IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One point on this, I agree we have this upside down, backwards and so on but Future Proofing and covering all bases is an issue given 3 different requirements..

A) EFL- 2k or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. 2k it is then..easy.

B) PL- Should we ever get up, 3k or 10% of capacity whichever is lower. Bit thicker but 10% it is..2.6-2.7k?

C) FA Cup which we're in every season. Can make a big push for up to 15%. Max we can give is 3.4k but anyway.

What Plan B is there to accommodate all 3 requirements at once? We could do Plenty about Point A, but C is trickier as is B should it ever arise.

Only easy way is to split the Atyeo, 2k away fans and 2.5k home - maybe safe standing and no reserved seating. So fa cup games then the away team can take the whole end. 

Just now, BS30 City said:

Only easy way is to split the Atyeo, 2k away fans and 2.5k home - maybe safe standing and no reserved seating. So fa cup games then the away team can take the whole end. 

Atyeo only holds 4.2k I certainly remmeber it holding thst pre redevelopment, and then got football it seems.to be down to 3.4k

2k Away

Less Segregation

Remainder Home

Would be the starting point.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Atyeo only holds 4.2k I certainly remmeber it holding thst pre redevelopment, and then got football it seems.to be down to 3.4k

2k Away

Less Segregation

Remainder Home

Would be the starting point.

Yes you are right just checked! In that case rip it down 😂 crap stand

1 minute ago, BS30 City said:

Yes you are right just checked! In that case rip it down 😂 crap stand

The max home fans we could get in there Idk.

How big was segregation when it was last split? Something could be better than nothing but it isn't terribly satisfactory.

7 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Hard to contemplate I won’t renew after supporting the club well over 50 years and a season ticket holder since 1990 

But sadly quite few my friends are not renewing and in some ways this pushes me the same way. 

I/We really haven’t enjoyed the past few seasons and living in East Bristol the traffic is a pain in the arse getting to and from AG. 

And we hear nothing from the owners about the direction the club is going in so why should we fork out another £500.00 for a season ticket  

Listening to Brian Tinnion on SOTC and him saying we are not in a position to match Coventry in terms of spend is not what any of us fans want to hear  

And to expect to be 10 points better off next season than we are now does nothing for enthusiasm  

I/We want to be in the mix for promotion  

I think the club are in for a shock with season ticket sales, I honestly think they will drop by 25%  

Sad really

Part of that is the legacy of prior mismanagement. Again not an excuse but a fact.

Going into this season, Coventry had accumulated losses of I think £10-15m in the prior 2 seasons and this doesn't include their big sales.

We had accumulated losses of about £50.7m.

All pre tax.

7 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

And to expect to be 10 points better off next season than we are now does nothing for enthusiasm  

I/We want to be in the mix for promotion 

100% understand the sentiment but plus 10 in theory puts us right in the mix for the playoffs.

Do you think automatic promotion under the current system, with Spending Rules and Parachute Payments is a genuine and realistic goal? I don't. Sadly.

It's been compounded by Leeds, Leicester and Southampton all dropping at once, 3 major clubs for the level. Ipswich are in a bit of a now or never IMO.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IIRC there are 23 home games 😉

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

All (5) midweek will be broadcast (streaming service*)

5/12 Saturday matches will be televised - so 7/8 will be moved for tv coverage 

Plus either the opening day or final day will be televised

That will leave 9/10 Saturday 3pm games (on average per club) that won’t be televised.

An awful lot of Championship footy live, being all opening day, final day, all the Bank Holidays, all midweek let alone taking 5 of the standard Saturday fixtures each week..

Can't see there being as much notice on games after Christmas as presumably Sky will want to choose the more attractive ones especially as the season progresses...though the scope to pick will be wider ..

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The max home fans we could get in there Idk.

How big was segregation when it was last split? Something could be better than nothing but it isn't terribly satisfactory.

With netting i doubt we would get enough home fans in there to make a difference. The Dolman end is restricted viewing anyway isnt it so that sections not useable! I cant see the club ever swapping away support to another section of the ground and now its be rebuilt it probably isnt easily achievable. I hold hope for a new stand one day, but wont hold my breath

1 hour ago, Sturgess said:

And the saga goes on… albeit in a nice stadium and improved training ground (none of this HPC nonsense).

I'm still waiting to see some of the high performance that place was supposed to produce.  Maybe they should have called it The Pulled Hamstring Centre.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IIRC there are 23 home games 😉

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

All (5) midweek will be broadcast (streaming service*)

5/12 Saturday matches will be televised - so 7/8 will be moved for tv coverage 

Plus either the opening day or final day will be televised

That will leave 9/10 Saturday 3pm games (on average per club) that won’t be televised.

Looks like opening AND final days will be televised, plus Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter:

“All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One & Two during international breaks.”

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Looks like opening AND final days will be televised, plus Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter:

“All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One & Two during international breaks.”

Ta, didn’t read that bit.  So that’s 4 more games not classed as “midweek”! Eek.

Even if the club don’t do anything with prices, I hope they make reference to this in their season ticket FAQ as a minimum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, didn’t read that bit.  So that’s 4 more games not classed as “midweek”! Eek.

Even if the club don’t do anything with prices, I hope they make reference to this in their season ticket FAQ as a minimum.

Yep. Even if season ticket sales hold up, I would think there will be more empty seats, ie people choose not to attend all 23 matches because the time is not 3pm on a Saturday, or because it is harder for people to get to evening or bank hol matches and now all on TV. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yep. Even if season ticket sales hold up, I would think there will be more empty seats, ie people choose not to attend all 23 matches because the time is not 3pm on a Saturday, or because it is harder for people to get to evening or bank hol matches and now all on TV. 

