IGNORED

A message to the fanbase

Sheltons Army

You’re not making an unreasonable point, but better made once the anger has died down.

No amount of protesting will bring NP back, and I suspect he would not want to.

I think that LM is out of his depth and needs some support either from the fan base or a trusted contact. Maybe he’ll learn from the adversity and be a better manager in the long term.

he does sound a bit broken tonight.

Unless he’s not human he absolutely must be feeling the heat and pressure and the vibe

Hes been put in a ridiculous situation and look at his support network 

Crayon Boy , Tinnion , who visibly wobbles at the slightest bit of pressure and the bearded bloke in the suit

Jesus Wept - Good luck Liam

I can absolutely sense the fireball growing and I understand what you say about giving time , but I sense , as fans , we could accelerate it very very quickly , I sense starting Saturday , and to our cost.

Lansdown will keep his head down , Tinnion will wobble and do likewise , none of them are going anywhere - and the only ones really affected are Manning and the players and if it affects performances, which it will , us

Of course every individual has that choice , but as fans it’s definitely worth thinking about before Saturday 

• Like 2

I'm in the Heineken with the suits on Saturday, should be an interesting time if it goes pear shaped v Sunderland. 😞

COYR, well the team and coaches anyway. This isn't LM's fault tbh, what happened before he arrived was awfully handled but not down to LM.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

Im totally with you , and it’s probably the angriest I’ve sensed amongst a lot of us

But , but , but

All I’m saying is if that happens , and I guess I know I’m p****g in the wind , but we are ultimately going to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I think they should be reminded at every opportunity of what they did and how they did it , but away from those 90 odd mins at the bare minimum 

I can see the fans having a major influence on any unfolding , to , ultimately our own significant cost.

Tbf it’s a individual choice but I’d hope a few would at least think it through

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Im totally with you , and it’s probably the angriest I’ve sensed amongst a lot of us

But , but , but

All I’m saying is if that happens , and I guess I know I’m p****g in the wind , but we are ultimately going to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I think they should be reminded at every opportunity of what they did and how they did it , but away from those 90 odd mins at the bare minimum 

I can see the fans having a major influence on any unfolding , to , ultimately our own significant cost.

Hear hear. Get behind the lads, not their fault for all this and desperately need our support

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

But , but , but

I’m pretty sure there are thousands of fans who are so angry it’s already gone way past rational and considered support . It will kick off massively on Saturday if it goes badly and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning walk over the next couple of weeks . Not his fault ( entirely) but he should not be there. Much like the Chairman , he’s not qualified or experienced enough . 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I think that will fall on deaf ears. Saturday will be my first City game for over a year. I should be buzzing, but honestly I’m dreading it. There will be very little positive support for the team, just everyone waiting for us to slip up so they can vent their frustration.

Edited by Wanderingred

32 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I’m pretty sure there are thousands of fans who are so angry it’s already gone way past rational and considered support . It will kick off massively on Saturday if it goes badly and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning walk over the next couple of weeks . Not his fault ( entirely) but he should not be there. Much like the Chairman , he’s not qualified or experienced enough . 

To be fair there are losses and there are losses.

If we play our hearts out, battle, keep playing, keep trying and last minute unlucky deflection, wonder goal or dodgy decision or even If we battle with a harsh red card and lose 1-0 late on as the dam bursts the reaction may not be all that bad.

If we subside, we start slowly, are sloppy and lose convincingly then yeah it could go up.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

The fan base didn’t sign up to a mid season rebuild and a wasted season at best (hope you’re pleased with that, ST holders) or an avoidable relegation battle at worst. It will be very difficult to turn that around.

