IGNORED

First impressions post Nige

Randy Marsh II

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

You reckon we played well?

41 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

worst football we’ve played in 18 months.  

You are such a silly pants!

Nowhere have I said we played well , average or bad.

If you think today was the worst football we've played in 18 months then I suspect you haven't gone to any matches.

You should try it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You are such a silly pants!

Nowhere have I said we played well , average or bad.

If you think today was the worst football we've played in 18 months then I suspect you haven't gone to any matches.

You should try it.

Yeah you’re right mate,  not been to a game.

You get a taxi or walk to Lancaster Gate today?

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Agreed. But we know that statement for what it it is/was. I've been quite clear on what I believe happened and it's pointless for anyone ( not aimed at you) to forever state that anyone at BCFC genuinely believed that the squad as it is , is promotion material. Jon told a corporate lie and Nigel got sacked for other reasons. End of. It's just a case that, unlike the majority on here- I don't care and largely agree with the sacking but just not the timing.

I agree that the reasons for the departure have been suspect. However, I think you’re being to kind to Jon & Brian. 
I genuinely believe that they genuinely think this squad is good enough. And that’s a huge concern for me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I agree that the reasons for the departure have been suspect. However, I think you’re being to kind to Jon & Brian. 
I genuinely believe that they genuinely think this squad is good enough. And that’s a huge concern for me. 

Yep - you may be right and that would be worrying indeed. I maintain that they used that statement as an excuse and they think no such thing. Time will tell as will any transfer budget.

59 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Classic.

Deluded, wrong and bitter but classic.

My favourite post of the day.

You are the ‘Matt Smith is awful’ guy - so if anyone is going to be the authority on criticising posters for making a potentially OTT hasty judgement then it’s fitting it should be you. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I do too.

In real simplicity I see the Champ in groups.  It’s not equal groups, but there is a middling group that’s quite large.  And I think they think that with the wind behind, clutch in we could finish at the top of that group, and that might be enough to sneak in.  And they think a new manager / head-coach can do that.  They might be right, but over the past couple of season we’ve rarely achieved a block of 6 games at top-six level, let alone sustain it for 12, 20 or 46 games.

I they call me Spreadsheet Boy for a reason! 😉

image.thumb.png.e2a781d918d7c0c482015c9fee2534bb.png

But look at how few times we’ve averaged 10 or more points in a 6-game block - very few, and then only for a short period.  Over the last 15 years the average points for top 6 is 73.8 which is 9.63 points per 6 match run….hence why I said 10 or more, 9 isn’t enough!

To base a promotion season on the evidence leaves two answers:

• delusion
  • Nige has underperformed

if you correlate those peaks to availability, you can see why they (the hierarchy) might think that it’s just a simple case of keeping players fit.  But the infrequency of those good runs should be considered against the troughs too.

They believe it’s underperformance.  They believe it’s medical.  For me it was our fitness that was one of the few positives today.

• Like 4

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

You are the ‘Matt Smith is awful’ guy - so if anyone is going to be the authority on criticising posters for making a potentially OTT hasty judgement then it’s fitting it should be you. 

Take a look in the classics thread.

I came to that conclusion after 4 matches of him being awful ( NOT ONE). I was subsequently proved wrong and have always been happy to admit and self deprecating.

Funny you don't mention stuff like Bobby Reid  who I got spot on when he was dust binned by most on here. Or Wes Burns.

Or maybe - Mark Ashton who may be personally painful to you.

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

As a high percentage will , I agree with you , but I thought the other point you’ve made is actually more the important one

The fact that it’s been made absolutely clear that basically they headhunted Liam Manning because he ticked every box , and some in respect of our Club plan with regards to principles of play , profile of player , recruitment / budget strategy , and projected plan

A precise , targeted coach , to fit our jigsaw and , by their , theory claim , one that merely needed to continue the job , adding qualities , they have decided , will move us forward along the same plan

No rewriting a plan , clearing the squad or mass recruitment required , just tweaks and increase in ultimate product 

More importantly for me than final league position, ( It’s IMHO totally unfair to expect any coach , LM or anyone to get us top six this season, I didn’t expect NP too * and I don’t expect that of Manning)

