IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

26 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Crazy to have lumped the “singing section” in with the rest of the South Stand on this decision. Swansea game aside, those blocks are full every week and the club are well aware that demand far exceeds capacity.

No upside to having general sale tickets available there, and it will only cause further issues with people buying tickets to sit in their correct seat unaware it is unreserved. Blocks S25-S27 should absolutely be made available to move into during the seat move period for any fans that don’t renew.

I didn’t think about that, I get very annoyed when it’s big cup games and I have to tell people to move out the spot I’ve been standing in for years now, regardless of where my season card seat is I have no idea. 

Then you get some bloke who I’ve never seen before waving his ticket saying it’s his seat etc. 

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So, this season we've had 4 midweek home games, 2 bank holiday games leaving 17 weekend games left.

the Preston home game would have been streamed live which means we had 16 'standard' home games, 32 overall.

So, the Average games moved per team = 5x32/12= 13.333.

Each team is guaranteed 23 games apparently so the minimum moved is 9, maximum could be loads for the likes of Leeds etc.

Now, thinking about this season, we had 5 games moved for various reasons.

Leeds -Sky

Swansea- clash with Rovers/police

Cardiff - Police

Hull - commercial/ scheduling reasons

Norwich - clash with Rugby 

Now, I'm presuming Sky will be less precious about when games are played and which ones are chosen as it's 5 per week with 3 of these streamed rather than being in the TV.   I imagine that everyone of those 5  would have been covered under the new deal anyhow if the kick off had to be moved anyway.

Basically, my point is we are already messed about and in reality won't see too much of a difference.  

True.

Although maybe we will still get SAG and Rugby changes on top! 😮😮😮

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

True.

Although maybe we will still get SAG and Rugby changes on top! 😮😮😮

I don't think so. Think there has to be a minimum number of games at 3pm Saturday. 

They will probably publish initial fixtures then once Rugby Union and league (Hull) fixtures are known and clubs and Police forces have been asked will move games.

Can't believe Sky will be too precious about particular games.  Derby matches are guaranteed to be chosen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Don’t bank on it. That’s the best case scenario. Is more likely to be a relegation battle I reckon.

The increase in ticket sales is minimal,about £1.80 per match , what can you buy for £1.80 not a lot . If season tickets are not renewed and low and behold the team reach the promise land you’ve got no chance of a ticket for prem football, long shot I know but come on you either support this club or not , would you be happy with 10% discount on season tickets and no investment in players ! 

• Facepalm 2

33 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Probably fantasy, as I kind of mentioned in my last post on this thread. 

Point regardless is that one of the wealthiest groups in our society get a pretty easy ride and mostly have done for their entire go round, whilst working people today struggle. 

Long term ST holders should definitely get a reduced fee, but not because they happen to be retirement age. It ends up being unfair and uneuitable.

You’re doing a lot of generalisation in labelling pensioners as ‘one of the wealthiest groups in society’ and also not sure where their ‘pretty easy ride’ has come from either.

Sure there are some who are well off, as there are people in every area of society, but there are plenty of pensioners who struggle to make ends meet, especially as many can have failing health issues to add to their problems too.

Don’t forget most pensioners have had around 50 years paying taxes and National Insurance, so aren’t exactly getting something for nothing.

• Like 4

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

You’re doing a lot of generalisation in labelling pensioners as ‘one of the wealthiest groups in society’ and also not sure where their ‘pretty easy ride’ has come from either.

Sure there are some who are well off, as there are people in every area of society, but there are plenty of pensioners who struggle to make ends meet, especially as many can have failing health issues to add to their problems too.

Don’t forget most pensioners have had around 50 years paying taxes and National Insurance, so aren’t exactly getting something for nothing.

Well said.

Im oap and could afford full price.

Plenty have just a state pension to live on so they definitely dont get an easy ride compared to other sections of society.

A means test would probably be a no no however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I agree, even though I’m heading towards that stage of life at what seems a rapid rate.

It would be important to look after those olduns that are struggling financially though, of which I’m sure there’s loads in south Bristol alone. 

