IGNORED

New England Kit

Super

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2024 at 13:50, Tinmans Love Child said:

I've just ordered a 98 shirt to replace my original that got lost!  Price was £17 with postage but they took £19 from my bank for some reason, will see what happens next! 😂

IMG_9377.thumb.jpeg.d76b7d33f5232d58e0aeaf8defc8a526.jpegIMG_9378.thumb.jpeg.2d48fd5dcd82188b372c232760ea0fd2.jpegIMG_9379.thumb.jpeg.8418e76ae0042aec816f9cdfebbd464d.jpeg

My England 98 shirt has just arrived so took just over two weeks!  The quality is very good really, I had the original in 98 but lost it and I would say most people wouldn't know the difference between the original shirt and the copy.

I bought a large (I wear a medium) and it fits fine so defo size up.  The only slight negative is the embroidery on the word England under the badge which is slightly off but nothing major, especially for £15 or whatever it was!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

On the back of this thread, I ordered the new England away shirt last Sunday for £16.24, just had notification that it is due for Royal Mail delivery tomorrow

Which website did you use?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

On the back of this thread, I ordered the new England away shirt last Sunday for £16.24, just had notification that it is due for Royal Mail delivery tomorrow

I just looked at that shirt earlier today, was undecided. Let me know what you think please. I quite like the away shirt after seeing it in person, but wouldn't spend what they want for the official one. This dupe, if passable, will do me just fine for the amount of time I'd wear it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

That’s quicker than my AC Milan shirt, which I ordered a few days before.  It just says “dispatched” 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

That’s quicker than my AC Milan shirt, which I ordered a few days before.  It just says “dispatched” 

Have you had a despatched email from them? 

Mine surprised me that it showed a Royal Mail tracking number 

I think the postage times are pretty all over the shop with them, as I’ve bought a sporting & Porto shirt that hasn’t arrived yet, but got an inter Miami shirt delivered yesterday that I ordered a week after the others!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Ordered an England retro shirt from them on 22/5 and still hasn’t arrived. 

I ordered one on the 24th, arrived today. I did find emails with tracking in my junk folder.

Edited by bcfcape91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Ordered current England shirt on 22nd May, arrived 29th May.

Compared to 

Thank you for using your My City Rewards loyalty points to claim a Limited Edition Scarf.

Your order is currently being processed and is estimated to be ready for collection in approximately 3 weeks.

We will contact you once it's ready to collect from the Bristol Sport Store at Ashton Gate.

Thank you again for your incredible support in the 2023/24 seaso

14 hours ago, phantom said:

Have you had a despatched email from them? 

Mine surprised me that it showed a Royal Mail tracking number 

shipping from china for things like this, or even Temu for example, they all gety put into a container, then sent to a forwarding warehouse in the destination country, then forward on from there using local mail, for example Royal Mail, evri etc.

Its basically meaning postage from china is getting very quick even for low cost items.  

12 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

shipping from china for things like this, or even Temu for example, they all gety put into a container, then sent to a forwarding warehouse in the destination country, then forward on from there using local mail, for example Royal Mail, evri etc.

Its basically meaning postage from china is getting very quick even for low cost items.

I'm not so sure of that, it takes weeks at sea for a container to be shipped here from China etc. It must be air freight/mail.

3 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

I'm not so sure of that, it takes weeks at sea for a container to be shipped here from China etc. It must be air freight/mail.

It is. I order from Temu now and then and their tracking always shows 'arrived at airport" and  "cleared customs at airport" etc. it is quick though, averages around a week or even less 

52 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Ok, I used the word container loosely, shipped on bulk on planes etc. 

It still ends up at a forwarding warehouse in this country, it’s for example why RedM parcels are getting from Temu so quickly. 

The companies are basically posting on a huge bulk scale to the forwarding warehouses who then post it on, you can easily get parcels from china in less than a week now using normal postage. 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 07/06/2024 at 16:31, phantom said:

Even though it was supposed to have been delivered Saturday, it actually came today

Shirt is top quality and nice size, I honestly couldn't tell the difference

• Like 2

On 08/06/2024 at 22:07, StGeorge said:

Compared to 

Thank you for using your My City Rewards loyalty points to claim a Limited Edition Scarf.

Your order is currently being processed and is estimated to be ready for collection in approximately 3 weeks.

We will contact you once it's ready to collect from the Bristol Sport Store at Ashton Gate.

Thank you again for your incredible support in the 2023/24 seaso

So, a week to get a shirt from China, but 3 weeks for City to dig a scarf out of a store cupboard and allow you the privilige of collecting it. Our retail operation really is a complete shambles.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 7

• Admin
1 hour ago, glynriley said:

So, a week to get a shirt from China, but 3 weeks for City to dig a scarf out of a store cupboard and allow you the privilige of collecting it. Our retail operation really is a complete shambles.

