IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

No, he isn't and wasn't. 

The loans physio was Nick Fulton. 

Fair enough. I thought Pearson mocking that role may have pissed some people off, including Tinnion. Don’t forget Tinnion was loans manager and was a big fan of the loan strategy 

Absolutely gutted. A saddening and cowardly decision. Wrong person(s) gone. 

Nige did amazing with the resources available, imagine what could have been with a properly back board...how can they say; "...give the club the best possible chance of success" when he had nothing!? Awful and deflating.

Let's see what happens next, but this one hurts.

• Like 3

Personally think NP done a class job

What I’ve never been able to understand is the relentless injuries (12 out at mo)

And the fact we sell the likes of Kelly 17 million, Semeyno 13 million and Scott 25 million and very little given to NP to bring in players. 

I understand the club were in debt but no longer. 

And surely if NP would have been given 15 million to bring in a top finisher keeper and centre back we all wouldn’t have been having these conversations today. 

Truly gutted but that’s Bristol City 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

Absolutely uninspired football for three years, always minimal possession and chances, poor win rate, tedious in the extreme to watch and nothing to show for it. Plus miserable and rude interviews. Why on earth is anyone sorry to see the back of that? 

Evening Steve

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

Absolutely uninspired football for three years, always minimal possession and chances, poor win rate, tedious in the extreme to watch and nothing to show for it. Plus miserable and rude interviews. Why on earth is anyone sorry to see the back of that? 

I've seen a handful of comments like this over the last few years (mainly from Mark 'not allowed within 100 yards of a school' Carter). It makes no sense to me at all.

Firstly, have you been watching a different team to the rest of us? For the most part, we've been a relatively high scoring team who have been lacking defensively under Pearson. We have not been remotely "uninspiring" or "tedious" - we've played with passion and commitment, and generally been involved in high scoring games.

Secondly, even if we have been "uninspiring" (which we haven't), is that more important to you than the club moving in the right direction? The club Pearson inherited was a complete mess both on and off the pitch. We barely looked competitive under Holden. When you're trying to turn around a sinking ship with a tiny budget, aesthetics and excitement probably shouldn't be your primary concern.

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, red ponty said:

No team has gone up paying peanuts for wages and transfers .

Well this is nonsense - the reason we are in a financial black hole is we massively overpaid on transfers and salaries ie Kalas, Palmer, HNM, Wells etc.
The only reason we can’t reinvest now is to avoid a points deduction for doing exactly this!

Would say im shocked.  But im not. 

Would say it's a scandal. It is  

This is a disgrace. We have a clown as an owner. One that cares more about his ego then the club. He has set Pearson up to fail because he doesn't like him. 

It's a disgrace. We need to make our feelings clear to these little dictators.

He needs to sell up. A total narcissistic clown. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 6

Just had a look on twitter to gauge the mood there and not just on OTIB - fair to say it's 100's if not 1000's of near 99% universal support of Pearson and disagreement of the club from both City fans and other football fans alike. 

EDIT - Same on Instagram - so much so that the club's social media team have (re)posted 3 away kit posts to try and push the NP leaving post out the lime light...

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Put very simply

THE WORST FOOTBALL DECISION MADE BY ANYONE ATTHIS CLUB IN AT LEAST 50 YEARS

Complete Clowns

Aw bless.

Just one reason then, why this is a bad footballing decision?

Is it the scintillating football?

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who sat around me, didn't like pearson's football.

You?

• Facepalm 13

Just now, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who sat around me, didn't like pearson's football.

You?

The fact that I’d have to explain to you says it all really

Another wonderboy fan weren’t you IIRC

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

For me, it’s the timing of the decision that makes this worst. The decision has been made after back to back defeats with a squad that’s hanging on a shoe string.

In the circumstances, the performance have still been of a good standard, particularly when one was against high flying Ipswich.

We’re just about to go into 2 games against teams in and around the relegation zone. Had Nige been in charge, we would have been expected to have won these games.

It feels as though the board have decided to get rid of Nige before an upturn in form and it really makes me question the motives of the board.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

For me, it’s the timing of the decision that makes this worst. The decision has been made after back to back defeats with a squad that’s hanging on a shoe string.

In the circumstances, the performance have still been of a good standard, particularly when one was against high flying Ipswich.