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I manage a gym right now for work and this is so spot on. Pensioners get a discounted rate and are the ONLY group that moan about the fees. They pay around 250 bob less per annum than someone in their early 20s. This group complains the most, is dissatisfied with immaterial somethings the most, and it is truly remarkable that those in that bracket have so many benefits living in the UK, yet still find so much to bemoan (in my opinion). This gym is in a rather well off area and many elder members are extremely wealthy, I know for a fact from conversations with them. Chris Martin is also a regular as it goes. 

Rather than it being a flat rate for seniors, it should definitely be a discounted rate for years of service following the club. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Completely agree - the group they need to nail down are the 18-30 group. That’s a group of people who are going without parents, and eventually become/will become parents that will introduce their own children to the club.

They have been really rough hand - and don’t have the disposable income lots of pensioners do. They do an awful lot for young kids and pensioners - but not much for young adults.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Of course I agree with the thrust of your post. I uoted @ChippenhamRed who made the case about how the flat rate for discounts for pensioners is a bit silly considering the economic situation of the country. 

I do also meet every day pensioners who struggle to pay bills and struggle to pay for gym membership, where being able to offer a discount is a delight, and I do feel proud to give those people a realistically very good price to use a gym and pool. 

I think we agree that the 60+ group deserve something from their eternal support of a shit football team, and a discount to ST prices is absolutely reasonable. I just think it should be built as a percentage from how many years you've had a ST (surely the club will have this data)?

Thanks for refreshingly grown up responses to the OAP discount issue. I mentioned similar on twitter and got some utter nonsense thrown back at me by people who seem think someone born in 1955 fought in the war or something.

Pensioner discount definitely needs to be revised to reflect loyalty rather than simply age. My Dad - with no mortgage, a final salary pension, plenty of savings and a house worth about twenty times what he paid for it - really doesn’t need a discount more than your average 20-something faced with huge rent and often little prospect of buying their own home. The world has changed.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

When you’re talking about a huge sectors of society based solely on their age, then generalisation is unavoidable and appropriate. And it is absolutely and demonstrably true that they are one of the wealthiest groups in society - see the chart below.

The “easy ride” refers to the fact that today’s pensioners are not survivors of the war. They are baby boomers. They have benefitted from affordable housing and the house price boom that is so crippling for younger generations now. They could raise a family on a single income when now it takes two if you want to own a family home - and all the childcare costs that go with that. They were able to go to university for free, rather than leave with enormous debt. Many of them have final salary pensions and will likely have retired younger than today’s working population.

Yes, it is true to say that not all pensioners are wealthy and many struggle. But that is the case across all age groups. And it absolutely true - in broad terms - to say that pensioners are the wealthiest group in a society.

4A1CA629-9347-48ED-ADBF-0B82BF6DA224.jpeg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Hate to ruin your argument but it’s almost nobody pays National Insurance for 50 years - it’s almost impossible.
Even if you started work at 15 and retired at 65!

It’s not paid once you retire, or when you earn small amounts after leaving school many, many years ago as you would be below the threshold!

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

The increase in ticket sales is minimal,about £1.80 per match , what can you buy for £1.80 not a lot . If season tickets are not renewed and low and behold the team reach the promise land you’ve got no chance of a ticket for prem football, long shot I know but come on you either support this club or not , would you be happy with 10% discount on season tickets and no investment in players ! 

Investment in players you mean lower league players? Of which 3 have already been signed. 10% increase that's alot if your buying more than one it's adds up and to watch utter garbage it's not exactly a bargain.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Street red said:

Investment in players you mean lower league players? Of which 3 have already been signed. 10% increase that's alot if your buying more than one it's adds up and to watch utter garbage it's not exactly a bargain.

Tbh one of them has good Championship experience already from a Cat 1 Academy in Bird. Yet is only 23, soon 24 so room for growth.

Bird and Knight together again, quite happy with that.

Murphy, Stokes have much more to prove given the levels they came in from.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Price rises seem fair to me, no more than inflation especially if you take a two year comparison to 2022/23 prices.

I wholly support the 10% uplift in the South Stand and non attending season ticket holders are the ones to blame. Hopefully groups can now purchase individual match tickets in there and the Stand will be full again

Also agree that 'OAP' discount is an outdated concept but that is countrywide and not just related to BCFC

Tinnion and some others on the flyer is very weird, more nonsense from the club

• Like 3

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

Also just thinking about it. City have not made a single attempt to regain my business. I can't go a day after cancelling one of the millions of subscriptions I have without someone calling or emailing me offering me allsorts of discounts/incentives to come back (and I often do).

