IGNORED

Players to be informed tomorrow l

BCFC31

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

The one name I haven’t seen mentioned to much is Scott Parker….

Can’t see a Scott Parker for one second working under the current setup..

I think Tinnions interview pretty much ruled out a number of candidates purely on the fact that the setup here isn’t going to be to the liking of managers who have player or managed at a higher level.

I genuinely believe it is going to be someone from the lower leagues who will see this as a big opportunity and will tow the line. Can’t see it going any other way to be honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redfest said:

Hospitality season ticket holders got an email saying the exec lounge by the boxes (which they can use on non match days)  is being used for filming on Monday morning so they won't be able to use it. Nobody knows what is being filmed, we can only guess but staff suggested yesterday that they couldn't say what it was. 

Not even a joke or trying to poke the bear, but just drove past about 4 filming vans/buses on new Charlotte st with people loading out cameras and mics etc, and a lot of people stood around being pointed into position.

Not out the question that the lounge is being used for some scene / filming in an itv/bbc/Netflix series thingy. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

At this stage anything is possible.  Some people are even suggesting our next manager might even be AI

You’re right. It’s me.

Steve and me have agreed to let bygones be bygones. I had to promise never to mention our other business meetings or saying nasty about him, Jon or Brian.

He’s promised me all of the sale proceeds from the sale of the Two As and on that basis I was prepared to accept his very generous offer.

Toby will be my assistant.

Oh hang on. You meant A I. Not Al…..

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Alan Irbishley?

Apparently he’s been remotely checking out properties in Clifton on RightMove.

image.thumb.jpeg.a64ee1d20088f1c61cfacc3624a7bfa0.jpeg

As for Colin, I appreciate he would be the worst tasting Marmite ever for fans but if you want a manager who has had even more success and experience at this level than Nige, he’s your only man. Look at the job he did at Huddersfield last season keeping them up, when they looked dead and buried, plus look how they have done since he has left.

It won’t happen though!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not even a joke or trying to poke the bear, but just drove past about 4 filming vans/buses on new Charlotte st with people loading out cameras and mics etc, and a lot of people stood around being pointed into position.

Not out the question that the lounge is being used for some scene / filming in an itv/bbc/Netflix series thingy. 

They're filming around Bristol  for a programme called 'Surviving Earth', they were filming at Barista Coffee shop today and a supermarket tomorrow.

I know this as my wife has recently taken over the Seven Stars pub and they were using it as a green room this morning.

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

This is Steve Lansdown's Bristol City, there won't be any informing of the players tomorrow because our main targets probably told us to do one and now we're scrambling around for anyone who would put up with the restrictions they've put in place.

All this talk of different managers and it's still probably going to be Manning.

I'm super pessimistic after Tinnion, Millen and Holden appointments and can't see any out of the box type coaches coming here.

You serious? errr  a certain Nigel Pearson was appointed I believe.

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I have heard today the players will find out who the new head coach  is tomorrow, weather an announcement will follow in the media or not I'm unsure but it certainly looks like its extremely close 👍

Did you here this off the blokes on the train that said James will be out for 4-6 weeks 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I’ll be completely honest - I just can’t take the Americans seriously 

Anyone who played the sport in a way where penalty shoot outs started with a run from the half way line - is not good enough to manage our club 😅

Listening to yanks talk about soccer doesn’t do it for me either 

15 minutes ago, DaveF said:

They're filming around Bristol  for a programme called 'Surviving Earth', they were filming at Barista Coffee shop today and a supermarket tomorrow.

I know this as my wife has recently taken over the Seven Stars pub and they were using it as a green room this morning.

Nice little boozer, free beer for Dave then 😍🍺

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Red Ferret said:

Need some OTIB people to hang around at Bristol Airport to stalk the incoming flights from Germany, as is tradition 

Not arriving via the airport, jumping out of a plane over Ashton Court, being picked up there. All kindly thanks to Leeds United who have provided some of their parachute payments.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’d still think there would be some leaked news , wouldn’t you ? 

I’d see it as more likely than not that there would be but I don’t think it impossible we are negotiating with a club in a country with a much less active sports media than the UK.

All that said, I’d expect a name to leak tonight if we are appointing tomorrow.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not necessarily if it was a club outside the UK…

Well, Will Still is cheering Reims on from the stand (sent off last week) as they've gone 1-0 away to Nantes .
Guess we can rule him out ?

:yes:

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Well, Will Still is cheering Reims on from the stand (sent off last week) as they've gone 1-0 away to Nantes .
Guess we can rule him out ?

:yes:

Watch him at the full time whistle. If he claps towards the fans even once then he is 100% leaving and coming to Ashton Gate. 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

I'm an extra on that Tuesday 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Did you here this off the blokes on the train that said James will be out for 4-6 weeks 👀

I dont get involved with silly pub  chitchat and silly rumours. Neither would I post something like that on a platform like this unless it was directly from an official source.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Allegedly taking an enforced break due to something he said on non football chat but maybe for entirely other reasons. I hope he's back before too long.

Ah fair enough. Yeah, certainly a duller place without him 😅

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Not arriving via the airport, jumping out of a plane over Ashton Court, being picked up there. All kindly thanks to Leeds United who have provided some of their parachute payments.

His landing now, disguised as the late Queen. 

IMG_5064.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

OK so this is all starting to check out.

- Clearly plans being made for tomorrow

- Fleming released last night according to credible sources on the other thread.

- Lampard had a meeting cancelled and no further contact (according to claims by a poster who appears credible)

So do we actually have any idea who it is?

If Curtis was sacked last night after the match( which in itself would seem odd) then it must be the first time that an acting caretaker manager has been dismissed and then gagged from any personal announcement.

There is absolutely no hard evidence whatsoever that FL had an interview and that it was cancelled. I'd have thought that Frank would keep that quiet!

Surely the appointment of a new Manager is not something that they or the board just happen to discuss with a mate who then discusses it with a mate who then posts it on here?

Unless, ofcourse, Wagatha Christie is involved and it's all an elaborate sting operation and part of Jon's cunning plan?

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would be very happy with this (if true) - probably up there as the best we could’ve hoped for, without the club having any eye overseas

From the person I know (not connected to City I hasten to add), it's been someone we've courted for some time. 

His win % is high. His teams play attacking and pressing football and he is well respected within the game for his approach to youth development.

Just because it's not a 'name' it surprises me how some on here have debated and reacted to him as a choice. 

He's very much of the McKenna mould from Ipswich, and I think he's a great choice personally. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1