IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In a job. By coincidence I was with Koln and Dortmund fans today who had flown over for the game. They loved Bristol and our cyder and IPAs. Got a bit of info on the guy we're interested in.

I should say I still think we'll make a domestic appt.

Only two days ago you said it was someone who had previously worked for City. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Tbf Fabian Hurzeler is probably one of the most exciting young managers in Europe right now, top of 2.bundesliga, undefeated this season, 67 points from his first 29 games. Sounds like an intelligent choice, so I can’t see JL appointing him.

Nice George! Think that's the first time I've seen a poster reply to their own post.

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In a job. By coincidence I was with Koln and Dortmund fans today who had flown over for the game. They loved Bristol and our cyder and IPAs. Got a bit of info on the guy we're interested in.

I should say I still think we'll make a domestic appt.

We are going to be massively underwhelmed arnt we?

5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Only two days ago you said it was someone who had previously worked for City. 

He didn’t say that person was the one getting the job. He said that person had applied. There are a few names that will have been considered. The ex-City person is one that 100% applied. 
I think we’ve been mulling over 2 options. One being Manning, the other being this German. 

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

He knows **** all 

I’d politely disagree. 
I think Kid is much more informed than you think. Certainly, he hasn’t fallen for the Lampard ruse……. 

• Like 4

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Whats with all the blueballing @Kid in the Riot/@Harry ? Share with the class.

Nothing to hide boss. 
I think it’s either Manning or the German. I don’t know who the German is (kid does but he won’t even tell me, he’s very good at keeping his sources protected). 
There was an ex city player who applied but I don’t think he came into of consideration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry said:

Nothing to hide boss. 
I think it’s either Manning or the German. I don’t know who the German is (kid does but he won’t even tell me, he’s very good at keeping his sources protected). 
There was an ex city player who applied but I don’t think he came into of consideration. 

WTF does blueballing mean??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing to hide boss. 

Manning said he’s heard nothing about the job or from the club after the game v Maidenhead today. Not doubting your knowledge but why would he say that? Trying to keep things under wraps or…

Just now, George Rs said:

Manning said he’s heard nothing about the job or from the club after the game v Maidenhead today. Not doubting your knowledge but why would he say that? Trying to keep things under wraps or…

Have you ever heard a manager in a post-match press conference say “yes, I’m talking to another club”? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't google it fellas

Ok got it. 
I don’t think it’ll replace the New Jersey Italian mafiosi phrase “quit bustin’ my balls”. But if I hear Joe Pesci say “quit blueballing me” in the next Scorcese masterpiece then I’m down wid it. 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m amazed how few people know what blueballing/blue balls are. Thought it was a common phrase honestly!

Got to caveat it with the age differential on OTIB, some of these poor saps are popping corks if they manage to switch the PC on in the morning

• Haha 2

On 03/11/2023 at 21:30, Taunton_BCFC said:

Latest from me…

talks went well with agent. Frank himself met with the club today! 

I can’t say if Frank will get the job or not (not my decision) but he has definitely had talks…

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

18 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Been told FL and his agent were between AG and HPC throughout yesterday so the twitter spot rumours add up. Keep on eye on the Lansdown stand today people ;)

george costanza wink GIF

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’ll cut you a deal. If we end up with less points than last season, I’ll change my username to “TheLansdownApologist”.

If we end up with more points, you have to change yours to “I’mdownwithJonLansdown”

Deal? 

I realise that this has nothing to do with me but surely if there was any ‘deal’ to be brokered between you two it should be based on whether we get promoted this season or not… that’s JL’ s fanciful objective for this term isn’t it? Last seasons points tally seem irrelevant..

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Strap yourselves in, there's another 5 weeks of constructive and meaningful discussions to be had before appointing Curtis Fleming or Cisse ( whichever is the cheaper option & whoever rocks the boat the least)

I thought Curtis interviewed well after the game yesterday. I would rather he got the job than, say, Nathan Jones for example. 

• Like 6

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Think it's time to move on now the damage has been done woth the last regime, probably better to start fresh

I know you are right. Seeing him interview so well just made me angry all over again. It wasn’t just Nige we lost, but a bunch of really good people. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I know you are right. Seeing him interview so well just made me angry all over again. It wasn’t just Nige we lost, but a bunch of really good people. 

