IGNORED

Hull New Ground

gater2

Since Hull have built their new ground, they have often been getting home gates of 20,000+, bigger than most 1st div teams, and even some Premiership teams :) . I know they did not have these gates before the new ground, so i guess it must be because of it.

Would this happen to us if Severnside went ahead? I doubt it. So why has it been such a success at Hull? :Confused13:

Guest ziderhead2003

personally i think that we will get bigger crowds 2 start off with. but then they will slowly decreas. And back 2 the #### gate we get now......

:PC_Plod: Please keep this sort of typing to your mobile phone and not on this forum. Thank you :PC_Plod:

So why has it been such a success at Hull? :Confused13:

I understand it is acombination of factors the last of which was the ground.

The Humber bridge increased the catchment area by about 150%, the tickets are reasonably priced and there is a deal with one of the rugby league clubs to supply dual tickets.

On top of this they got the KC arena which is apparently worth a visit even when there isn't a game on! ;)

It's worth pointing out that success hasn't been instant there though, the fans are moaning about them being an "underachieving big club". Sound familiar! :)

i think new grounds do increase crowds, derby, reading are other examples of this, i think our crowds would increase but not sure by what extent, i think Hull really are a sleeping giant and its a city that is crying out for a major force in football, Hull is the biggest city in europe where its football team has never played top league football, thats an interesting fact for you all !

Archived