IGNORED

Andi Weimann - Loan to WBA Confirmed

GrahamC

8 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

**** off

Seriously, ignore him.

He just repeats this boring nonsense ad nauseam only to get a reaction.

What a sad state of affairs.

• Like 4

Great player for us and time to move on. However we should have got a replacement in before allowing Andi to leave (Perhaps we already have one lined up) but we have a paperthin squad and letting a natural goalscorer (in his right position) leave, leaves us even shorter on firepower and experienced championship quality players   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Great player for us and time to move on. However we should have got a replacement in before allowing Andi to leave (Perhaps we already have one lined up) but we have a paperthin squad and letting a natural goalscorer (in his right position) leave, leaves us even shorter on firepower and experienced championship quality players   

Again . It doesn’t work like that 🙄 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously, ignore him.

He just repeats this boring nonsense ad nauseam only to get a reaction.

Not at all Graham - I post my point of view, this a forum after all. 

To clarify - I only believe that any deal is completed when it’s announced on the OS. It’s the only 100% believable source.

I really don’t understand why some have a problem with that.     :dunno:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To clarify - I only believe that any deal is completed when it’s announced on the OS. It’s the only 100% believable source.

You need to get with the times. Bristol City FC make official announcements on X (the platform previously known as Twitter) before putting them on the official site. Maybe use the term "official platform" rather than "OS". HTH.

Incidentally:

Edited by CiderJar

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

You need to get with the times. Bristol City FC make official announcements on X (the platform previously known as Twitter) before putting them on the official site. Maybe use the term "official platform" rather than "OS". HTH.

Incidentally:

Don’t bother. He knows exactly what he’s doing . He’s a sad attention seeking troll 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

It is understandable that Andy Weimann would want to finish his playing career nearer to where his family lives.

I echo the comments about Andy being a great servant who had always given 100% and has been a leader and mentor for our younger players.

Too often someone leaving results in thanks being given but capped off with snide comments. None of that for Andy Weimann which shows how much he is respected..

Reading this forum he will be sorely missed. I hope that when he comes back that he is given a generous applause.

Thanks Andy and good luck for the future 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Watching Tv Kerry GIF by Gogglebox Australia

27 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I’m not on X so must be missing out on done deals      :sad26:

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The problem people have is that it doesn't need clarifying, we are all too painfully aware of your stance because you post it almost every day of a transfer window. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure there's much of a badge of honour in being unable to critically analyse information and come to an informed conclusion as to its likely veracity.

But you do you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The problem people have is that it doesn't need clarifying, we are all too painfully aware of your stance because you post it almost every day of a transfer window. 

Hes right though re taking news from official club media before believing it, we are currently also following a news story about a leeds player based on someone they know in harrogate hearing something… and there are a load of others on this forum alone

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, westonred said:

No i realise that but it seems crazy weakening an already small inexperienced squad without bringing in someone first

Like I said it doesn’t work like that . So many variables. How do you know we don’t have someone lined up . Fee, contract agreed but they’re waiting to make a signing before they sell to us . It could be something in Andi’s contract . They may have made the decision that we can cope for a few days . Maybe it’s a player waiting to be recalled from a loan . 
If we don’t get anyone one in at all then I’ll 100% agree with you . Let’s see first 

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hes right though re taking news from official club media before believing it, we are currently also following a news story about a leeds player based on someone they know in harrogate hearing something… and there are a load of others on this forum alone

That’s not the point though.

See @steviestevieneville’s post ⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Incidentally:

Ergot , Robbored is really something.

Going back to Andi, WB must feel they’ll be able to get something out of Andi otherwise, why pay his wages when they could have held on to TGH and focused on him as one for their future and had less of a wage bill. Or have I read that wrong. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts scoring goals for them now 😂

Edited by JP Hampton

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Like I said it doesn’t work like that . So many variables. How do you know we don’t have someone lined up . Fee, contract agreed but they’re waiting to make a signing before they sell to us . It could be something in Andi’s contract . They may have made the decision that we can cope for a few days . Maybe it’s a player waiting to be recalled from a loan . 
If we don’t get anyone one in at all then I’ll 100% agree with you . Let’s see first 

Yes like i said I realise all that but my point is letting someone go when we have a very small squad anyhow seems crazy without getting someone in first

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes like i said I realise all that but my point is letting someone go when we have a very small squad anyhow seems crazy without getting someone in first

I agree with you. With the injuries we carry the squad is too small and to lose Weimann before a replacement is on board makes no sense. Worryingly that we must be missing targets and we  have £25 million plus in the bank.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

Do you think the club doesn’t know this?

Probably 2 things are happening here, firstly McCrorie, Roberts & Sykes will all be available next week (my guess is that 1 of these will be a sub today). 

Secondly we’ll have someone new in by the Watford match.

