IGNORED

Lansdowns AND Tinnion out!

Shauntaylor85

The Lansdowns have destroyed any good will that was left towards them, irrespective of what they’ve done.

This club, repeatedly, doesn’t so much shoot itself in the foot as pull the pin out of a hand grenade and insert it into its own anus.

I fear our form will go into freefall now and we will end up with another clueless manager. What a squandered opportunity.

Incidentally, this fixture does seem to be the death knell regularly for managers both on red and blue side.

LANSDOWN OUT!

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Not surprised at all Tinnion is involved.

From things I’ve heard he’s not the lovely bloke some like to claim.

Managed to worm his way back in with the Lansdowns after his abysmal spell as manager & now seemingly in charge of all football matters, not good.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 5
  • Facepalm 5

Tinnion has been empowered by Lansdown to run the entire football side of club despite having no credentials to do so. Expect a young “head coach” to join the cosy club where the key is to never employ anyone who might pose a threat or deliver a few home truths due to their superior knowledge and experience 

Edited by SuperRed
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

I can understand why you are blaming Lansdown but Tinnion?! Really …. he loves City and has bought some fabulous players through the academy. 
And before you say it …. Yes he was and still is, my favourite City player of all time. However I’m not totally blind by his service to the club , show me proof of what are basing your allegation on? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Crayon boy’s comment about “our ambition to be promoted” was the icing on the cake.

Stick to the basketball, absolute jokers.

He is a complete and utter bellend , truly remarkable that someone so stupid could be allowed anywhere a football club or any business 

As you say that comment alone proves what a w*nker he is

1 minute ago, Champs said:

What a valuable insight deserving of a new thread.

Get back to reporting to the boss dimwit

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jacs said:

I can understand why you are blaming Lansdown but Tinnion?! Really …. he loves City and has bought some fabulous players through the academy. 
And before you say it …. Yes he was and still is, my favourite City player of all time. However I’m not totally blind by his service to the club , show me proof of what are basing your allegation on? 

It’s a bit of a stretch to suggest Tinnion wasn’t consulted by Crayon Boy.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Managed to worm his way back in with the Lansdowns after his abysmal spell as manager & now seemingly in charge of all football matters, not good.

There's been a few ex players on podcasts saying he was a bit of grass in his playing days? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

This is not BT’s fault in any shape or form that I can see. Nige always spoke well about him in interviews and it seemed like they had a good relationship.

I fail to see how a Technical Director can’t take some of the flack.

He is naturally going to be on the inner circle and if he isn’t, he’s not technically directing anything and lives in an echo chamber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully they will now sell up. Both have outstayed their welcome.

SL only cares about his legacy and ego, this is rapidly being tainted. In my mind the first thing a new owner can do is rename his stand to an actual club legend.

Best if they both stay away from the club for the foreseeable.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

I fail to see how a Technical Director can’t take some of the flack.

He is naturally going to be on the inner circle and if he isn’t, he’s not technically directing anything and lives in an echo chamber. 

Do you really believe that this decision isn’t just SL’s alone? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

Do you really believe that this decision isn’t just SL’s alone? 

Instigated by, but you have to question the value of the people around him if they are all there to act like Churchill dogs. Where is their self respect and integrity?

• Like 1

I’m not going to go all in on Tinnion regarding this decision, as it will have been SL’s don’t be in any doubt  - but I have been quietly surprised at his gradual promotions up the ladder to positions that I’m not sure his experience, talent or ability is quite qualified for…actually that sounds quite harsh, apologies 

Edited by Alessandro

1 minute ago, Sturgess said:

Instigated by, but you have to question the value of the people around him if they are all there to act like Churchill dogs. Where is their self respect and integrity?

That’s the legacy of having one man at the top of the club for over 20 years, we’ve become absolutely dependent on him that his power is absolute. 

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Surely it was Tinnion last week that suggested King shouldn't be in the team. There hasn't been much heard from Tinnion since the summer and his plan A and plan B comments.

Lost some respect for him when he pretended that Knight was to play alongside Scott, then 360’d to say he was to replace Scott. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

The recently departed CEO saw through it. 
I understand he was rather shocked at the amount of family friends with positions in the club. 
It’s one big cosy club. 

Lansdown has been wearing Emperor’s clothes since he rode in on his Trojan Horse.

He had no intention of buying Ashton Vale for BCFC or anything other than getting a resi consent.

And some laughed out loud when I called it out……

• Like 1

Lansdown has turned this club into a Joke. Plays victim in a situation he has created, goes on about his investment and that it's "his team". He made the decisions to invest where he did! On poor players, poor contracts, and poor managers. The bloke is toxic and needs to go.

Wrexham will be in the Prem before City...Years go buy and we see Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford, Burnley, Luton, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool all surpass backwater Bristol City...truth is Bristol is a bigger City than all of those mentioned, and could be a huge football club with the right ownership.

Pearson has worked miracles with no investment! What does Lansdown expect!

I hope i see Lansdown sell the club in my lifetime, Can't stand the bloke.

