IGNORED

Non League Thread 2024/25

phantom

• Admin

The FA have confirmed the National League System club allocations for Steps 1-6 for season 2024/25.

The allocations follow the completion of the recent league play-offs at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System.

These allocations are subject to appeals and any amendments to these will be confirmed in due course.

The full list of club allocations for the 2024-25 season covering Steps 1-6 are below.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

Interesting shuffle for some. Now the wait for any grumblings to cause more changes, but the clock for the publication of next season's fixtures is running. Will the powers factor in any (climate crisis) extensions this time round, I wonder?

Also noted some new names: a nod to Route One Rovers (NWCL, D1N) and Rising Ballers Kensington (CCLD1). Modern football.

43 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting shuffle for some. Now the wait for any grumblings to cause more changes, but the clock for the publication of next season's fixtures is running. Will the powers factor in any (climate crisis) extensions this time round, I wonder?

Also noted some new names: a nod to Route One Rovers (NWCL, D1N) and Rising Ballers Kensington (CCLD1). Modern football.

Route one Rovers were in the NWCLD1N last season 

there striker was top scorer in the league. Interesting one for they are based in Yorkshire but are in the NWCFL 

• Admin

Kendal Town are appealing against the FA’s decision to move the club laterally to the Northern Football League.

Clapton CFC are appealing against their sideways movement to the Southern Counties East League. 

They’ve previously played in the Eastern Counties League.

• Admin

For anyone that didn't know 

🔘 The FA appoints a committee to make the allocations at the end of each playing season

🔘 That committee does not consult leagues or clubs

🔘 Clubs can apply for lateral movement (before March 31) ahead of following campaign

🔘 Only a club subject to lateral movement can appeal

🔘 Appeal must be submitted within seven days

🔘 FA committee has seven days to respond once appeal submitted

🔘 Decision of appeal board is final and binding

Clubs appealing must persaude appeal board that allocation:

i) fails to comply with FA regulations or

ii) is one 'no reasonable body would have reached' or

iii) is in some way 'excessive' (FA's word)

An appeal board can't impose its own preferred solution in this type of case, and can only review the allocations committee's original decision.

E.g. If Kendal's appeal is upheld, that *could* mean a 25-team NWCFL Premier

Middlezoy Rovers against their wishes, have been moved from Western league one, to the South West Peninsula league.

The club are fuming, they are going from 42 games a season to 30, trips to Plymouth, Oakhampton etc. The club has worked so hard to get to the Western League, the players play for nothing. 
Crazy by the FA. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Coalville Town have resigned from the Southern Football League with immediate effect.

Filling the vacancy in Premier Division Central will be the responsibility of the FA Alliance Committee.

Managerial merry go round at the moment. 

After Taunton signed Liam Harding formerly of Bristol Manor Farm and Steve Murray formerly of Cribbs, both as coaches. Cribbs have replaced him with double promotion winning Ash Bennett of Avonmouth Fc much to the fury of Avonmouth supporters on social media it seems. Also Brislington coach John Durbin has now joined BMF replacing Liam Harding

• Like 3

• Admin

Following Coalville Town’s resignation from Step 3, Hitchin Town have been reprieved from relegation and will play in the Southern Premier Central Division (Step 3) next season.

• Admin

FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase and Youth Cup info:

🔹 Friday 14th June:
Round dates published 

🔹 Friday 28th June:
Lists of clubs accepted, round exemptions and prize funds published

🔹Friday 5th July:
Draws for the first two rounds of each competition published

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You might be right. CEB was shit hot for us last season:

I am as I know a player or two that have been approached by him and his team offering good money. 

He's MD of his own company and part of the deal with Taunton is that he'll bring some players with him at his own expense. Not uncommon in non-league

• Admin
1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I am as I know a player or two that have been approached by him and his team offering good money. 