We’re just about to go into 2 games against teams in and around the relegation zone. Had Nige been in charge, we would have been expected to have won these games.

It feels as though the board have decided to get rid of Nige before an upturn in form and it really makes me question the motives of the board.

Agree with that entirely. Too add, I am now much less confident about those two matches. Who knows how the players react.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mason said:

Gas or BS or a relation of Jon and Steves ?

18 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Either employed by the club or a dirty sag. Either way just **** off you ***.

Why would me expressing my view honestly and without any malice inspire you to be personally abusive and offensive? What kind of world is that? 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

How do you know that? You only signed up 41 minutes ago 🤔

Yes , she is also the troll Bristol Sport Lemming

Champs

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

And still not one football reason. 

Always the way with the Pearson Fanboys.

Maybe you could have wonderboy back so you can drool

Your posts over years mean educating you It would be like teaching Jon Lansdown science 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

You?

Would they be the same idiot supporters who shout 'get rid of it' at every opportunity?

7 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

You?

So you and your divvy mate then 

wowzers

• Like 1

Whilst I understand the anger, it can come as no surprise to anyone. If anything the last couple of weeks has been leading to this. 2 weeks ago, it was clear Nige was not happy and he publicly called the board out. Since then, we have lost our next two games. I was surprised by his press conference yesterday when he didn't blame injuries and said he felt the team we put out there was good enough to get a result. I found this very strange, and if he truly believed that squad would get anything from that game, then I'm shell shocked.]

I think, as fans we should be thankful for the hard work he has done, the job he has done and how he has had us stabilised during a transition. I remember even a few months ago @Davefevs even said he didn't think Pearson would be the person to lead us forward and he has not been alone with that feeling. 

I think Sheffield Wednesday winning today also means that next Saturday is a huge game, and whilst Pearson's departure was announced only 15 minutes after full time in that game, I personally feel, his fate was probably decided last night. 

I wish Nige all the best in the future, and hope he uses this time to get his health on the straight and narrow. 

Like many, I don't have much faith in Lansdown to appoint someone who could come in and do a better job with this squad than Nige was doing, but I think we all know, that come January, the purse strings will be loosened for whoever gets the gig. 

What's happened, has happened, hard not to be disillusioned by the decision making at the top, but we soldier on, and will get behind whoever is appointed.

Thanks for the hard work Nige. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , she was the troll Bristol Sport Leeming

Champs

Maybe you could have wonderboy back so you can drool

2 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Would they be the same idiot supporters who shout 'get rid of it' at every opportunity?

2 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

So you and your divvy mate then 

wowzers

Just one football reason? Anyone?

I find it really amusing when I ask this how many insults start flying. 

It's because the Pearson Fanboys realise the football really is awful.

12 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

Yep. The timing of this shows its not a footballing decision. It shows them panicking we may start winning so they'd lose there chance to sack him. Something they've wanted for a long while. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Just one football reason? Anyone?

I find it really amusing when I ask this how many insults start flying. 

It's because the Pearson Fanboys realise the football really is awful.

Plymouth home, hull away, Swansea away, first half vs stoke, second half vs Ipswich, Millwall away….all awful were they? Deary me

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

And still not one football reason. 

Always the way with the Pearson Fanboys.

Are you really that dim that you don’t know what’s been happening this past year plus that means the football has been as good as it realistically could be given the circumstances?  Genius.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

You need to schedule an appointment with your analyst. He might be able to get to the bottom of it.

1 hour ago, YorksRed said:

Been supporting the club nearly 50 years (yikes) and always thought that as a supporter you should generally “support” the club.  I’ve always tried to speak positively of the Lansdowns too for what they have done.  I am furious and appalled by this decision and the treatment of Nigel.

We finally, after many years, had a serious, experienced manager who talked sense, who had got on and changed the culture, trimmed costs, met the financial requirements, developed and sold on young players and clearly moved the whole club forward in all areas.  There was a clear plan for the first time that I could see for many years.

We are now a club without a CEO, without a strong and visible leader and now without a manager.  What a mess.

Nigel managed the club through a really difficult period, with huge constraints and didn’t complain at any stage.  I am very grateful for all he has done but am now also mourning what perhaps could have been.