Not true, the order is sent from Ireland to the club shop

On 08/06/2024 at 21:46, bcfcape91 said:

I ordered one on the 24th, arrived today. I did find emails with tracking in my junk folder.

I placed an order for a couple of other shirts on 24th and still waiting, they have sent tracking but it's not showing any information yet. Guess it's just luck of the drawer on getting it couriered into the country.

Enough people getting their orders that I wont panic 🤣

11 minutes ago, The Batman said:

They probably have it priced in. 

I do wonder if there will be a tipping point, as we saw with Digital piracy, that causes a market shift. 

On 09/06/2024 at 12:41, Wedontplayinblue said:

Ok, I used the word container loosely, shipped on bulk on planes etc. 

Most Temu goods follow the Amazon warehouse model.  Goods are shipped in advance by sea to a UK warehouse and sit there until ordered, then collected by Royal Mail/courier once ordered and delivered.

Airfreighting something like £20 football shirts across the world is incredibly expensive.

Just now, Hxj said:

Most Temu goods follow the Amazon warehouse model.  Goods are shipped in advance by sea to a UK warehouse and sit there until ordered, then collected by Royal Mail/courier once ordered and delivered.

Airfreighting something like £20 football shirts across the world is incredibly expensive.

It’s done on a mass scale though for football shirts, fake trainers etc, it’s not one bloke posting a shirt etc, the combined value of all of this coming out of china is massive. 

Theres no way you can get items from china in under a week unless it’s sent by air. 

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Hxj said:

When I've ordered from Temu it has air freight labels and has flight information on the tracking details

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They probably have it priced in. 

I do wonder if there will be a tipping point, as we saw with Digital piracy, that causes a market shift. 

I'm not sure it equates to missed sales to Nike either. Someone being happy to drop £15 on a fake doesn't mean that same person would pay £85 for a Nike version if that option wasn't available. 

You might be right about the tipping point. Let's hope it's in favour of more affordable shirts. 

Side note I saw the other day that Englands last away shirt was only worn in two games (one qualifier one nations league game) over two years. That's real value for money!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

When I've ordered from Temu it has air freight labels and has flight information on the tracking details

Same. I'm pretty convinced it comes from China. If I order something from eBay from China it nearly always comes in a package which is then re labeled with a UK postal service eg Royal Mail or Evri etc. Even stuff that is stated as based in the UK is re labeled. 

In the past I used to opt for a UK based seller for speed, and probably pay a bit more. But now, depending on what it is is the same or only a few days difference to buy cheaper from China. 

As I said it depends on what it is, the cost of the item etc. I do try to support genuine British businesses, but if the exact same item is half the price to buy from China, then why not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dredd said:

I'm not sure it equates to missed sales to Nike either. Someone being happy to drop £15 on a fake doesn't mean that same person would pay £85 for a Nike version if that option wasn't available. 

You might be right about the tipping point. Let's hope it's in favour of more affordable shirts. 

Side note I saw the other day that Englands last away shirt was only worn in two games (one qualifier one nations league game) over two years. That's real value for money!

I think you're probably right, I bought both but I wouldn't have bought either for full price

Even out of those 2 games one was Ukraine which we could have worn white!

4 hours ago, jj77 said:

Ordered 3 from DHGate on the 2nd.

Hopefully they will be here by Sunday!

I'm not sure, DHGate usually takes 4-5 weeks I think. Thats where I got mine from and it took that long

19 hours ago, The Batman said:

I hate these articles the same with IPTV ones. Nike havent lost anything because the people buying the shirts wouldnt have bought the £90 one.

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

I hate these articles the same with IPTV ones. Nike havent lost anything because the people buying the shirts wouldnt have bought the £90 one.

Yep, £65 for a kids shirt is a rip off and I wouldn’t pay that but £14 delivered for shirt and shorts I have. 

21 hours ago, frenchred said:

I ordered quite a few shirts on 23rd may, just had an update to say arrived at princess royal sorting hub in london

Now been received in Bristol sorting office, getting closer!!

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Funnily enough so’s mine - if you get some Milan shirts through the door we might need to swap 

Check your updates mate, mine now received in portishead and scheduled for delivery today!

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

The Milan shirts have landed, and they are works of art.  

Yeah had all mine yesterday and they are quality for the money paid in fairness #fucknike!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

My favourite thing at the moment on twitter is seeing football shirt collectors moaning and bitching about these football shirts, particularly the retro shirts. 

They’re so good that collectors will need to be careful when buying. I’ve seen many people try and sell fakes as genuine retro, and for big money. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2024 at 21:46, bcfcape91 said:

Got my stuff today. England red 80-83 shirt is spot on, also the current England shorts, equally fantastic quality.

yet to encounter a bad copy tbh, dhgate and soccer03

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

My favourite thing at the moment on twitter is seeing football shirt collectors moaning and bitching about these football shirts, particularly the retro shirts. 

