IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

23 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

Don’t think Pearson was the best man imo I think he flattered to deceive on the pitch and we didn’t threaten enough at home. A lot of people are very pro Pearson on her and I understand that I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch. 

Bore off, you plant. We all know you’re Bristol Sport. Onto the ignore list you go

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

knick, knack, paddy whack, give that dog a ban ......

It’s my new hobby. I’ve only banned one person this year, but I’ve banned that person about eleventy billion times. It’s as much fun for me as it is him registering new email accounts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

It’s my new hobby. I’ve only banned one person this year, but I’ve banned that person about eleventy billion times. It’s as much fun for me as it is him registering new email accounts.

Not knowing anything techy, but how can you tell it's the same person, do they register with the same email or something, or is it their style of writing?

35 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

His teams like to press and are very drilled with clear style of play, we haven’t had that in years in my view, quite progressive and to be successful in this league in 2023 you need identity which I struggled to see under Pearson. He is a coach unlike Pearson as well turned down champ jobs 2021 so been on the radar of teams for a while.

Hard to have an identity when you can't name a full bench. Such an overused term in the modern game, to me identity is only applicable to sides that have had an opportunity to sign and field selected players - Pearson had no consistency to do this.

• Like 1

• Admin

If Eustace gets the job, please can someone give him the heads up to praise our Glorious Leader for his generosity in every interview if he has any hope of seeing out his contract. Doesn’t need to mean it, just utter the damn words.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

Don’t think Pearson was the best man imo I think he flattered to deceive on the pitch and we didn’t threaten enough at home. A lot of people are very pro Pearson on her and I understand that I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch. 

I really hope you are being paid well for posting this shit....

Because you are beginning to look a bit of a ****t...

• Like 4

• Admin
1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

Not knowing anything techy, but how can you tell it's the same person, do they register with the same email or something, or is it their style of writing?

Whenever you visit a website, your device leaves a calling card. Normally no one even glances at it but with banned users returning it’s a great aspect of the internet.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

(Sigh) It was an analogy.

How the eff do we know whether Eustace is good or bad or better or worse than Nige before he's even appointed? 

It's speculation. It's bitterness. It's silly.

If he has the job then he's our Manager and should have at least one game before spleen venting.

IMO ( and that of James Piercy) BCFC are a very attractive club and a really great opportunity for the new man. It seems like some think the football world should shun the job in sympathy for Nige.

You know that it really has nothing to do with who's appointed. Most just gutted with Pearson getting sacked,ok not you i realise not you.

As for the new manager be it Eustace or no i'm quite prepared to give the new man a good 30mins to impress .

38 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

His teams like to press and are very drilled with clear style of play, we haven’t had that in years in my view, quite progressive and to be successful in this league in 2023 you need identity which I struggled to see under Pearson. He is a coach unlike Pearson as well turned down champ jobs 2021 so been on the radar of teams for a while.

Oh look everyone here's Michael Aspel, he's only been on here a day, but he's here to give everyone This is your F*cking Life for John Eustace. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

"I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch" is the most never watched a game in my life, administration role at BS statement I've ever heard

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Oh look everyone here's Michael Aspel, he's only been on here a day, but he's here to give everyone This is your F*cking Life for John Eustace. 

Can tell you’re young. ‘‘Twas Eamonn Andrews when I were a lad. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Just bloody own your decisions - say Pearson was hard to work with, he didn't do things the way the club wanted, he wouldn't accept a lack of control, whatever it was. Stop this naval gazing bollocks with your stupid corporate hat on and explain ffs.

This.

I think many would begrudgingly accept something along those lines, still many wouldn't. But it would certainly be easier than the JL and Tinnion "interviews" earlier.