City just just don't ******* care I swear.

• Flames 6

A club that was united 6 months ago has been ripped apart by the idiots running this club. This increase is just another wedge between the fans and the people who run this club. Steve Lansdown, your idiot son, Tinnion, Gavin Marshall please **** off.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

When you’re talking about a huge sectors of society based solely on their age, then generalisation is unavoidable and appropriate. And it is absolutely and demonstrably true that they are one of the wealthiest groups in society - see the chart below.

The “easy ride” refers to the fact that today’s pensioners are not survivors of the war. They are baby boomers. They have benefitted from affordable housing and the house price boom

Have you ever heard of inflation? House prices are relative and what may appear to be affordable housing, looking back from the present day,  certainly didn’t feel like it at the time, when you look at what people were actually earning then.  Do you also realise that interest rates on mortgage repayments reached 15% at one point, meaning you were repaying the price of your house approximately every six and a half years.  House prices are dictated by supply and demand and if people aren’t buying, the prices will reduce to a point where people start buying again.

that is so crippling for younger generations now. They could raise a family on a single income when now it takes two if you want to own a family home - and all the childcare costs that go with that.

My wife and I are in our mid 60’s and we certainly couldn’t manage on one wage.  We had to shop around at various building societies to find one who would offer enough of a mortgage using our combined wages to get the mortgage we needed, which we subsequently had to pay back several times over due to high interest rates.  We had grandparents helping out with childcare and school runs, which we’re now repaying with our grandchildren.  It’s all part of the cycle of life.

They were able to go to university for free, rather than leave with enormous debt.

Sure, some benefitted from that, but many didn’t, as there was more value given to in-job training  Many left school and went straight into apprenticeships, on piss poor money for a few years, then went into the job they’d actually trained for.  Nobody forces people go go to uni nowadays, but how many choose uni, then come out with debts and degrees for something, and then find there’s no career out there requiring that degree?  

Many of them have final salary pensions and will likely have retired younger than today’s working population.

Another massive generalisation.  SOME have final salary pensions, but there are plenty who don’t have that luxury and find themselves stuck on basic state pensions.

Yes, it is true to say that not all pensioners are wealthy and many struggle. But that is the case across all age groups. And it absolutely true - in broad terms - to say that pensioners are the wealthiest group in a society.

4A1CA629-9347-48ED-ADBF-0B82BF6DA224.jpeg

So in summary, I think we are in an age where people like to rewrite history and if enough young people convince themselves that current pensioners had it so easy then it must be true, when that was actually far from the truth in most cases

Payback time will come when they themselves reach pension age and the next generation of young ‘uns are telling them that THEY had it so easy!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Hate to ruin your argument but it’s almost nobody pays National Insurance for 50 years - it’s almost impossible.

It’s not paid once you retire, or when you earn small amounts after leaving school many, many years ago as you would be below the threshold!

Yep, fair comment there DT and probably more like 45 years NI.

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Fair play to you. I've seen your posts on OTIB for a while about staying away and you were ahead of the curve I have to say.. 

I won't be renewing for 2024/25, not because of the money but out of protest to how the club is being run. 

I preferred the old Ashton Gate too and find the overall matchday experience now very watered down and dull. I think this is what the fat cats wanted and have no ambition for us to really kick on.

Hopefully they sell up soon and things change.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sure it’s been said before but TInnion on the renewal marketing is bizarre and undoubtedly clear disrespect to us fans. Time will tell how much we will stomach - my feeling is that sales will be very slow as we may have gone over a tipping point of contempt towards us. Maybe it has been this bad before but it doesn’t feel like that right now. I feel disgust at the club- ashamed to be a city fan. So many lies, so much disrespect. Such a glaring lack of ambition. It’s only going one way next season. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Fair play to you. I've seen your posts on OTIB for a while about staying away and you were ahead of the curve I have to say.. 

I won't be renewing for 2024/25, not because of the money but out of protest to how the club is being run. 

I preferred the old Ashton Gate too and find the overall matchday experience now very watered down and dull. I think this is what the fat cats wanted and have no ambition for us to really kick on.