Tbf I sit in both camps. I love collecting real shirts - but I also like wearing shirts to games and playing 5 a side / football training etc. The fake shirts let me wear some cool shirts to play in, but I still buy some real shirts if it's something I like.

18 hours ago, David Brent said:

They’re so good that collectors will need to be careful when buying. I’ve seen many people try and sell fakes as genuine retro, and for big money. 

eBay is actually quite good for this, because it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods the fake sellers have to be very careful what they put in their descriptions. eBay off buyer guarentee so if it turns up and it's fake you can return it and get a refund. I had this recently with a 2001 England shirt I thought I was buying the original and it was priced high enough that it may be real - fortunately there's a really obvious "tell" on the fakes compared to the originals so I knew straight away it was fake. Sent it straight back and got my money returned no questions asked.

My order from soccer03 also arrived yesterday, and agree very good quality. A couple of them are retro style shirts and it's impossible to tell the difference from looking at them - I've got a mate whos got an original of one of them, so going to have a real inspection to compare

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 22/05/2024 at 16:40, supercidered said:

I've got the England 82 in red. Proper lush and good quality. Definitely go at least a size or maybe two sizes bigger than you would buy in the UK.

Is that the same rule for kids?

Normally I’m a L but ordered an XL going by comments on here. So thank you all.

4 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I'd imagine so but must be better to go for something the size above in any case. The kids aren't going to get any smaller!!

36 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Looks like the site has been taken down

It’s still there. They just move domains every now and again, for obv reasons. 

Just replace the 03 with 04. All your login details will still work. :)

• Admin
13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Funny how the whole flag issue has just been forgotten now the shirts can be bought cheaper though 😂

Very easy to peel off any version of the shirt

On 13/06/2024 at 11:24, The Coach said:

Bought the England away shirt/shorts for my 12 year old , arrived yesterday (11 days) . Got the 12-13 size and it fit her perfectly. Quality looks really good and I’ll be surprised if anyone could notice it’s not the real deal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattjb said:

Bought the England away shirt/shorts for my 12 year old , arrived yesterday (11 days) . Got the 12-13 size and it fit her perfectly. Quality looks really good and I’ll be surprised if anyone could notice it’s not the real deal!

Thanks Matt. Great to know.

On 15/06/2024 at 11:43, 1960maaan said:

Do you think these three screen shots could be linked in some way ?

Screenshot2024-06-15at11_40_47.png.397fb0edeb12e1a21eb460c8773aa27b.png

Screenshot2024-06-15at11_42_41.png.bd14acecc94b1f4f6d6a12da7275a243.png

Screenshot2024-06-15at11_39_51.png.146ab14ee8b9ac33fc9663efedffe56f.png

No Nike have not lost a huge amount to people buying fakes, they have lost a huge amount due to their very own ridiculous pricing

I bought a fake, but would never ever have bought one from Nike at their prices so technically they never "lost my money!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No Nike have not lost a huge amount to people buying fakes, they have lost a huge amount due to their very own ridiculous pricing

I bought a fake, but would never ever have bought one from Nike at their prices so technically they never "lost my money!

It’s a fair way of looking at it. 

It doesn’t seem all that long ago that the likes of Tesco were putting New England shirts on sale at very reasonable prices.  

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Isn’t that a bit like IPTV though? How much do sky etc really lose, as a lot of people wouldn’t be buying sky at the prices they charge anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

If I’d have bought the genuine shirt and shorts for my daughter it would have cost over £100 . There’s no way I could justify spending that amount of money, that’s ridiculously overpriced for kids kit in my opinion. Even the Nike ones are essentially replicas not the version the players wear anyway aren’t they? 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, mattjb said:

If I’d have bought the genuine shirt and shorts for my daughter it would have cost over £100 . There’s no way I could justify spending that amount of money, that’s ridiculously overpriced for kids kit in my opinion. Even the Nike ones are essentially replicas not the version the players wear anyway aren’t they? 

Correct, there are two versions for sale 

One is nearer £100 the other about £80

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Random question. Has anyone got a website that does NFL jerseys, similar to the site that’s linked on this thread? 

Dhgate will have them. Just search for NFL jersey. Will take a bit of searching as they don't tend to name the teams (for obvious reasons), but I'm sure you'll be able to spot the one you're after.

On 14/06/2024 at 14:04, phantom said:

Very easy to peel off any version of the shirt

Maybe, except I’ve not seen anyone that’s done that either. Perhaps it was just a storm in a teacup after all

• Like 1

On 13/06/2024 at 11:24, The Coach said:

Just on this. Shirt came today. XL size for me was spot on. If you are someone who may like it a bit more baggy. Then XXL might be an idea.