IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Only because the rest have been incredibly poor.

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

One of the saves was right at him, the other was a very good bit of reactions, but very fortunate for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position and was also right at him.

The other save I genuinely don't remember- in fact it just came up in the highlights and guess what... it was straight at him.

I realise this won't go down well with his fan club who can't bare anything other than effusive praise for him, but saying the shots were at him isn't a knock on Max (though it will probably be claimed as such), it's the reality of them.

He's done all he needs to do right, and so is doing well, but the reason Leeds aren't ahead is down to poor finishing rather than good goalkeeping.

So what you are saying is he got his positioning perfect so he was in the perfect place to make the save look easy , just shows what a good keeper he's become,

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

Leeds are showing the levels needed to play this kind of football. And the money required to be very very good at it 

They've also showed what happens when you aren't clinical. As the end of the half showed, We are still in the game.

We've made it very easy for Leeds, we should be behind and lucky we aren't.

Manning rightfully looks annoyed, can't string two passes together.

Outnumbered in midfield, Vyner and Tanner awful.

Down to Manning now to regroup, make changes, and get at them second half.

Just now, Better Red said:

In fairness to Max not just because the rest have struggled.

He has done well.

I was the one who said I was a Anti -Maxer when was Max was playing during covid and I have to say he is proving me wrong more and more each week.

Every single shot has been right at him.

He's done nothing wrong, but it's not been an outstanding performance by any stretch.

His most difficult to make save was also with a huge slice of luck.

Again, that's not a knock on him as he had good reactions and did what was needed, but for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position is a huge slice of good fortune. And the shot was another one right at him.

7 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Only because the rest have been incredibly poor.

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

One of the saves was right at him, the other was a very good bit of reactions, but very fortunate for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position and was also right at him.

The other save I genuinely don't remember- in fact it just came up in the highlights and guess what... it was straight at him.

I realise this won't go down well with his fan club who can't bare anything other than effusive praise for him, but saying the shots were at him isn't a knock on Max (though it will probably be claimed as such), it's the reality of them.

He's done all he needs to do right, and so is doing well, but the reason Leeds aren't ahead is down to poor finishing rather than good goalkeeping.

Good grief, the desperation simply to not to give Max any credit. 

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Good grief, the desperation simply to not to give Max any credit. 

Not at all, Im just not in the habit of praising players effusively for doing the basics, not am I in the habit of pretending players are dreadful whenever they make 1 mistake.

I even praised his reactions.

Perhaps try actually reading what was said.

But, you did prove my prediction of the insane Max fan club considering anything other than ridiculously over the top praise to be critical of him though.

Would you like to comment on how he dived out the way of the Leeds goal or shall we pretend he didn't?

And just to be clear, I'm not saying the goal was Max's fault here either.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

A club going nowhere sadly 

This has been embarrassing tonight

Mid-table obscurity once again, just how the Lansdown's like it unfortunately.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

Lots of work to be done in the summer and the nest egg has to be properly smashed open if we have any hopes of competing next season

Absolutely miles off the top sides in pace, power and speed of thought

Edited by Andrew_V1
Typo

36 minutes ago, bredwood said:

Williams isn’t in the game at all tonight along with quite a few others. I think Manning will have to make changes soon or the match will be gone.

I’ve said so many times,you can’t play Williams and James together in centre mid,too slow