IGNORED

Non League Thread 2024/25

phantom

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Good signing for BMF but Dowling is going down through the levels. 

Apparently had offers from clubs in Swindon supermarine league (one above farm). Probably on a pretty penny as well as he is there “marquee signing”

1 hour ago, LondonRobin said:

Apparently had offers from clubs in Swindon supermarine league (one above farm). Probably on a pretty penny as well as he is there “marquee signing”

He absolutely won't be, the Farm budget is very tight. If he still lives in Bristol then he'll save a few quid (and hours) on not having to travel to Swindon once or twice a week for training, so that might make it worth his while. Big fish in a small pond might attract him too.

Kendal Town appeal lost, seems according to Kendal they can’t move back to North west counties due to league having 24 teams already so have to go to North East counties. If true that is ridiculous from the FA and why did they promote teams on points earned before the appeal process.

On 14/06/2024 at 21:13, Arsene's Wanger said:

He absolutely won't be, the Farm budget is very tight. If he still lives in Bristol then he'll save a few quid (and hours) on not having to travel to Swindon once or twice a week for training, so that might make it worth his while. Big fish in a small pond might attract him too.

I mean relative to the rest of the manor farm squad and the div one league

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Very good player and he won't struggle with the step up to the Southern Prem

He'll look very comfortable in the Prem, he's probably a Conf South standard player. Farm have been very lucky to have him as long as they have. 

• Admin

Anyway, before another thread gets ruined, back on topic 

Following their failed appeal to the FA, Clapton FC have withdrawn from the Southern Counties East Football League.

They will be replaced by Greenways FC who have recieved a reprieve and remain in the SCEFL Division One.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Was a youngster at City. Been playing conference south for a good while. Was playing for Weston last season. 

In effect a swap with Nick McCootie who has gone the other way. With Yate also picking up Ross Stearn fair bit of experience added.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yate have also signed experienced Lloyd James from Taunton.

Hartcliffe boy, with Southampton academy from a very young age, spent the majority of his time at Leyton Orient

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 13:44, Carey 6 said:

Bridgy lost a load but I still expect them to be alright next season. They will have plenty of money to spend now they’ve lost so many, it may take them a while to get going but I expect they’ll be up there again. 

By all accounts the coach they’ve hired Nick de-Long is meant to be very good. 

He’ll probably end up as manager at some point during the season.

As expected 

2 hours ago, Gosport_Red said:

AFC Totton have some serious money for Step 3 of the Non-League. Last season there were some questions regarding their inflated attendances that were recorded.

There's absolutely been inflated attendances down there.

Went to a game season before last where the crowd was announced at over a thousand, it looked about half that.

• Admin

Along with the round exemptions and prize fund, the same details for the FA Youth Cup, Isuzu FA Trophy and Isuzu FA Vase have also been released ahead of the new season kicking-off in August.

A preliminary round has been added to the FA Trophy, with more clubs from Step 4 entering the competition than last term.

Screenshot_20240628_151417_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240628_151421_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240628_151425_Drive.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin

On Friday 5 July, The FA will release the following information:

- The Emirates FA Cup – Extra preliminary round and preliminary round draws

- The Isuzu FA Trophy – Preliminary round and first round qualifying draws

- The Isuzu FA Vase – First round qualifying and second round qualifying draws

- The FA Youth Cup – Extra preliminary round and preliminary round draws

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transfer reader said:

There's absolutely been inflated attendances down there.

Went to a game season before last where the crowd was announced at over a thousand, it looked about half that.

Maybe they were moving around a lot so making them difficult to count.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe they were moving around a lot so making them difficult to count.

They barely made a noise 4-1 up, let alone moved around.

Southampton women's team play(ed- not sure if they still do) at Totton though, so I wondered if there was perhaps a joint season ticket type thing going on.

We all know that season tickets are counted into the attendance regardless of whether they turn up or not.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

Brave Bath City favourite Alex Fletcher has made the heartbreaking decision to quit football.

The 25-year-old’s world changed in November 2022 when the attacker was left in a coma fighting for his life after clattering into a concrete advertising hoarding whilst playing for the Romans.

His family were told his injuries were so severe that he may not remember them - and he might have lost the use of his legs forever,

He incredibly returned to the game last season and was hoping to fire Weston-super-Mare to National League South promotion next term.

But after a summer of soul searching and following meetings with medics, he has made the tough decision to hang up his boots.

In a video on Instagram, he told his followers: “The physical effects of what happened have affected my balance, my timing. I have lost of lot things that made me what I was.

“Maybe that is something that is out of my control now, it’s not something I can work towards.

“It’s set in stone that this is how things are going forward. I’ve got to be so grateful for what I had. I am able to live a relatively normal life.

“But for me, carrying on playing football is probably a step too far. I’m really gutted about it.”

