IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

45 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

NP has cleared the deadwood, cut the the wage budget, hasn’t had a fortune to spend, built a culture across the football club and is giving us our own identity. The players will run through brick walls for him. We are sat 8th in the championship. And SL won’t offer him a new contract. So frustrating and it’s pissing me off. 

Bet SL will roll at the red carpet for that *** Ashton Wednesday night.

We need to get vocal 

The current squad clearly play for Nige, and he's set proper standards for them. One thing that intrigues me is do the players like him? It doesn't necessarily matter so long as they respect him, but I'm interested. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The players and other staff are obviously aware of what's going on. 

My understanding is the entire squad have a huge amount of respect for Nige and are very fond of him. 

Whilst all this is unnecessary and unwanted, it does have the ability to create a seige mentality between the squad and the fans which can help to get some good results.

You've just answered my above question, thanks!

If the Lanstowns really wanted Pearson gone after the Boxing Day against WBA match last season was a great opportunity to do so as a large amount of the fan base was starting to lose confidence in Pearson but they stuck with him.

maybe they just want to see how a bit more of the season pans out first say see where we are at Christmas before they look to offer him a bigger deal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit harsh.

Mark clearly cares, but his priorities are likely different to us, and if he is also under pressure to reduce costs, increase profitability and all that, it probably takes its toll after a while. 

Premier League Football would make us more profitable (even if just for the parachute payment when we come back down). 

1 minute ago, Red Army 79 said:

If the Lanstowns really wanted Pearson gone after the Boxing Day against WBA match last season was a great opportunity to do so as a large amount of the fan base was starting to lose confidence in Pearson but they stuck with him.

maybe they just want to see how a bit more of the season pans out first say see where we are at Christmas before they look to offer him a bigger deal. 

Genuine Question: do you believe para 2? Or is it just a way of ascertaining what the knock on effect would be with the fan base before considering a (possibly) pre-determined course of action. 

I wholeheartedly accept that you may be correct in your assertions of course.....

Just now, Red Army 79 said:

He was to be sacked if we lost either of our next two games. We drew both against Millwall and Coventry. Then drew with Swansea in the FA Cup, beat Birmingham, went on a run and his job was saved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Harry

Sorry, do I understand you right ...that you are stating NP hasn’t attended training for five weeks ?

As I said earlier, it’s something I heard. But I know lots of posters on here get ‘info’ from some players, so perhaps those in the know can confirm. 
But yes, it’s what I heard. 

If that is the case, then I can fully understand why a new contract is not currently in discussion. The rights and wrongs of whether he should get one clearly have a huge favouring towards, but I’m just saying, if you are the club, you’d surely be wise to delay. 

Nige is no fool. He knows exactly what he’s doing here. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

As I said earlier, it’s something I heard. But I know lots of posters on here get ‘info’ from some players, so perhaps those in the know can confirm. 

If that is the case, then I can fully understand why a new contract is not currently in discussion. The rights and wrongs of whether he should get one clearly have a huge favouring towards, but I’m just saying, if you are the club, you’d surely be wise to delay. 

Thanks

I may be naive here , but firstly Pearson doesn’t strike me as fishing for a new contract offer from a financial perspective, if he believes he’s unable to do the job,  , or the sort of man who if he found he was unable to continue or do a good job would walk rather than take the p , irrespective of contract

I would suggest that it’s more about ‘respect’ and recognising the work he and his team have done here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your OTIB sabbatical. We've all been having a lot of fun today.

Question - do the owners do a fan Q&A with the basketball? 

Aside - generally do you think the basketball is run well (accepting it's a different kettle of fish). It's a different set up given the head coach is also a director and it's directly owned by Bristol Sport, but is it "alright"?

I did thanks.

re Owners Q&A for Flyers - not that I’m aware of.  Fans events for sure, arranged by Commercial team, but I don’t recall SL or JL doing anything in the 7 years I’ve been watching / interested in The Flyers.  @TBW will confirm or not as the case may be.  Jon obviously attends.

Flyers is a very small operation in comparison, very much helped by a small army of volunteers.  Losses were £216k last season.  Accounts are for a small business, so very little detail beyond that.

As a fan who attended (pre-Covid) a 750 capacity converted gym it was executed very well. I can only really speak of the structure that involved a Commercial Manager (Devs), a Comms Manager (Joel) and a few other employees beside the Coach and players.  A low budget operation with a huge passion amongst the staff and helpers and a bloody loyal fan base selling out every home game for 7 years.  Their first foray into Europe this season, and 3 fans went to Pleven in Bulgaria…amazing effort really.  Flyers is a family really, sucks you into it.  I digress though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Genuine Question: do you believe para 2? Or is it just a way of ascertaining what the knock on effect would be with the fan base before considering a (possibly) pre-determined course of action. 