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

If Eustace gets the job, please can someone give him the heads up to praise our Glorious Leader for his generosity in every interview if he has any hope of seeing out his contract. Doesn’t need to mean it, just utter the damn words.

and praise the stadium and the HPC. Yawn

Good choice imo.. young, hungry manager who will want to prove a point given how he left Birmingham. NP has built a great foundation for the new manager to build on,  I still think the sacking was very unfair and a shame how things turned out, but this appointment would definitely soften the blow a little. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Just bloody own your decisions - say Pearson was hard to work with, he didn't do things the way the club wanted, he wouldn't accept a lack of control, whatever it was. Stop this naval gazing bollocks with your stupid corporate hat on and explain ffs.

Don’t raise your hopes too much - just what sort of reception do you think  JL would get if he has the balls to go on to the pitch before next game? He’d get shouted and jeered at by thousands of people, and no doubt a few would try to get on the pitch to give him some advice and ask for the keys to ‘their club’ back. 

You might get some explanation on social media but it whatever happens most fans won’t be trusting them again for a long time.

Demanding - and expecting - them to walk away is ridiculous. It’s a multi million pound business which has already been for sale for a while and we’ve seen or heard of little interest so sadly we will have to continue with the Lansdowns ownership for a while yet.
I’d be surprised (but delighted) if any of the new infrastructure such as the new Sporting Wuarter development progresses any further than it already has.  

2 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

I joined here in 2004 and I’d be very happy with a John Eustace appointment, best of the available bunch for me. Got a bit sick of Pearsons’ hoof ball towards the end.  Cheers.

Back under your stone now bs15 speak to you in 2030

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

While waiting to see if this is true and knowing little about JE I had a little look around.

First thing I stumbled across was ironic…..Birmingham City have released a lengthy statement to their supporters explaining their decisions for sacking manager John Eustace.

He will celebrate his 44th birthday on 3 November.

As a central midfielder he played for Coventry City , Dundee United, Middlesborough, Stoke City, Hereford, Watford and Derby County.

After two-year managerial reign at Kidderminster Harriers (including two play-off campaigns) https://youtu.be/3jt5LzxLzQQ?si=odStzlbajAZ_xeAy he moved to QPR where he was Steve McClaren’s assistant. The currently empty managers seat at Loftus Road has fueled speculation he might be heading back there.

He left QPR when Beale took over, at the time QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “John has been the ultimate professional from the moment he joined us four years ago. He has a fantastic attitude and is an incredibly hard-working individual.”

He succeeded Lee Bowyer as head coach of  Birmingham City in July 2022. His first managerial role in the football league, he signed a three-year contract.

On 9 October 2023, he was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches.

Some have pointed out that Eustace overachieved with Blues in the previous campaign, recoding their best Championship finish since 2016 although they had been tipped for relegation, but he kept them up with relative ease, and built a decent team despite so many off-field issues. He certainly started this season well and worked with many young players at Brum.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

anyway good luck John you will need it as head coach of our club.

There is no doubt whatever has happened you start with a clean slate and 99pc of our fans will be behind you.

Unlike the disdain most feel for the owner.

Will we? 

I'll be behind the football team. He'd need to win me around on his own merits and not look to take credit for the work Nige has done here. 

IF it is Eustace, in my mind there is always going to be the suspicion that he was part of the process that saw Nige kicked out of the door.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I knew nothing about Eustace before, apart from the fact that his Birmingham team totally outplayed us twice and looked like a really well drilled unit.

If you bother to read up on the bloke you may find some information which could make you think that he perhaps isn't that bad an appointment.

Until he falls to get three points one day, and then you'll start on him too.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

Not knocking eustace as what was available he would of been my pick , however it just goes to show Nige went because of a personality clash not poor results because no way would you in our position sack an established experienced manager for pretty much an untried rookie ( again not knocking eustace really hope he does well ) 

One thing with eustace he'll be wary of how f*****g fickle boards are . Its difficult to get a grip of exactly what's happening here to be fair.  As far as I'm concerned **** bristol sport we were here before you and I'm sure we will be here after you as well .

Edited by Lennieb

5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

You are Lansdownes 🐍 snake. Sussed out by the regulars on here.

And you are quite bitter and angry in so many of your posts.

