IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how tickets are selling for BS3 Live. 

Can't say I know anyone who is going. 

Myself and a few others are going down for it.

Anyone going to see the sold out king gizzard show at the beacon in a few days time? I saw them at a day festival in London last weekend and they were amazing. First time I have seen them live was blown away . Only played 2 songs I recognised from across there monstrous album catalogue but still amazing nonetheless (was aware their setlists can be be pretty much anything )

11 hours ago, internetjef said:

Anyone going to see the sold out king gizzard show at the beacon in a few days time? I saw them at a day festival in London last weekend and they were amazing. First time I have seen them live was blown away . Only played 2 songs I recognised from across there monstrous album catalogue but still amazing nonetheless (was aware their setlists can be be pretty much anything )

I'm not but I've heard amazing things, really keen for next time, hope you have a good one. Australian music really is in a boom at the moment, it's such a shame so few of them ever play over here. Royel Otis, Ocean Alley and Hockey Dad are all in Bristol later this year, but there are better ones about.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Glastonbury festival set times have been released!

Some horrible clashes. Idles and Fontaines on the Friday😤

Fontaines all day long for me, but admittedly that is a horrendous clash.

6pm TBA on Woodsies is likely Kasabian too, bit of a pain with Bloc Party on the Other.

Lineup at the top is not one of the best, but in terms of depth there's just so much. Already panicking at the amount of shit that we're going to miss.

Edited by nebristolred

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

6pm TBA on Woodsies is likely Kasabian too, bit of a pain with Bloc Party on the Other.

Lineup at the top is not one of the best, but in terms of depth there's just so much. Already panicking at the amount of shit that we're going to miss.

Really!?

Yeah there is so much going on. Impossible to cram everything in, that’s just the way it is.

Excited now though.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2024 at 14:31, RedM said:

There are actually people queuing for TT on Saturday night at AG right now🤦‍♀️

Saw them at Southampton last weekend very good also surprised how good Olly Murs was. Before anyone asks the tickets were a lot cheaper than AG!

3 hours ago, Super said:

Saw them at Southampton last weekend very good also surprised how good Olly Murs was. Before anyone asks the tickets were a lot cheaper than AG!

I'm going Saturday. I've seen them a few times before. Swansea, AG and Hyde Park so hope they are just as good this time. Hyde Park last year was what they based this tour on I think. I've also seen Olly Murs, but that was a few years ago. Will be a good night I think.

Cardiff don't allow any overnight camping/queuing, so I don't know why we are encouraging it. It's not something I can see the point of personally, but I'm not a superfan 🙂

• Like 1

On 04/06/2024 at 12:17, nebristolred said:

Yeah the headliners aren’t doing too much for me this year , but the rest of the days are looking stacked.

Have knocked a loose plan together of who I am keen to see but some will prob go out the window when there.

the new app launched proper today and it seems to have come on leaps and bounds. You can now search for food stalls on the map, and even search by different cuisines apparently 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, internetjef said:

Yeah the headliners aren’t doing too much for me this year , but the rest of the days are looking stacked.

Have knocked a loose plan together of who I am keen to see but some will prob go out the window when there.

the new app launched proper today and it seems to have come on leaps and bounds. You can now search for food stalls on the map, and even search by different cuisines apparently 

Yes, the new app is much better from what I can see

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Didn't one of the clowns say that the Gas played at AG ?

It was a joke, he knew full well. Apparently he does it at whatever stadium he is in to get a crowd reaction and then corrects himself. It was taken in good humour as was intended.

"Clowns" is well harsh and makes you look foolish in my opinion. But I guess you are only hearing this second or third hand?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

It was a joke, he knew full well. Apparently he does it at whatever stadium he is in to get a crowd reaction and then corrects himself. It was taken in good humour as was intended.

"Clowns" is well harsh and makes you look foolish in my opinion. But I guess you are only hearing this second or third hand?

Sorry if you're offended Red but i know very little of this boy band and their sense of humour

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Sorry if you're offended Red but i know very little of this boy band and their sense of humour

Fair enough. Like I said it was a pantomime boo type remark, not a slip of the tongue. I've seen some bands shout "Hello Swansea" when they gave been in Bristol and have not realised 🤦‍♀️

As for 'boy band', I think they must be all in their mid fifties now (they mentioned starting off 35 years ago) so I guess they might be happy with that label still.

To be honest I was never a big fan during their peak years. I found them late after everyone raving about previous tours a few years ago. I went out of curiosity. Whatever you think of their music, they put on one hell of a show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fair enough. Like I said it was a pantomime boo type remark, not a slip of the tongue. I've seen some bands shout "Hello Swansea" when they gave been in Bristol and have not realised 🤦‍♀️

As for 'boy band', I think they must be all in their mid fifties now (they mentioned starting off 35 years ago) so I guess they might be happy with that label still.

To be honest I was never a big fan during their peak years. I found them late after everyone raving about previous tours a few years ago. I went out of curiosity. Whatever you think of their music, they put on one hell of a show.

Fair play, i'm sure everyone had a great time and that's all that matters, i except the dozen or so grannies that took over the top deck of my number 2 bus yesterday afternoon had a good time, they were already half cut drinking cans of G&T 🤣

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

56, 53 and 52 to be exact. They can still put on a bloody good show for 3 blokes in their 50’s. 

Enjoyed last night, was good to be distracted by current life worries for a few hours. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Fair play, i'm sure everyone had a great time and that's all that matters, i except the dozen or so grannies that took over the top deck of my number 2 bus yesterday afternoon had a good time, they were already half cut drinking cans of G&T 🤣

As I said before it really showcased AG. We can do stuff like this well and brings in a hefty wad of £££'s.

I have only seen pictures of hospitality, I wouldn't want it at a concert personally, but no doubt other business can be got from people being impressed and booking conference rooms for their meetings etc.

From what I saw it all went smoothly, bag searches, directions etc. I went to see Pink at Villa park last Summer and their set up was appalling, they didn't have a clue how to run a concert. Compared to them we were excellent, they still had all the signage up for football which didn't relate to the colour codes on the tickets at all!

The only grumble I could see was the queues for the ladies toilets, that's standard anywhere we go. At least 75% of the crowd were women last night which had an impact on the queues.