IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Jerseybean

7 minutes ago, collier said:

I swear players have lost the ability over the years to head a ball. At pro level I don't get a player completely missing the ball almost when the ball is pretty much perfect height. I guess it's not something people practice as much nowadays with the focus on keeping it on the deck.

It's because there's no lace to aim your forehead at...

6 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Think it was more a lack of anticipation than anything - looked delayed and on his heels at first glance. 

Like I said I think it's a dying art. Mehmeti just confirming that by missing another. I hate to call that a sitter but its a very good chance again.

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Just listened to the LM press conference. There were some interesting points, and it seems that we might see RM soon. I wonder if he'll make the bench tonight? Perhaps it's a bit soon, but he's certainly close.

I found it intriguing what he mentioned about the information provided to the players (this would be a good listen for you, @W-S-M Seagull). He discussed players adopting different playing styles, emphasizing the need to "stop them from thinking they're playing with shackles on," which I found to be a noteworthy comment. He singled out Pring as one of those players, and we have indeed observed changes in his movement further up the pitch and overlaps. Manning also acknowledged that he's aware he's demanding a lot from him at the moment, particularly in terms of physical demands.

Not sure why you have mentioned me in this? 

Also not sure why you've made a few indirect digs at NP. 

4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

A Birmingham supporting mate is there and messaged me and said there are already arguments among the home fans and someone has stormed out, are they really that bad?! We have 73% possession according  to the BBC!

No - we are edging it but by no means are we much better then them so far 

At the minute very much the story of our season so far (apart from Watford) - some nice possession but lack of quality in the final third 

• Thanks 1

Watching via a stream to the Brum TV, they just don't shut up.

Brum poor and us not much better, lots of passive passing.

Half an hour gone and its not got going yet.

Passing forward is just a bit off at the moment, but they are there for the taking.

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, but who cares ,when City are playing ?

I just thought people might like to see some photos of Ashton Gate, that's all. I haven't made any comment about the rugby game except the fact I am there. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

No - we are edging it but by no means are we much better then them so far 

At the minute very much the story of our season so far (apart from Watford) - some nice possession but lack of quality in the final third 

I suspect part of their issue in the stands is that they’d normally expect to be winning by now!

I must have a different RobbinsTV stream. 

We are controlling the ball and look dangerous in their final third. With Sykes doing well. Just the majority of our possession is in our back 2 thirds, which has to be expected in this system. Draw teams on to you and then quickly get at them. 

The over hit passes in the final third are the only annoyance for me so far

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Watching via a stream to the Brum TV, they just don't shut up.

Brum poor and us not much better, lots of passive passing.

Half an hour gone and its not got going yet.

Passing forward is just a bit off at the moment, but they are there for the taking.

At least brum tv are keeping up with play, robins tv is over a min. behind !!

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I must have a different RobbinsTV stream. 

We are controlling the ball and look dangerous in their final third. With Sykes doing well. Just the majority of our possession is in our back 2 thirds, which has to be expected in this system. Draw teams on to you and then quickly get at them. 

The over hit passes in the final third are the only annoyance for me so far

They look nervy at the back as well, so allowing them to sit deep would only counteract this. Want them to be isolated 

Just now, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

They look nervy at the back as well, so allowing them to sit deep would only counteract this. Want them to be isolated 

They look about as dangerous as we do going forward to be fair. We have had a lot of possession I would suggest, the majority probably in the middle of the pitch however we have been very sloppy with it too (Williams in particular). 

Managed to miss the first 15 minutes as I had to go out to get the tea but for the last 30 we seem to be doing a lot of running, working hard but with very little quality in the box. Birmingham are defending hard and don't look to be too much threat going forward.

Hopefully we'll open them up in the second half as they will have to start chasing a result.

I've watched dull football in my time ...but my goodness. 

It feels like we can win this but we need to change something. 

Not sure about Max not launching it once. I know his kicking isn't incredible but surely mixing in one or two launches might at least make the opponent think?

Not awful, but pretty flat and uninspiring imo.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Mehmeti has morphed into Pre-Manning Mehmeti 

You mean he is playing like Mehmeti, he has not changed at all. Just had more game time. Same errors and decision-making, always cutting inside onto his right.. He was doing the same at Watford, but it was masked by scoring a goal. A lot of work still to be done with him. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Malago said:

Why are we playing in black.  We’ve won 3in a row playing red and white.  Why change?

Dirty kit? 👀

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why not support players instead of calling for them to be subbed at half time?  

Bloody ell Dave, you had an epiphany over Xmas? 😮😮😮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Can someone tell Stkes that you are allowed to take the full back on once in a while. 

He's being hampered by the fact he's stood almost man to man, Tanner needs to overlap more. The threat of it would force a cover and eliminate the 1v2 doubling up.

Meanwhile TGH needs to get closer to Anis when latter cuts in. No option when he cut inside to another 2v1 towards the latter end of that half.

Small issues are accumulating to a very mediocre performance. Sloppy passes, too casual.

• Like 1