Hopefully they sell up soon and things change.

If anything I was a few seasons late. Dean Holden should have been my exit route, but I hung on thinking they'd not do anything like that again ... (they ******* did 😂)

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Sure it’s been said before but TInnion on the renewal marketing is bizarre and undoubtedly clear disrespect to us fans. Time will tell how much we will stomach - my feeling is that sales will be very slow as we may have gone over a tipping point of contempt towards us. Maybe it has been this bad before but it doesn’t feel like that right now. I feel disgust at the club- ashamed to be a city fan. So many lies, so much disrespect. Such a glaring lack of ambition. It’s only going one way next season. 

Is it clear disrespect or are they well, well out of touch? Isn't good either way of course..

Lack of ambition, a fair point but a fair question would be how much do you want spending, how exactly do we quantify the correct level of ambition in 2024-25?

8 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's an incredibly strange choice of image.

7 people in the photo, only one of which is a current first team player. Is it normal to have a big picture of the club's technical director on such a post?

Surely the club know that Tinnion and Manning are relatively unpopular figures within the fanbase right now, so why make them so prominent in the advert? We seem to have used this as an opportunity to double-down on a couple of unpopular appointments.

Very odd.

That’s the arrogance of the club at the minute. As I said before, they look at us as a nuisance 

The ego on Tinnion to allow his mug on there. Could you imagine the laugh we would have if Mark Ashton was on the Ipswich photo 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That’s where I am at now. Season ticket holder for 29 years - have often threatened to cancel but it’s hard to let go when you have done something for so long. It’s something I’ve always continued for the sake of my dad as it’s something we have always done together .

Ive not been to a game for a while now though and have not missed it at all

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

They can poke their season ticket..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

So in summary, I think we are in an age where people like to rewrite history and if enough young people convince themselves that current pensioners had it so easy then it must be true, when that was actually far from the truth in most cases

Payback time will come when they themselves reach pension age and the next generation of young ‘uns are telling them that THEY had it so easy!!!

True,

My dad doesn't earn anywhere near what I do and he's a pensioner,

Like with the youth, not all are lazy, like with the middle class, not all are tory voters and like with the old, not all have money to burn,

If it ain't broke don't fix it, if anything we should reinstate student prices

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

That’s the arrogance of the club at the minute. As I said before, they look at us as a nuisance 

The ego on Tinnion to allow his mug on there. Could you imagine the laugh we would have if Mark Ashton was on the Ipswich photo 

I take it you haven’t seen the new statue of Mark Ashton  just outside Ipswich main entrance

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Also just thinking about it. City have not made a single attempt to regain my business. I can't go a day after cancelling one of the millions of subscriptions I have without someone calling or emailing me offering me allsorts of discounts/incentives to come back (and I often do).

City just just don't ******* care I swear.

Agreed. They should have players calling those who don't renew; a personal touch would go a long, long way. 

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it clear disrespect or are they well, well out of touch? Isn't good either way of course..

Lack of ambition, a fair point but a fair question would be how much do you want spending, how exactly do we quantify the correct level of ambition in 2024-25?

I think it's a combination of both Pops. 

In terms of ambition I'd say as much as Lansclown can afford (which is a lot) & staying within ffp rules. 

That's what any ambitious owner would surely be doing if they wanted promotion as they keep saying. Optimise your chances.

Of course you need competent people to spend the money & manage the footballing side & that's obviously another problem.

So yes arrogance & incompetence probably in equal measure or thereabouts 🤡

• Like 2

Just now, JAWS said:

I think it's a combination of both Pops. 

In terms of ambition I'd say as much as Lansclown can afford (which is a lot) & staying within ffp rules. 

That's what any ambitious owner would surely be doing if they wanted promotion as they keep saying. Optimise your chances.

Of course you need competent people to spend the money & manage the footballing side & that's obviously another problem.

So yes arrogance & incompetence probably in equal measure or thereabouts 🤡

Richard Gould & NP combo looked to have cracked it! If only they were still here 😪 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Agreed. They should have players calling those who don't renew; a personal touch would go a long, long way. 

They used to? 

Which I find myself saying a lot lately.

They used to have decent & well priced food and drink

The rewards scheme used to be good

The stewards used to know what they were doing 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Joe Williams threatening a 2 footed tackle for non renewal is probably the best bet.