I wholeheartedly accept that you may be correct in your assertions of course.....

I’m just thinking of reasons why they haven’t offered him a new contract yet. He has done everything asked of him and more.

The uncertainty is certainly now causing a problem.

Jon Lansdown need to take his own advice from the article he’s quoted on when Pearson previously signed his 3 year contract.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-appoint-pearson-on-three-year-deal/

This should have been sorted last summer. 

11 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

I’m just thinking of reasons why they haven’t offered him a new contract yet. He has done everything asked of him and more.

The uncertainty is certainly now causing a problem.

Jon Lansdown need to take his own advice from the article he’s quoted on when Pearson previously signed his 3 year contract.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-appoint-pearson-on-three-year-deal/

This should have been sorted last summer. 

Agree. Uncertainly is the crux of the issue. Sadly the only person ITK about the exact circumstances is SL. All of the posts, while representative of fans views, is pure conjecture.  I think whether or not you (ie. Fans - rather than you specifically) love or loathe Pearson, he has been a force for good at this club over the last two years. Some will argue that we are over performing based on the squad and its performances....equally it could be argued that they have learnt to win even when playing poorly. 

I genuinely believe that all the hard fought gains (and there are many-including culture) will fall like a house of cards if Pearson goes. Let's hope that we as a club don't become the architects of our own demise. ☹️

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1

As much as I highly rate NP and wanted him as manager and would like him to continue, if I was running BCFC I would not be handing out a new contract with the issues around Niges heath he has just made public, that would be poor management, until more is known of the prognosis and time off or treatment required. 

• Confused 1

Season ticket holder all my adult life and been going home and away for over 35 years. If Nige is not offered a new contract and ends up leaving its will time for fans to protest against Lansdown(s) and not turn up until they leave. We are Bristol City not Bristol Sport so if you’re reading Steve and son this is one season ticket holder that will be done.   🔴⚪

• Like 8
  • Robin 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

re Owners Q&A for Flyers - not that I’m aware of.  Fans events for sure, arranged by Commercial team, but I don’t recall SL or JL doing anything in the 7 years I’ve been watching / interested in The Flyers.  @TBW will confirm or not as the case may be.  Jon obviously attends.

Nope. Wouldn't say fans have an interest in hearing from ownership at this point because they recognise it's a developing sport. If the arena doesn't go ahead then they may want some answers but honestly, everyone would have the same question(s) so it wouldn't be much of a Q&A. 

Not much to ask from ownership that we don't already know the answers to, or can't work out with a bit of logical thinking as it is.

I've asked JL a couple of questions myself in the past but nothing too invasive, I know I'm not going to get full details so it's more of a "how's it all coming along?" than any kind of shakedown.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I was reflecting on this the other day.

Reluctantly, we have to admit that things are going rather well for Ipswich with Mark Ashton & a progressive young coach.

Does this show that Lansdown was right all along? I actually think it illustrates the opposite - that Lansdown is the problem.

It seems that Ashton + a young manager can do well in the Championship.....just not when they're being dictated to by you, Steve.
As much criticism as Mark Ashton (rightly) received from our fanbase, it wasn't the case the Lansdown had no say in the appointments of Johnson & Holden. It wasn't the case that Lansdown had no involvement in the excessive spending. It wasn't the case that Lansdown had no say in the strange restructuring that occurred during the Ashton era.

Ashton now finds himself at a new club, and may well be on the verge of achieving back to back promotions.

How much more evidence do you need? The problem is you, Mr Lansdown.

It shows that LJ had no clue what to do with the money as McKenna is actually a good young coach not a chancer given the job because of his dad. 

Someone mentioned on another thread about planning for the January window. It could be difficult to attract players if they don’t know what the situation is with the manager.
But, more importantly I wonder whether lack of communication to Nigel / Tins, regarding whether there will be any money available for any purchases, is an additional annoyance that he is having to deal with.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Eustace, Rowett, Wilder, Lamouchi, Carvalhal, Jokanović, Parker, Karanka - all rated, can’t remember the last time so many proven championship managers were unattached at the same time. 