Again I totally agree , and with everyone who has posted but even as I read the forum tonight

Its absolutely clear to me that how fans choose to react from here on In , May well tip the balance , in terms of what happens right now , this season

I think player / team wise and still enough signs that we have enough to stay out of trouble

But I think right now the overall situation is fragile

I think the fans actually have our fate in their hands , or the vote that potentially tips the balance 

As fans keeping the toxicity away from players and performances could be vital 

Would fans feel actually any satisfaction if they’d helped push our Club into League one but at least , had let Crayon Boy or whoever what they thought each game 

I really don’t believe so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

You’re not making an unreasonable point, but better made once the anger has died down.

No amount of protesting will bring NP back, and I suspect he would not want to.

I think that LM is out of his depth and needs some support either from the fan base or a trusted contact. Maybe he’ll learn from the adversity and be a better manager in the long term.

he does sound a bit broken tonight.

The way were going he might need colin in for some advice how to keep teams up .

• Like 2

I am and still a huge Nige fan, however Manning and the team has my full support as they are not to blame for the anger and frustration we all have.

The Lansdown's and Tinnion, plus others who have overseen this shit show have everything they deserve in my opinion. I do fear for us if we don't start well Saturday.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am and still a huge Nige fan, however Manning and the team has my full support as they are not to blame for the anger and frustration we all have.

The Lansdown's and Tinnion, plus others who have overseen this shit show have everything they deserve in my opinion. I do fear for us if we don't start well Saturday.

I worry that LM doesn’t really have ‘a team’ per se. Lord knows how many combined appearances Nige, Curtis, and Jason had between them. Gnarly old pros the lot of them, a lot of footballing knowledge and nous and battle hardened scars. Not to mention the expertise of Dave R as well.

When the new gaffer looks around for seasoned support, which he will deffo need after nights like tonight, where on earth is it coming from?! I feel sorry for the dude, what has he let himself in for, I hope the move here wasn’t driven by his ego. We are all entitled to take unwise decisions in life. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Again I totally agree , and with everyone who has posted but even as I read the forum tonight

Its absolutely clear to me that how fans choose to react from here on In , May well tip the balance , in terms of what happens right now , this season

I think player / team wise and still enough signs that we have enough to stay out of trouble

But I think right now the overall situation is fragile

I think the fans actually have our fate in their hands , or the vote that potentially tips the balance 

As fans keeping the toxicity away from players and performances could be vital 

Would fans feel actually any satisfaction if they’d helped push our Club into League one but at least , had let Crayon Boy or whoever what they thought each game 

I really don’t believe so

I don't think its fair to have the Championship status of the club placed at the door of the fans.

Whether pro, anti or meh Pearson, the fans have been in the main very supportive, if somewhat placid, and that's down to the sterile stadium "vibe" and what's on offer on the pitch.

Lansdown, Tinnion and to a lesser extent Manning expect that to continue regardless of results because that makes like easier for them, and I don't subscribe to the "poor Liam" position, because I fully believe anyone taking his role would do full due dilligence, so tough tits if the squad isn't able to grasp your message it's what you're paid very well to manage.

The players may or may not like the new way of playing but they are pros and will do their best - whether that is good enough remains to be seen, but even the younger ones will know that bad outcomes result in negative fan reactions, which are seen every week worldwide.

I doubt the players will get a rough ride, but the fans should not be expected to act like lemmings as they didn't sign up for this.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I don't think its fair to have the Championship status of the club placed at the door of the fans.

Whether pro, anti or meh Pearson, the fans have been in the main very supportive, if somewhat placid, and that's down to the sterile stadium "vibe" and what's on offer on the pitch.

Lansdown, Tinnion and to a lesser extent Manning expect that to continue regardless of results because that makes like easier for them, and I don't subscribe to the "poor Liam" position, because I fully believe anyone taking his role would do full due dilligence, so tough tits if the squad isn't able to grasp your message it's what you're paid very well to manage.

The players may or may not like the new way of playing but they are pros and will do their best - whether that is good enough remains to be seen, but even the younger ones will know that bad outcomes result in negative fan reactions, which are seen every week worldwide.

I doubt the players will get a rough ride, but the fans should not be expected to act like lemmings as they didn't sign up for this.

