IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s a poor start by Manning that’s for sure. 5 points in six games isn’t good enough and he needs to turn this form round sharpish. People (well many) can accept a few months tinkering with the style of play but if we lose half our games in that time that won’t wash. My concern is he’s throwing the baby out with the bath water and relegation form (that doesn’t mean I think we’ll get relegated btw) in his first six games is not what anyone was hoping for.

This is what can happen when you try and fix something that wasn’t broken in the first place. Meanwhile Jon and that slippery, slimy sidekick of his Sid won’t be seen for a while now. Over to you Liam……….

We certainly weren’t hoping for it,  but certainly were fearing it.

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I know you are trying to give more credit to City, but if Blackburn won 69% then City only won 31%

Yeh… that’s what the hmmmm at the end of the post signifies. They weren’t my stats. I may have a shit A-level in Maths, but I’m not that shit! 😂

1 minute ago, Wrongagain said:

I’d like to know why free kicks and throws from centre of pitch invariably go back into defence? Is it because we are so bad on the ball? James could perhaps answer best!

We had a promising attack that got to the edge of their box, first half, and ended up back at Max !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westonred said:

You have to blame Manning for his team selection and tactics tonight we know Joe Williams hasnt got the legs to play two games in a week so to drop the player of the month TGH is crazy . Bell has been poor for months and doesnt deserve a start on current form and Conway cannot play up top on his own.. Its time for Cornick to start at least he wins the ball in the air and can hold the ball up

Sorry but whatever the problem, Cornick is not the answer. Granted he makes a nuisance of himself, but that's about it. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are we analysing League and Cup or.

We also remember that he had players who ended up down the line in Court from a drunken night out early in his reign, he inherited a true shambles.

I’m glad you mentioned this Mr P . I was thinking about this earlier…. The man who created the sh1t show that GJ walked into has had a big hand in where we currently find ourselves and everything that’s happened lately.

this club really is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Brum sacked a manager who was doing well against the fans wishes and look where they are now.

Seems the same is happening to us.

What is Mannings performance since taking over? D W L D L L if I'm not mistaken.  Hardly the new manager bounce the board may have been hoping for.

The worrying thing is that since his appointment, not only are we not winning games but our performances seem considerably worse.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Congratulations. A great night for you.

I may be wrong and please correct me if I’m wrong 

But wasn’t it you , particularly during NPs time , that stated , more than once, that no City fan wants to see us lose ?

As an aside ,to clarify , are you now saying that some do ?

Ignoring all the blaming , shaming and point scoring and just looking at the football.

We have been in every game and you could argue we could have got a few more points from the last few games. Today I would question that 2nd pair of subs , but Knight and Sykes had put a lot in recently and didn't get a break during the Internationals. Even then I would have tried to keep Sykes on as he's our main threat.

In each game, individual errors and missed chance have cost us. Yes I know that's part of the game , but we should have scored more and those chance were at good times in the games. Tonight I thought we played some decent football at times, but when you see a short corner routine pass so bad it forces Mehmeti ten yards back it has nothing to do with coaching or tactics . 
I do worry how we struggle with basic long balls through our defence again though.

We need to start taking chances , goals change games is a cliche because it's true .Even tonight ,we had 3 good chances at 2-1 . IMO we have to find a place for TGH , I think Cornick deserves a start even though I thought TC was better tonight .  

I don't see us getting anything from Saturday , but who knows .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

City proved that they can play good, attacking football, but why wait until you're 2-0 down? 

So much better in that last half hour and we probably deserved a draw, but those two soft goals cost us.

I hope that the Sykes and Knight substitutions were for tiredness, because they looked our best players. Yeboah is too raw and offered little, Mehmeti did grow into the game, but we lost our edge despite some presentable chances.

Frustrating, but there's some green shoots.

Yes there are some green shoots. However we have regressed in lots of areas and that's concerning. 

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I may be wrong and please correct me if I’m wrong 

But wasn’t it you , particularly during NPs time , that stated , more than once, that no City fan wants to see us lose ?

As an aside ,to clarify , are you now saying that some do ?

To clarify- I said "no TRUE city fan wants us to lose.

Happy to help.

Personally I think we are 3-4 players short of this kind of system working. 

A left footed left winger, attacking midfielder, a goalkeeper and potentially a striker but that’s probably the lowest on the list with wells coming back (and hopefully the other 3 will contribute to better chances being created for our current strikers.) 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Lets play with some confidence on Saturday from the start and we might even win!

Seriously though, if we took our chances we draw the game. Scoring goals is a big issue.

Lets get behind the lads Saturday.

Oh, and Mehmeti likely to start, after slowly re-discovering his mojo. Keep it up Anis and prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Biggest disappointment for me is that we only started playing with any real intensity and bravery at 2-0 down. First half trying to keep possession we kept giving it away a passing back to Max to hoof aimlessly to give it away.

We started playing at a tempo that gave Blackburn more problems once we had no choice to throw off the shackles and go for it. We then started to look good and looked like we might scrape the draw.

I maintain if we want to play the patient build up stuff, all very well but we needed up the tempo and take some risks first half. Seriously need for at least a couple or three key/good recruits to bolster this team and getting our injured players back in January.

