IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

I'm more interested in the attendance today. I know it's a sell out but the ACTUAL attendance figure will be interesting. I know at least 4 of our 5 seats will be vacant although officially we will be counted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

For what its worth, I'd go with;

Max

Tanner, Vyner, Dickie & Pring

Williams, James

Sykes, Knight & Twine

Wells

Looks good, but I would go for the following:

Max

Tanner, Vyner, Dickie, and Pring

James and Knight

Sykes, Twine, Mehmeti

Conway.

43 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Why is that pathetic? I think his point is take a hammering to speed up the removal of this hopeless manager and perhaps send a message to this board and technical director that they don't have a clue. I'm inclined to agree that's better for us in the long run than another few months of drift and a relegation dogfight next season. 

Wanting the team you are supposed to support to get hammered. Get a grip ffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm more interested in the attendance today. I know it's a sell out but the ACTUAL attendance figure will be interesting. I know at least 4 of our 5 seats will be vacant although officially we will be counted.

Well as one of the biggest holiday get away weekends even if NP was here there would be lots of empty seats 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Nige being on the later games but not on a game involving two of his former clubs is not a coincidence. 

Pearson was a master at using the media to his/our advantage and I think he's sending a message here which I think is that the club have blocked him from appearing. He was due to cover another of our games earlier on in the season but was replaced by Euell at the last minute. 

Or in the real world Nige got a very good pay off and part of that agreement would be he is not able to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

79D8605A-CE7B-4B1F-BE03-32F8081280BC.thumb.jpeg.5097e64b649b859dcbf5d94ac3bd20ea.jpeg

The club’s professionalism shines through again. For anyone not clued up with internet ‘slang’ that means ‘**** my life’.

Pathetic.

I’ll assume someone forgot what account they were logged into. It happens. 

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

I want change, but can never agree with this mindset. I'm a Bristol city fan first and foremost, I want us to win every game

So do I, but a decent performance would be a good start. Players don't turn into bad players overnight, they're just demoralised. Manning needs to go back to basics and play players such as Sykes in their correct position. He's tried too hard too quickly to impose his way of playing. Lets hope the break has made him realise that, and we see a decent performance today (although I hope it's not JUST  because we are on TV)

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Wanting the team you are supposed to support to get hammered. Get a grip ffs.

Didn't say I wanted it to happen. I'd much rather see us win 4-0. But surely you can see we are heading one way with this current setup, and that's down.

We will probably play well today, our players wanting to be in the shop window. As said previously BT is the problem not even JL really as he is not a football man more of a supporter like the rest of us. His knowledge is probably not much different than most supporters. BT is pulling all the strings and until he has gone we are a sinking ship. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he’ll play Knight and Twine as two 10s….3421.

I failed a late fitness test, arthritis flare-up, in effing agony, can’t drive.  So sky for me.

Club must’ve stated your match fit! 😂 Have been very good at rescinding on those types of comments recently, a la Naismith. 

36 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

I want us to win convincingly and for it to be the beginning of a very long and very successful run.

Wouldn't it be great to see all those doubters and moaners backtrack, it would be really interesting to see how they would go about it, would they admit they were wrong? I have been careful not to get too carried away when we are doing well or badly for exactly this reason.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he’ll play Knight and Twine as two 10s….3421.

I failed a late fitness test, arthritis flare-up, in effing agony, can’t drive.  So sky for me.

Which is still less painful than watching us for 90 minutes. 

In all seriousness hope you feel better soon. 

Make or break this now (for Manning). Arguably a fully fit squad, including someone especially bought in for him that he’s backed to the heavens. Playing in his preferred system as well. 

At the very least need a commendable performance. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, HOZDA said:

Roberts and Pring down the left. Imagine the former is LCB (judging by the lineup order). Could be interesting. Time for Twine to shine, hopefully!

Didn't we try that before and Roberts got the hook after about 30mins?

IIRC Roberts looked totally lost then...

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Wing back with Roberts as the 3rd Centre back ?

Great. 2 week break after terrible performances, and come back with a totally new formation is on par with changing your goalkeeper for no real reason as a last roll of the dice imo. 

Let’s wait and see I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I do think Pring would be better at LCB, he's played there before, bigger, stronger and more suited to the role and Roberts pushes forward more. 

Stifling Pring & not allowing him to bomb forward is an enormous waste of his strongest attributes imo

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Video on Leicesters twitter of matty james holding a coffee chatting away in a circle to 3 Leicester players this bugs me alot the time for a coffee and a chit chat with the opponents is after the game not before ! Get in get your head down get in your zone and get game ready they are the enemy ffs we are such a cosey cuddly nicey nicey club its embarrassing 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Club must’ve stated your match fit! 😂 Have been very good at rescinding on those types of comments recently, a la Naismith. 

Out to graze, rather than on the grass in my case.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Great. 2 week break after terrible performances, and come back with a totally new formation is on par with changing your goalkeeper for no real reason as a last roll of the dice imo. 

Let’s wait and see I guess. 

If this is preferred way, why has he barely played it?  Feels like hope, doesn’t it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HOZDA said:

Roberts and Pring down the left. Imagine the former is LCB (judging by the lineup order). Could be interesting. Time for Twine to shine, hopefully!

Did you deliberately rhyme when you opined it was time for Twine to shine?

If so, there has got to be a chant there!

1 minute ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

Sorry to hear this @Davefevs hope the pain gets under control soon.

@BCFCGav add him to the injured list. Manning forgot. 

I’ll put him on for now. Availability has been good from @Davefevs this season. Still - don’t want to see this becoming a habit or we may have to sell in the summer 😉

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

I do think Pring would be better at LCB, he's played there before, bigger, stronger and more suited to the role and Roberts pushes forward more. 

Roberts primary position is centre back.  The fact we haven’t played him there is not his fault.  He’s a very technically gifted centre back.  Similar attributes to Naismith.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Stifling Pring & not allowing him to bomb forward is an enormous waste of his strongest attributes imo

I agree to a degree but both Roberts and Pring do the same thing going forward, only one of them is strong against strikers running at them which is Pring. 

Roberts could be a liability at LCB, he's not bad but physically he's beaten in a lot of situations. Going forward though Roberts can be just as effective as Pring, not so sure Roberts can be as effective in the LCB role as Pring. 

• Like 1

Mavididi and Fatawu to keep our wingbacks pinned back. 

No-one on Winks, can't let him control the game. You're gunna find Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi in spaces further forward, they'll get chances today.

Going to have to take risks and less of this passive rubbish or they're gunna do us on the transition.

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

Why?

In my opinion (which I spelled out), this is a slow motion train crash waiting to happen. So let’s rather fast forward the process. Fire Manning. Redeploy Tinnion. Bring in proper people to run the football side of the club and appoint a manger who can progress us upward rather than downward.

Trouble is, the Lansdowns have already made it clear they won't get proper football experts in to run the clubb and probably don't have a clue which manager to appoint. So no guarantee it will get any better.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Was he that exciting against Watford on debut?

Nope. IIRC pass completion was somewhere in the 50s. Looked on a different wavelength to the rest of the side (whether good or bad). Set piece wise excellent but open play wasn’t fantastic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was he that exciting against Watford on debut?

Scored, Took 4 good corners that was all. At least we got a good win and performance overall against them, all down to him. 

Oh ****, we didn’t even win did we!!

• Like 1