I don’t either. I mean, the fans voiced their opinion about NIge being sacked and the club (allegedly) tried to manipulate that swell of opposition in the media with ‘bots’. The club lied and gaslighted the fans, treating them like overreacting children. They have no respect for the fans whatsoever. So what kind of effect are the fans going to have on the club at AG on Saturday? JL and co are going to call out the fans for being mean to LM? Ohh please!

I know it’s not LM’s fault but putting it all on the fans seems unfair. If there is a swell of anger or whatever it needs to be expressed towards the board, otherwise it will just lead to apathy etc. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

Lose Saturday and it’s 5 points out of 21, another defeat after that and the blokes job is on the line already. For me though it’s Sid who needs to walk. He told us that a specific style of football was sought but even when Manning turns this round (hopefully), we won’t be playing that style of football😂. Sid is not fit for purpose in the position he holds and must go. Director de Tecknique my arse……

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

Completely agree. 

The OP makes a reasonable point but if we play badly and draw or lose it will absolutely get toxic. It did at 2 - 2 against Boro and we’ve lost 3 times and drawn since then.

As before though I don’t think it will be aimed at Manning or the players. 

Conversely if we play well but narrowly lose or draw/win it should be OK. 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

It's about time our fans vocally voiced their anger towards the hierarchy of this club.

Will never happen. People blindly follow this club. Talk of the stadium erupting Saturday if a poor result happens is wishful thinking. You’ll hear a few moans and groans and that will be that. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

I walked away from the club when LJ was put in charge, 45 years of home and away travel.

i don’t regret it for a moment, the club couldn’t care less about the support they get, it’s all about the control those at the top have/want.

Obviously I still read the forum, I see how angry and frustrated everyone is, well, you have a choice, stop going like I did, you will start enjoying your football again.

There is plenty of football out there to watch and enjoy, I can vouch for that. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

Just now, Jose said:

Will never happen. People blindly follow this club. Talk of the stadium erupting Saturday if a poor result happens is wishful thinking. You’ll hear a few moans and groans and that will be that. 

Spot on, all bluster by angry people. Will be like a ******* morgue down there again on Saturday. More likely to hear Tins, what a Legend or Jon, lovely HPC you’ve built for us. History proves it.

Toxic, in Bristol😂

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

@Natchfever and @exAtyeoMax, I’m with you.

I get what @Sheltons Army is saying, and I don’t think any of us want it to go toxic on Saturday, but I think it has to come from the players. And the players have to get it from the head coach.

Of course it can work the other way around, but I don’t sense that will be the way it works this weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

If you care about our football Club , I think this is actually important , and time critical

I am and was a massive Nigel Pearson fan , and will always be appreciative of IMHO a magnificent job he did here when we needed it most

When he was dismissed in a cowardly way without a drop of recognition or appreciation , I thought there couldn’t be anyone angrier or more disgusted than I was , but there are many who are clearly as angry,  if not angrier - I’m actually quite shocked at the level and how widespread.

So like most , I got to a point where I couldn’t really care who they appointed , and I have to say I wasn’t wowed by their choice, and aim still have some major worries about the outcome , and one of them I have to say is the support and quality help around Liam Manning (As in the hierarchy and whole Club set up) , as much as Manning himself 

As a young coach , and pretty young man , Manning has been put under ridiculous pressure by their embarrassing interviews and the way they sacked Pearson

I said early that early results were vital for him to give himself some breathing space and take some heat off , whilst he tried to implement his ethos 

The results don’t look great and it’s not difficult to sense that if we were to go behind on Saturday then it will become very toxic , and however strong or self assured he might be , it’s going to be a very difficult and extremely testing time for Manning , and unless he has b**s of steel and nerves likewise , there is a real danger the heat will affect him , his beliefs , confidence , and the whole thing could go horribly wrong.

I have real fears about Saturday , and the forthcoming games and the influence supporters could have on what happens here , in terms of our season , and not in a good way.