Sounds like we will know who our new HC is tomorrow……I for one, hope there’s still a role for Curtis to play although, I somewhat doubt it!

He’s well regarded by the players and that could help us in the short-medium term.

Question is…..would he want to stay, now that this “mates” and people he respects (Nige, DR and JE) have all left? I doubt it….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Sounds like we will know who our new HC is tomorrow……I for one, hope there’s still a role for Curtis to play although, I somewhat doubt it!

He’s well regarded by the players and that could help us in the short-medium term.

Question is…..would he want to stay, now that this “mates” and people he respects (Nige, DR and JE) have all left? I doubt it….

Think you will find Fleming may already be gone 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

If that’s the case it has to be a coach out of a job. As if we’d approached someone at a club that club would of announced we’ve given “whoever” permission to speak with BCFC 

Clubs don’t have to announce they’ve given permission 

47 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well, he did say "let see what tonight and tomorrow brings" after the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is some movement on a new HC tomorrow.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

To lead someone on or tease them with the promise of something desirable without actually delivering it, causing them to feel frustrated and unsatisfied. 

This ^ is the Steve Lansdown era Bristol City, isn't it? Steve's inadvertent "philosophy," and ultimate legacy. How many Championship seasons is it now?

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Sounds like we will know who our new HC is tomorrow……

Very unlikely now 

54 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Clubs don’t have to announce they’ve given permission 

Certainly not in a local radio interview 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

At best he'll be gone after QPR 

Was a very tell interview on Thursday 

For anyone having Sunday lunch in a Bristol hotel today, keep your eyes open 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very unlikely now 

Certainly not in a local radio interview 

At best he'll be gone after QPR 

Was a very tell interview on Thursday 

For anyone having Sunday lunch in a Bristol hotel today, keep your eyes open 

Right, Frank Lampard is having a Sunday roast at royal Marriott, and the club are filming it and editing the footage in the lounge Monday. Got it.  

I never want this managerial search to end in a way. The eagerness for people to ‘break’ who it is & when itll be announced is brilliant stuff 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It’s about progress isn’t it. Do I think we will get promoted, maybe not. Do I think we can progress, yes, and that’s what it’s all about. I’m happy to take 8th and above. ⬆️ 

With all the vitriol that @steviestevieneville writes about the Lansdowns, that’s a fair bet? 

It was indeed 

Absolute bollocks. It’s not vitriol at all. I’ve always praised his financial input especial the infrastructure . My problem is his football decisions which is 100% justified . So get your facts straight before you tag me into anything 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Is it just clubs whose value could be affected on the stock market if a key employee was to leave? Which presumably oxford united isnt??

If it’s a PLC then yes maybe. But i doubt we’d be taking a manager off of a club that big 

40 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Right, Frank Lampard is having a Sunday roast at royal Marriott, and the club are filming it and editing the footage in the lounge Monday. Got it.  

I never want this managerial search to end in a way. The eagerness for people to ‘break’ who it is & when itll be announced is brilliant stuff 🤣🤣

Oh Pete, you really had me going there,  thought you'd cracked it!

I read it over and over again until it suddenly dawned on me....

At that time they would have still been serving breakfast....

Also it's the Marriott Royal, not the Royal Marriott...

Sorry mate, great try.

Mind you, with the quality of people currently running the club maybe the pictures of Frank eating Sunday lunch were taken LAST WEEK...

Now there's a thought....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

Very relaxed thank you . I just don’t put up with bullshit 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Well, maybe you should get your facts right before saying I’m a Landsdown apologist you absolute hypocrite before chucking your unwanted opinion in. At least have the balls to stand by yours opinion calling someone else out. 

Now who needs to relax . Do you or do you not make excuses for the lansdowns ? How am I being a hypocrite in saying that? Unwanted opinion 😂 you’re on a open forum ffs . If you don’t like it put me on ignore 

Edited by steviestevieneville

44 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh Pete, you really had me going there,  thought you'd cracked it!

I read it over and over again until it suddenly dawned on me....

At that time they would have still been serving breakfast....