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Director.

Edited by TDarwall
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They used to? 

Which I find myself saying a lot lately.

They used to have decent & well priced food and drink

The rewards scheme used to be good

The stewards used to know what they were doing 

I'm not sure if they used to. 

5 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Joe Williams threatening a 2 footed tackle for non renewal is probably the best bet.

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Director.

It would have to be players and not the management team or hierarchy.

Imagine a marquee, statement signing and then him phoning up non-renewals. 

8 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Ah yes, the old “but interest rates were 15%” argument.

They were, but it was 15% on a much smaller sum relative to incomes. The table below shows the effective interest rate over the past few decades when taking that into consideration. What it means is that today’s interest rates are now a very similar financial burden on homeowners to that 15% peak. And that’s on top of the cost of living crisis.

I am not pretending for one second that all pensioners are rich. And indeed every generation faces its challenges. But nothing I have said “rewrites history”, and it remains undeniable that - overall - wealth distribution in the UK today is skewed towards older generations - which is why a broad-brush discount for OAPs is so outdated.

ACB7A9DD-2B33-47C8-9A79-CF115FB56DDD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

This is also a good one.

IMG_8461.jpeg

Yep. I’m 40 now and feel fortunate that my wife and I were just about able to afford our first house back in 2007 - based on a joint income - and have just about managed to climb the ladder since. But it’s even worse now and just impossible for many young people today.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

It would have to be players and not the management team or hierarchy.

Imagine a marquee, statement signing and then him phoning up non-renewals. 

Second paragraph not ever going to happen unless they consider a League one player as a marquee signing.

45 minutes ago, TDarwall said:
45 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Direct

“Hi there it’s Liam. Look I know the process of renewing season tickets is a bit cat and mouse and I understand the behaviour of not renewing but my phones been red hot with people telling me how we’ve been good for 19 of 20 games. I understand you may be following a process but three weeks ago everything was great and there’s only so much me I can do - i can’t do anything to change things once this call starts. But I’d like you to know that Pat Mountain did a great job setting up this call, and I think that’s the biggest bit. Hello? Hello?”

”Hi it’s Brian. THIRTY YEARS. SOUTHAMPTON!”

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 9
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, DSTAF said:

I'm not sure if they used to. 

They did. I was late renewing one year and received a phone call from the club saying they were sorry I hadn't renewed, was there any particular reason, and it would be very much appreciated it if I did.

If they don't still do this they should, it makes a big difference as a fan to know that they actually care whether you're there or not, and many will be persuaded by a personal touch.

I can't find the link but I think it was Forest a few years ago who contacted lapsed STH's, a very large number at the time, offering them a free match ticket. They were very much talking about reinvigorating a love affair iirc, saying really wanted them back and the free ticket was an opportunity for these fans to get back in the ground and, hopefully, get that love for their club back.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ah yes, the old “but interest rates were 15%” argument.

They were, but it was 15% on a much smaller sum relative to incomes. The table below shows the effective interest rate over the past few decades when taking that into consideration. What it means is that today’s interest rates are now a very similar financial burden on homeowners to that 15% peak. And that’s on top of the cost of living crisis.

I am not pretending for one second that all pensioners are rich. And indeed every generation faces its challenges. But nothing I have said “rewrites history”, and it remains undeniable that - overall - wealth distribution in the UK today is skewed towards older generations - which is why a broad-brush discount for OAPs is so outdated.

ACB7A9DD-2B33-47C8-9A79-CF115FB56DDD.jpeg

It's fine to say it's outdated but how do you introduce something that benefits people who need it,

I dont mind tearing a system down but you need ti offer something to replace it

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Not sure about the head coach, after a while I can see the conversation going “ok I concede, I’ll renew just to stop listening to your psychobabble”.

