McCrorie and Williams in the wars, and LM mentioned Pring is still carrying something. But all seemed to come through ok. 

Tanner is just gone. I’ll put up some posters around Bristol tomorrow. Naismith was due back a week and a half ago and I’m beginning to think I dreamt the Scott Twine loan. Otherwise we’re golden!

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Didn’t Cornick go off with a hamstring issue ?

2 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Oh so he did. He looked bright tonight so makes sense!

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell

Cornick

• Thanks 1

On 05/03/2024 at 22:24, Back of the Dolman said:

Thought they said cramp /

Anyone seen any news of Tim Ap Sion ?
I was hoping for a bit of Alex Scott to rub off on him and Ben Acey. 

On 26/02/2024 at 08:10, Robbored said:

Ten Haag this morning moaned about MUFC's injuries; If we didn't have so many players injured, we'd have won 14 more games this season.

• Haha 2

Good start to the day as Twine returns to the bench, and Cornick is also ok after coming off in the midweek with a knock. Still 6 points off the drop despite our constant losses shows just how little we need over the remaining games to be safe. Today could go a long way towards that, and give us a much needed smile! COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Bell

It’s a good day. Two back (well Cornick was never out in the end), ended the losing streak, but those Jack *******, and I think played alright! Certainly second half.

Injured:

Tanner

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Bell

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gavlin said:

You can add Max Bird to the injury list as he has been missing from the Derby side !!!

I struggle to keep up with the players we have here 🤣

Two in, one out as we name a full bench. 

Williams is the ‘out’, we’ll wait to hear more, Tanner and Meerholz are in. Tanner back from his injury is good news.

Mon the City 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Williams

Benarous

Bell

Williams more precautionary, could’ve pushed him, but his history has bearing.  Should be available for Leicester.

James due back in the next couple of weeks, assume that will post-break?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Williams more precautionary, could’ve pushed him, but his history has bearing.  Should be available for Leicester.

James due back in the next couple of weeks, assume that will post-break?

Cheers Dave! 

Not our day, gotta start taking chances. I think Twine will help us tick in that regard, and it’s nice to see him back out there, likewise Tanner.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Williams

Benarous

Bell

Hard to keep track, presumably along with Atkinson, Benarous and Bell, Naismith is out for the season.

Vs Leicester if players returning and fitness improved I'd try..maybe.

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

James Knight Williams

Sykes    Conway   Twine

Albeit I understand the case for TGH and or Twine central.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hard to keep track, presumably along with Atkinson, Benarous and Bell, Naismith is out for the season.

Vs Leicester if players returning and fitness improved I'd try..maybe.

O'Leary

James Knight Williams

Sykes    Conway   Twine

Albeit I understand the case for TGH and or Twine central.

They’re hoping to give Benarous some minutes this season, no? 

If James is fit, he HAS to play.

i wanna see something like;

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

• Hmmm 1

On 19/03/2024 at 07:38, RedEyez said:

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

That looks very good to me - not that we'll ever see it.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 07:38, RedEyez said:

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

The big problem seems to be LM is wedded to playing one forward.  I think he’d rather play 2 no10s.

What I’d do is a very different matter! 😉

• Like 1

Honestly think Sykes would be wasted at wingback.

Suppose you could also morph to a 4-2-2-2 in certain phases.

O'Leary

James Knight

Sykes                      Twine

Wells Conway

2 in, 2 out as we again name the full complement of 9 subs. James and Williams return, TGH and Meerholz make way. Meerholz likely just making way for more experienced players, TGH may well have a knock. 

Really tough game today, hoping cool heads prevail if it doesn’t go our way!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

Great performance and great win. Still a little wasteful of chances, think that needs work in the Summer. And conceded some chances but against a 150m or whatever Leicester squad, that’s very likely! 

Lovely way to start the Easter weekend, but Knighty’s sub worries me a little… fingers crossed it’s nothing too troubling. Off the list for now - we’ll see Monday! 

Happy Easter all.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 2

Same 11, same 20 as (very) Good Friday. 

My guess is TGH and Benarous are closest to a return, which is of course good but I kinda wish it was a Naismith/Atkinson to take some burden off Dickie and Vyner! 

COYR!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Same 11, same 20 as (very) Good Friday. 

My guess is TGH and Benarous are closest to a return, which is of course good but I kinda wish it was a Naismith/Atkinson to take some burden off Dickie and Vyner

COYR!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

CB pairings will play 46x90 if they can.  Hey do the least running of any position also.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

CB pairings will play 46x90 if they can.  Hey do the least running of any position also.

For sure, I mean more the mental burden of ‘we cannot get sick or injured ever’ 🤣 they’ve shouldered a lot of responsibility for the badge this seasons and deserve all the plaudits for it.

Back to back wins and lots of positives today, as are being discussed in other threads. Utter safety at this point and lots more good individual performances from the lads too. Think all subs were tactical, another positive! You reds 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Any idea how much longer Atkinson will be unavailable? Seems ages since he got injured. Manning will have a selection headache when he at Naismith are both back.

It’s on the OS, or you’ll have to take my word for it that he’s out for the season.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s on the OS, or you’ll have to take my word for it that he’s out for the season.

Both Atkinson and Naismith? I can’t find any recent updates on the OS.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if we will see Naismith at all or is he also out for the rest of the season? I appreciate Atkinson certainly is, Bell and probably Benarous likewise.

Kal is getting closer…not planned to be out for rest of season.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Both Atkinson and Naismith? I can’t find any recent updates on the OS.

You only asked about Atkinson.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kal is getting closer…not planned to be out for rest of season.

You only asked about Atkinson.

The ACL injury Atkinson had must have been really severe which may have needed surgery - thats possibly why he’s have missed much of the season. Hopefully he’ll be fully recovered come August.

• Confused 1