If you find this so incredibly upsetting I just find it odd that you have managed  just 235 posts on OTIB since you joined 13 years ago in 2012 and most of your posts being in the non football forum.

Just in case you missed it- Nigel Pearson hasn't been the only contentious issue since 2012 .

I mean ... how about O Driscoll or McInnes or even Holden and my goodness you missed a belter with Lee Johnson whilst the amazing and brilliant Steve Cotterill was worth 235 posts alone.

Sorry- but it's all a bit weird from you..... IMO of course. 

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

While waiting to see if this is true and knowing little about JE I had a little look around.

First thing I stumbled across was ironic…..Birmingham City have released a lengthy statement to their supporters explaining their decisions for sacking manager John Eustace.

He will celebrate his 44th birthday on 3 November.

As a central midfielder he played for Coventry City , Dundee United, Middlesborough, Stoke City, Hereford, Watford and Derby County.

After two-year managerial reign at Kidderminster Harriers (including two play-off campaigns) https://youtu.be/3jt5LzxLzQQ?si=odStzlbajAZ_xeAy he moved to QPR where he was Steve McClaren’s assistant. The currently empty managers seat at Loftus Road has fueled speculation he might be heading back there.

He left QPR when Beale took over, at the time QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “John has been the ultimate professional from the moment he joined us four years ago. He has a fantastic attitude and is an incredibly hard-working individual.”

He succeeded Lee Bowyer as head coach of  Birmingham City in July 2022. His first managerial role in the football league, he signed a three-year contract.

On 9 October 2023, he was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches.

Some have pointed out that Eustace overachieved with Blues in the previous campaign, recoding their best Championship finish since 2016 although they had been tipped for relegation, but he kept them up with relative ease, and built a decent team despite so many off-field issues. He certainly started this season well and worked with many young players at Brum.

The only reason he was sacked by brum was because he didn’t fit there agenda of a showbiz hi profile manager , simple as that 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Still completely baffled by the half a dozen or so posters who have joined OTIB in the last two days & are suddenly complete experts on us & the rest of the Championship.

Am I the only one?

A appear to struggle with spelling and punctuation. Now, if anyone has looked through old Brian’s Twitter, they’ll realise…

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And you are quite bitter and angry in so many of your posts.

If you find this so incredibly upsetting I just find it odd that you have managed  just 235 posts on OTIB since you joined 13 years ago in 2012 and most of your posts being in the non football forum.

Just in case you missed it- Nigel Pearson hasn't been the only contentious issue since 2012 .

I mean ... how about O Driscoll or McInnes or even Holden and my goodness you missed a belter with Lee Johnson whilst the amazing and brilliant Steve Cotterill was worth 235 posts alone.

Sorry- but it's all a bit weird from you..... IMO of course. 

You really are so so odd the way you always go through the history of posters to make your arguments.  It’s just weird. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

It would be ironic for Eustace to come in now and reap the benefits of players coming back from injury and getting us in the top 6 and the playoffs at the end of the season 

If he doesn’t then I fear the Lansdowns and BT will be getting pelters 😄

And deservedly so. I so hope the crowd on Saturday steps up to the mark. We WANT Lansdown OUT. All ******* game.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Will we? 

I'll be behind the football team. He'd need to win me around on his own merits and not look to take credit for the work Nige has done here. 

IF it is Eustace, in my mind there is always going to be the suspicion that he was part of the process that saw Nige kicked out of the door.

You think? why would he do that and in what way was he to partly be blamed for Nige's sacking?

Would you think that for any appointment?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

True.. treated like shit by the brummie BCFC only to be treated same or worse but us!

So Bristol City treat their Managers same or worse  than Birmingham??????

Over the same period we have employed Johnson, Holden and Nige.

Johnson being the longest serving in the championship at the time of sacking, Nige the second longest so I guess Deano may have a reason to feel aggrieved.

