IGNORED

Southampton at home match thread

Jerseybean

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Outplaying the in form team and 75% of the posts are moans. No idea why you guys bother to watch! 

Because when we are outplaying the in form team we need to capitalize on that with a goal otherwise they're likely to show us why they're the in form team.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Thanks 1

Damn, Knight is so poor today. He has to be subbed at some point. He seems so slow and not focused. Btw, that commentators are acting like we play Real Madrid and everything is just luck or mistakes from them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

You don’t know what he will become. You’ve written players off in the past and got it wrong I’m sure.  Just support the lads 

I think Bell gets an unreasonable amount of criticism on here, he needs a goal just to get the confidence up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Damn, Knight is so poor today. He has to be subbed at some point. He seems so slow and not focused. Btw, that commentators are acting like we play Real Madrid and everything is just luck or mistakes from them.

Didn't Knight just play a brilliant through ball?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ecko said:

Didn't Knight just play a brilliant through ball?

We are entitled to have different opinions. He is good at passing and most things when I watch him but today inside the box and in 1v1 situations he seems slow today and not in a good shape. Maybe he does better in the second half. 

I hope I don’t regret this as I posted pretty much exactly the same at Soton away, but that’s the best 45 minutes under Liam for me. Plenty of work rate, good passing, look solid but just lacking in the last third thus far. Making a very good side look ordinary, great stuff thus far

• Like 3

HT 0-0, we have done pretty well but the final crosses have been woeful, both Bell & Mehmeti have had 3 chances to find a teammate with a pass and not once has that happened.

Hopefully Sykes can get on and show them how it's done, maybe Dire too, wouldn't mind both Bell & Mehmeti coming off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

We are entitled to have different opinions. He is good at passing and most things when I watch him but today inside the box and in 1v1 situations he seems slow today and not in a good shape. Maybe he does better in the second half. 

Nobody has said you aren’t. But your opinion is also entitled to be commented on 

Magnificent. I loved that. End to end, getting down the left all the time. Winning the ball high up and running at the defence. Excellent in transition.

They are obviously good as well, getting at us and getting shots away, but so far we've been equal to them.

A cracking 0-0 but both sides look dangerous.

Enjoyable, and entertaining.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Really enjoyed the first half. Got everything right up until the final ball. 

Both sets of players appear to need "just one touch more"  when shooting or passing.

Nice and tidy at the back. Looking great in the middle, especially on the counter but oh for the love of our Lord Adge Cutler we lack quality in and around the box. 

Almost every pass before the final shot has been too far ahead or behind, hit too hard or too short. It's leaving too much to do.

We've got to keep at it in the second half and not let up. 

Apart from the frustration around the box it's great to watch though.

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands Robin said:

Nice and tidy at the back. Looking great in the middle, especially on the counter but oh for the love of our Lord Adge Cutler we lack quality in and around the box. 

Almost every pass before the final shot has been too far ahead or behind, hit too hard or too short. It's leaving too much to do.

We've got to keep at it in the second half and not let up. 

Apart from the frustration around the box it's great to watch though.

Mehmetti gonna get one tonight im sure

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Decent.

Our passing quality, movement, strength in the tackle and team shape/positioning has improved beyond recognition over the last few weeks.

Buying into this, even if - at the moment - it isn’t the most scintillating entertainment. Just need a bit more quality in the final third. 

• Like 1

Important we keep our shape when there just knocking it about at the back , as soon as someone jumps ship they will be in , game needs to stay as it is for us to get anything from this , if it opens up they will be in 

Playing well but again so frustrating with our final cross/ball and we haven't scored. I fear for a St Mary's repeat. 

The Southampton keepers position is interesting as Bazuna plays further up the pitch than Grobelaar used to. If Max played that high up the pitch I'd be having kittens. 

City look far the better side, going forward time and time again. 
Simply zero thought or composure going into the final ball though. 
I honestly cannot remember City ever wasting so many opportunities of finding players in the box. Sam Bell really needs a lesson in relaxing on the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The turtle said:

when even the commentators are remarking just how quiet the stadium is.....well that is not great!!! however, perhaps it is them putting everyone to sleep.

They were commenting on how Southampton's style can quieten down grounds when they are away, and you can see that, the way they just stand with the ball in defence and try to draw teams onto them

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

That was a decent watch. Fully expect Southampton to turn the screw more in the second half, but if we keep them out and get a point, that would be a decent enough evenings work.

There will definitely be some spells of intense pressure in the second half, but the great thing about this game is you could easily see one of our breakaways leading to a goal.