This is surely a time , the very time , to keep any deep lying anger or negativity in a bag

Forget Lansdown , Tinnion , Manning , ......We need a few results , ultimately for us , you , me and every other red 

We could really shoot ourselves in the foot here , (I know many will say Lansdown and Tinnion have already done that)

Its not a call to arms , and roaring support , much more that a case of keeping anger away from match day

It’s not a dig at anyone or any assembly of posters , whose anger and p**** off levels I can fully understand

They aren’t going to be balling out on Liam Manning anytime soon so we have a choice .

We don’t have a choice of Head Coach but we do have a chance to turn toxic extreme , get behind as much as we can , but more importantly , bite the bullet on any anger and toxicity , although totally understandable , it’s ultimately going to backfire on us.

Time to take a deep breath on match days at least fellow reds  👍🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🔴⚪🔴

fwiw - I can see some positives , with some negatives , but that’s for another time

One things for sure if we have any chance under LM and to avoid any slide down the table we are asking a near impossible if the heat and toxicity increase.

After NP dug us out of an almighty hole , and a slide towards League One (God help us) it would be crazy if we , particularly the throngs us Nigel Pearson fans , actually contributed towards a fall

it would also help the whole thing if the obvious vocal Pro Manning supporters calmed down and stopped setting out to over egg LM and antagonise.

LM will prove himself , or otherwise  and fair play he’s going to need that steel 

🔴⚪🔴 COYR 🔴⚪🔴

I wouldn't worry too much. It will be like a vicarage tea party down there on Saturday, like it is every week, UNLESS we are getting absolutely played off the park, dicked and humiliated. If that happens then everyone in charge INCLUDING MANNING deserves everything they get at that point. But a very unlikely scenario.

Not only that both Jon and Sid KNOW it won't get "toxic" (what the actual ****, when has it ever got "toxic" down the Gate? It's bordering on comical to even suggest it!!).

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

They've made their bed

They've got to lie in it

I still feel numb, totally lost my City mojo

You're not alone there mate. I feel the same and likewise many other fans that I know. I keep seeing Liam on the sidelines and keep wondering where Nige and Flemming are, still feel sick about, I hate JL with a passion for this royal ruckup.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I walked away from the club when LJ was put in charge, 45 years of home and away travel.

i don’t regret it for a moment, the club couldn’t care less about the support they get, it’s all about the control those at the top have/want.

Obviously I still read the forum, I see how angry and frustrated everyone is, well, you have a choice, stop going like I did, you will start enjoying your football again.

I did the same after the SL "it's my club I will do what I want" speech when LJ was on one of his losing runs. I had a season ticket for 48 years from the age of 6. Went to most away games back in the day for best part of 20 years.

I too really enjoy the local non league football scene now where I know that my money is appreciated greatly. 

I may return to AG if and when the Lansdowns / Bristol Sport have gone but with each passing year it will get more difficult.

Still watch / listen to games when I can and City will always be in my blood but I will not return until they have gone. 

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I did the same after the SL "it's my club I will do what I want" speech when LJ was on one of his losing runs. I had a season ticket for 48 years from the age of 6. Went to most away games back in the day for best part of 20 years.

I too really enjoy the local non league football scene now where I know that my money is appreciated greatly. 

I may return to AG if and when the Lansdowns / Bristol Sport have gone but with each passing year it will get more difficult.

Still watch / listen to games when I can and City will always be in my blood but I will not return until they have gone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

Not an unfair point as mentioned before but what did Jon say.... "The fans will still be there"... 

Simple fact is if you're at the ground and cheering on the team you're doing exactly what Jon expects of you and your opinion means nothing to him. My concern is at what point do the fans finally manage to get it through to Jon that we're not happy because right now the fans are still there and it's business as usual for Jon, in his eyes there is no real backlash over the changes because the fans are still doing what he wants. 