* Not expected but ‘possible’ if a few had 9/10 seasons , with someone like TC hitting the net from every angle etc 

I think we will see in coming months whether there is , or at least signs of , those coaching qualities with this (Incl any January changes) 

We should as a minimum ,be expecting stability , no large spree of offloading , and spending , and looking for a gradual improvement in terms of performances and outcomes (I think it’s unfair on any coach to expect a extreme rise in performance and results quickly - it does happen but still rare quickly)

IMHO Pearson , with sensible backing would have continued to build and improve us , maybe not as quickly as some would crave , but moving forward all the same

So that’s my judgement line for Manning , and in particular The owners and Brian Tinnion

This is somebody we’ve headhunted to take us to ‘the next level’, to do better than that or ‘better than NP’

When you look at Father and Son owner , Gavin Marshall , Brian Tinnion ......., it doesn’t take too long to reasonably conclude who the person was to suggest and fuel the idea and plan for the pursuit of that said coach  

There’s no hiding here 

Lets see

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6
  • Flames 3

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Take a look in the classics thread.

I came to that conclusion after 4 matches of him being awful ( NOT ONE). I was subsequently proved wrong and have always been happy to admit and self deprecating.

Funny you don't mention stuff like Bobby Reid  who I got spot on when he was dust binned by most on here. Or Wes Burns.

Or maybe - Mark Ashton who may be personally painful to you.

?

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The fact that it’s been made absolutely clear that basically they headhunted Liam Manning because he ticked every box , and some in respect of our Club plan with regards to principles of play , profile of player , recruitment / budget strategy , and projected plan

A precise , targeted coach , to fit our jigsaw and , by their , theory claim , one that merely needed to continue the job , adding qualities , they have decided , will move us forward along the same plan

No rewriting a plan , clearing the squad or mass recruitment required , just tweaks and increase in ultimate product 

This is it in a nutshell.  It’s what I’ve been saying all week.  Tins repeated this pre-match on BBCRB (not sure when it was recorded or whether live).

If they do throw money at it in January, it’s almost like admitting they got it wrong.

Please don’t let it be deja vu.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

This is it in a nutshell.  It’s what I’ve been saying all week.  Tins repeated this pre-match on BBCRB (not sure when it was recorded or whether live).

If they do throw money at it in January, it’s almost like admitting they got it wrong.

Please don’t let it be deja vu.

Ta Dave , will try and catch it on catch

I hope fans don’t turn on LM if we don’t look like making top 6 - we all know that’s unfair , and , because of the anger , may be the case

League position in less you are 1-6 or , god forbid , bottom three doesn’t do much for me 16th , 10th , 8th , whatever , some will say it shows if we are getting better , and of course it’s a potential measure but I’ll remain consistent as I am with all coaches / managers is are their clear signs that they are building / improving , at whatever pace

Even the NP critics cannot have any argument , that what he has left , and what we have here is a , mid tablish squad with potential , if firing , and reasonable injury situation , to push top half and even on a roll , threaten top 6

In theory a better actual coach should be able to take us upwards

As I said in the week , he will also need to retain at least, the team and squad ethic , spirit , discipline , work ethic,  etc that has been created,

If not January I can see the nest egg appearing in the summer , which will not only prevent any comparative judgement,  it will merely and severely increase the heat on Liam Manning , Tinnion , and particularly the Lansdowns 

If they do , it had better go really well , or the recent weeks I’d say , will seem a mere ripple

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

I just wish the idiot club just hadn't made that top 6 comment, they've made a rod for their own back there and put unnecessary pressure on Manning and given easy ammo to his detractors.

Generally I see managers as earning their keep if they're getting the squad performing at or preferably above their expected level - so our side (hah!), a top 6 side finishing in the top 6 is just par, it's not even impressive... it's expected. That's clearly pretty ridiculous as we all know, but that's what they've laid out. I feel for the bloke.

Wasn't going to take much away from this game but he's clearly got his work cut out - but it'll be evolution rather than revolution and compromises will have to be made on the playing style he wants I suspect.

The performance was poor but it's still an away point and could have been much worse. In the circumstance it was a bit of a banana skin game if anything... nobody would have been impressed if we won, disaster if we lost.

