IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

Jerseybean

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How long do you have to do something before it becomes synonymous with your fanbase? 

I wonder if there were fans in the '60's moaning that Drink up thee cider, "has nothing to do with football and is making us look like embarrassing stereotypes"?

Drink up thee cider is synonymous with the West Country . Although they also sing the I can’t read I can’t write song which is bloody embarrassing as is Grown men bouncing around like little kids 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Drink up thee cider is synonymous with the West Country . Although they also sing the I can’t read I can’t write song which is bloody embarrassing as is Grown men bouncing around like little kids 

I agree with that stupid song, who on earth thought that was ever a good idea?

I like the bounce though, especially on a cold day, I often wish they would wait until the game is obviously won though. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It bloody cringeworthy . Like a load of little kids. I’m all for having fun believe me but I thought S82 were supposed to be hard core ultras 😂😂😂 . It’s embarrassing . I agreed when the whole West Ham end started singing 

what the ******* hell is that . 
It should have died when Johnson snr got sacked . 

:laugh: you are a bit of a misery by the sound of it, try joining in next time and enjoying yourself, going to the football is all about having fun and being silly sometimes, if you just want to sit down and clap politely maybe you would be better off with a season ticket at the country ground

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I agree with that stupid song, who on earth thought that was ever a good idea?

I like the bounce though, especially on a cold day, I often wish they would wait until the game is obviously won though. :facepalm:

Each to their own . A packed away end doing it after a win , I can see . 

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bounce around has been going for nearly 20 years so a whole generation of young uns knows it, and it has history of sorts. 
 At least it generates atmosphere- West Ham and Plymouth good recent home examples . 

Dont  mind it myself , better than some generic dirge that all other teams sing like Allez allez allez . 

• Like 1

Just now, The chief said:

Bounce around has been going for nearly 20 years so a whole generation of young uns knows it, and it has history of sorts. 
 At least it generates atmosphere- West Ham and Plymouth good recent home examples . 

Dont  mind it myself , better than some generic dirge that all other teams sing like Allez allez allez . 

I hate “bounce around”.

Don’t understand hating the one chant that generates any kind of decent atmosphere that we have? 

Complain about the stadium layout and how section 82s in the corner, then complain about all the chants we have being “cringeworthy”? 

Maybe instead of getting annoyed over a few 11yr olds jumping up and down maybe try to help facilitate a decent atmosphere. 

Edited by George Rs

1 minute ago, The chief said:

Wasn’t it just 😂 . My point was u do see a lot of our younger fans joining in so fair play to em. Not to everyone’s taste then. 
enjoy the game 

u reds. 

I’m just a miserable git!

Seriously though, I think there have been cases where players lose concentration when it’s being sung and we concede, and look a bit stupid.  That’s the main reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Already seen online from City that there is a big banner thing of Tinnion in Section 82 🙄

Un******* believable. I’ve always thought the small mentality was just at board level. The fans base are just as bad. The fans forum in the Hen and Chicken confirmed that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously though, I think there have been cases where players lose concentration when it’s being sung and we concede, and look a bit stupid.  That’s the main reason.

Really?? 

Never noticed that tbf but interesting if true. Maybe due to the younger age of the squad

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Sheffield derby a few years back was a good example. Wednesday fans doing after scoring and then Sheffield united went up other and scored. Funny to see. 

Anyone feeling uncharacteristically confident today? Hoping to see more of the Tanner/Mcrorie right side, at least while Sykes is out- thought that looked promising, a few rusty touches aside. Feels like we’ve got some decent options from the bench as well, albeit limited defense at present. 

Feeling in good fettle since Tuesday, some good squad options, plus we’ve only just comfortably thrashed them away 4-1 so I’m going to go for a classic 0-3 Watford, to really bring me back down to earth. 

6 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

Anyone feeling uncharacteristically confident today? 

Nope, we are consistently inconsistent.

Sorry!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Take a crappy / lucky 1-0 now, bite your hand off for it.

Trouble comes when you're having to keep a clean sheet every game to stand a chance of winning

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t get too hung up on formations because in today’s game it’s very fluid . Although , will it be penned as 3-4-3 but more like a 3-4-2-1

And it changes with or without the ball.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, The chief said:

Under Johnson snr & junior yes.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Am I right in thinking as it’s the international broadcast it’s not on RTV?

@Davefevs, it's available in Belgium. (Thanks to @roddy-d heads up in the dedicated thread.) It's not available in Spain which is my usual standby in these circumstances. I'll be down there anyway, but I can't really expect the old dear to sort this out for herself :)

Edited by Sleepy1968
ed: having said that, there is no prematch show - not even on youtube. so who knows whats going on!
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Lew-T said:

Would not like to be a defender against those 3!

Hope they pester Watford all afternoon.

Makings of a decent side no doubt. As Tommy said Tuesday though . Need to get rid of the inconstant performances. Easier said than done in this league. 

1 minute ago, Ecko said:

Is he not? 3 Tanner, Vyner and Dickie at the back with McCrorie and Pring as rm and lm?

Wing backs , yes. 

50 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I liked ‘Dooby do be do ‘ , the Tom Thumb song. 

Absolutely.  Especially the long ‘Ooooooh’ after the end of the first run through, before starting again.

Kids, no idea what we’re on about?

Tough ruddy titty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

which country should work ? my belgium ones connection looks terrible, tried germany, bulgaria and iceland with no joy, does my head in all the fannying about.

You sure you're not still tuned into Babestation?

Because it's been selected for international broadcast it IS NOT ON ROBINSTV.

Been this way for years. When I lived abroad I used to have to go down the Irish pub and persuade them to stick these games on.

You'll need a stream.

Edited by ExiledAjax