It's a lose lose situation for the fans, we go to the games and we do what Jon wants, we stay home and we contribute to the problem.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm intrigued by the remarks about the ground / crowd etc, there hasn't been any indication of this happening yet at any game so why now all of a sudden?

Can't see it happening personally - maybe just the odd boo etc

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not only that both Jon and Sid KNOW it won't get "toxic" (what the actual ****, when has it ever got "toxic" down the Gate? It's bordering on comical to even suggest it!!).

I remember, unusually for me, being in up the Williams Stand when about 30 fans at the back of the middle of enclosure turned round as one to wave their fists, flash V-signs and swear up at the Directors Box.  'W*nkers, Sack the board, **** off' etc., and so it went on for several minutes.

They'd obviously agreed to meet up in that part of the ground to vent their spleen at the board.

From my viewpoint I could see the fans' contorted faces and how furious they were, and no doubt at all their message got across to those in the Director's Box.

Not sure exactly when this was now - probably early 80's - and it wouldn't happen these days, those fans would be on CCTV and quite likely confronted by stewards and possibly even banned, but it used to happen, be in no doubt about that.

Ashton Gate used to be fiercely passionate - it's still passionate to a degree, but nothing like the old days and fans are well aware they can't actually effect things anymore.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Not an unfair point as mentioned before but what did Jon say.... "The fans will still be there"... 

Simple fact is if you're at the ground and cheering on the team you're doing exactly what Jon expects of you and your opinion means nothing to him. My concern is at what point do the fans finally manage to get it through to Jon that we're not happy because right now the fans are still there and it's business as usual for Jon, in his eyes there is no real backlash over the changes because the fans are still doing what he wants. 

It's a lose lose situation for the fans, we go to the games and we do what Jon wants, we stay home and we contribute to the problem.

Take it from me, anyone who stops going, and goes and watches non league football, won’t regret it.

Best thing I’ve done, no stress, enjoy the football, easy parking, no queuing, close to the pitch and proper football.

You even see shots on goal, and goal mouth action 😳. A rarity at AG!. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Been a while for the fan base to erupt ,  I am a Pearson fan  but total agree with Shelton's Army open statement.  I have been in a similar position where a bunch of workers thought i could not do the job , 4 years in no one wants me to retire . COYR 

It would take some organising but venting the frustration and anger right up to the team and LM coming out of the tunnel then switch to instant positive vocal support to half time, revert to the former during half time (it’ll be heard from the boxes for sure) then positivity through the second half.

My big worry is negativity in game will be turned back on the fanbase, they’ll blame us but not themselves if it goes wrong but let’s not allow that to happen.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and the hierarchy know it too.

The fans forum was evidence of that.

I’m not sure.

That event was a very small sample size & appeared to largely be populated by forelock tuggers & people with very little perspective beyond that.

If we struggle on Saturday apathy will probably turn to anger but sadly my hunch is the scapegoats (Cornick, Weimann, maybe Tanner) plus Manning will get flak but the owner, his chairman son & Tinnion won’t.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Until the Lansdowns are kicked out of Bristol City, nothing will change unfortunately.
Manning is out of his depth here.

its too late now but it should have been tinnion moved somewhere quiet with a real dof telling lansdowns what will or wont work.

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

its too late now but it should have been tinnion moved somewhere quiet with a real dof telling lansdowns what will or wont work.

Agreed, we had one and that was Nigel Pearson.
Respected by the players and the coaches, but not by the Lamsdowns. Real shame. A golden opportunity lost again. Nige could have moved “upstairs” but with a mentor role for a “rabbit in the headlights” like Manning. Poor guy doesn’t really stand a chance in the Championship IMO.

Madness!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Agreed, we had one and that was Nigel Pearson.
Respected by the players and the coaches, but not by the Lamsdowns. Real shame. A golden opportunity lost again. Nige could have moved “upstairs” but with a mentor role for a “rabbit in the headlights” like Manning. Poor guy doesn’t really stand a chance in the Championship IMO.

Madness!

