IGNORED

George Tanner

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This is roughly my view too.

Tanner is a bit better defensively and generally a "safer" option. Probably the better option on the right hand side of a back 3.

McCrorie is a better athlete and offers a bit more going forward. Probably the better option as a RWB.

If playing a back 4, I suppose which of the 2 you pick at RB depends on how conservative/aggressive you want to be. Tanner at RB also gives you the option to switch to a back 3 mid-game slightly more easily (as he can slot in a CB).

McCrorie has played a fair bit of his career as a CB too (and a bit in midfield too).

Just scrolling through the forum and noticed that we hadn't started a thread for this young man after his performance last week.

The life of a right back is a funny one. We have perhaps one of the best in the league (certainly for one-on-one defending), but we often forget to recognize him as a key player. If we have a poor right back, he becomes the scape goat more often than not (oh how far we've come since Richard Foster...). 

I just wanted to tip my hat to him, as he had a MOTM performance last weekend and he's the first name on the team sheet every week. Reliable, improving, young (don't forget he's only 24...) and now showing his attacking abilities (not just the goal, but he also had another great shot from outside of the box). It makes me wonder what his weakness is now, as he really does seem to be the complete right back. 

Would be interested to see where he ranks compared to other Championship right backs...?

Edited by pigeon

29 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Doesn’t need to be a wing back playing a back 4.

He’s already a decent RCB in a 3 and will make a up into a decent CB in a 4 in the fullness of time.