IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

15 minutes ago, eardun said:

Talking of season tickets…

A City season ticket from 1897-98. Brilliant that this still exists. 

That's fantastic - I wonder whose names have been redacted under the directors information though - anyone else got theirs at home they can check?

55 minutes ago, eardun said:

Love that. 

On the 27th November we had a home game against Tottenham and then on the 27th December, we were away to Warmley 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2024 at 09:13, eardun said:

Love it.

Seems a bit OTT to be redacting something (personal information I guess) from a ticket that is nearly 130 years old though.

Edited by Sleepy1968

22 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Interesting. Speaking to my mate who supports Inter earlier and they have two different types of ST.

The cheapest is a standard ST which is linked to your name and so only you can use.

The other more expensive offer is a ST which you can resell to other fans. 

As Inter sell-out the San Siro I assume you can resell tickets at quite a high value and make your money back and more. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He's been pointing this out for a while now.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we get there - some of the younger members of the forum will have to organise a séance to let the rest of us know.

• Haha 9

On 24/05/2024 at 10:11, Betty Swallocks said:

Love that. 

On the 27th November we had a home game against Tottenham and then on the 27th December, we were away to Warmley 😂

Warmley had a brief period where they were fairly large for a football club, at least regionally- not sure why they folded, though I think the story is online somewhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

According to the Bristol Post the club has confirmed we've sold just over 13,500 season tickets. How does this compare to last season?

About the same iirc.

8 hours ago, Pearcy said:

According to the Bristol Post the club has confirmed we've sold just over 13,500 season tickets. How does this compare to last season?

I thought it was 14,500 last season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I think that was with half season tickets sold in december/January as well

Even so, compared to those who were ST holders (of any kind) at the end of last season, it would be approximately 1,000 down. Given the strength of feeling over how Pearson's departure was handled, that's actually a little bit better than I expected

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, semblar said:

Even so, compared to those who were ST holders (of any kind) at the end of last season, it would be approximately 1,000 down. Given the strength of feeling over how Pearson's departure was handled, that's actually a little bit better than I expected

I think the end of season run Liam put together convinced quite a few to renew. I always thought we would be hundreds down rather than thousands but if the hierarchy believe they are out of the woods now that is dangerous thinking. I reckon there’s a good 2-3k of those that have renewed who could quite easily tell Jon and Brian to eff of in 12 months time if things go Southerly.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Can we have a little positivity on here please 13-14 k season tickets sold is good and if we get a good first half season the half season ticket at Christmas will fly out , I predict after Xmas 16000 season ticket holders COYR 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

If we're only about 1k down on last season's final figures that's much better than I expected or predicted on here.

However it's not just the overall numbers that matter but how many of those not renewing are full paying adults.

The table below, with the total number of STH's divided into age groups, is taken from earlier in the thread but bears repeating as it showed a season by season decline in adult sales.

image.png.8c67176fb9a1a75bd0bb2ce7d9a9348b.png 

So not only are the number of full paying adults in decline but those who don't pay anything - carers, complimentary, staff complimentary and staff upgrade (total 698!) are on the rise and included in ST numbers.

It obviously makes a significant difference to the club financially whether the majority of those not renewing are full paying adults or, e.g. u.12's, so it would be very interesting to see this year's figures.

On 27/05/2024 at 19:53, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting. Speaking to my mate who supports Inter earlier and they have two different types of ST.

The cheapest is a standard ST which is linked to your name and so only you can use.

The other more expensive offer is a ST which you can resell to other fans. 

As Inter sell-out the San Siro I assume you can resell tickets at quite a high value and make your money back and more. 

Going back some years I stayed in Asti a few times, and travelled on the coach with the Juventus Club Asti to watch a Juventus game in Turin. At that time Juventus would sell season tickets that simply had the Juventus Club name attached to them. So you could buy the coach travel and the use of a season ticket for just the one game.

Don’t Barcelona do something similar to that more expensive Inter ticket - but the resale has to be through the club, so they can control the price??

• Admin
On 20/06/2024 at 13:02, semblar said:

Corporate season tickets not included in the latest figures 

On 20/06/2024 at 13:35, SecretSam said:

I want to know where my damn membership has got to

Isn't it electronic? 

On 20/06/2024 at 13:35, SecretSam said:

I want to know where my damn membership has got to

Not sure if that was a 'couldn't find the option, or found the option and haven't had anything back', but they mention membership on the official site story about the fixture list (if that helps at all).

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks fella! My brother bought some mates rates tickets which has created a sit together issue. 

Best bet is to either contact Jerry directly or supporters services, they'll be able to resolve the issue. 