I could see NP doing that with someone he knew like Euell for example but not have one imposed upon him.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I remember, unusually for me, being in up the Williams Stand when about 30 fans at the back of the middle of enclosure turned round as one to wave their fists, flash V-signs and swear up at the Directors Box.  'W*nkers, Sack the board, **** off' etc., and so it went on for several minutes.

They'd obviously agreed to meet up in that part of the ground to vent their spleen at the board.

From my viewpoint I could see the fans' contorted faces and how furious they were, and no doubt at all their message got across to those in the Director's Box.

Not sure exactly when this was now - probably early 80's - and it wouldn't happen these days, those fans would be on CCTV and quite likely confronted by stewards and possibly even banned, but it used to happen, be in no doubt about that.

Ashton Gate used to be fiercely passionate - it's still passionate to a degree, but nothing like the old days and fans are well aware they can't actually effect things anymore.

I agree can remember when the old williams stand was in place you had 150 fans yelling and angry outside old players entrance shouting up at the Directors bar upstairs today we just put up with it oh yeh i was one of em .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

You're not alone there mate. I feel the same and likewise many other fans that I know. I keep seeing Liam on the sidelines and keep wondering where Nige and Flemming are, still feel sick about, I hate JL with a passion for this royal ruckup.

Glad I'm not the only one honestly the difference to how I felt at the start of the season and now is a massive shift feel like going around Nige's to have a beer or 2 ( Father figure). This club has totally cocked up.(Again)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Glad I'm not the only one honestly the difference to how I felt at the start of the season and now is a massive shift feel like going around Nige's to have a beer or 2 ( Father figure). This club has totally cocked up.(Again)

It isn’t the club that has messed up again but the Lansdowns, serial failures the both of them

• Like 2

I am in the happy position of being an overseas season ticket holder. This means I only go when it’s a big game as from where I live it is quite the undertaking. 

However as a few know here I watch all the games on BCTV that I don’t attend. 

Luckily for Lansdown Tinnion and Manning I will be happily yelling abuse ay my screen for most of the 90 minutes on Saturday morning. 

I have had it up to the back teeth with all of this, to the point of enquiring about my account deletion here. 

Jon Lansdown is a trust fund *** being advised by a man (people) who are clueless. The one obvious advisor should hang his head in total shame as he disappears out of the door. Jon Lansdown needs to resign as chairman and replaced by someone that has a clue. Scudamore or someone else with some gravitas and associated with the club

In the meantime I don’t particularly care if the crowd get on anyone’s back. The season ticket holders and supporters have been abused by the people controlling this club for far too long, it’s about time they got some back. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It’s not Mannings fault, you can’t blame him for accepting the job, and wanting to better, prove himself, it’s the people who appointed him, and left him in this situation, why, and on what grounds did they think he was a good appointment? Surely, ( though perhaps not, know how out of touch with the fans the board are) they must’ve sensed the feeling after sacking Pearson, and that the must make a good appointment to please and settle the fans.

Do feel slightly sorry for Manning, he’s been dumped on from a great height, though nothing surprises me anymore with this board or club, rant over!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

This is the problem we now have. A Tecknical Disaster, sorry I meant Director, who is the literal definition of a Yes Man which is just the way the Family like it. Someone who appeared very much in cohorts with Nige not so long ago yet the moment the Family have had enough the tune changes immediately and we hear grumblings of "why is Andy King playing?", players deconditioned, being given holidays when it is deemed by Chief Football Brain that the dozen remaining fit ones should be flogged to death on the training pitch etc. etc. Easy solution, get rid of Nige and the useless physio, get back to flogging them and that's sorted.

Fast forward a number of weeks and the big long holiday that was the single and only root cause of the fitness issues is cancelled, despite approaching the busiest period of games all season, yet the injury list is as long as it ever was with no sign of shrinking, a key player brought back into the fold playing 45 minutes of a 21's game and crocked again and we are now substituting key players after an hour, at a huge detriment to our chances of getting something out of a game, to avoid burn out.