• Like 3

In life there are influencers, put it that way. Apparently all is not what it seems to be with a certain someone! As I’ve said I have no axe to grind with any of our ex players, but spurs mates I have shuddered at thought of Hoddle coming back in advisory role a few years ago, legends don’t have to be at clubs in senior roles, Edu is prob where it has worked at Arsenal with Arteta. I am just saying what I hear like the rest AND we have been here before many years ago with alleged influence over DW let’s not forget! 

Let us also not forget the mess GJ was left with when he came in and the sort of attitude of players and staff at the time. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

5 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Lansdown has been wearing Emperor’s clothes since he rode in on his Trojan Horse.

He had no intention of buying Ashton Vale for BCFC or anything other than getting a resi consent.

I didn’t see it straight away, but I’ve been with you for about 10 years on this 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

In life there are influencers, put it that way. Apparently all is not what it seems to be with a certain someone! As I’ve said I have no axe to grind with any of our ex players, but spurs mates I have shuddered at thought of Hoddle coming back in advisory role a few years ago, legends don’t have to be at clubs in senior roles, Edu is prob where it has worked at Arsenal with Arteta. I am just saying what I hear like the rest AND we have been here before many years ago with alleged influence over DW let’s not forget! 

Let us also not forget the mess GJ was left with when he came in and the sort of attitude of players and staff at the time. 

The problem with everything you say though is it’s a guess. You don’t know anything for sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This is super duper true I can vouch.

i used to be close to the then club secretary and she used to say he was an absolute creep/brown nose and grass towards SL.  I might remember I had some cracking leaks at the time.

He almost single handily persuaded SL to get rid of DW and give him a go instead.

Twenty years on he might be totally different.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I mean the kit man stays throughout every manager reign too! 

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

I cannot stand Jon he comes across as an absolute pleb, just hearing the clown speak makes my skin crawl. The useless little *** wouldn’t be anything without the money of his old man either would he lets be honest.

Maybe he’d be a headhunter with experience in talents including  “strong human” or “good person”.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome back @BigAl&Toby.

Yep, you and @Ivorguy have always given a different perspective, that has made me think further.

I’m just waiting for SL to write off £200m as a goodwill / love City gesture.

@Davefevs as Mr Glitter once said it’s good to be back. Or was that a Gallagher?

Either way I couldn’t stand by and not repeat what I’ve said before - and been laughed at.

The Lansdowns have ruined Bristol City. He only had one thing on his mind. Making more money to fly off with to his Channel Island haven.

Or spend on ******* elephants.

Oh for the good old days. When Ashton Gate was just a football stadium, and when the only extras were Billy Graham and the Rolling Stones….. 😃

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

That's it for me.   Fan since the sixties,  been with them up to the old first division and down to the fourth.     Was raised  a stone's throw from Ashton Gate.   John Galley came to a mate's birthday party when I was a lad.    Don't live in UK much now but watch on Robins TV.

I've hated the whole Bristol Sport era.   It has nothing whatsoever to do with Bristol City.    

The football over so many years now has been so disappointing.  The Holden appointment was a disaster.   Nigel Pearson has done a good job given the total mess he inherited.   Having steadied the ship, he has won the respect of the fans and, given the injury problems, the performances have not been as bad as they used to be.    If he had been allowed to re-invest, we would certainly have been competing at the top end of the table.   Even with this squad fully fit, we would surely be there or thereabouts.   I really had hope.

So I don't care if he's got Pep Guardiola lined up to take over,   I'll no longer call myself a fan until the Landsdowns are gone.     They've behaved despicably toward Pearson and treated fans with contempt.   They are incapable of making big footballing decisions.  They are only interested in their own empire which no longer has much to do with football.

• Like 11
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome back @BigAl&Toby.

Yep, you and @Ivorguy have always given a different perspective, that has made me think further.

I’m just waiting for SL to write off £200m as a goodwill / love City gesture.

Dave, on one of the other threads you mentioned a few things about Tinnion, his promotion and his yearning to have more academy players, etc. I have nothing but a cynical suspicion and no grounds to back it up, however what if his obsession with getting more from the academy led to him and his decision not to spend the Scott money and not SL in the first place? As Technical Director surely he would be in a strong place of influence. As said I have no axe to grind and am not mischief making, just providing another angle to consider.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I mean the kit man stays throughout every manager reign too! 

Quite. Another messiah.

I’d get rid of him too. Kept on for what? Being able to flick the ball up with his Adidas boots on into a net bag?

Needs a full shake up. Top to bottom.

Anyone see the Silver on MOTD? Sold? For what?

Oh yes. Many will say FFP and to balance the books of previous overspending and wasted cash.

Thank **** Lansdown isn’t managing my pension funds…..

• Flames 3

1 minute ago, Coupon said:

Dave, on one of the other threads you mentioned a few things about Tinnion, his promotion and his yearning to have more academy players, etc. I have nothing but a cynical suspicion and no grounds to back it up, however what if his obsession with getting more from the academy led to him and his decision not to spend the Scott money and not SL in the first place? As Technical Director surely he would be in a strong place of influence. As said I have no axe to grind and am not mischief making, just providing another angle to consider.

I cant think that tinnion holds that sort of power at the club,, he’s presumably making a pretty nice living at the club, and i have no doubt as to his affection for it… whether he has the experience to do that job in the championship is another discussion though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coupon said:

Good angle. 👍🏻