Also it's the Marriott Royal, not the Royal Marriott...

Sorry mate, great try.

Mind you, with the quality of people currently running the club maybe the pictures of Frank eating Sunday lunch were taken LAST WEEK...

Now there's a thought....

Someone is gonna book the Four Seasons aren’t they!

13 hours ago, italian dave said:

And a reasoned response, thanks.

I don’t share the anger, even if there’s lots about the decision that puzzles me, and lots about the way the club’s being run right now that frustrates me. But I have been angry about things in the past, and you make a good case for why you’re angry.

I suppose that after years of frustration (more pre-Lansdown than since to be honest) I’ve come to the conclusion that the the best approach is the theory (it’s probably got a name!) that it’s more productive to focus on the things you can control, or that you can influence. Rather than on the things you have no control or influence over. And that getting angry over things you’ve got no control over rarely delivers anything but more frustration!

I understand that you and I and everyone on here all support the club. And I understand the argument for the long term future of the club being better served by another owner. But whether or when that happens is entirely outside our control and getting angry about it won’t change that. Whereas, in the meantime, what we can influence/control is the support we give to the new manager, whoever it is, and to the players, whichever regime they’re associated with, 

Thanks, and yes, this is true.

In fact, the main mantra that I endeavour to live my life by, which is not so much to do with 'anger' (because that always subsides eventually), but more to do 'worry' (which is a far greater threat to wellbeing), is that I always try not to fret about things that I can't do anything about. 

Of course, in this instance, the one thing that I can control is whether I give the Lansdowns another penny of my money.

And I will not.

Ever again.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

To any of the moderators on here. It seems there is a poster replying to my posts that I’ve put on ignore. Is it possible for them not to see my posts as I don’t want contact from him. I’ve tried to DM him but he’s too cowardly to receive them . Thank you 

There is a problem with this facility as it is an unsupported add on and not actually part of the build anymore. 

This is controlled by the Web hosts and out of our hands, but the wheels are in motion with invision to raise our issue

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

To any of the moderators on here. It seems there is a poster replying to my posts that I’ve put on ignore. Is it possible for them not to see my posts as I don’t want contact from him. I’ve tried to DM him but he’s too cowardly to receive them . Thank you 

Best way to sort this out is to get a room together, order a couple of club sandwiches with a few beers from room service, and have a good long heart to heart to try and resolve your differences.

If this doesn't work you can then proceed to kick the sh!t out of each other.

That should do it. 

Edited by 42nite
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

No, I do not always make excuses for the Lansdowns, please see my post below from a few days ago, although, sometimes opinions do change. I won't expect an apology. 

"In solidarity with my fellow fans, I find myself echoing a sentiment that resonates deeply within our community. We owe an immeasurable debt of gratitude to Steve and Jon for the transformation they’ve brought to our beloved club, catapulting our infrastructure into the modern era. Steve, in his tenure, has displayed undeniable commitment, albeit with a few missteps that we can’t ignore. Yet, there’s a perceptible shift in their involvement – a disinterest that’s mirrored by their recent reluctance to invest in the team.

What profoundly troubles me is the extent to which the ambitions of our club’s devoted 23,000 attendees, and the many thousands more around the globe, hinge on the owners’ engagement. When they show signs of apathy, it inevitably ripples through the entire fan base.

Picture, if you will, a scenario where your boss seems disengaged from the company’s goals. The message this conveys is one of indifference, a sentiment we cannot afford. What’s even more disconcerting is the apparent breakdown in communication. Over the past two months, Nigel Pearson and Kalas have publicly highlighted the lack of dialogue within the club. To reiterate – two key figures within our club are left in the dark, and our manager has had to take the extraordinary step of addressing this publicly. It’s a situation that’s difficult to fathom.

In light of these developments, it seems prudent to consider the idea of transitioning the ownership of our club. Perhaps it’s time to seek new custodians who possess the enthusiasm and energy needed to rekindle our club’s ambitions and drive it to new heights. The future of Bristol City deserves a fresh and invigorating perspective, one that matches the dedication of the fans who hold it dear."

I called you a apologist on the back of a few posts.  If I’m incorrect then I apologise .