IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

41 minutes ago, southside said:

That's where the 70's chant of "You're going in the river" originated

First heard it from  Ipswich up there in the cup 78ish, followed by howls of laughter from our lot 🤣

Heard in in the East End years before 1978 - but not sure where it originated

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gimpymoo said:

We are in a similar position really, injuries, players at AFCON, players ineligible, total nightmare.

January could have been a quiet month but we insisted on turning two games into four, with one and maybe two going to extra time.

As mentioned above we got completely outplayed by Leeds, as a boxing comparison, we didn't land a punch. Unusual as typically we play well up to the final pass but don't take our chances. West Ham was a good example, we deserved to win the replay however the one goal was from an under hit back pass.

We could have done with an international window though I guess that applies to many teams.

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As mentioned above we got completely outplayed by Leeds, as a boxing comparison, we didn't land a punch. Unusual as typically we play well up to the final pass but don't take our chances. West Ham was a good example, we deserved to win the replay however the one goal was from an under hit back pass.

We could have done with an international window though I guess that applies to many teams.

Spot-on. And I'll add that West Ham and Forest were coasting in comparison to Leeds' intensity.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, and before that probably, but how about this 4-4-1-1 line-up?

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Roberts

Knight McCrorie Williams Bell

Wells

Conway

Seems a bit square pegs etc to me. Suppose it could be a narrow 4..

Why Knight on the right and McCrorie central for one?

Is James benched? If it is a narrow right side you want surely McCrorie and Tanner.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They've admitted an FFP breach so their position just outside the relegation is false right now. Once the points deduction is applied they'll be in massive relegation trouble. 

I don't think they will be as motivated as we will be to win to set up a tie again Man Utd. 

Where’s that ‘fingers crossed’ emoji gone?!!

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems a bit square pegs etc to me. Suppose it could be a narrow 4..

Why Knight on the right and McCrorie central for one?

Knight has played on the right for Derby and I think McCrorie has played in central midfield. I didn't want to lose Tanner, who has been our best one on one defender and McCrorie kicks ass.

I completely forgot about James! As soon as I heard about his knock I went into absentee mode. Its a default setting.

Edited by Curr Avon

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Knight has played on the right for Derby and I think McCrorie has played in central midfield. I didn't want to lose Tanner, who has been our best one on one defender and McCrorie kicks ass.

They can, but if I was Nottingham Forest I'd be targeting that extra man light in midfield for one which is what Wells and Conway can de facto lead to.

I suppose Knight can come inside in some phases..2 v 1 hmm. I'd be playing round the extra man while going man to man v Wells and Conway.

Likewise if Knight was to move inside to help I'd be going 2 v 1 vs Tanner or even in phases especially vs the left side with Roberts not having played much this year.

Wells and Conway have their duels vs the Nottingham Forest CBs.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They can, but if I was Nottingham Forest I'd be targeting that extra man light in midfield for one which is what Wells and Conway can de facto lead to.

I suppose Knight can come inside in some phases..2 v 1 hmm. I'd be playing round the extra man while going man to man v Wells and Conway.

Likewise if Knight was to move inside to help I'd be going 2 v 1 vs Tanner or even in phases especially vs the left side with Roberts not having played much this year.

Wells and Conway have their duels vs the Nottingham Forest CBs.

Mr P, your insight is exemplary!

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Mr P, your insight is exemplary!

Tbh was just a theory by me..A swift early through ball to Conway, Wells or even Knight pushing on and the whole thing turns on its head.

If we score first Nottingham Forest are the unbalanced ones and your shape can counter nicely on them! Apart from Norwich at home we've won every game under Manning in which we scored first I think. It could well work anyway, early red card, early injury to Nottingham Forest, penalty to us..games aren't played on paper after all.

59 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

I first remember it from West Ham fans at AG in our first Div.1 season.

After that the EE and Park End would sing it at away fans in a Cockney accent.

'Ye goin' in the riva!', or similar.

24 minutes ago, Gimpymoo said:

We will have 8 subs... only just though.

Would not surprise me if we had less than that.

Of Saturday’s subs, Roberts will likely replace Pring, TGH is suspended and Nelson may stay with the u18s for their FAYC 5th round match with Burnley.

So we might go with 6, that assumes Matty James fit.  Tommy Backwell might come in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southside said:

That's where the 70's chant of "You're going in the river" originated

First heard it from  Ipswich up there in the cup 78ish, followed by howls of laughter from our lot 🤣

1 hour ago, BCFC1959 said:

Definitely early 70's, always thought / assumed we meant the Cut.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Would not surprise me if we had less than that.

Of Saturday’s subs, Roberts will likely replace Pring, TGH is suspended and Nelson may stay with the u18s for their FAYC 5th round match with Burnley.

So we might go with 6, that assumes Matty James fit.  Tommy Backwell might come in.

Yep. I think we are ‘Bare Bones FC’ again tonight. 
If James isn’t fit we’ve only really got 14 players with first team experience. That includes 1 OAP in King and 2 full backs who are only just recovering from long term injuries (McCrorie & Roberts). 
So really only 11 players who have been ‘regular’ starters this season. 

I hear Courtney Sweetman Kirk on Talksport hasn’t done her research. 
Just on H&J show and she said “Forest may want to rest players so this gives Bristol City an advantage as they’ll be able to play a full strength team”. 
🤣🤣 Not very likely!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Here we are again - FA Cup night under the lights by the Trent. We’ve got players back now so the defence is stronger and Kouyate will come straight in to midfield alongside Danilo. Elanga is back as is Awoniyi so the frontline will be a lot quicker. I think we will field the strongest side and try to get it done by half time to rest Awoniyi and Elanga for the weekend. Hudson Odoi will probably be out after the studs down his Achilles vs Bournemouth.

