IGNORED

Steve Evans - Rotherham

Steve Evans is real marmite, you either love him or loathe him. He's a straight talker but has not been without his controversies. 

On this occasion his words are kind and I suspect totally genuine but some on here will not like his praise of JL and Tinnion. 

I note the article referred to his rebuilding of the Rotherham squad for next season, but Evans always does that for a new season anyway. I'd be very surprised if less than a dozen new players came into Rotherham and a similar number depart. 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Steve Evans is real marmite, you either love him or loathe him. He's a straight talker but has not been without his controversies. 

On this occasion his words are kind and I suspect totally genuine but some on here will not like his praise of JL and Tinnion. 

I note the article referred to his rebuilding of the Rotherham squad for next season, but Evans always does that for a new season anyway. I'd be very surprised if less than a dozen new players came into Rotherham and a similar number depart. 

They’ll be genuine comments and compliments…. Doesn’t stop him being an arse 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Nice comments from Steve Evans I’m sure that he will be in contact about loan players for next season. 

Wouldn't be a bad link up to have. I assume they'll do well again next year as always in league one. Possible step up loan for Palmer-Holden? 

49 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

He did get Barton sacked tbf, I'd get him a pint on the strength of that

He had the last laugh there - didn't Barton call him a 'weeble' beforehand?

Whether you like Evans or not, his CV is pretty decent at the lower levels (his style of management does not work higher up), and recently taking Stevenage from League 2 relegation fodder to League 1 play-off contenders in a couple of years is a job well done with what I imagine modest resources).  

2 hours ago, redsapper said:

Nice comments from Steve Evans I’m sure that he will be in contact about loan players for next season. 

That'd be a great loan for any of our 'not quite ready' youngsters. League 1 and likely to be top-end League 1, playing dominant football. A relationship worth maintaining if one is indeed forming from this interview.