The Medical side of the club is so unfit for purpose, and has been for half a dozen years, that it has to go deeper than the personnel. If it was my £20m being pumped in every year I would have shelled an extra £20K out tbh and ordered a completely independent root and branch review of the Medical side of things. I certainly wouldn't be leaving it to Jon and Sid to make the ultimate decision on what went wrong, that's for sure, and then find nothing is changing two months later, in fact in some respects it's worse when you are now taking your best player off after 60 each game and spunking opportunities for points up the wall (three potential extra points that would leave Manning in a slightly more comfortable position). I wonder if we've looked into it and undertaken that review? In fact shouldn't the Director de Tecknique be making that recommendation to the Board? Surely that's what a PROFESSIONAL organisation would do when faced with a longstanding recurring problem?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Take it from me, anyone who stops going, and goes and watches non league football, won’t regret it.

Best thing I’ve done, no stress, enjoy the football, easy parking, no queuing, close to the pitch and proper football.

You even see shots on goal, and goal mouth action 😳. A rarity at AG!. 

A defeat or draw on Saturday will make it 20 home games without a win for me (I can’t go to every game, so have a real knack for picking the defeats and draws).

I might have to give Keynsham Town a go if we don’t win, 20 is plenty!

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Robin 1

23 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

What like Krakatoa?  Get real...it just will not happen?   If we should lose? (Big If?).. Theyr'e will maybe a little anger, booing and frustration......but most supporters are sensible enough to realise that after just 7 games, and with no opportunity to bring in any new players, it is too early to make any long term judgement call on our new manager?   Patience young Jedi?

• Hmmm 1

25 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What like Krakatoa?  Get real...it just will not happen?   If we should lose? (Big If?).. Theyr'e will maybe a little anger, booing and frustration......but most supporters are sensible enough to realise that after just 7 games, and with no opportunity to bring in any new players, it is too early to make any long term judgement call on our new manager?   Patience young Jedi?

Not so much aimed at Manning but the hierarchy.

The hierarchy have made a big call here and a rebuild is not desirable or needed really.

We have had 2 long years of slog. We were rebuilding steadily, we looked cohesive-now it feels like it could be for nothing.

We do not want or need a rebuild, a rebuild we do not need or want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

On 12/12/2023 at 22:41, Sheltons Army said:

If you care about our football Club , I think this is actually important , and time critical

I am and was a massive Nigel Pearson fan , and will always be appreciative of IMHO a magnificent job he did here when we needed it most

When he was dismissed in a cowardly way without a drop of recognition or appreciation , I thought there couldn’t be anyone angrier or more disgusted than I was , but there are many who are clearly as angry,  if not angrier - I’m actually quite shocked at the level and how widespread.

So like most , I got to a point where I couldn’t really care who they appointed , and I have to say I wasn’t wowed by their choice, and aim still have some major worries about the outcome , and one of them I have to say is the support and quality help around Liam Manning (As in the hierarchy and whole Club set up) , as much as Manning himself 

As a young coach , and pretty young man , Manning has been put under ridiculous pressure by their embarrassing interviews and the way they sacked Pearson

I said early that early results were vital for him to give himself some breathing space and take some heat off , whilst he tried to implement his ethos 

The results don’t look great and it’s not difficult to sense that if we were to go behind on Saturday then it will become very toxic , and however strong or self assured he might be , it’s going to be a very difficult and extremely testing time for Manning , and unless he has b**s of steel and nerves likewise , there is a real danger the heat will affect him , his beliefs , confidence , and the whole thing could go horribly wrong.

I have real fears about Saturday , and the forthcoming games and the influence supporters could have on what happens here , in terms of our season , and not in a good way.

