IGNORED

Chris Hogg on Sound of The City 6:15pm today (13/11/23)

Sleepy1968

24 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If I had to take a wild guess - I would say bottom half. Maybe 12th to 16th but that’s because I think our players will struggle to adapt to his methods 

Firstly, ta.

Secondly, interesting view, because he’s been chosen to be able to do exactly what you worry he won’t be able to do.  Not that it matters, because that’s your view…Tins and JL are the ones who are confident.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, ta.

Secondly, interesting view, because he’s been chosen to be able to do exactly what you worry he won’t be able to do.  Not that it matters, because that’s your view…Tins and JL are the ones who are confident.

I can understand people who are concerned he won’t be a success - but there are people who have already decided he won’t be 

People have come to this decision because they are blinkered by their views of JL and the way Pearson has been treated 

Draw a line under the plebs above - and let’s get behind the new bloke 

…..and if we are not top by Boxing Day. We can call for him to be sacked 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

However during interview you'd expect that they said go him "our objective is to challange for promotion with the squad we have got because we think it is good enough, do you think you can deliver that objective? And if so, how? 

So you'd imagine he would have said yes. He's signed up to that objective. So why shouldn't he be judged on it?

it depends what they told him in the interview…management have been known to be economical with the truth…if JL & BT truly believe that the squad are much better than they really are, that's not LM's fault.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CityReds said:

There’s obviously way more to NP leaving than just results than we will ever know but I think it’s clear that the board, with what’s been put in since last Jan didn’t see the upturn they were expecting. He’s done great things but bottom line the results weren’t there.

The team looked a bit lost because they were playing a brand new system they’d never played before and nothing but time with them will speed that up. 

Tough run into Christmas and I think we can’t expect too much before then.

I expect every game from now on to be a success. what is this ridiculous nonsense? Nige had us a few points off the playoffs with a huge injury crisis, with multiple players on the bench who had never played a league game in their lives. Despite the issue claimed of detraining, suddenly we have many first-team players back available. Mannnng has the tools He has to deliver now, not tomorrow. That is what the board demanded, why on earth are people changing the target? We changed, because we, well two people said we could be better. Now, not tomorrow.  

Manning has to get a promotion this year or he is a failure. He will be fired in the summer if he has not delivered. Lansdown and Tinnion set the rules. They fired all of the coaching team and the main medical man. They stated the reasons, but some people are now questioning that. They run the club, not the fans, they stated they feel promotion with the current squad is the aim. Manning needs to deliver. Zero excuses. 

I would have fired Tinnion, Lansdown, Gilesphy and all of Bristol Sport before Pearson, but my solution to getting to the Prem is very different to those amateurs. Interestingly, that solution may even have included someone like Manning. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The board will find some excuse. If we finish 20th they will keep faith out of stubbornness, 3.5 years was crazy for a manager looking to prove himself. We only gave Nige a short term and Holden too initially. 

Very good point - Yet another sign of the Lansdowns flip flopping and inconsistently

The new 4 year (?) contract for LJ when we were in the midst of a horrific run , and when he clearly wasn’t any form of answer was the absolute beauty for me.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The board will find some excuse. If we finish 20th they will keep faith out of stubbornness, 3.5 years was crazy for a manager looking to prove himself. We only gave Nige a short term and Holden too initially. 

Seems like there was a fear he’d go somewhere else so they jumped in first and signed him for as long as possible. That’s an expensive mistake financially if it doesn’t work out. 

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hierarchy have made a bit of a rod for their own back but injuries permitting, 7th-10th coupled with a genuine play-off push would still represent some progress.

Expenditure in Janaury and pressure will rise further.

Agree with this, but not sure what else they could have said.  Perhaps a bit naive in not realising that some of things they said would be carved onto tablets of stone, never forgotten and taken absolutely literally by some fans.  Can you imagine what the reaction would have been had they sacked NP and then said "progress was too slow, the football wasn't great, so something needed to change. We're kind of hoping that Liam will do a bit better than Nigel and perhaps get us into the top half this season", which may be closer to what they really believe 😱

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Agree with this, but not sure what else they could have said.  Perhaps a bit naive in not realising that some of things they said would be carved onto tablets of stone, never forgotten and taken absolutely literally by some fans.  Can you imagine what the reaction would have been had they sacked NP and then said "progress was too slow, the football wasn't great, so something needed to change. We're kind of hoping that Liam will do a bit better than Nigel and perhaps get us into the top half this season", which may be closer to what they really believe 😱

Were that the gist of the remit should NP have stayed/been kept on?

We were a bit starved of resources post Scott, then injuries struck. Unsure we have finished top half since 2018-19. 64 pts which was the baseline of the position he inherited (1.4 PPG) generally gets 10th-12th in recent years.