Fully agree with this.

Given the Lansdown's track record on appointments, I am fearful where we will end up from here. Took them 3 attempts  to make a decent appointment in Pearson after Johnson (since sacked by Sunderland and Hibs and not exactly setting Fleetwood alight) and Holden (since sacked by Charlton), and it seems that they have not learnt. And don't get started on Ashton and his cronies on the admin side.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Plymouth home, hull away, Swansea away, first half vs stoke, second half vs Ipswich, Millwall away….all awful were they? Deary me

Two of the games you mention we lost. 😁

You forgot 3 minutes against Coventry where we played well. Deary me. 

21 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

You?

Where do you sit?

Really interested to know.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_8897.thumb.jpeg.649d8d0c102e9edf56803cf98c01890b.jpeg

FFS.

They probably think we’ll get an east 6 points and it will be justified.

1) do they know the championship?

2) do they know how many players we have fit?

😡😡😡

it seems so horribly obvious they just wanted him out regardless. The gutless way they have gone about it makes it worse.

We'll no doubt get all the usual bullshit about a top class field of applicants again and then see Tinnion made manager.

so utterly demoralising

• Like 3

Quite possibly the worst decision in the club's recent history?   Only one Nepo fool should be leaving?  Our Chairman needs to get on a slow boat to the West Indies, and never bother coming back?  A disgraceful stain on our club's history, that will take a gargantuan effort to recover from.   "The Lunatics have taken over the Asylum" ?

Unless they have a well thought out forwardly progressive plan( Most Unlikely given previous debacles?) to replace NP with a experienced and  talented coach, who will be given funds to improve our decimated squad. .............  Rather than the normal procedure     ............... which is a Default kneejerk panic, (Holden anyone?) with no idea what to do next?........then the Lansdowns will become a laughing stock? ....who will continue to be intensely disliked by our fanbase. 

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

Well that’s this, and probably another five seasons buggered.

All the best , to Nigel Pearson, for the future, you have been the best, and most professional of Managers we have had in Bristol since Alan Dicks.

We , as it always seems, are going nowhere 

Seriously passed off, and wish I hadn’t bought my QPR ticket earlier this week 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Christ there have been some dire times at this club in the 30 years I have been watching (appreciate others have done so for much longer and through much tougher i.e. early eighties) but at least in my time I don't recall a moment I have ever felt more disillusioned or detached from the club than hearing this news. We knew it might be coming but part of me didn't want to believe the Lansdown's would be so ridiculous.

This is not a footballing decision however they dress this up. We've been competitive in all of the games we've played this season and anyone who spends any amount of time watching can see what is developing. I'm one of those people who finds it quite awkward to be outright dismissive of SL given the investment he has made in the club, but at this point he is no better than all the other lunatics or overseas owners.

This is a scandalous decision which appears to be at odds with the vast majority of supporters - in which case he clearly no longer cares about who he represents, so perhaps it's time to sell up and move on.

Thank you Ole superb post. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Where do you sit?

Really interested to know.

South Stand. 

Still waiting for the football reason. 

Although a couple have mentioned they are happy with the football due to the cards Pearson has been dealt. 

I disagree but that's fine. 

I thought people were upset due to the football... my bad. 

• Confused 1

Unbelievable decision. I cannot find any reasoning behind it. Surely the club would have been a lot more investable with a world class manager on board. Therefore, it doesn’t even align with the nest egg conspiracy theories.

There simply has to be more to this that we know, because it makes absolutely no sense based on the facts that we know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HitchinRed said:

Unbelievable decision. I cannot find any reasoning behind it. Surely the club would have been a lot more investable with a world class manager on board. Therefore, it doesn’t even align with the nest egg conspiracy theories.

There simply has to be more to this that we know, because it makes absolutely no sense based on the facts that we know.

It's personal.

• Like 2

@JerrySLO please can you ask the powers that be to confirm where I can return three away tickets for QPR please?

Absolutely disgusted with this decision and time for Lansdown to sell up and get out of OUR club. And yes it is OUR club not Lansdown's because without attending supporters the club SL legally owns would not exist. 

59 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

What did you expect "for it" given the slashing of wages, cuts, shopping in L1 and 2, number of academy rookies playing in first X1, etc?

• Like 3