Turner

Montial - Omobamidele - Murillo - Toffolo

Kouyate - Danilo

Williams - Gibbs White - Elanga

Awoniyi

3 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Here we are again - FA Cup night under the lights by the Trent. We’ve got players back now so the defence is stronger and Kouyate will come straight in to midfield alongside Danilo. Elanga is back as is Awoniyi so the frontline will be a lot quicker. I think we will field the strongest side and try to get it done by half time to rest Awoniyi and Elanga for the weekend. Hudson Odoi will probably be out after the studs down his Achilles vs Bournemouth.

Turner

Kouyate - Danilo

Awoniyi

Done by half time,You won’t be so cocky when you seen our starting eleven.😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Turner

Kouyate - Danilo

Awoniyi

I hope somebody puts Toffolo in the stands.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, !james said:

It'll be done after 10 mins if we play like we did last Friday night!

From what I have seen watching both forest & Leeds against us and Leeds again last night , I reckon Leeds are a better side

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

King starting? That’s Manning gone by the end of the month then………..

There's no need to swear. Just because he's from Barnstaple.

Could be worse, he could have played for KVC Westwardho like Mebude.

Felipe and Origi have risen Lazarus like from the treatment table and Greggs respectively. We’ll be playing with 10 men as Origi lumbers about miles off the pace. Other than that Nuno has thrown a curveball and is playing 3 at the back for the first time.

Turner

Montial  - Omobamidele- Niakhate - Felipe - Toff

Kouyate - Danilo

MGW 

Origi - Elanga

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I honestly think that is one of the best we can hope for in the circs..unsure about Tanner on the bench though and a Roberts-Mehmeti left side causes concern from a defensive POV..

I assume James is on the bench as he has a knock or something?

Yes, he is...

image.png.2bf3d011201accac6785056e1bf4d86c.png

• Thanks 1

Let’s hope the new chap , twine Sykes and Atkinson are fit fit for Saturday, we really need to get back to winning ways , I hope I have humble pie rammed down my throat tonight but sorry see nothing other than 3 zip tonight 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Felipe and Origi have risen Lazarus like from the treatment table and Greggs respectively. We’ll be playing with 10 men as Origi lumbers about miles off the pace. Other than that Nuno has thrown a curveball and is playing 3 at the back for the first time.

Turner

Montial  - Omobamidele- Niakhate - Felipe - Toff

Kouyate - Danilo

MGW 

Origi - Elanga

Sounds like neither side wants to win this one

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Young dude out tonight.

IMG_9746.thumb.jpeg.5d2d98a5eed114e4fcd8848e04697b4d.jpeg

😉😉😉

On a serious note, Nelson stayed back with the 18s, as has Yeboah (not a surprise).

I'd rather watch these lads ^^^^^

15 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Back to the back 4. Let the fun commence!

Than these ^^^^ at the moment 

• Facepalm 2

Evening all,  shame about all our injuries, suspensions and non eligiable players for this replay.  I just hope we can come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders like we did against WH and not play like we did against Leeds,  if we don't, then I'm afraid we won't be entertaining Man U in the next round. Not sure, is there extra time and pens tonight or does it go straight to Pens? Anyway lets hope the boy's can do it or at least make NF play for it, so Come On You Red's!!!

Let's see how we perform going back to a 4atb. Looking forward to seeing Roberts - been a while. Bell and Mehmeti need to perform with Sykes, Mebude and Twine likely to be match fit soon.

Going to be tough but who knows. Coyr

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

Let’s hope the new chap , twine Sykes and Atkinson are fit fit for Saturday, we really need to get back to winning ways , I hope I have humble pie rammed down my throat tonight but sorry see nothing other than 3 zip tonight 

The new lad will be fit, he is now.

The other 3 won’t, we already know that.

Surprised Tanner doesn’t start, otherwise not sure there is much else he could have done.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Surprised Tanner doesn’t start, otherwise not sure there is much else he could have done.

It might simply be a case that he wants to see how McCrorie fares at Right Back given that's his favoured position.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Big night for bell and mehmeti..... 

Great opportunity to impress, and they can't complain about not having had the gametime to show what they've got.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would love to see a Venn diagram of people complaining about that line up & those who thought we should’ve played better away at Cardiff

Different opposition, but a fairish point. Equally will the Manning skeptics give him a pass based on player availability?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ian Gay was saying there was a rumour Twine was out for the season but says that’s not the case. We badly need him back for Sat. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea just a million pound on the line so yea nothing to lose at all. 

Miilion pound on the line or not if someone offered me a win tonight OR Saturday I would take Middlesbrough all day long to be honest. I might be in a minority of one but it's the league results that need addressing.

• Like 11
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Great opportunity to impress, and they can't complain about not having had the gametime to show what they've got.

Different opposition, but a fairish point. Equally will the Manning skeptics give him a pass based on player availability?

If we avoid a battering I'll be happy. In fact, a battering would be OK if we pick up 3 points at Boro Saturday.

Before the game I'll state that I'd like to avoid extra time. Of course I might change my mind during the game, and then back after.

Hope our fans have a good night.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

Depends on what we see, I suppose. But based on injuries & suspensions this is pretty much the best team we could put out tbh.  

• Like 3