His manager and Weston, Scott Bartlett, said: “I’ve spoken with Alex many times during the summer. He informed me of his decision some time ago which I know he had thought about greatly.

“He is an intelligent person with a great family, who recently had a very important new addition. That is obviously the most important thing.

“I have not known Alex for long in the grand scheme of things but he had made an impression on me and the rest of our club.

“He is so positive and has taken everything in his stride. What he went through is common knowledge but largely incomprehensible to many.

“I am sure you will all join me in thanking Alex for all his efforts in a Seagulls shirt and wishing him all the best for the future in what is sure to be a great career with the PFA.”

TAKEN FROM: Fletcher Calls Time On Career After Hoarding Horror - The Vanarama National League (thenationalleague.org.uk)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For anybody interested in a footy fix, the Western League starts tomorrow 27th July. Support your Local team at grass roots level. Local games are as follows. 

Brislington v St Blazey.                       Clevedon v Barnstaple Town.             Shepton Mallet v Portishead.            Paulton v Nailsea & Tickenham.          Shirehampton v Keynsham.                 Radstock v Bitton.                               Longwell Green v Avonmouth.           Hengrove v Calne.                           Bristol Telephones v Odd Down.         Cribbs reserves v Bradford Town.             

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

For anybody interested in a footy fix, the Western League starts tomorrow 27th July. Support your Local team at grass roots level. Local games are as follows. 

Brislington v St Blazey.                       Clevedon v Barnstaple Town.             Shepton Mallet v Portishead.            Paulton v Nailsea & Tickenham.          Shirehampton v Keynsham.                 Radstock v Bitton.                               Longwell Green v Avonmouth.           Hengrove v Calne.                           Bristol Telephones v Odd Down.         Cribbs reserves v Bradford Town.             

Reading that has got me thinking, what step in the football pyramid are reserve teams allowed to progress to? 

6 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

St Blazey and Barnstaple probably set off at dinnertime today!

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Early start then! Two weeks before the pros, the local lads are out and getting stuck in.

Hopefully will put an end to the crazy backlogs at the end of the season 

16 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yate had 302 for a friendly tonight.  League 2 in 10 years, you heard it here first. 

And for the first time ever, I won the half time 50:50!

Granted, it was only £35, and my kids blagged £10 each from it, but it was something…

On a broader note, the fact there is an actual club shop at Lodge Road now is a great improvement. Little things but the club is becoming more and more professional.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And for the first time ever, I won the half time 50:50!

Granted, it was only £35, and my kids blagged £10 each from it, but it was something…

On a broader note, the fact there is an actual club shop at Lodge Road now is a great improvement. Little things but the club is becoming more and more professional.

Are you going next week? I’m taking the boy for his first taste of non league 

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Are you going next week? I’m taking the boy for his first taste of non league 

I’m away next Saturday so nope. Possibly there Monday; my kids team I run train at YOSC on Monday nights so I reckon I can short hop there for the last friendly.

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m away next Saturday so nope. Possibly there Monday; my kids team I run train at YOSC on Monday nights so I reckon I can short hop there for the last friendly.

Funnily enough I was at YOSC tonight and thought I could combine the two, wish I had. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yate had 302 for a friendly tonight.  League 2 in 10 years, you heard it here first. 

Great crowd for a friendly but £10 is a bit much. Barry Town and Gloucester both charged only £5 for recent friendlies.

4 hours ago, Coach said:

Frankie Phillips has got himself a year's contract at Exeter, fair play

Whole thing sounds a bit odd. One year deal, earned by requesting a trial, but they’ve said he‘ll spend the whole year on loan back at toolstation level. Slightly Strange. 

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Whole thing sounds a bit odd. One year deal, earned by requesting a trial, but they’ve said he‘ll spend the whole year on loan back at toolstation level. Slightly Strange. 

He will be going out on loan at Southern league level but will train every day with Exeter.

2 hours ago, Mendip Broadwalk said:

Mendip Broadwalk first game in Western league at Wells finished 1-1. 

One of the best stories around in non league today, where they came from to where they are now is quite simply unbelievable

Well done to all concerned and especially ROC!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, frenchred said:

One of the best stories around in non league today, where they came from to where they are now is quite simply unbelievable

Well done to all concerned and especially ROC!

Avonmouth winning 8-2 at Longwell Green is quite the story as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendip Broadwalk said:

Mendip Broadwalk at home tonight v Cribbs reserves. First ever Western league game. Bristol combination to Somerset County league to Western league in less than ten years.

Better warn Rovers; "We're coming for you"!

On 27/07/2024 at 21:06, petehinton said:

Exmouth Town by the looks

up the muff town casuals 🤪

On 31/07/2024 at 08:51, phantom said:

I can only assume Bris were awarded a walkover against Weston, as they were due to play their semi final on 15th July but it got cancelled 

FB_IMG_1722410371256.jpg

correct, Briz lost 3-0.....on to the FA Cup saturday.