Edited by GrahamC

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

One thought that’s just come to me is the “combination” effect. Work it through:

- The prices for younger supporters have increased in the South Stand by more than anywhere else

- However, fans can move to the family area and the cost is less

- For fans who do move from the SS their ST seat won’t be resold and become POTD

- Logic tells me that people in the family area will want to move - typically on or before the kids hitting senior school age

- HOWEVER (and this is the key bit), they are now unable to move to the South Stand - even if they were there before 

- So, this means that as families get to an age where the family section is no longer appropriate they must get season tickets in THE MORE EXPENSIVE PARTS OF THE GROUND

- Which gives a double effect. Those in the SS with current season tickets really don’t have the option to move - or they’ll never get back and have to move to ever expensive seats. And new fans either have to go POTD or go to more expensive seats

If it’s indented, fair play it’s Machiavellian but an arse move. If it’s not (and I don’t think they’re smart enough to forward think income streams), it really shits on the fans who can afford it least. 

I moved to the Lansdown mid season because I needed to move seats and there wasn't any suitable in the SS. 

I was hoping to move back to the SS for next season but now I can't so that's me giving my season ticket up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I moved to the Lansdown mid season because I needed to move seats and there wasn't any suitable in the SS. 

I was hoping to move back to the SS for next season but now I can't so that's me giving my season ticket up. 

There might be some in SS who are not renewing? I don't see why you couldn't take theirs?

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There might be some in SS who are not renewing? I don't see why you couldn't take theirs?

Jerrys already confirmed any seats given up won’t be released for resale for new ST sales/movers.

Again, I wonder if the long term intent is to limit sales in the SS to more POTD and move season tickets to more expensive areas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jerrys already confirmed any seats given up won’t be released for resale for new ST sales/movers.

Again, I wonder if the long term intent is to limit sales in the SS to more POTD and move season tickets to more expensive areas.

I go to the gym. 50 quid a month so less than my season tickets cost me.

I can go and have use of the gym whenever I want. Use of the swimming pool, use of the sauna and steam room and hydro pool. 

And yet 4 hours of Championship football a month costs more plus it comes with associated travel costs etc. 

And here's them wanting to shift us to more expensive areas 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's the ultimate piss take. Charge is more to watch the shit show that they have created. 

I'll wait til were back in League One, because thats the way we are heading. They'll be desperate to let me and others have a SS season ticket then. 

They have totally read the room wrong on this. 

• Like 6

For reasons on and off the pitch, over the last six months I have become increasingly disillusioned with the club. This feeling is on the backdrop of the arrogance and poor senior management decision making, lack of entertainment and overall regression on the pitch, zero transparency, the downright lies and seeing the horrible ar$e covering propaganda machine in full flow etc.

Then on top, they hit me with a +10% increase in my SS seat for good measure.

I'm now thinking I'm not going to renew. Trust me, this thought would have been unthinkable just six months ago and it's astonishing how they have somehow managed to push me into even thinking this.

They are literally giving me no reason or incentive to change my mind or train of thought - nothing.

In addition, with the new TV deal and many games subject to being moved, I think I'll just pick and choose odd games to attend instead.

It really is a crying shame, but I doubt they'll be bothered or lose any sleep over it.

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's fine to say it's outdated but how do you introduce something that benefits people who need it,

I dont mind tearing a system down but you need ti offer something to replace it

Further up I proposed a loyalty discount increasing each year. That would be one measure.

The fairest way would probably be a discount for those on government benefits, but I’m not sure if that could realistically be implemented. It’s the only real way to identify those who need the help, although some might argue it’s not a reasonable threshold.

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I want to sit behind the goal. Happy Anger GIF by DINOSALLY

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I go to the gym. 50 quid a month so less than my season tickets cost me.

I can go and have use of the gym whenever I want. Use of the swimming pool, use of the sauna and steam room and hydro pool. 

And yet 4 hours of Championship football a month costs more plus it comes with associated travel costs etc. 

And here's them wanting to shift us to more expensive areas 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's the ultimate piss take. Charge is more to watch the shit show that they have created. 

I'll wait til were back in League One, because thats the way we are heading. They'll be desperate to let me and others have a SS season ticket then. 

The gym just isn’t a fair comparison. It’s not entertainment, it’s just access to facilities. They’re just totally different things.

I’m not defending the price increases but the comparisons have to be reasonable.

How much would it cost to go to four hours of live music a month at the equivalent professional level? Four hours of theatre? Four hours of another sport?