Only 1 of those has a Championship level record anywhere even close to Pearson’s 

• Like 6

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Only 1 of those has a Championship level record anywhere even close to Pearson’s 

….and at least a couple are what I’d call “cheque book managers” so would not be able to work for Austerity City.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ian M said:

….and at least a couple are what I’d call “cheque book managers” so would not be able to work for Austerity City.

We just got 20 odd million in, and a much reduced wage bill,,, i doubt many would be surprised if some money was made available in January if a new manager was brought in!

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

We just got 20 odd million in, and a much reduced wage bill,,, i doubt many would be surprised if some money was made available in January if a new manager was brought in!

I think the point is if we are going to do that why not do that with Pearson? why not do that with the manager doing well and proven at this level. I doubt this is a possibility though, and that's what Fans are worrying about, back the man in the job. give him a contract  - if money can be made available give it to him! And if not he has shown he can and will work with that. 

• Like 3

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I think we'd only do that initially to win back the fans that are pissed that a fairly popular manager was forced out/allowed to leave. Long term we'd go back to our Austerity model as it's my belief that Steve is done loaning us £10m a year that will eventually have to be converted to equity. Then if we make false promises to those "cheque book managers" to get them in the door only to go back on them, we end up with another irritated manager. Parker, for example, doesn't deal with irritation well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabriella said:

If that’s the case then I don’t think he should get a new deal, I know he isn’t hands on but he still needs to be on the training field.

If your board genuinely want him to stay, and genuinely are concerned about his health…then offer him a deal with mutually agreeable clauses.  Nige doesn’t seem to feel it’s affecting his role.  That’s why he brought in the staff he did.

Because we are in a period where we should be planning for January!

Having said that I expect the only real business to be done is making TGH’s loan permanent.

I’m hoping this will all blow over.  Doesn’t feel like it though.

• Like 4

Communication has to be in daily life, work, football Clubs. Seems odd the board dont have any communcation with staf or players. The company that i works, boss, board have communication, meetings. What going on, plans, how to make it. How affect this the team? Rumours, who is coming, Np still here and so on. To be honest is the best thing, either good news or bad. So far our team has shown real team spirit, work for each other, boddies on the line and so on. We have taken points dont played well, we are one point behind top six with a squad that has lots of injuries. Its hard work and not magic. Really hope this kind of not speaking with each other will be sorted out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

As much as I highly rate NP and wanted him as manager and would like him to continue, if I was running BCFC I would not be handing out a new contract with the issues around Niges heath he has just made public, that would be poor management, until more is known of the prognosis and time off or treatment required. 

Would you speak to him, though, and let him know your current position, which he might well accept as a fair position, or just ignore him? Totally ignoring the bloke doesn't come across as great management either.........looks like they are dithering at best, cowardly at worst.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gabriella said:

If that’s the case then I don’t think he should get a new deal, I know he isn’t hands on but he still needs to be on the training field.

Is he allowed to have his operation first or are you advocating ******* him out of it right now?

8 hours ago, Harry said:

It was a joke list.........has to be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If your board genuinely want him to stay, and genuinely are concerned about his health…then offer him a deal with mutually agreeable clauses.  Nige doesn’t seem to feel it’s affecting his role.  That’s why he brought in the staff he did.

Having said that I expect the only real business to be done is making TGH’s loan permanent.

Exactly, and as usual under this regime, we are faffing around instead.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

He’s been there on a Thursday doing the press so you’d assume he was at training. He mentioned about using his eye to judge if players are ready (Conway), and not just to rely on stats.

Maybe reduced attendance at work but can’t see him not coming in at all, especially as he lives in the area.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mason said:

SL will do what he wants because he can, we dont even register on any decision he makes. The silence from our 2 main men jokers is deafening though and annoying as ***k.

I would step away from this asap, if I was NP and enjoy more time with his family,

If this situation is not dealt with properly and respectfully, whatever the decision, I think the Owner is in for a bit of a surprise on this occasion (whether he gives a toss is another matter). We always get people making hot air threats about attendance, season tickets and the like every season but they are exactly that......just hot air venting off. A complete shambles of a situation around this particular topic and I think that might make a few carry out their hot air threats tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly or at least speak with him privately & say that contract negotiations will begin when he has a prognosis. To completely ignore the situation shows a complete lack of respect. 