He's MD of his own company and part of the deal with Taunton is that he'll bring some players with him at his own expense. Not uncommon in non-league

Bit of a turn around in fortunes from the end of last season where Taunton were appearing near bankruptcy 

• Admin
On 18/05/2024 at 22:31, phantom said:

Retford United are appealing their league allocation

Thatcham Town are appealing against their sideways into the Southern League Division One South.

Screenshot_20240607_165820_X.jpg

Thanks all,

I've heard that as of the end of the week, Bridgwater only had 7 registered players.

I'm guessing nobody wanted to stay around for that chairman....

Feel for Lewey though. Both of his boys have jumped ship as well.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2024 at 21:53, Portland Bill said:

Middlezoy Rovers against their wishes, have been moved from Western league one, to the South West Peninsula league.

The club are fuming, they are going from 42 games a season to 30, trips to Plymouth, Oakhampton etc. The club has worked so hard to get to the Western League, the players play for nothing. 
Crazy by the FA. 

I think Middlezoy have won their appeal against the move

• Admin
3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Young Larkhall keeper Arthur Nasta has signed for Wolves.

Signed a couple of weeks ago, you may be interested in this?

Millfield student to join Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers | News Details (millfieldschool.com)

Millfield footballer Arthur Nasta will join Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers as a professional starting July 2024.   

The 18-year-old goalkeeper from Butleigh, will join Wolves in their seventh consecutive campaign back in the topflight of English football, having been promoted to the Premier League in 2018. Arthur is an Upper Sixth boarder. He said, “I feel incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to play the sport I love so much in a top professional environment.” 

Arthur, who joined Millfield in Year 9 on a sports scholarship, has thrived during his time on the Millfield football programme. He said, “I have learned a huge amount from Scott Laird, Millfield’s first team coach, whose experience at a professional level, caring personality, and ability to communicate were critical for my development. I was also very privileged to work with Steve Phillips, a top goalkeeper coach, and to be surrounded by many other talented players. All these people have enabled me to learn and pick up countless tips and pieces of advice along the way.”  

Arthur was able to set up his personalised development plan with the football department, including one-to-one goalkeeping sessions and playing his first full season of men’s football for Larkhall Athletic Football Club. He said, “Working with Steve Phillips, a professional who played in hundreds of games in the English Championship, has been a huge privilege. Steve has been extremely invested in my journey and wants the complete and utter best for everyone he works with. His training sessions are arduous but also fun and exciting. I felt reassured that my coaching came from a true professional who was able to support me all along. I have also been lucky to have had support from all the coaches and the S&C department, who have been able to create and tailor a plan that I have followed throughout my time at school.”  

Arthur who is currently taking his A Levels is able to keep up with his schoolwork alongside his training schedule. “I make sure to communicate regularly with my housemistress and with the football coaches to get their feedback. Communication and feedback enabled me to improve both my sporting and academic life while at Millfield.” 

Millfield Senior boys lead coach Scott Laird said, “Everyone at Millfield is so proud of Arthur, and this is a testament to his hard work and dedication on and off the pitch. The way Arthur trains and plays is a great example for any athlete who is striving to get to the top. I would like to thank him for everything he has given to Millfield and Millfield Football.” 

• Like 2

On 09/06/2024 at 13:20, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The 3 I have seen in the last couple of days are Jack Thorne, Morgan Williams and Jake Llewellyn.

Jay Murray as well. The clubs secretary has also gone, to Middlezoy Rovers. 
I live in Bridgwater, I think more people hate the club than like it now.

The owner is an absolute joke. 

• Like 1

Bridgwater’s Jack Thorne, top goal scorer last season (31 goals), has signed for Exmouth!. 
Also signed for Exmouth is the the Bridgwater right back Dave Thorne. 
It seems like a mass exodus!. 

Edited by Portland Bill

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Bridgwater’s Jack Thorne, top goal scorer last season (31 goals), has signed for Exmouth!. 
Also signed for Exmouth is the the Bridgwater right back Dave Thorne. 
It seems like a mass exodus!. 