To be honest will probably be easier doing it verbally 

• Like 1

Just now, phantom said:

Best bet is to either contact Jerry directly or supporters services, they'll be able to resolve the issue. 

To be honest will probably be easier doing it verbally 

Gerry has always been super helpful and so have supporter services when I’ve called. 

• Robin 2

On 12/03/2024 at 16:32, Davefevs said:

IIRC there are 23 home games 😉

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

All (5) midweek will be broadcast (streaming service*)

5/12 Saturday matches will be televised - so 7/8 will be moved for tv coverage 

Plus either the opening day or final day will be televised

That will leave 9/10 Saturday 3pm games (on average per club) that won’t be televised.

With what we know now Dave I think your 9/10 games is slightly optimistic!

46 minutes ago, frenchred said:

With what we know now Dave I think your 9/10 games is slightly optimistic!

Seems we’ve had a disproportionate amount of home v away moved (6v3).  Only Preston have fared worse (6v2).

Will be worth monitoring.

One silver lining financially is that we will get a Facility Fee for being on the telly, and historically you got more as the home side.

IMG_1206.thumb.jpeg.2c15206ef68785d53c49f929928ef9cb.jpeg

Not sure what West Brom have done to get 15 games?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

Just got an e mail response from the club to advise that the e-cards should be e-mailed out by the 15th August . 48 hours before the Millwall game !!!! Let’s hope they don’t get any glitches then 🤞 Ridiculous to leave it that late ! 

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just got an e mail response from the club to advise that the e-cards should be e-mailed out by the 15th August . 48 hours before the Millwall game !!!! Let’s hope they don’t get any glitches then 🤞 Ridiculous to leave it that late ! 

I got my tickets to see The Killers at the O2 the day before the concert recently

re. the season ticket takeup. Did anyone read that book years back 'Why England Lose?'.

Pretty sure that had some interesting analysis about how much season ticket churn takes place year on year. In other words - the idea that 90% of season ticket holders in any single year are hardcore supporters who have been there for a decade plus is actually very wide of the mark. 

As a result I suspect the churn forecast on here to bring down numbers back around Easter is actually just the usual scenario of some people dropping away and new season ticket holders (presumably less likely to have an account on otib initially) coming on board. 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How far in advance were you wanting/expecting/needing the ticket.?!

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How far in advance were you wanting/expecting/needing the ticket.?!

Think you’re missing my point ! The point being that leaving despatch until 48 hours before the game leaves almost zero wiggle room in the event of a technical problem with the release and the inevitable handful that for what ever reason don’t receive them ! 

• Like 1

The phone system at Bristol Sport keeps dropping off. I have a problem with four seats for the first game, that they already have payment for but not ticket!

Anyway I have contacted supporter services by email and sent a note to Jerry. However whatever the club do is always a bloody mess and 100% agree as above the late release of tickets has fiasco written all over it again!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Anyone having issues with this?

I thought this wasn’t working because the digital season pass hadn’t been updated yet, but now that has been updated, I still can’t forward on my ticket; the option is greyed out when I try to select it. 

Talk us through what you are doing 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Talk us through what you are doing 

I know how to do it, having done it last season. But for some reason it’s not working yet this season. 
having selected the ticket to forward, I then click ‘forward ticket’ and then when the new window opens with the selected ticket details, the option to forward the ticket is greyed out. 

8 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I know how to do it, having done it last season. But for some reason it’s not working yet this season. 
having selected the ticket to forward, I then click ‘forward ticket’ and then when the new window opens with the selected ticket details, the option to forward the ticket is greyed out. 

I had this last week and thought it was an issue worth querying so phoned and was told it wasn’t active yet and to try again 4 to 5 days before first home game and should be active so hopefully by Tuesday at latest 👍🏻

Edited by Meh
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Meh said:

I had this last week and thought it was an issue worth querying so phoned and was told it wasn’t active yet and to try again 4 to 5 days before first home game and should be active so hopefully by Tuesday at latest 👍🏻

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Anyone having issues with this?

I thought this wasn’t working because the digital season pass hadn’t been updated yet, but now that has been updated, I still can’t forward on my ticket; the option is greyed out when I try to select it. 

Sorry to hijack.

Has everyone's ST been updated then? - I checked my digital wallet, and it says 24/25 season but not loaded with any games. (Next game shows '- VS -' on 1 Aug 2024. Is this all automatic, and is just being rolled out gradually and no email link to click or anything? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sorry to hijack.