A couple of weeks now to get some of his processes and behaviours in place. Fingers crossed!

if they had just come out and said NP did a good job in stabilising the club during a difficult time and although there have been improvements we just want to go in a different direction then i'd have understood.

To come out and say they believe the squad is good enough to get promoted is unbelievable, we all know this side isn't as good as that. I can imagine they said that to NP and he told them we have no ******* chance especially after selling Scott.

I think the hierarchy did not like the fact NP was a realist compared to their utter delusions.

1 minute ago, Cristored said:

Recent weeks have been a mere ripple tbf, both Wednesday and today very little to suggest otherwise, just handful of fans on a forum.

Yes looking at Jon in his media stuff , Tinnions body language and persona ...... it’s been a mere ripple   NOT

I am in no doubt that they will have an idea of the overwhelming view , and certainly some of the stuff they undoubtedly see or get on other platforms.

Hopefully we won’t have to test it , but fast forward 18 months , we’ve spent , results aren’t good , we are staring at L1 or at least sliding towards there ....... I’d say there may be somewhat of a bigger ripple....maybe a really big one

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Cristored said:

I think probably 20 sides in the division have a squad good enough for promotion - doesn’t mean it will happen though, I think Pearson gave the green light to too many poor transfers 

We don't have anything up front to go up. Not many teams get promoted from this league without a goalscorer who can score a minimum of 18 goals. 

I think inside the club the likes of BT rate the academy players higher than they actually are because Scott, Kelly and Semenyo were good players. We are pinning our hopes of Conway, Bell, Cornick and an old Wells to score our goals and to me it is one of the weakest attacks in the League. This is why we are nowhere near good enough to go up.

After the Scott sale there should have been money spent in this direction if within the club they were serious about promotion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cristored said:

Purse strings will have been released long before then. 

Back the wrong horse (Coach) * and that won’t save you

Im not suggesting Manning is , or isn’t the right , or a right , coach to take us forward , I have a gut feeling but we will all eventually find out

Theyve rolled the dice and done so in the way they have acted ,and what they’ve done 

In Pontoon Nigel was a , a pair of 9s , a steady 18

They , are claiming that their headhunt will mean improved results and route to promotion whilst following the plan that NP was working with , the Club plan

They want 21 and have twisted

Will be interesting if you are still around for the long haul if things don’t go as well as you  predict

There will be some interesting posts and posters to reflect on , as the next few months churn by and we start to see the outcome

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

Just now, Cristored said:

All you have to do is see Wells and Cornick goal scoring record to see that he wasn’t.

I am on about the whole squad. Cornick has never been a prolific goalscorer at this level and Wells is getting on. Conway and Bell right now are simply not ready to be firing us to promotion.

If you look at the history of sides who go up from this League it is the goalscorers who generally make all the difference. We fall way short of that.

We could of signed Toney for 10 million 4 years ago but the Lansdowns don't understand that you have to spend big on a Striker if you want to achieve Promotion. I wish we had gone in for a Striker of that potential ilk after Scott was sold in the Summer. How we miss Semenyo too..

7 minutes ago, Cristored said:

I don’t think they can expect LM to make real progress without bringing in players he wants - they might say the opposite but don’t believe it for a second, football doesn’t work that way.

In line with NPs spending yes ?

Following the Club plan yes....

Lets see

Edited by Sheltons Army

18 minutes ago, 2015 said:

if they had just come out and said NP did a good job in stabilising the club during a difficult time and although there have been improvements we just want to go in a different direction then i'd have understood.

To come out and say they believe the squad is good enough to get promoted is unbelievable, we all know this side isn't as good as that. I can imagine they said that to NP and he told them we have no ******* chance especially after selling Scott.

I think the hierarchy did not like the fact NP was a realist compared to their utter delusions.

Your first paragraph is exactly what JL did say in his interview though.

6 minutes ago, Cristored said:

I don’t think they can expect LM to make real progress without bringing in players he wants - they might say the opposite but don’t believe it for a second, football doesn’t work that way.

Well, they’ve said there’s no money in January. And they’ve said they expect to push for promotion this season. 