Just take a look at the patience/support  of Birmingham City:

Gianfranco Zola Italian 14 December 2016 17 April 2017 24 2 8 14 8.3    
Harry Redknapp English 18 April 2017 16 September 2017[53] 13 4 1 8 30.8    
Lee Carsley  Irish 16 September 2017[53] 1 October 2017 3 1 1 1 33.3   [n]
Steve Cotterill English 2 October 2017 3 March 2018[55] 27 7 5 15 25.9   [n]
Garry Monk English 5 March 2018 18 June 2019 59 19 20 20 32.2    
Pep Clotet Spanish 20 June 2019 8 July 2020 47 13 15 19 27.7   [f]
  • English
  • English
9 July 2020 30 July 2020 4 0 1 3 0.0    
Aitor Karanka Spanish 31 July 2020 16 March 2021 38 8 11 19 21.1    
Lee Bowyer P English 16 March 2021 2 July 2022 59 17 16 26 28.8    
John Eustace English 3 July 2022 9 October 2023[91] 63 21 16 26 33.3    
Wayne Rooney
  • Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is a fair amount of chat about Eustace and the job he did at Brum in “difficult” circumstances. 

Here’s some context. He spent more than Pearson has. 

Last season, supposedly under some sort of embargo, he was able to sign 2 youngsters from Prem clubs for around £2m, 2 experienced prem players on frees and then add a further 6 prem loans - and they don’t come cheap! 

This summer, he’s been allowed to spend around £5m or so on 4 players from Prem clubs plus signings from Germany and Belgium. He also added Bielek from Derby on a free and then further supplemented with 4 more loans (again, they don’t come cheap). 

So, he’s spent more than Nige was given over the last 2 summers and also made 11 loan signings (we are apparently against these!) and also a couple of good pickups from Europe (again we don’t like to do this any more). 

So, given that we don’t have any budget, and if we did, we don’t tend to sign loans, don’t tend to dip into the European market and also don’t tend to look at Prem youngsters since our Chelsea experiences of a few season past, I wonder what his remit is going to be? 

In summary, Eustace finished below us last season and was only a couple of points better off this season, having spent more money and relied on a shed full of loanees. 

Whilst we are saying we are recruiting to a certain style, and the boss must fit this, his 15 months in management seem to suggest he’ll be after something completely different to what we’re saying we’ll give him. 

Harry, have you not watched Tins' interview? Recruitment isn't necessary when whenever you need a player, there will be someone in the Academy who has been playing "our way" for 3 years already. It's genius and definitely not gonna fail.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

I joined here in 2004 and I’d be very happy with a John Eustace appointment, best of the available bunch for me. Got a bit sick of Pearsons’ hoof ball towards the end.  Cheers.

19 years...and that's your contribution?   Looking forward to your in depth review of our attempt to sneak into the playoffs come the 2042-43 season?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Harry, have you not watched Tins' interview? Recruitment isn't necessary when whenever you need a player, there will be someone in the Academy who has been playing "our way" for 3 years already. It's genius and definitely not gonna fail.

Cant wait to see this 25to 30 goal striker 😄wheres is he Tins ?

Edited by Cityboy1954

I have been a city fan since early 1970’s and this is by far the worst time to be a supporter. Got a fantasist owner, nowhere to be heard, his son as chairboy who hasn’t an effing clue about anything in the real world let alone anything football and then a clown who used to hit a few nice balls with his left foot that is now the DOF or whatever name he wants to call himself! Got rid of the best manager we could possibly hope to get us to the premiership. It’s all an absolute joke.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- it's weird how I make facts get in the way of a suspect narrative.

You're next Len- it's halloween after all . Trick or treat?

A forum is based upon opinions.   Opinions can change - especially over 13 years!

Youve done it to me a few times and plenty of others already, hence my comment but continue to go through my history all you like of that’s how you get your kicks! Your last sentence says it all. Weird….. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

Yeah Birmingham have made a loss of £24-25m last year. Terrible owners yes but their wage bill didn't come down that much at all.

Plus all the PL loanees that @Harry rightly mentioned, it's via HKSE. 

I think the finishing 17th thing wasn't wildly outstanding or anything. I did read a stay they gave academy products more gametime than anyone but that sounds questionable.