This is surely a time , the very time , to keep any deep lying anger or negativity in a bag

Forget Lansdown , Tinnion , Manning , ......We need a few results , ultimately for us , you , me and every other red 

We could really shoot ourselves in the foot here , (I know many will say Lansdown and Tinnion have already done that)

Its not a call to arms , and roaring support , much more that a case of keeping anger away from match day

It’s not a dig at anyone or any assembly of posters , whose anger and p**** off levels I can fully understand

They aren’t going to be balling out on Liam Manning anytime soon so we have a choice .

We don’t have a choice of Head Coach but we do have a chance to turn toxic extreme , get behind as much as we can , but more importantly , bite the bullet on any anger and toxicity , although totally understandable , it’s ultimately going to backfire on us.

Time to take a deep breath on match days at least fellow reds  👍🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🔴⚪🔴

fwiw - I can see some positives , with some negatives , but that’s for another time

One things for sure if we have any chance under LM and to avoid any slide down the table we are asking a near impossible if the heat and toxicity increase.

After NP dug us out of an almighty hole , and a slide towards League One (God help us) it would be crazy if we , particularly the throngs us Nigel Pearson fans , actually contributed towards a fall

it would also help the whole thing if the obvious vocal Pro Manning supporters calmed down and stopped setting out to over egg LM and antagonise.

LM will prove himself , or otherwise  and fair play he’s going to need that steel 

🔴⚪🔴 COYR 🔴⚪🔴

Excellent post

• Robin 1

22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not so much aimed at Manning but the hierarchy.

The hierarchy have made a big call here and a rebuild is not desirable or needed really.

We have had 2 long years of slog. We were rebuilding steadily, we looked cohesive-now it feels like it could be for nothing.

We do not want or need a rebuild, a rebuild we do not need or want.

We do NOT need a rebuild?     No........ let's just saunter on as a average mid tabls Championship club?   This club needs a massive overhaul, and if you give our new manager time, we might just wake the Pheck Up?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

We do NOT need a rebuild?     No........ let's just saunter on as a average mid tabls Championship club?   This club needs a massive overhaul, and if you give our new manager time, we might just wake the Pheck Up?

Surely we were following an ideal plan- to build on the solid base rather than rebuilding in place of the solid base.

The financials had been fixed, the Scott and Semenyo sales had provided some funds after P&S considerations. Vyner, Pring and Bell signed up to new deals, hopefully Conway soon.

Some more money to NP for quality and quantity felt the logical next step.

If Manning wants to overhaul that'll likely set us back IMO.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely we were following an ideal plan- to build on the solid base rather than rebuilding in place of the solid base.

The financials had been fixed, the Scott and Semenyo sales had provided some funds after P&S considerations. Vyner, Pring and Bell signed up to new deals, hopefully Conway soon.

Some more money to NP for quality and quantity felt the logical next step.

If Manning wants to overhaul that'll likely set us back IMO.

I didn't want NP to go..........but he has.   So Are u then suggesting that our new manager retains exactly the same players that we have now?..........and somehow turns them into a top six side?  Personally i believe we are four players short of a reasonable team, if u don't regard that as an overhaul, then OK?

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I didn't want NP to go..........but he has.   So Are u then suggesting that our new manager retains exactly the same players that we have now?..........and somehow turns them into a top six side?  Personally i believe we are four players short of a reasonable team, if u don't regard that as an overhaul, then OK?

Well each to their own, I see that as building on but I agree a few more players for quality and depth in certain positions wouldn't go amiss.

My fear when talking overhaul was- come in totally rip it up, change half the squad etc.

James, Williams, King and possibly Weimann all out of contract in the summer so yeah.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well each to their own, I see that as building on but I agree a few more players for quality and depth in certain positions wouldn't go amiss.

My fear when talking overhaul was- come in totally rip it up, change half the squad etc.

No..............perhaps i should have referred to it as a partial refit...Ha!   I think there are 3 to 4 players who will not survive the transition.......starting with our midfield?

On 13/12/2023 at 07:01, Jose said:

Been saying it for the last few years. Our fan base has gone soft as **** in recent years 

• Flames 1