Has everyone's ST been updated then? - I checked my digital wallet, and it says 24/25 season but not loaded with any games. (Next game shows '- VS -' on 1 Aug 2024. Is this all automatic, and is just being rolled out gradually and no email link to click or anything? Thanks.

Turn the automatic update off and on again. It will reload 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

Turn the automatic update off and on again. It will reload 

Thanks for your help. I'm on android - I've found 'wallet settings -> passes -> automatically add linked passes' in google wallet (is this is the right setting to change) but turning this on and off didn't help. I didn't see any other relevant setting. I also archived and unarchived my pass. I guess I'll be hoping it updates by next thursday/friday!

Edited by Sleepy1968

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thank you.

I know this first season for a while I am getting season ticket again . My twin grandsons, 14, have got me right back into watching live football. Mind not sure how long it will be still be cool to spend their time with grandad for home game weekends. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

Those of us who had physical cards last season will have our 24/25 cards added to those.  I had to have one of those because google pay didn't work properly on my old phone.

Just hoping that when I get to the ground on Saturday, the thing will work as I've not had an email to say that it has been reloaded yet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Those of us who had physical cards last season will have our 24/25 cards added to those.  I had to have one of those because google pay didn't work properly on my old phone.

Just hoping that when I get to the ground on Saturday, the thing will work as I've not had an email to say that it has been reloaded yet.

Assuming you would receive that when they send out the digital ones next week. Is it just me or does sending all season tickets out during the week before the first league game seem bit late as there is little time to sort out problems if it all goes tits up ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Assuming you would receive that when they send out the digital ones next week. Is it just me or does sending all season tickets out during the week before the first league game seem bit late as there is little time to sort out problems if it all goes tits up ? 

I know that it’s tempting fate to say this, but this is the second season of digital tickets, despite the anticipated problems it all worked pretty well last season. The Willem game all went well. They seem to have a reasonably robust system in place so I think it’s probably fair to anticipate that it won’t all go wrong.

I don’t know, but maybe they leave it til the last moment so that they get them all out together and don’t have to deal with late purchasers separately. Or maybe they just have more staff back for the start of the season and therefore better staffed to be able to deal with any problems.

Anyway, good luck with it…..and enjoy the season!!

• Robin 1

Out of interest how does digital ticketing work when you're buying multiple tickets for an individual game. I've bought a ticket for my brother for Coventry on Tuesday. If he creates a Bristol Sport account should he then be able to download it to his wallet?

It would be really helpful if someone could compile an idiots guide. 

Edited by The Masked Man

17 minutes ago, The Masked Man said:

Out of interest how does digital ticketing work when you're buying multiple tickets for an individual game. I've bought a ticket for my brother for Coventry on Tuesday. If he creates a Bristol Sport account should he then be able to download it to his wallet?

It would be really helpful if someone could compile an idiots guide. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought there aren’t any digital tickets for Tuesday?

On 10/08/2024 at 15:14, Sleepy1968 said:

Sorry to hijack.

This tweet suggests we’re getting an email this week (although having just turned auto updates off and on, the season ticket in my wallet has already updated to the Millwall match). Perhaps the email covers all bases though, including new holders. I expect that when you download from the email, yours will be sorted. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought there aren’t any digital tickets for Tuesday?

I have four digital tickets for Carabao cup and also have had the tickets for my four season tickets added to my account. At the moment you can download season tickets but can't forward them and there appears to be no option to forward the Carabao cup tickets. The club's FAQ's aren't particularly enlightening. 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, forbespm said:

What about memberships? Bought one for myself and my son,haven't had anything yet.

Emails being sent this week

For info last seasons membership was accepted at the Willem game

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Emails being sent this week

For info last seasons membership was accepted at the Willem game

Cheers.better late than never.i went to willem game and going tomorrow, using season ticket discount for food and drink

On 10/08/2024 at 15:56, Sleepy1968 said:

Thanks for your help. I'm on android - I've found 'wallet settings -> passes -> automatically add linked passes' in google wallet (is this is the right setting to change) but turning this on and off didn't help. I didn't see any other relevant setting. I also archived and unarchived my pass. I guess I'll be hoping it updates by next thursday/friday!

I have the same situation as you and am on Android.  My assumpion is that it'll automatically update this week. 🤷

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

I have the same situation as you and am on Android.  My assumpion is that it'll automatically update this week. 🤷

👍 Let's hope so. As long as someone else is in the same situation, I feel okay about it 😉.

I just added a digital ticket for tomorrow's game without issue. So presumably it will ne the same sort of thing via email, if it hasn't done it on its own at some point.

If worst comes to worst, we might have to try to use the barcode to gain entry.