IGNORED

Non League Thread 2024/25

phantom

Keep an eye on Manor Farm over the next couple of seasons.

The signing of Louis Britton also brought Jayden Neilson back as they're best mates.

Add in Dowling and you have 3 players who all know each other from City.

George King who signed from Bridgwater has looked great in pre season, a forward playing in NZ still to join. 

Also heard that Owen Brain isn't happy at Taunton, so don't be shocked if he leaves there before the end of the season.

On 01/08/2024 at 18:23, Silvio Dante said:

I guess we finally have the resolution to this thread then!

In the nicest way possible, I am truly amazed he ever got through our academy. Finding his level now. 

8 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Who of sane mind decided that Gateshead v Yeovil be a 12:30 kick-off today, talk about screwing away fans over 

Yeovil Town agreed to it as they have Rochdale at home on Monday & this way sees them get the maximum rest possible. Team would have gone up on Friday anyway, but yes, not great for the 157 supporters that made the trip.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Yeovil Town FC has made spelling mistakes on the packaging of some of its merchandise.

The packaging of the football club's scarves reads "Yeovl" without the i, and has misspelt the word merchandise without an "r".

The scarves cost £16 and some fans of the recently promoted National League team said it was "a scam". However, the scarves themselves had no spelling errors.

Yeovil Town told BBC Radio Somerset: "Human error is natural; we're not robots."

'Really sad'

BBC Radio Somerset spoke to some fans in Yeovil, who felt it did not represent the club "properly".

"That is really sad, the fact they can't spell their own town right," one fan said.

"Quite misleading, for the town that supports them and has grown fond of the club."

Western League Prem is pretty interesting this season. 

Locally, Brislington, Portishead, Clevedon Town, Nailsea & Tickenham all going pretty well, then Bridgy who weren't doing too badly, but always seems to be a lot going on there. 

Clevedon Town the best I've seen out of the lot of them so far, but early days. 

In the Hellenic, Roman Glass are going well too, they've got a couple of ex pro's in Chris Lines & Jennison Myrie-Williams playing for them. 

Went to watch Cribbs vs Manor Farm the other day in the Southern league, wasn't a bad game, finished 2-0 to BMF. I know managers all give a bit to the officials, but the Cribbs gaffer was something else entirely, never heard anything like it. Shut up once he got booked in the second half though! 

26 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Went to watch Cribbs vs Manor Farm the other day in the Southern league, wasn't a bad game, finished 2-0 to BMF. I know managers all give a bit to the officials, but the Cribbs gaffer was something else entirely, never heard anything like it. Shut up once he got booked in the second half though! 

Probably needs to realise that he’s not managing in the Surburban League now. 

37 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Locally, Brislington, Portishead, Clevedon Town, Nailsea & Tickenham all going pretty well, then Bridgy who weren't doing too badly, but always seems to be a lot going on there. 

In the Hellenic, Roman Glass are going well too, they've got a couple of ex pro's in Chris Lines & Jennison Myrie-Williams playing for them. 

Don't forget Paulton..

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Cribbs manager was a bit ridiculous, first half especially.

Was having a go at the linesman his side for not flagging a throw in that happened 50 yards away on the other side of the pitch, both length and width wise.

Seemed to think it was offside every time Bissett got past the Cribbs LB as well.

On 28/08/2024 at 20:35, Portland Bill said:

Bridgwater part company with their latest manager after 5 games of the season!.

A club run by a cowboy. 

IMG_5209.png

"They won three of their first four games" says a lot.

17 hours ago, 22A said:

"They won three of their first four games" says a lot.

They have lost two and drawn one in their last three games. 
It now looks like the new ( start of the season ) manager and assistant walked out of the club. I imagine this due to interference from the owner.

To put it into context, Bridgwater only have 2 players left from last seasons squad, the other 16 plus all walked away at the end of last season. Andy Llewelyn also quit as manager.

The owner seems to be a total control freak, even goes on the pitch pre game in tracksuit, team shirt etc.

I don’t think any manager could work under the circumstances they have at Bridgwater!. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Brandon Bak scored for Weston yesterday. They have started well in National League South this season.

Poor first few games, good results since. Odd thing is they really aren’t playing well. Hopefully can get both good performances and results sorted soon. 

Another heavy win for clevedon yesterday. Western div has started like a house on fire for the current top 5. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Poor first few games, good results since. Odd thing is they really aren’t playing well. Hopefully can get both good performances and results sorted soon. 

Another heavy win for clevedon yesterday. Western div has started like a house on fire for the current top 5. 

Western league is going to be a decent competition this year. I know i watch Paulton Rovers so have a vested interest but I predict that they will be up there at the end of the season.

Just ticking a long at the moment with players returning from injury in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to Bridgwater home next Saturday.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

i would say we played quite well in the first few games, other than 2nd half collapse v Worthing from being 3 nil up of course.  Should have had a point at Enfield. With those 4 pts could be top

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Heard that Lee Johnson is putting on a (free) coaching session for Thornbury Town youth teams this week. Fair play to him... 

needs to spend less time doing coaching for free, and more time answering his LinkedIn messages to come onto a podcast for free. 🤣

Edited by petehinton
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Another 3 points for Weston last night. Crowd of 883 down there.

I was there. Weston looked sharp, Dylan Kadji was great in midfield and I was really impressed with Nick McCootie bossing it up front along with Reuben Reid. Slough didn't look like a 1st place team at all. Five wins in a row and 5th place looks promising.

• Like 1

Went to Torquay v  Chippenham last night. Torquay 3 nil up within 35 mins and playing nice football, could of ended up 5/6 nil but for some

Bas Savage finishing 😁.  Just over 3k there and might not be a bad bet at 8/1 odds to win league.

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

St Albans bottom of table on 2 points. Think Weston will think they missed out today.

I expect St Albans are in a false position usually challenging the other end. Only 6-7 games in so difficult to say  if it's a good point or not

8 hours ago, MattWSM said:

I expect St Albans are in a false position usually challenging the other end. Only 6-7 games in so difficult to say  if it's a good point or not

Fans certainly not happy .

David Noble went back to St Albans after a bad spell at  Wealdstone and going to a club for the second time doesn’t always end well (unless you are Graham Taylor !) 

Problem seems to be they play a very possession based style so obviously if results don ‘t come can be seen as very negative.

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Forest Green top of the National League with Steve Cotterill as manager. You can’t keep a good man down 

Does he have the “Galaticos of the National League” appearing for Forest Green?!

17 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Does he have the “Galaticos of the National League” appearing for Forest Green?!

They have Christian Doidge up front who is a class act by National League standards. 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

They have Christian Doidge up front who is a class act by National League standards. 

He’s signed some exoerience…Doidge as you say (was signed last season), but also Tozer from Wrexham, Sercombe from Cheltenham, who’s record last season in lg1 in an awful team was incredible.  He’s been well-backed, but he will expect to deliver too.