Think there are 5 that have gone to Exmouth from Bridgwater.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Think there are 5 that have gone to Exmouth from Bridgwater.

Wouldn’t surprise me, the ex Bridgwater manager who got sacked mid way through last season, is the assistant manager there now. 

• Like 1

• Admin

THE ISUZU FA TROPHY

ROUND DATES

SEASON 2024-25

Preliminary Round Saturday 24 August 2024

First Round Qualifying Saturday 7 September 2024

Second Round Qualifying Saturday 21 September 2024

Third Round Qualifying Saturday 5 October 2024

First Round Proper Saturday 26 October 2024

Second Round Proper Saturday 16 November 2024

Third Round Proper Saturday 7 December 2024

Fourth Round Proper Saturday 4 January 2025

Fifth Round Proper Saturday 1 February 2025

Sixth Round Proper Saturday 1 March 2025

Semi Final Saturday 5 April 2025

Final Saturday 10 or Sunday 11 May 2025

THE ISUZU FA VASE

ROUND DATES

SEASON 2024-25

First Round Qualifying Saturday 24 August 2024

Second Round Qualifying Saturday 21 September 2024

First Round Proper Saturday 19 October 2024

Second Round Proper Saturday 9 November 2024

Third Round Proper Saturday 7 December 2024

Fourth Round Proper Saturday 11 January 2025

Fifth Round Proper Saturday 1 February 2025

Sixth Round Proper Saturday 1 March 2025

Semi Final 1st Leg - Saturday 29 March 2025

2nd Leg - Saturday 5 April 2025

Final Saturday 10 or Sunday 11 May 2025

Bridgy lost a load but I still expect them to be alright next season. They will have plenty of money to spend now they’ve lost so many, it may take them a while to get going but I expect they’ll be up there again. 

By all accounts the coach they’ve hired Nick de-Long is meant to be very good. 

He’ll probably end up as manager at some point during the season.

Middlezoy Rovers have lost their appeal, and will have to play in the South West peninsula lead next season. They go from a 42 game season, down to 30 games. 6 less home games, and now have to travel to places like Plymouth and Oakhampton. 
it’s estimated the club will lose approximately 10k a season, due to 6 less home games, and far less away support. For a club that the players still play for nothing, that is a big loss.

All down to the FA putting a pin in a map.

Bridgwater ( Middlezoy is basically made up of Bridgwater lads ) is synonymous with the Western league, always has been, this is a massive kick in the teeth for the club. 

• Sad 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Middlezoy Rovers have lost their appeal, and will have to play in the South West peninsula lead next season. They go from a 42 game season, down to 30 games. 6 less home games, and now have to travel to places like Plymouth and Oakhampton. 
it’s estimated the club will lose approximately 10k a season, due to 6 less home games, and far less away support. For a club that the players still play for nothing, that is a big loss.

Bridgwater ( Middlezoy is basically made up of Bridgwater lads ) is synonymous with the Western league, always has been, this is a massive kick in the teeth for the club. 

Obviously a clearly sad time for the football club, on the flip side how much will the club roughly save from not paying the players, staff, bills etc from those additional 6 home games and 12 games overall?

I wondered what the balance would be?

I assume there are less midweek fixtures?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I think this guy has confused his East and West, even so it makes this decision worse 

By all accounts all appeals have been turned down 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Obviously a clearly sad time for the football club, on the flip side how much will the club roughly save from not paying the players, staff, bills etc from those additional 6 home games and 12 games overall?

I wondered what the balance would be?

I assume there are less midweek fixtures?

The club don’t play the players, never have. There is still quite a lot of money owed on the new clubhouse, and other things. So the money earned pays bills etc. Hence, the loss of potentially 10k is massive for the football club. 

I’m not sure regarding midweek fixtures, but I imagine they will be very rare. 30 games is the same as the Somerset county league plays, and evening games are a rarity.  

• Thanks 1