IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, bexhill reds said:

NP was not always tactically spot on, towards the end of his tenure there did not always appear to be a plan B

Not denying that mate. But this has been a golden thread with LM. I’m more than happy for you to seek out my comments both post Boro and Soton to confirm this.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Mannings record was poor before tonight.  And I could take losing tonight if I saw some positive signs but it’s been horrible. Really bad. 

And will continue to be without a proven striker

This performance sums us up as a club this last 6 months. 4 wins in 15. Couldn’t look any more disjointed defensively and remain clueless in the final third. Resources or not, I expect players to be competitive, offer energy and play with aggression (West Ham esq.) 

Could’ve been about 4/5 nil. 

Manning needs to up our levels in the league. The cup fixtures are masking the league performances. He spoke of progression before the game - I’m not seeing it. 

If time on the grass is an issue (which he’d of known before he took the job), he needs to adapt and find a way to win games now and reset in the summer. 

What a waste of a season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ivorguy said:

And will continue to be without a proven striker

A striker wouldn’t  make much difference. The set up and any real quality behind the forward line is the problem. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Something about Mehmeti that reminds me of a worse version of Ryan Kent……maybe it’s the gloves, or the fact that he constantly looks like he is chewing on a wasp……or that he is just a bit shit

Let's be honest we've wasted money on him and Cornick. Both need ditching.

• Like 3

James arguing for a throw in in the 94th minute…only bit of fight seen all night.

We are absolutely dreadful to watch, an absolute non entity 

manning has regressed us in all areas, and teams tend to mirror the personality of the manager…no surprising we are dull and lacking any personality at all

oh well I get to hear more about bloody behaviours shortly

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Disappointed tonight.

Didn't expect a win. Didn't even really expect a draw.

What I do is expect is to look competitive and respectable against any side in the same division as us. We didn't tonight.

Leeds very good in fairness, but we should have offered more.

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness to Manning, it's against the top sides that we've performed better under him.

It's our record against bottom half sides which been the big concern

You’ve just contradicted yourself mate. Manning needs to go after tonight. We have just been battered by a very average Leeds team. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Genuinely buzzing for this week’s gaslighting on here about how much better the football is.

What a complete steaming pile of shit. Bored to tears again.

Leeds are better than us, they beat us, that’s fine. But Jesus ******* Christ, that football is pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not denying that mate. But this has been a golden thread with LM. I’m more than happy for you to seek out my comments both post Boro and Soton to confirm this.

Not going to be trawling, as I’d agree that tactically we've got it wrong, although I’m not sure what we could have done that would have made that much difference against a team of this calibre other than to stifle and park the bus, and we definitely can’t do that. LM does seem to be slow or unable to change tact mid-game which is concerning, but stubbornness was an NP affliction too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

A striker wouldn’t  make much difference. The set up and any real quality behind the forward line is the problem. 

Agree.  Everything is a problem and it starts with our serial loseR SL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollsRoyce said:

The issue is not losing against Prem squads with PP, Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. The issue was not beating Preston. Brum, Milwall, Watford. 

Leeds were just better than us. No shame in that. 

Yes, but we were really poor today. Clearly they are better than us, but when we have the ball, a bad pass is a bad pass and a poor cross is a poor cross. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Something about Mehmeti that reminds me of a worse version of Ryan Kent……maybe it’s the gloves, or the fact that he constantly looks like he is chewing on a wasp……or that he is just a bit shit

I think you are being kind with the “bit”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cidre Monita said:

You’ve just contradicted yourself mate. Manning needs to go after tonight. We have just been battered by a very average Leeds team. 

Oh come on 😂. That is never going to happen. Manning isn’t the problem. I mean he’s not helping either but I wouldn’t trust the clowns to employ a tea lady let alone a manager so we need to stick with him and hope it clicks. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Outclassed totally. Having been our strong point most of  Manning's tenure so far, the back 3 tonight were shambolic. How Leeds only scored once is unbelievable.

Don't think that Summerville would be good enough for us, he couldn't hit a barn door! 😂

4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

The issue is not losing against Prem squads with PP, Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. The issue was not beating Preston. Brum, Milwall, Watford. 

Leeds were just better than us. No shame in that. 

Completely agree - I've been banging this drum for a while.

It's great getting good results against Middlesbrough, Watford, etc. But it's wasted when you drop so many points against QPR, Birmingham, Huddersfield, etc.

Last time I checked, our record against bottom half sides under Manning was - P7 W0 D3 L4

Edited by Supersonic Robin

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Did very well to keep it to one

Totally and utterly outclassed

By a very good side may I add , the top 3 or 4 sides in this league are miles better than the rest funnily 3 of them all ex prem with all there £££££££££ hand downs , never right , could we have the three that went up come down and the 3 that come down go up