IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

The knowledge that we will likely not make a loss this season will give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as we labour to break down teams every fortnight at Ashton Gate. 

Who else is excited to think how much we can get for Conway in the Summer? Our balance sheet could look pretty exciting over the next two seasons ?

We will be the richest club in league 1?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As it stands there is no rush to complete this by Friday, so it might be immaterial to us in this window.

I think the £1m+ quoted probably comes from me!

Wouldn’t they have to name their 25 man Prem squad for the period up until January by then?

I get he’s technically not under contract but unless they had a gap they couldn’t include him otherwise, could they?

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

The knowledge that we will likely not make a loss this season will give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as we labour to break down teams every fortnight at Ashton Gate. 

Who else is excited to think how much we can get for Conway in the Summer? Our balance sheet could look pretty exciting over the next two seasons ?

Out of Likes for the day.

So have 12 million virtual ones ?

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wouldn’t they have to name their 25 man Prem squad for the period up until January by then?

I get he’s technically not under contract but unless they had a gap they couldn’t include him otherwise, could they?

Guess if they leave space…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

This seems to be the game, stay in the league, rinse and repeat = More attractive for new owner/investor

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Doesn't matter when we're back in the pub league! ☹️

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Loving the blind optimism on here.

We have just sold someone for £25m & Pearson has only been allowed to spend £700k.

Why does anyone seriously think he would get any money to spend now if we get another £1m?

To be fair, we’ve spent alot more than 700k this summer 

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

To be fair, we’ve spent alot more than 700k this summer 

Yes, we have.

But this year we have got far, far more in than we’ve spent.

Semenyo was £10m, then small fees for Towler, Wilson & Low.

Bentley, Klose, Martin, Baker, Moore, Dasilva, Kalas & now Massengo all off the wage bill, as well. The small matter of £25m for Alex Scott.

Even at high end estimates of fees paid it was £1.3m spent in January & about £4.5m prior to Gardiner-Hackman’s £700k.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, we have.

Bentley, Klose, Martin, Baker, Moore, Dasilva, Kalas & now Massengo all off the wage bill, as well. The small matter of £25m for Alex Scott.

Even at high end estimates of fees paid it was £1.3m spent in January & about £4.5m prior to Gardiner-Hackman’s £700k.

No but as a loss making entity, making 20m losses a year, you wouldn’t expect us to spend massive amounts 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, we have.

Yep and what you have to factor in is we are probably a a couple windows behind because we couldn’t spend much in previous windows. This squad could use another 3-4 players in the 1-2m range and the wages that come with them. We are short on quality. 

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

No but as a loss making entity, making 20m losses a year, you wouldn’t expect us to spend massive amounts 

Not sure that is true. We did have 20m losses through covid and maybe before without a sale but we won’t be near there again. Think with normal trading we’ll probably be more in the 8-10m losses range which is well under the 13m allowed through FFP. Is Lansdown’s to spend so if he doesn’t want to do up to 13m a season then that is fine. However, he should stop telling people he wants promotion if thats the case

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Massengo - Linked to Burnley

Definitely the funniest bit is where he says “I’ve been keen to join all summer” which is somewhat at odds with his Dad trying to hawk him to various clubs in Spain, France, Germany & Turkey since then.

At least with Kalas moving to a new club earlier this week too this finally ends all the speculation.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 18:21, Ian M said:

The official website used to link to the league table but now it just links to a balance sheet. I can't stop admiring our progress...

Edited by mozo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Best of luck to him, clearly has potential and could well realise it under Dyche. A Brownhill - Massengo midfield would be interesting to see, can't see many outrunning them!

His part time photography hobby may have to go on hold in Burnley though....

Didn't realise he'd signed for Everton

• Haha 2

Clearly did not want to renew with us, and has done ok for himself.

Playing 100 or so games in this league by the time you are 21 is not trivial. Still very young. One of those you fancy could really fly...or in a few years you ask what ever happened to...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ecko said:

I think i read in the region of 600k+. 

Out of interest, where did you read that?  I try and only go with decent sources for my spreadsheet?

1 hour ago, Kashmir said:

His agent has played a blinder 

He didn’t.  He wasted the chance to get Han sorted 2 months earlier!

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, where did you read that?  I try and only go with decent sources for my spreadsheet?

He didn’t.  He wasted the chance to get Han sorted 2 months earlier!

How much did we pay for him? I had a quick look on their forum to gauge the reaction, one post seemed to think we paid £7m? I can’t remember if the fee was disclosed but noway we paid that.

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What a load of rubbish when did he impress at city last season

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

£2.7m from memory. Certainly under £3m. The £7m talked about was nonsense 

Yep, €3m transfer fee.

The stupid thing is that with his contract fully amortised, the fee we’ve agreed with Burnley (rather than go to PFCC “tribunal”) means we make a transfer profit, because his asset value was £0!!!

The other huge advantage of him going to Burnley rather than abroad is it gave us the opportunity to add:

• add-ons, e.g. appearances, international caps, etc
  • a sell-on percentage

Whether we did or not is pure speculation, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least get the sell-on inserted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, €3m transfer fee.

The stupid thing is that with his contract fully amortised, the fee we’ve agreed with Burnley (rather than go to PFCC “tribunal”) means we make a transfer profit, because his asset value was £0!!!

The other huge advantage of him going to Burnley rather than abroad is it gave us the opportunity to add:

• add-ons, e.g. appearances, international caps, etc
  • a sell-on percentage

Whether we did or not is pure speculation, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least get the sell-on inserted.

Has it been reported Dave that we settled on a fee rather than going to PFCC?

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I must have missed that game !

29 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have we done OK out of this, in your opinion, @Davefevs? ?‍♂️

I honestly don’t know.  Hence why I was interested in the post earlier about £600k and its source.  I’ve not heard any numbers, just that the “fee” was agreed when Massengo first started talking to Burnley earlier this summer.  I don’t think the person will mind me putting that on here.  But he didn’t give me numbers or add-ins or anything like that.

FWIW even if we got the equivalent of the €360k we’d have got for him going abroad, but got a sell-on too, it would be beneficial/ better than just going abroad.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Massengo - Signed for Burnley
On 30/08/2023 at 18:21, Ian M said:

Yep, a great "nest egg" being built to spend on the "right players" when they become available.

Not quite sure who will be choosing these "right players" though of course?

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

He doesn’t? 

I must’ve been dreaming when I thought we signed that Taylor Gardener-Hickman bloke on loan from West Brom. Silly me

While technically a loan, this is clearly a permanent signing in all but name. Theres no way we pay a 700k loan fee for anyone without it being an effectively permanent transfer, the loan im sure is for some kind of accounting arrangement 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

While technically a loan, this is clearly a permanent signing in all but name. Theres no way we pay a 700k loan fee for anyone without it being an effectively permanent transfer, the loan im sure is for some kind of accounting arrangement 

I tend to agree.  But we do have the option of pulling out / sending him back.  The way Nige spoke yesterday, it was clear that he is at least intending to make this permanent.  Which is encouraging.  Two 22-year-old midfielders signed in this window, with over 150 Championship (JK 112 / TGH 52) games under their belts already before signing.  A bit of long-term thinking, especially when you look at James, King and Williams.

I think the loan fee was a compromise from both parties.

• Like 1