• Like 4

The more you think about the SS not selling any more season tickets the more nuts it seems. You could have a group of mates all with STs and then another couple of their friends decide they like the atmosphere in there so want to come along - and we’re putting a stop to that? I get an overall cap on STs, I get (although may not agree) with the kids price increase but actively reducing the number of season tickets in the SS seems counter productive on so many levels.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

For reasons on and off the pitch, over the last six months I have become increasingly disillusioned with the club. This feeling is on the backdrop of the arrogance and poor senior management decision making, lack of entertainment and overall regression on the pitch, zero transparency, the downright lies and seeing the horrible ar$e covering propaganda machine in full flow etc.

I'm now thinking I'm not going to renew. Trust me, this thought would have been unthinkable just six months ago and it's astonishing how they have somehow managed to push me into even thinking this.

They are literally giving me no reason or incentive to change my mind or train of thought - nothing.

In addition, with the new TV deal and many games subject to being moved, I think I'll just pick and choose odd games to attend instead.

It really is a crying shame, but I doubt they'll be bothered or lose any sleep over it.

You and me both. If Nige was still here I definitely would have renewed but not now. Hierarchy doesn't deserve it.

So that's season ticket plus parking, but as you say, they won't give a toss...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

well yes…but surely the supporters trusts across the UK can raise the issue?

For anyone that doesn't know all supporters clubs are basically under the umbrella of the Football Supporters Association (FSA) they are most definitely banging the defensive drum for football clubs not only at meetings but on a legal basis too

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve had a cull this week, very satisfying.  So much better without “agitators” - although I have a much more unpleasant word to describe them with!  

Is there anyone left?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I have just completed enough years (42) of National Insurance contributions to get a full state pension when/if  I reach 67.

If I continue to work, I will still pay National Insurance but it won't get me any more in my pension.

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They won't reduce the prices though

Edited by Bob Taylor is GOD

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The gym just isn’t a fair comparison. It’s not entertainment, it’s just access to facilities. They’re just totally different things.

I’m not defending the price increases but the comparisons have to be reasonable.

How much would it cost to go to four hours of live music a month at the equivalent professional level? Four hours of theatre? Four hours of another sport?

I suppose it depends on the person. 

I feel far more entertained at the gym than watching us play 🤣🤣

It is my comparison on my own personal circumstances. For me the tipping point has been reached. 

You can go to pubs etc and watch bands play for free. But yes professional live music is expensive. 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The more you think about the SS not selling any more season tickets the more nuts it seems. You could have a group of mates all with STs and then another couple of their friends decide they like the atmosphere in there so want to come along - and we’re putting a stop to that? I get an overall cap on STs, I get (although may not agree) with the kids price increase but actively reducing the number of season tickets in the SS seems counter productive on so many levels.

Like I said earlier in the thread apart from 5/6 games a season the South stand will be hilariously empty

43 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

Not bothered? Lose sleep? What they would have done is a calculation on an assumed drop in ST sales and then increased the prices accordingly to cover for the amount of income they need. Of course, should the drop off be larger than expected that causes a problem. Do they care about you indvidually? No, of course not. In fact I would wager that they see "fans" as a necessary evil and THAT INCLUDES the ones who reckon the club can do no wrong.

It's toss of a coin for me how this all ends. This time next year the club will either have a cigar on or be up shit creek without a paddle. That's the hand Jon and Sid have played.

• Like 4

I do wonder, should season tickets drop from 13k - 10k (worst case), whether that £1m drop in revenue they will be particularly bothered about? Increase TV showings and other areas of Ashton Gate doing well, hospitality wise and the odd player sale - is a drop in the ocean, over a financial year its £83k PCM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I do wonder, should season tickets drop from 13k - 10k (worst case), whether that £1m drop in revenue they will be particularly bothered about? Increase TV showings and other areas of Ashton Gate doing well, hospitality wise and the odd player sale - is a drop in the ocean, over a financial year its £83k PCM.

Even accepting your worst case (it won't be close imo) all you will hear is some flippant comment from somebody in the hierarchy, maybe even the Owner himself based on past performance, questioning whether "Bristol wants top level football".................part of the drop has has been clawed back by increasing prices anyway. They could probably lose 1K ST holders and not even suffer a drop in revenue.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair comment.

2nd division rugby sitting alongside the pitch £275 ST.

About 16 quid per game to sit in their "Lansdown".

Coventry btw.