So I’d say yes, they really do expect him to wave a magic wand and turn the exact same group of players into top 6 contenders. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

As I said in MDT, play like that against Boro and it’ll turn sour very quickly. That was really, really bad.

If anyone was of the opinion that Pearson not being a ‘touchline manager’ made Any difference during games, case in point it makes no difference whatsoever. I’ve no idea why we try to play through & not over first half, they had a very high line and we had pace on the wings. 

Southampton away after Boro too, talk about baptism of fire.  

JL & Tinnion currently writing up their narrative for back tracking re: this not being a top 6 squad. 

How about we review this after those games - when the manager have had time to even learn the players names.?!

JL said, very clearly, that the lack of coaching and preparation was stopping us from being top 6. 

JL and Tinnion sought change. They will need to own what they have done. 

Manning has a big 2 weeks, and he has a great history of getting really strong results from his teams. Manning is not the issue,

BTW. It would also be expected, with a top 6 squad, that he will improve rapidly what is going on after this International break. He does not have the injury disaster we recently saw, so he will have a strong squad to work with. (Top 6, as JL said. IMHO more like the top 13) . Manning has a good group of fit and able players to use. It will take him some time, but you have to expect he will drive the team to a top 6. He has done that before, and JL said we have a top 6 squad and a top 10 wage bill. We must never forget that. 

I would put money, and a big bet, on Lansdown following his behaviour with Lee J. When questioned, he will spend millions trying to justify his decision. So Manning just needs to get to Jan, and then the Lansdowns will spend millions on him. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

It is fascinating but also speaks volumes of how the vast majority of fans understood and remained patient with the slow but deliberate progress that Pearson delivered. Only Vyner remained in the starting 11 that kicked off both Pearson's and Mannings first game, testimony to the loss of too many overpaid under performing  players brought in at a huge cost. What we have at the moment is a mixed bag of quality but very much lacking in creativity and leadership. Compare our squad to every other team in this league and it is difficult to side with the perspective of J.L.& B.T .

Manning will need time and I think fans will appreciate that more than the architects of his arrival.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

JL said, very clearly, that the lack of coaching and preparation was stopping us from being top 6. 

JL and Tinnion sought change. They will need to own what they have done. 

Manning has a big 2 weeks, and he has a great history of getting really strong results from his teams. Manning is not the issue,

BTW. It would also be expected, with a top 6 squad, that he will improve rapidly what is going on after this International break. He does not have the injury disaster we recently saw, so he will have a strong squad to work with. (Top 6, as JL said. IMHO more like the top 13) . Manning has a good group of fit and able players to use. It will take him some time, but you have to expect he will drive the team to a top 6. He has done that before, and JL said we have a top 6 squad and a top 10 wage bill. We must never forget that. 

I would put money, and a big bet, on Lansdown following his behaviour with Lee J. When questioned, he will spend millions trying to justify his decision. So Manning just needs to get to Jan, and then the Lansdowns will spend millions on him. 

I’ve posted elsewhere , (Not sure about Jan) that if and when they break open the nest egg for LM , that may be their cunning plan , but it’s actually going to bring a significant load in heat and expectation both on LM and massively on them 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

No Terry I haven’t . I’m not a idiot like your good self 

You don't know me to call me an idiot Tony.

Due to your attention seeking, we all know you Tony. 

The majority of our fan base have heard you on the radio and we all think you are a bumbling fool who has a limited footballing knowledge and you flip flop from one position to the next, to the extreme.

Also let's not forget the extremely dodgy stuff you post on Twitter...

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You don't know me to call me an idiot Tony.

Due to your attention seeking, we all know you Tony. 

The majority of our fan base have heard you on the radio and we all think you are a bumbling fool who has a limited footballing knowledge and you flip flop from one position to the next, to the extreme.

Also let's not forget the extremely dodgy stuff you post on Twitter...

You do realise that in reality I’m not Tony Wilkins & I get plenty of dm’s laughing at you behind your back don’t you Terry . You’ve become  a bloody laughing stock mucker 😂😂😂😭🤪🤪🤪

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You do realise that in reality I’m not Tony Wilkins & I get plenty of dm’s laughing at you behind your back don’t you Terry . You’ve become  a bloody laughing stock mucker 😂😂😂😭🤪🤪🤪

Of course you're not and of course you do. 