Especially when it costs £350 for a parking season ticket and not being able to make games makes that expensive per game. 

2 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

We’ve been here before, people saying they won’t renew, then we get a record number of season ticket holders the following season and The Lansdowns sit back and think all is rosey. When Pearson got sacked there was outrage but no one made a sound about it a few days later at Ashton Gate against Sheff Wednesday 

Fans renewed because they all believed in Pearson. No one believes in this lot nowadays. A season is a long time in football. Just look at the empty seats recently.

• Like 5

Just now, The Coach said:

Dish up absolute dross while having the most unpopular head coach and technical director present at the club. But up the price. Class

Plus use those folks on the poster to seal the deal 🙄

• Like 1

So, headlines are:

- Price rise of between c5% (Dolman) and c10% (South)

- Ramping up of U12 prices in South Stand which will please some

- No mention of the TV issue

- Again, total tin eared PR with Tinnion and Manning front and centre. It’s not Fred and Rose, but…,

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Key dates here:

I’d urge everyone, even if they are renewing, to not do so until the last possible minute before the deadline. We’re kind of prisoners to this shitshow but it’s better the money is in your account until 23rd April than theirs and it’s the only small protest we have!

IMG_2734.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it is a bit scary, reminds me of David McCallum in some war film

My initial thought was Vicar. I know we need prayers, but still🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

71 pound increase for 2 x season ticket. Adult and u19 in south stand. Seems quite a rise

In % terms that is (South Stand)

Adult- 10.39%

U19- 23.84%

Taken as a whole.

14.66%

Rounding may move the dial up or down 0.01%, but anyway.

• Like 1

I shall wait to see how this new EFL TV Deal effects our fixtures I am not interested in Friday Night, Sat midday, Saturday 5pm or Sunday Fixtures I dont want to pay over £500 to miss half of the matches

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, headlines are:

- Again, total tin eared PR with Tinnion and Manning front and centre. It’s not Fred and Rose, but…,

So for adult tickets, percentage increases are as follows:

Lansdown Family: £375 > £390 = +4.0%

South Stand:          £385 > £425 = +10.4%
Dolman Wings:       £465 > £485 = +4.3%
Dolman Centre:      £560 > £585 = +4.5%
Lansdown Wings:   £560 > £585 = +4.5%
Lansdown Centre:   £675 > £700 = + 3.7%

South stand tickets have increased by more than double in comparison to any other area in the stadium - how come?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, headlines are:

Image.thumb.jpeg.544f82b2e3ce33811fc79c2003c516d5.jpeg

added price increases in red.

u12 South stand the big jumper!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

So for adult tickets, percentage increases are as follows:

Lansdown Family: £375 > £390 = +4.0%

South Stand:          £385 > £425 = +10.4%
Dolman Wings:       £465 > £485 = +4.3%
Dolman Centre:      £560 > £585 = +4.5%
Lansdown Wings:   £560 > £585 = +4.5%
Lansdown Centre:   £675 > £700 = + 3.7%

South stand tickets have increased by more than double in comparison to any other area in the stadium - how come?

that's a bit steep!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it is a bit scary, reminds me of David McCallum in some war film

Good call.

I'm thinking 'Sapphire & Steel'.

Which must mean BT is Joanna Lumley playing Sapphire.

• Haha 1

I can understand that prices need to go up with rising costs etc, and they have been pretty reasonable for years now.

It does feel like a kick in the knackers though. My 3 tickets will go up £100.  Terrible football which is getting worse, best players sold year after year (Conway most likely to be the latest), lesser replacements coming in with a manager (or ‘head coach’) who is learning on the job… Doesn’t exactly feel fantastic does it?

I’ll most likely renew but I’ll hold my nose when I do it, and will only do so because I like seeing my mates. The thought of the actual football makes me shiver a bit to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

Everyone who currently has a Season Ticket in the South Stand will be able to renew.

How are the club (a Community Club let us not forget) justifying a 10% increase for those in the cheapest seats and a near 50% increase for kids with the current cost of living crisis?  Nothing in the email. Just pretending it’s not happening?  

• Like 5

I will renew, the last season of unconditional renewal for me. Five or six years of uninspiring football and treading water is plenty and it's time to make it all a bit more entertaining imo. Time for "Customer" mode now!! I've only stayed for 130 minutes in the last two home games as it is........but if Liam can get his players in, do some work on the grass and make the football worth watching then happy days for all.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

How are the club (a Community Club let us not forget) justifying a 10% increase for those in the cheapest seats and a near 50% increase for kids with the current cost of living crisis?  Nothing in the email. Just pretending it’s not happening?  

Unfortunately it's probably because of selfish gits who buy a kids season ticket so they don't have to sit next to anyone bar the two or three games the kid turns up.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

Looks like they are trying to get kids/families into the upper tier of the Lansdown. I've seen a few posts this season saying there is very little pay on the day in the South Stand.

Reckon they are possibly trying to redress that?

Yes they've said that's exactly what they're doing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

As far as I'm aware it's because of the number of people buying u12 Season Tickets in the South Stand and then not using them.

The South Stand has apparently been at less than 60% capacity this season despite being 'sold out' every match. This is the best way the club could think of to change that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Unfortunately it's probably because of selfish gits who buy a kids season ticket so they don't have to sit next to anyone bar the two or three games the kid turns up.

So youll get a load of kids who wont go to games now instead of 5/6/10 times a season. Genius 

• Like 3