IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

But let's be honest, Cotts refusal to move away from that system cost him his job. We were going down under Cotts and with that system.

Of course but Cotts innovated slightly before Wilder albeit Wilder did it at a higher level etc.

I wonder...Maguire and Gray added, and a much happier Cotts might things have pushed on better here under him with that shape. That aside, Cotts like NP is someone who doesn't really get the wider credit or breaks in football that they merit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Former assistant?

29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whose the options:

Paul Simpson (Carlisle Manager)

Keith Downing (Available post Birmingham)

Jamie McAllister (Available post Hibs)

John Pemberton (Available post Chesterfield)

Tony Docherty (Dundee Manager)

We've tried and failed with:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've checked a few clubs.

Now he had the 5th or 6th highest wage bill in the League that season Leicester ran away with the title.

A good chunk of the net spend came under Sven in 2011-12. NP rejoined Leicester in late 2011 so disregard to some extent the summer 2011 activity. Start with Winter 2012 on drop-down menu then go from there.

QPR had a much higher wage bill.

Higher too at Blackburn, Bolton, Reading, Wigan. Possibly Nottingham Forest, hard to say having looked that year.

Their wage bill will include promotion bonuses of £9-10m..underlying £26-27m.

I got the wrong dates as am at work. He didn’t spend the money. My point was he inherited a top championship squad off a big spend. He did take it to the next level so fair enough. He just wasn’t one to come in and work on a small budget like he has to here.

Not convinced he would have got it done here and that is why we played, imo, percentage football. Asking smaller forwards to bump CBs in the air to win throw ins in their half and channel balls not to get on the end of but to pressure opposition to put it out of play for long throws and corners which are probably accounting for close to half our goals this season. 

He wasn’t for me and done nothing to convince me otherwise. His biggest pros were slashing the wage bill and playing youth which would have had to be done by Pep, NP or Gary Johnson. The culture and fitness were minimal impacts imo. He leaves the squad with multiple injuries hanging over the club. Culturally never gonna change with SL. So what has he actually brought to BCFC in his time? Again younger and cheaper squad was the remit for anyone. If you want to say he was doing everything possible to keep this club afloat, I can buy into it a bit. I fear relegation with the next appointment because this is not a top 6 side. I just think NP ceiling was lower top half of table to midtable(10-15th). With change comes a strong possibility of failure but also a small chance of something great which is the way I am choosing to look at it. I want to go to AG and get off my seat for a good press and some nice football. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We cannot afford them - what do you think a Prem loan costs? Millions, that's what.

These days we're shopping for players in Carlisle, Oxford and Luton - with wages to match. So that's where the next manager will come from too - cos he knows that market and is used to budget constraints. Unlike Lampard.

Other clubs seem to do it!!!

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

I was going to say I’m in utter disbelief that they sacked Pearson ( someone doing a good job ) without anyone lined up.  Then I thought actually it’s no surprise at all with the morons running this club. Atleast Birmingham had a plan. However stupid said plan was. 

This is what annoys me most.

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

Now that is a depressing list 😒

It's interesting how the odds get so short on relatively little money for those who aren't even under consideration.  I'm considering putting a tenner on Delia Smith to see if she gets in the betting odds.  Mind you, I think I'd have preferred her rather than Frank Lampard with her half-time motivational skills.

2 minutes ago, CyderHead92 said:

The name wade elliott is jumping out at me. I hope I’m wrong btw

Elliot joined Cheltenham Town as a coach in September 2020.[35] Elliott was promoted to the role of head coach in June 2022 following the departure of Michael Duff.[36] Following a difficult start to the 2023–24 season that saw his side pick up just one point from eight league matches without scoring, he departed the club on 20 September 2023.

2 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Lee Carsley 28/1 with Sky Bet. Unless I missed it he wasn't on the list yesterday, which suggests someone requested a price. Bit out of nowhere.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Bet that was @petehinton!

Come onnnnnnnnn

Requested that about 5 days ago, I’d moved on to about 3 different managers since then. But I’m back again now. 

All aboard the Carsley train!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

30 odd years ago we tried and failed with Jimmy Lumsden!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

It's interesting how the odds get so short on relatively little money for those who aren't even under consideration.  I'm considering putting a tenner on Delia Smith to see if she gets in the betting odds.  Mind you, I think I'd have preferred her rather than Frank Lampard with her half-time motivational skills.

Fat blokes would be holding up signs begging for Delias cream buns.

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Don’t know anything on this but think Rosenior possibly. Doing well at Hull and played with Tinnion, winning the LDV Trophy. 

You said it, doing well at Hull.

Can't see him making a sideways move and can't see City paying compo which could reach seven figures.

31 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

If it's one of these and/or Wade, I think that would be it for me.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Fleming until the end of the season 😂

That actually is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility, in my opinion (and no, I don't know anything, apart from the relevant history that we're all aware of). Nor am I advocating it, thought the one redeeming aspect would be that it might provide some continuity and help preserve at least a little of the culture instilled by Pearson, which would be a small consolation.

• Like 2

Rosenior got backed reasonably well at Hull too.

Kean Lewis Potter sale plus years of austerity and an ambitious new owner helped to give them a platform.

Here while elements of FFP imposing conditions, £30-35m fees in, about £6-7m spent. Plus wage bill declining vs surely rising at Hull under their  new owner.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Wade Elliott is my thinking. Fits the Head Coach box, available immediately box and known entity box with Tins.

Uninspiring but a typical SL appointment imo

I know our board ****** up sacking pearson - but i dont think there that stupid...

Surely?

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

That actually is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility, in my opinion (and no, I don't know anything, apart from the relevant history that we're all aware of). Nor am I advocating it, thought the one redeeming aspect would be that it might provide some continuity and help preserve at least a little of the culture instilled by Pearson, which would be a small consolation.

But would it not be Pearson by proxy? Not that that would necessarily be a bad arrangement, it's highly likely that Curtis is probably in regular contact with Nige. 

On 01/11/2023 at 12:40, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's only page 2.

Surely it takes at least 16 to find out he's not even being considered?

But plenty of time for more outrage about a new manager we won't end up with.

And it took 26.

And plenty of outrage. 

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce

48 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

Mark Robins, Liam Rosenior, Luke Williams, The City Cat

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

But would it not be Pearson by proxy? Not that that would necessarily be a bad arrangement, it's highly likely that Curtis is probably in regular contact with Nige. 

As far as I'm concerned, that would be an argument in favour of appointing him, rather than a reason not to, though as I already said, I'm not actually advocating it.  

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

As far as I'm concerned, that would be an argument in favour of appointing him, rather than a reason not to, though as I already said, I'm not actually advocating it.  

I'm not sure any of us know what we are advocating any more and that includes the owner and his associates 😄

• Haha 1