You're going to the extremes that you're so well known for again Tone...

How does it feel to have an entire family base laugh at your every appearance on the radio? 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

22 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Of course you're not and of course you do. 

You're going to the extremes that you're so well known for again Tone...

How does it feel to have an entire family base laugh at your every appearance on the radio? 

I wouldn’t know Terry . As I’ve said . You just keep embarrassing yourself boy . My DM’s confirms what plenty think of you 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

also you don’t deny you’re Terry ? I know the Terry I’m on about . 

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I wouldn’t know Terry . As I’ve said . You just keep embarrassing yourself boy . My DM’s confirms what plenty think of you 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

also you don’t deny you’re Terry ? I know the Terry I’m on about . 

You're also known for fabricating things Tony, just like you are here. 

Who the f is Terry? I've exposed who you are and you're trying to divert attention from that. 

Why don't you use your real alias Tony? 

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’ve posted elsewhere , (Not sure about Jan) that if and when they break open the nest egg for LM , that may be their cunning plan , but it’s actually going to bring a significant load in heat and expectation both on LM and massively on them 

The problem with the potential “new plan” (code name - nest egg)  if this is indeed what will happen, is chucking money at it isn’t the right approach.  Skilled recruitment is the right approach.  Burt and Cotterill, Pearson and Walsh for City, Harford, Chapple and Socik for Luton.

Ours has improved, but we’ve sacked the bloke setting the requirements.  We need Manning to be as clear, but in being clear he has to 1) know the levels needed himself and 2) be confident that the recruitment team understand him.  It took Nige a while to get the current recruitment team to understand what he was after.  And we all know even then not every transfer will be a success.

JL and Tins have been very clear on what has happened, why it happened and what happens next.  I think the fans will be ready to take them to task for any deviation inside 8 weeks of them handpicking their new head-coach.  They will be breaking a very fragile trust if they do.

I’m hoping Manning can prove his worth on the training ground first.  I think he might be better working with what he’s got.  Not saying one or two shouldn’t be brought in, I thought Nige needed this too…but I think it would be the wrong approach to try to overhaul in January.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

The problem with the potential “new plan” (code name - nest egg)  if this is indeed what will happen, is chucking money at it isn’t the right approach.  Skilled recruitment is the right approach.  Burt and Cotterill, Pearson and Walsh for City, Harford, Chapple and Socik for Luton.

Ours has improved, but we’ve sacked the bloke setting the requirements.  We need Manning to be as clear, but in being clear he has to 1) know the levels needed himself and 2) be confident that the recruitment team understand him.  It took Nige a while to get the current recruitment team to understand what he was after.  And we all know even then not every transfer will be a success.

JL and Tins have been very clear on what has happened, why it happened and what happens next.  I think the fans will be ready to take them to task for any deviation inside 8 weeks of them handpicking their new head-coach.  They will be breaking a very fragile trust if they do.

I’m hoping Manning can prove his worth on the training ground first.  I think he might be better working with what he’s got.  Not saying one or two shouldn’t be brought in, I thought Nige needed this too…but I think it would be the wrong approach to try to overhaul in January.

Agree with all Dave

Particularly the last para

• Thanks 1

First of all Pearson should still be here 100% 

BUT

The over reaction on here on todays performance is pathetic. The blokes had 3 days. People need to get a grip. 

I liked Nige, but let’s not pretend the football was fantastic under him, in his last few games, we was abysmal at Rotherham Just got lucky with 2 wonder goals and again Coventry home game was awful to watch aswel.
 Yes he should not of been sacked, but the way people are talking it’s like he left us 10 points clear with entertaining football, week in week out. 

It might work out with Manning or it might be a disaster but we need to get behind him and not judge him on an away game (which we didn’t even lose!) after just 2 days training. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harry said:

And that’s not Manning’s fault. He has his style of play, we recruited him, but we don’t have the players that suit him. We have runners, tryers, grafters, but not much ball quality. 
Good luck Liam……. 

So we’re back to square one? New man comes in and wants to change it.

Where is the supposedly continuity in that?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Far too early to assess. Manning had the team for 2 or 3 days training. In my opinion to be making judgements at this stage is a waste of time. Manning needs time and some support in the transfer window. I hope he gets both.

