IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Christ this is dire  Bell and Mehmeti just arnt in the game

This is the problem, at West Ham they weren’t expected to have the ball much, simply do their defensive duties and do their best in the limited amount of touches they would get, that’s fine against superior opponents but in this league they virtually no attacking threat, bell is doubling up and Mehmeti simply gives it away, they are meant to provide Conway with chances or threaten themselves, hope I’m wrong but this is Millwall all over again.

Preston, like others ,  make a change and start to dominate. We never seem to be able to spot that and grab back dominance.

We needed to start winning the midfield again but could never keep the ball long enough. Mehmeti this half has been awful, decision making was schoolboy level. 

They deserve the lead TBH

• Like 1

Sad to say it, but it is the same old, same old City.  New coach seems to have made little difference.  We have enjoyed good games before, but for us it too often ends up in games like today.

We need - I really don’t know except we need new ownership. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jose said:

Vyner just stood there watching. Brilliant. Another not good enough. 

He’s a reactive player, tends to ball watch more than most unfortunately. Was asleep for the first goal too although Max takes the most blame for it for a wild chase out.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

We really are pony 🤣

Cant wait to hear Lee Johnson Mk2 tell us later how we shouldn’t get to low - just like we shouldn’t get to high

….and repeat again next week 

We’re exactly what everyone apart from Jon Lansdown thinks. An average mid table Championship club who aren’t going to trouble the relegation zone or the playoffs. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Woofyourkipper said:

It’s a forum,people have opinions,your problem is you constantly moan at people for daring to have a different opinion than you,go back through your posts and see how much ass licking you do for George tanner…are you his dad?

or wife

And yet here you are moaning at me for having an opinion. 

Are you 12? 

I’d take not being as tight defensively if we looked better going forward. But we don’t. Pearson had us tight. We look poor at the back since LM has come in and not played much  of the football that was promised. Ahwell another season to write off in January. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

I think the 3 worst performances of the season have been this one Birmingham and Millwall When will the board realise this squad just isnt good enough and invest in some quality instead of selling all of our assets

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

How the hell have we gone from being the best team in the second half against a top 6 Prem side to this in a week?

I don’t know if you’ve been following BCFC as long as me (41 years). But it’s what we do.

consistently inconsistent. Ends up being bang average. Mostly.

except in those rare tier 3 seasons where we absolutely turn every team over.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Oh to have a goal scorer!

Please sign one - we are in such desperate need for someone to be clinical in front of goal!

We have a goal scorer, the problem is that he is isolated and we don’t create enough chances.

• Like 2

Wonder if the bright lights of West Ham are at the back of their minds. Very poor second half, could not react to their subs. However bad the first goal was, it’s was still likely to be another ‘nilL’ away from home.