IGNORED

SOTC

Tomo

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm sure you have better things to do, but you could try bbc sounds + a vpn on your phone if you were desperate to get the breaking news*.

(*"You can see where we're going, right?"/"I like Twiney, but that's out of my hands. If we can't do a deal by 30 August, we'll move on.")

Yep confirmed I can’t get it. All updates welcome. 

Yu Hirakawa

*Medical today

*Stability not where we would like.

*Leg a bit puffy.

*Leg quite swollen.

*Not a long, long one. Doesn't want to commit to a hard number.

*Lot more info after today- proper assessments, scans etc.

Murphy also injured.

*Changing demands physically etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

Headlines so far….

Rob Atkinson is out injured with a groin strain, expecting him back in a couple of weeks.

Yu more investigations are required. ‘He has a puffy ankle, he’s walking OK, LM doesn’t see it ‘being a long, long one’ but he needs scans and a full assessment.

Adam Murphy - he’s injured. He had ‘slight issues with his knees when he first joined’ and then he has done a quad muscle in training so he will be out for at least a couple of months.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Headlines so far….

Rob Atkinson is out injured with a groin strain, expecting him back in a couple of weeks.

Yu more investigations are required. ‘He has a puffy ankle, he’s walking OK, LM doesn’t see it ‘being a long, long one’ but he needs scans and a full assessment.

Adam Murphy - he’s injured. He had ‘slight issues with his knees when he first joined’ and then he has done a quad muscle in training so he will be out for at least a couple of months.

Certainly sounds like those who thought a new medical guy would solve all problems are going to be quite shocked 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

"We can go back to front aerially" (now we have some heft up top). Long ball, no messing.

"We can go back to front aerially" (now we have some heft up top). Long ball, no messing.

I mean not necessarily, Long ball one long ball or Long Pirloesque pass then decent possession, pressing, building in the final third.

Unfortunate if not unexpected news about Yu. The rest was quite refreshing tbh.

Without making yet another thread about TC, it's Liam's decision and I , for one, agree with his choice.

Wants a 'couple more'. Hmm.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Pointless interview, nothing close in terms of incomings says they want a number 10 but clearly imo haven't got a clue who or how to get the type of one we need,  conways saga will drag on for a few more weeks yet.... oh the joy. Personally I think manning was just full of guff says there proactive inline chats to BT 7 times per day bahviours processes all being mentioned blah blah blah all the usual shit but imo number 10 was always our number one target since Jan and they have made a right pigs ear of recruiting one imo. sounds like the signings made were just to give us different clubs in the bag to quote gary johnson, not sure the signings we have made are  necessarily better then what we have though. What's the point in having a big powerful runner in armstrong and no one to play him through to get the best out of him ? Imo untill we get that type player in the ones we have brought in won't make to much difference to pushing us up the division and competing at the right end.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 2

• Admin
Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Must admit that was thoroughly dull. I feel very little excitement for this season. Shades of McInness all over again. 

Let's be thankful he's got a big team to help him 

9 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Pointless interview, nothing close in terms of incomings says they want a number 10 but clearly imo haven't got a clue who or how to get the type of one we need,  conways saga will drag on for a few more weeks yet.... oh the joy. Personally I think manning was just full of guff says there proactive inline chats to BT 7 times per day bahviours processes all being mentioned blah blah blah all the usual shit but imo number 10 was always our number one target since Jan and they have made a right pigs ear of recruiting one imo. sounds like the signings made were just to give us different clubs in the bag to quote gary johnson, not sure the signings we have made are  necessarily better then what we have though. What's the point in having a big powerful runner in armstrong and no one to play him through to get the best out of him ? Imo untill we get that type player in the ones we have brought in won't make to much difference to pushing us up the division and competing at the right end.

He's not going to say anything directly about other teams players is he. We’re obviously in talks with twine as reported by journalists etc so just see what happens within the next couple days/weeks. From that interview we’re going to sign a 10 whatever.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

"The defence looks really good, the midfield looks really good, the attack looks really good," fan bloke says. 

I'd agree with two of those. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

He's not going to say anything directly about other teams players is he. We’re obviously in talks with twine as reported by journalists etc so just see what happens within the next couple days/weeks. From that interview we’re going to sign a 10 whatever.

Mate we been in talks with Burnley regarding scott twine for 8 months 😂  pretty sure he has been our number 1 target since manning walked through the door.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Must admit that was thoroughly dull. I feel very little excitement for this season. Shades of McInness all over again. 

Let's hope City do a job on Hull to raise your spirits and get you back in the right mindset 🤞:city:

9 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

"The defence looks really good, the midfield looks really good, the attack looks really good," fan bloke says. 

Yeah I heard that I thought that was such an odd thing to say, but that matt withers or what ever his name never says anything remotely controversial about anything the club does.

• Like 1

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Yeah I heard that I thought that was such an odd thing to say, but that matt withers or what ever his name never says anything remotely controversial about anything the club does.