• Like 1

My initial reaction to Nige’s comments and the rumours of his impending departure was outrage at the thought that we could even think about moving him out . In the cold light of day however  I can see why the board seem to have seen enough . We have a no doubt highly paid Manager who , throughout his tenure has been frequently absent from either training or matches or indeed both . All of the coaching appears to be done by Flemming and Euell . Most pressers are done by Flemming too . This all raises the question as to why we’re paying Nige to do half a job again and are we sat in 8th DESPITE Nige rather than because of him . When looking at it from the clubs perspective rather than a fan’s , you can see where they may be coming from ! 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 17

As others have probably said (I cba to read through 8 pages), the only way I can see why the Lansdown's are taking this stance is that they have investment or a buyer lined up for the club at the end of the season, of which the sale/investment depends on there not being a manager (so they can bring in their own) and a healthy FFP status for them to take on (for transfers etc). Its just weird how the investment talk has all but dried up which coincides with the lack of reinvestment / contract situation for our Nige.

I for one want Nige to stay. He's doing a brilliant job and if it is the case that the above is true, then anyone coming into the club should be able to see that too. 

Add to this that Nige's back problems must be taking an effect on his mood and overall mental state, I know when I had my back issues (and again when they flair up) my mood goes down the pan, all of this culminating in the comments from NP.  

Edited by UREDS_91

15 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Well we can only be behind him in this tit for tat if we know what the issue is, which we don’t….Pearson wanted a 3 year deal and he got it, up to him to make the playoffs this season.

Interesting “new” poster, wonder who you were before?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 9

26 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Well we can only be behind him in this tit for tat if we know what the issue is, which we don’t….Pearson wanted a 3 year deal and he got it, up to him to make the playoffs this season.

Hahahaha!!!! You really think he should be making the play offs with the shit show of support shown by the hierarchy?  You’re as deluded as Lansdown.  The man is performing way above where we should be.   Get any of your list in and we’ll be sinking to the bottom quick time with the lack of funds Nige has had to work with.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting “new” poster, wonder who you were before?

Been a couple of very fishy posts on this thread in defence of the club…..

I mean, rather than making up faceless profiles on here…you know, you could always….I don’t know, maybe, do a little bit of, what do you call it?!…PR at the club? Talk to the fans a little bit and maybe speculation would calm down….

But SL and JL clearly feel above talking to the nasty City fans these days…

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 7
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 1

The obvious thing to do to reflect good management, cohesiveness across the club, to communicate with fans...SL and NP to have meeting agree a statement and present it jointly and publicly. 

Why is this so difficult when both can clearly see how silence is so bad not only for the fans but the club also in respect of any future appointments or investors!

Simple really if people come out of their corners and behave with respect to all concerned. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Haven’t read all the replies, but NP has definitely attended training during the last five weeks, evidenced by his presence at some(not all) press conferences that are held at the RHPC, by his own admission the coaching up to a point is taken by younger fitter men, which is probably the case at other clubs whose managers are not the youngest or fittest (Warnock and Hodgson come to mind).

I keep on saying it but he is the Manager not just the head coach.

6 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Haven’t read all the replies, but NP has definitely attended training during the last five weeks

Yes, have been told the same by someone that has seen him there on several occasions. 

Knowing who told Harry that he hadn't attended for five weeks, I find it interesting that that person appears to be privately briefing against Nige. 

Just more evidence that the end is nigh for Nige at City.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, have been told the same by someone that has seen him there on several occasions. 

Knowing who told Harry that he hadn't attended for five weeks, I find it interesting that that person appears to be privately briefing against Nige. 

I take it Kid , you are talking about someone who is part of / employed by the Club ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is the most worrying thing I’ve read in this thread, I have no reason to disbelieve your statement and I don’t know either you or Harry, but you both seem sensible posters.

If there is a person or people who are behaving in this way I hope they are exposed for what they are.

The players seem 100% behind NP, I’m wondering if it’s either a high ranking pen pusher or a member of the Academy staff, either way I hope the lying bastard is exposed.

Like others on this thread - I think SL has been a good owner for us, overall. Of course he's made mistakes, but he's progessed us massively.

But this is where he loses me, if Nige goes.

Nige is building something. I would question, why we would get rid at this time.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I think NP has done a good job, the restructuring of finances and bringing through of young players being the highlights. I think some of his signings have been poor, something we can’t afford I.e Mehmeti, Cornick.

I would be happy to see him get a rolling deal, but if his back is stopping him doing the basics then the club are well within their rights to do as they please, plus only a few bad results away from the usual…..nothing here is controversial.

I don’t know one fan whose expectation of Pearson is top 6 or bust - as you said earlier.

Regarding restructuring - I think ‘restructuring’ is far too soft a word and does huge discredit to the work he and RG undertook when they joined. We were well on course to fail FFP - that’s not a restructuring, that’s emergency surgery.