He doesn’t need a transfer window, we have a top 6 squad.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Exactly.

I genuinely had never heard of Liam Manning until he appeared in the "possibles" list- way below everyone else. 

I want to give him a reasonable and genuine chance and will utterly support him. I think he's taken over a relatively ok situation and  he does need some time to sort everything out - just not another 3 seasons!

A relatively ok situation? Think it’s lots better than that ! Players hopefully returning from injury sat just outside the playoffs and when Pearson was cast aside 2 games against teams in the relegation places ! 
whilst I fully agree you can’t judge the new manager on 3 training sessions and one game, the choice of Manning after the sacking of Pearson must leave you baffled ? 
Again I hope to be proved wrong but I think Pearson had the measure of Tinnion didn’t let him or Junior interfere and now he’s paid the price.

• Like 1

We were the same at Sheffield Wednesday we just got lucky with a Dickie goal. We don't have the players unfortunately that have enough quality to put their foot on the ball and relax in possession. The quality of passes and decision making is poor. It's rushed and and it's been like that for a while now.

That could easily of been a team under Nigel so no reflection of Manning. The question is was Nige getting the players to play to their best or can Manning squeeze more over time. If JL/BT think we've got a competent squad to compete and it was just the person leading them holding them back I reckon they are in for a rude awakening. Most fans can tell you that we need quality additions with or without returning injured players.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Well 3 Championship clubs have made an unnecessary manager change this season and so far it's not working out too well for Birmingham or Huddersfield! Let's see how it's looking in a few months time... 

This would be my biggest concern for the rest of this season. Owners thinking that they know better than managers and coaches on how to run a football team. Nige and Colin may be quite different characters but they clearly had experience and success at this level, and had man management skills that meant they could get the most from a group of players.

The Birmingham situation is one that we most don’t want to follow. Birmingham under Eustace were all over us earlier this season and deserved to win. Birmingham under Rooney are awful. Same players but just assuming that a new coach can come in and do better, when the former has built up a rapport and trust with the players, is just nonsense.

Like many on here, I have little confidence in the ownership of the club when it comes to footballing matters. And I have a bad feeling that our new “Head Coach” may quickly be out of his depth at this level, especially if he only has one way of wanting a team to play. Either that or the nest egg will need to be cracked open wide, which completely undermines everything Nige did in reining in the spending.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

We were the same at Sheffield Wednesday we just got lucky with a Dickie goal. We don't have the players unfortunately that have enough quality to put their foot on the ball and relax in possession. The quality of passes and decision making is poor. It's rushed and and it's been like that for a while now.

That could easily of been a team under Nigel so no reflection of Manning. The question is was Nige getting the players to play to their best or can Manning squeeze more over time. If JL/BT think we've got a competent squad to compete and it was just the person leading them holding them back I reckon they are in for a rude awakening. Most fans can tell you that we need quality additions with or without returning injured players.

Exactly the point I made in the OP, the thread has inevitably but not wrongly drifted. 

This is all on Tinnion and the owners. Change was not needed. Pearson, with some additions post Scott, was our best chance of progressing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Rightly or wrongly it’s looking pretty clear that the Honeymoon period afforded by the fans will be extremely short given the nature of Mannings appointment. Could get messy very quickly with our next 3 games being Middlesbrough, Southampton and Norwich ! If he comes out of that sequence in one piece he’d have done well . 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Rightly or wrongly it’s looking pretty clear that the Honeymoon period afforded by the fans will be extremely short given the nature of Mannings appointment. Could get messy very quickly with our next 3 games being Middlesbrough, Southampton and Norwich ! If he comes out of that sequence in one piece he’d have done well . 

But anger shouldn't be directed at him. It must be directed at the chumps in charge who caused this. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

But anger shouldn't be directed at him. It must be directed at the chumps in charge who caused this. 

I agree and would feel for him ! But if the next 3 games go badly , the atmosphere will turn toxic very quickly and he’ll feel every bit of it whichever direction it’s aimed at .  Birmingham made a very similar decision and the Blues fans have turned on Rooney already . Will be no different here if our form mirrors theirs . 

• Like 2