I thought it was Rob Skeates but will listen back later or tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Owers misses Ipswich in respect of the 15-20 Goals.

Their top scorer got 13 (League) but a number 5-9 10-13 etc.

To be fair I can't see any of our strikers getting anywhere near 13 goals unfortunately I'd be happy to be wrong and someone quote this in 10 months time though 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rob Skeates says if you can't be positive in August there is no point going, made a shout of Playoffs but maybe he was joking.

Matt Withers wants firmly Top 10, challenging for Top 6 for majority of season. Quite open League.

2 of the most happy clappers you could get, we could be bottom of the league and they'd "take the positives"!

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

In fairness every interview with Manning is thoroughly dull.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

“Try to not go all in one target” …. **** me 🤣🤣

That’s the part whereby Manning let himself down big time.  I know what he said was the right thing to an audience but actions certainly don’t reflect those words.  Why we haven’t moved on is beyond me as the longer it drags on the better people remember Twine being than he actually was. He’s decent but the way lots go on is like some Messi type figure. 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Unfortunate if not unexpected news about Yu. The rest was quite refreshing tbh.

Without making yet another thread about TC, it's Liam's decision and I , for one, agree with his choice.

Fair play to him for owning the decision on putting TC in the 21s. Said he told Tommy mid-season that if he didn't sign a new deal then the club would move him on this summer. Said a couple of times that TC wasn't "all in", which is patently true given he wants to leave...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

That’s the part whereby Manning let himself down big time.  I know what he said was the right thing to an audience but actions certainly don’t reflect those words.  Why we haven’t moved on is beyond me as the longer it drags on the better people remember Twine being than he actually was. He’s decent but the way lots go on is like some Messi type figure. 

👍  He should have been called out on this.

Part of my mind wants to think this is a smokescreen, and they have moved on, and are finalising the real #10 signing as we speak.

Ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Headlines so far….

I did say in the MDT that Rob A was just a niggle to stop people worrying, but it wasn't for me to put any details to that. After the couple of big ops and fighting his way back on to the pitch, a small groin strain must be a frustrating way to miss being in contention for the first game of the season. But I think he should be looking at the following weekend if needed.

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair play to him for owning the decision on putting TC in the 21s. Said he told Tommy mid-season that if he didn't sign a new deal then the club would move him on this summer. Said a couple of times that TC wasn't "all in", which is patently true given he wants to leave...

This is why I'm reluctant to cast too much judgement on the Conway situation; there are many conversations between the parties that haven't been privy to. And making decisive assessments based on the one or two nuggets that we do know, could potentially lead me to the wrong conclusion. 

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

To be fair I can't see any of our strikers getting anywhere near 13 goals unfortunately I'd be happy to be wrong and someone quote this in 10 months time though 

I’ll be amazed if Armstrong does based on his career record but not beyond possibility that Wells does, he’s done so plenty of times before & with Conway on his way out he might get more opportunity to do so.

No idea how many Mayulu will get, Kodjia came out of Ligue 2 & smashed it, truth is no one knows.

I reckon Bell would get double figures if he played up front alongside either of the new signings.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Faux paus by Ed Hadwin is it, listening back.

"Ipswich were a mess before Kieran...Maguire went in there".

??

I called him that on OSIB…it’s catching!

9 hours ago, Shuffle said:

What actions are you aware of that do t reflect the words?

How do we know we haven't moved on?

It's not as simple as you think! 

Maybe, just maybe it's us fans who haven't "moved on" and are all paranoid about twine?

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Maybe, just maybe it's us fans who haven't "moved on" and are all paranoid about twine?

Paranoid in what way ? There are plenty on here that would prefer we didn't sign him (for the money Burnley want).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why does Manning keep saying we offered Tommy a fantastic offer which he rejected? 

Which is completely at odds with what reportedly happened regarding the withdrawal of a contract offer and him being offered less. 

It’s possible that they did this summer, but Tommy had already told them ages ago he wouldn’t be signing.  This contract offer isn’t necessary the same straw that broke the camel’s back?

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

I guess at the end of last week trying to do a clever deal with Burnley, shows there is still some embers in the fire.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess at the end of last week trying to do a clever deal with Burnley, shows there is still some embers in the fire.

Most definitely, but it's not the only fire burning! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Most definitely, but it's not the only fire burning! :laugh:

Totally.  Brian has got Sean a tinplate to wave at the talent id campfire while he tends to the Twine fire that Burnley keep pissing on!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Totally.  Brian has got Sean a tinplate to wave at the talent id campfire while he tends to the Twine fire that Burnley keep pissing on!

I think it's more of a poker to prod! Lolol

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or was it Burnley who approached us.

If if was our initative then credit where due. If it was Burnley it fell into our lap a bit.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s possible that they did this summer, but Tommy had already told them ages ago he wouldn’t be signing.  This contract offer isn’t necessary the same straw that broke the camel’s back?

Or the revised offer was still very good, just not as good as the original one?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Isn't that like buying the ex wife a bunch of flowers after me causing the marriage to break down for example?

• Like 1