Regarding affording poor signings - well, where were you for the Ashton, Johnson, Holden era?!? Sorry, did you just sleep through the last 5 years? Two cheap signings that haven’t quite taken off is hardly a stick to beat him with when we were in a multimillion pound transfer hole. Nigel has had peanuts to work with relatively, developed and sold our biggest ever transfer, not to see the rewards?!

I think the back issue is an issue, absolutely, but as always - communication is key, not just the fans, but to NP himself. He deserves that as a minimum. Stay or go, he deserves that minimum courtesy of open discussions - instead he’s met with disdain and no public support from the club.

All with the threat of “a few bad games” and you’re sacked over his head - when frankly I would bet quite heavily that is in 8th are outperforming our wage and transfer budget league position. 

• Like 3

One things for sure , if somebody is claiming that NP hasn’t been at training at any time in last five weeks , and it’s somebody Pearson has contact with , somebody at the club , and it’s a poisoned lie.........and he gets to hear about this , from social media or elsewhere ........ Good luck to that person 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

THEN COMMUNICATE THAT TO HIM!!

Ffs.

Nothing to do with his health imo. This has been rumbling on since well before his back/leg problem.

Of course, it does provide the perfect smokescreen. 😠

How do you know that SL or JL have not communicated this? You say this is nothing  to do with his health and yet it would seem to be the issue here. Harry makes a very good argument for this but it seems you and others  cant accept the most obvious scenario. By nature health issues are very personal and not to be broadcast, which is why perhaps there is no news that we are privvy  too. OK Pearson has made a couple of veiled comments which is very much his style, if his condition means he cannot fulfill his duties then he obviously would be looking for financial security by way of a contact extension...SL is no mug.

I fully support Nigel but this hysteria on here is crazy, so fickle, if we lost on Saturday the mood in the room would be very different, it might even change as soon as  next Saturday, for me the club is more important than any one person be it Nige Steve or Jon. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's not just about NP leaving it's the fact we all know his replacement will be extremely underwhelming and all progression made under NP will be for nothing.

We could appoint Guardiola but as long as we have the same people at the top of the tree we're not going anywhere different 

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I was just repeating what Pearson said himself, 3 years needed to get us into the playoffs. Its the same with anyone, losing steak more often than not leads to dismissal nowadays.

Yes , that’s fair

Having to slash the wage budget , having to sell your very best players , having your hands tied in terms of recruitment and size of squad ,  and injuries , shouldn’t ever be any excuse or mitigation for not hitting your Target

Ps I’m not sure Pearsons  lost any steak , but if you mean streak , what is this ‘losing streak’ you are referring to ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, cotswoldred2 said:

How do you know that SL or JL have not communicated this? You say this is nothing  to do with his health and yet it would seem to be the issue here. Harry makes a very good argument for this but it seems you and others  cant accept the most obvious scenario. By nature health issues are very personal and not to be broadcast, which is why perhaps there is no news that we are privvy  too. OK Pearson has made a couple of veiled comments which is very much his style, if his condition means he cannot fulfill his duties then he obviously would be looking for financial security by way of a contact extension...SL is no mug.

I fully support Nigel but this hysteria on here is crazy, so fickle, if we lost on Saturday the mood in the room would be very different, it might even change as soon as  next Saturday, for me the club is more important than any one person be it Nige Steve or Jon. 

I don't agree it would be different CR2. I would like to think the vast majority of our fellow supporters understand and appreciate the job Nige has done thus far. A defeat wouldn't change that opinion IMHO.

• Like 4

I'd be amazed if the guy who KITR/Harry is referring to is Tins, that makes literally no sense. Don't Nige and Tins have a decent relationship? I'd imagine it's someone more non-playing staff related, though admittedly don't know much of the structural setup of the club.

On a side note, I tend to defend SL and the like a fair bit on here. I think at times the reaction can be over the top and downright nasty. But I can't deny that this is extremely frustrating - Pearson has done an outstanding job in a situation where many managers would be in a relegation battle or worse. I can't really remember a time when the fans have been so united over a manager that the board didn't want, so this will be an interesting one to see play out. If Pearson is let go in an unreasonable fashion, then it will say everything about our lack of success as a club over the past 15 years or so.

Edited by nebristolred

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , that’s fair

Having to slash the wage budget , having to sell your very best players , having your hands tied in terms of recruitment and size of squad ,  and injuries , shouldn’t ever be any excuse or mitigation for not hitting your Target

Ps I’m not sure Pearsons  lost any steak , but if you mean streak , what is this ‘losing streak’ you are referring to ?