Worry for me is that if we don’t get a couple of wins very soon we could easily get dragged into the bottom part of the table. Actually think we’ve got enough to keep clear, but we can’t carry on playing for parts of games. Losing by the odd goal and playing half decent is still losing whatever. Big, big performance and more importantly result needed against Sunderland (beat Leeds 1-0 tonight) to go into the Xmas period more confidence and take some pressure off the team and manager.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Personally I think we are 3-4 players short of this kind of system working. 

A left footed left winger, attacking midfielder, a goalkeeper and potentially a striker but that’s probably the lowest on the list with wells coming back (and hopefully the other 3 will contribute to better chances being created for our current strikers.) 

It is a flawed system, why should we set up this way, when we lack a true RWB, a 3rd ball carrying CB for 2.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Help some more. Which posters want us to lose?

What was the poll result? 90% of us or so?

Just for the record, I’m jeffin miserable as I want Manning to be a success, and I think in time he could be….. but I also thought Nige should have stayed. I’m not sure where I fit on MRR’s true fan scale.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

I know you like checking things out so where is my shit losing?

No it's not there .i know don't attack the poster but your a *****.

Blimey- seems like you have hit on a theme tonight.

Trouble is- You're  unable to put a grammatical sentence together. 

When you attend school tomorrow, pay extra attention in your  English lesson.

Happy to help.

For me the team that was on the pitch at 60 minutes should have been the team that started.  Too much rotation at the moment is disrupting our cohesion. In isolation we look really good but in the majority quite poor.  Manning, like any other manager who could have come in is going to need a couple of windows to make his mark but I can’t fathom some of the team selections presently. 

• Like 2

If people keep telling themselves ‘the football is better in places’ I’m sure it’ll come true eventually.

But it isn't. It’s crap.

I liked having a style of play that suited our squad rather than one that doesn’t make use of their strengths and exposes their weaknesses. 

Got rid or a pragmatic manager that knew how to get the best out of his players for one that wants to coach out of the textbook. 

Oh and by they way, I’m certain other teams allow their most dangerous attacking player to play 90 minutes rather than dragging him off every single game.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry but whatever the problem, Cornick is not the answer. Granted he makes a nuisance of himself, but that's about it. 

If I had a choice on current form (at least 6 weeks) I'd choose Cornick over Sam Bell any day of the week. Not sure what position is Sam's best. Not a winger, not a CF and currently it's like playing with 10 men.

1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

If I had a choice on current form (at least 6 weeks) I'd choose Cornick over Sam Bell any day of the week. Not sure what position is Sam's best. Not a winger, not a CF and currently it's like playing with 10 men.

Up top for a team up the downs. Tanner to join him aswell

Edited by Finley_Smith10

We’re playing better football without doubt  but in spells and look really good , but we are just not converting chances , no matter how well we play in games we are simply not picking up points , I hate cliches but here’s one 

losing becomes a habit in any team game , I fear we have got into that habit let’s hope it doesn’t become an addiction 

we are very quickly eating up the points to the bottom 3 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Happy to help.

Your post makes me think of this quote from Abraham Lincoln:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Oh and by they way, I’m certain other teams allow their most dangerous attacking player to play 90 minutes rather than dragging him off every single game.

Or in the case of TGH, don't even start him. Guy scores a worldie, is MOTM and hasn’t started a game since. WTAF????

• Like 2

For 58 minutes we were absolutely dreadful. Robins TV comms was actually interesting for once with Kal and Nakhi really struggling to understand the long balls down the centre and the lack of movement and leadership. 

The last half hour was pretty decent and if we had an in form striker to aim for we might have nicked a point. Finally there was passing and moving and Mehmeti had a little more joy than usual. 

Needs to be much better than that in the future though. 

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Happy to help.

OK that's nice.Last interaction with you. My English maybe not the best but you will  still remain a *****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s too early to draw any conclusions about Manning but as I understand it, his philosophy is that we control the game and then create good chances. However our two goals from the last two away trips have come immediately after “events” (half time v Huddersfield and subs tonight). When we had control in both games for quite long periods it didn’t lead to a goal. Worryingly we have got 1 point from 2 games against two poor teams.

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If people keep telling themselves ‘the football is better in places’ I’m sure it’ll come true eventually.

But it isn't. It’s crap.

I liked having a style of play that suited our squad rather than one that doesn’t make use of their strengths and exposes their weaknesses. 

Got rid or a pragmatic manager that knew how to get the best out of his players for one that wants to coach out of the textbook. 

I personally do think the football is better but like you say it doesn’t suit the players we have , if he wants to play his style he needs players that can play it , managers buy certain players to play certain styles manning is trying to play his style with players that were bought / coached a different style by Pearson 

Just now, hollydog said:

It’s too early to draw any conclusions about Manning but as I understand it, his philosophy is that we control the game and then create good chances. However our two goals from the last two away trips have come immediately after “events” (half time v Huddersfield and subs tonight). When we had control in both games for quite long periods it didn’t lead to a goal. Worryingly we have got 1 point from 2 games against two poor teams.

You could equally say that if we'd have controlled some of that first half we might not have been losing 2-0. It was a game where we needed more possession but didn't get it til it was too late, and actually in the last half hour we were only a lucky bounce of the ball away from equalising.

• Confused 1

I actually think that first 50 miniutes was the most concerning since LM has been here. In previous games I could see what he was trying to do so could understand that it may take time. But that first half we didn’t look to pass and move at all. 
Like Naismith and Wells, I was perplexed watching it. 
Obviously improved massively but that’s too late at 2-0 down.

Strange. 

• Like 1