This move isn’t taking place in isolation, it suits all parties & is part of funding changes to the current squad.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I agree with you. With the injuries we carry the squad is too small and to lose Weimann before a replacement is on board makes no sense. Worryingly that we must be missing targets and we  have £25 million plus in the bank.

Would it not make sense to wait and see what's actually happening before criticising what's happening? At the moment, there's no evidence whatsoever that we are losing Weimann without a replacement lined up. If Weimann goes and no replacement comes in next week then by all means criticise that. But why on Earth do it before it has actually happened? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Would it not make sense to wait and see what's actually happening before criticising what's happening? At the moment, there's no evidence whatsoever that we are losing Weimann without a replacement lined up. If Weimann goes and no replacement comes in next week then by all means criticise that. But why on Earth do it before it has actually happened? 

I felt it more of a concern/worry than a criticism. At the moment there is no evidence of us signing anyone but there seemed to be some suggestion yesterday that Weimann was going. Hence the concerned post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

It is understandable that Andy Weimann would want to finish his playing career nearer to where his family lives.

I echo the comments about Andy being a great servant who had always given 100% and has been a leader and mentor for our younger players.

Too often someone leaving results in thanks being given but capped off with snide comments. None of that for Andy Weimann which shows how much he is respected..

Reading this forum he will be sorely missed. I hope that when he comes back that he is given a generous applause.

Thanks Andy and good luck for the future 

I would be staggered if he didn't receive a wonderful welcome back to Ashton Gate in the future. He's always given 100% for the jersey, he has scored plenty of important goals for the club and been a help to younger players.

It feels like one of those win-win-win scenarios

For Andi - a last big signing on fee and joining a massive club at Championship level who should push for promotion.

For WBA - a man that gives 100% every game, knows the division and will weigh in with key goals during their run in

For BCFC - free up the wages of an older player that we wouldn't be resigning, a player that hasn't had much game time under Manning and allow for a new forward to come through the door.

• Like 5

According to piece in todays Daily Mirror, says West Brom are closing in on a move for Weimann, as he is in the last 6 months of his contract, yet to be offered a new deal, and has had limited game time since Liam Manning arrived. Just paper talk, or something more?

1 minute ago, Big Cheese said:

According to piece in todays Daily Mirror, says West Brom are closing in on a move for Weimann, as he is in the last 6 months of his contract, yet to be offered a new deal, and has had limited game time since Liam Manning arrived. Just paper talk, or something more?

Multi page thread on the transfer sub-forum and yes, it looks set to happen.

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

I thought Wiemann was one who accepted a new contract on reduced terms.

Yes, allegedly something in the £10-12k p.w. mark having been on (allegedly again) £18-20k p.w.

• Thanks 2

Think he deserved better from the club. Apparently approaching the appearances clause that would have triggered a 12 month extension. Goal against Watford a reminder of what he is capable of. Club needs experienced heads with a rookie manager. 

1 minute ago, ColneRed said:

Think he deserved better from the club. Apparently approaching the appearances clause that would have triggered a 12 month extension. Goal against Watford a reminder of what he is capable of. Club needs experienced heads with a rookie manager. 

No sentiment in football . Genuinely enjoyed watching him . Great pro , but he wasn’t going to get another contract . 
when you say he deserved better , you have to take into account he wasn’t here on minimum wage . He earned a lot of money playing for us and fair play to him it’s a short career I’ll never begrudge a player that . Apart from o’dowda’s second contract . Should be done for fraud that ***** 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Concerns me that the Tinnion/Manning way will be to strip out the experienced pros and end up with a lot of inexperience both on and off the pitch. 

I think it's been a very long time since we've had a group of good older experienced players like Wells, James, King, Weimann etc who help to set the daily high standards and help the younger players. 

Whilst you can put individual cases forward for all of them leaving, I think it will be a huge collective loss for us.

Very much back to the LJ days. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 4

On 12/01/2024 at 14:02, GrahamC said:

As now being reported by Bristol Live joining West Brom for the rest of the season.

History repeating itself?

Unable to command a regular first team place, Bob Taylor left at the end of January 1992 to the division promotion contenders West Brom . That Saturday he scored after 11 minutes as WBA beat the divisional leaders 2-0. Meanwhile, City lost by the same scoreline at Ashton Gate.

4 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

This seems to have gone very quiet. With all of the excitement over our potential new signing everyone seems to have forgotten our Andi. 

Manning basically just confirmed it was happening in the latest press conference but not fully completed so didn't want to comment further.

Gutted to see this. One of my favourite players in all my time watching Bristol City, and criminally underrated by many IMHO. As intelligent, disciplined, and hard-working a player as you will see, but with some real quality to support it too.

5.5 years of service. 50 league goals (including a few absolutely brilliant ones). Played almost every position on the pitch at some point. Club captain. Behaviours & attitude that embody everything you want from a player at your club.

The word "legend" is often overused, but IMO Andi Weimann is as close to a club legend as anyone we've had in the last decade.

Genuinely wish him all the best. Thank you, Andi.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1