People just don’t get it and there’s no point in trying to point out what’s changed in the time that’s elapsed.  Absolutely clueless - at best! 

10 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

NP's comments on Saturday would suggest that nothing has been communicated to him hence his frustration with the situation. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Like others on this thread - I think SL has been a good owner for us, overall. Of course he's made mistakes, but he's progessed us massively.

But this is where he loses me, if Nige goes.

Nige is building something. I would question, why we would get rid at this time.

100% with you there. 

It would be the mistake to end all other Lansdown mistakes, some of which at least had some logic to them, in hindsight.

When he stood by LJ in 2017, Lansdown talked about the benefits of stability at a club. Pearson took a bit longer to get City on track then I hoped (perhaps because at the time, I underestimated how off-the-rails we were), but now, as you say, he has a project, an ethos, a method of building for a long-term future. There is stability.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't agree it would be different CR2. I would like to think the vast majority of our fellow supporters understand and appreciate the job Nige has done thus far. A defeat wouldn't change that opinion IMHO.

There is some that would Ska , some on here that sway in mood almost week to week , almost entirely based on the latest result or two 

Thankfully , there are a heartening group and majority on here , that’s grown , looking deeper, recognising the job Pearson is doing and has done , a lot of it away from the 90 mins on a Saturday , to benefit the Club long term , with the actual Saturday performances taking generally , an upward creep

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Exactly this. NP has done a good job but people are treating him like the messiah.

And you haven’t reappeared on the forum with a anti Pearson agenda either have you ......

19 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

A lot would also depend on who he was replaced with if he went. An outside of the box exciting new manager who appease the fan base…..can’t see it happening though.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

’An outside of the box exciting new manager’...... hang on let’s google , I bet there’s a list somewhere.....

Quotes from the Post re his neurological condition and how it has affected his presence at trading for clarity. 

Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson has revealed he is dealing with an unspecified neurological issue along with his back problem, which is the reason he’s needed to walk with the aid of crutches for the last six weeks.

Pearson has been hampered by the ailment since the September international break, which has left the Robins boss unable to move without two crutches by his side.

The 60-year-old has continued to work through the discomfort and obvious logistical difficulties and has been in charge for each of City’s seven matches since, although he’s had to spend the majority of the 90 minutes either seated in the dugout or stands.

He’s undergone a series of tests, which have confirmed he requires back surgery. While the root of the neurological issue is yet to be discovered, Pearson has thankfully ruled out anything particularly serious, such as cancer.

“I know people know about the fact I need a back operation and that hasn’t changed, of course, but that’s not really the main problem for me at the minute, it’s a neurological situation,” Pearson said.

“I’m still awaiting further tests to find out what the prognosis is and one of the things that I’m trying to avoid at the minute is blanket treatment. There’s no point going onto steroids and that having some sort of an impact, and it masking what it is.

“The good news from my perspective is all the sinister possibilities - cancer etc - have all been ruled out. What I need to do now is wait for an opportunity whereby I can get into hospital and get it all done in one hit which might take 24-48 hours.

“What I don’t want to do is prolong it over 4, 5, 6 weeks. It’s just one of those situations where the symptoms that I have don’t match the scans in terms of the back so we have to investigate other areas.”

It has impacted his presence on the pitches of the High Performance Centre, with Curtis Fleming and Jason Euell guiding the players on the field, but he’s still been able to conduct the majority of his managerial duties outside of a matchday.

Fleming has taken on a more pronounced role in terms of post-match media duties, as the Ashton Gate press room is on the first floor of the Lansdown Stand, but for the most part Pearson insists it'll largely be business as usual.

“In the meantime, we as a working group of people have to adapt slightly how I and we work,” Pearson added. “You know already I’m a bit more of an observational type of person anyway, and it’s more about the work place really, more than anything.

“I’m awaiting to find out what the next step will be. In the meantime, of course, what’s important is that we continue to work closely together as a group of staff to make sure, as always, the players come first and that’s what I will always do.

“On a personal level, it’s a bit frustrating, but on a professional level it’s just something I’ve got to deal with.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

NP's comments on Saturday would suggest that nothing has been communicated to him hence his frustration with the situation. 

Well it would be crazy even beyond any theories on here that SL has not had any dialogue with Pearson be it personal or business. If that is the case then I fully back Nigel ....but it does seem very far fetched.

• Like 1