IGNORED

Scotland Euros squad

GrahamC

35 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Hardly played this season - would imagine TC will be the most likely if they call someone up 

Especially as Clarke has said recently if anyone got injured he dip into his u21s

52 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Hardly played this season - would imagine TC will be the most likely if they call someone up 

I know but he’s the better player and more like Dykes than any of the others

On Talksport just now we had both Chris Iwelumo and Darragh McAnthony saying that Tommy Conway is the most obvious replacement. 
The only thing that might prevent his call up is if Clarke wants a more physical presence to replace Dykes, in which case Nisbet might be more likely. 
But I’d say Tommy is now the favourite….. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

On Talksport just now we had both Chris Iwelumo and Darragh McAnthony saying that Tommy Conway is the most obvious replacement. 
The only thing that might prevent his call up is if Clarke wants a more physical presence to replace Dykes, in which case Nisbet might be more likely. 
But I’d say Tommy is now the favourite….. 

If Tommy is favourite it shows one thing ...... How piss poor the jocks are!

They will be straight home after the group stages

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

If Tommy is favourite it shows one thing ...... How piss poor the jocks are!

They will be straight home after the group stages

I think it shows that Tommy Conway is still highly rated.

Winner all round if he can make the senior squad and get sone game time.

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If I’m reading this correctly he has to drop a couple from the preliminary squad by the end of the week anyway? Is that correct!

I have my fingers crossed for Conway!

Yep, though one of those will be a keeper as they've got 4 in the squad currently. Then it's just a question of whether he replaces Dykes and drops from another position.

Edited by Northern Red

Becomes only the second City player to feature in a full international for Scotland whilst with us.

Paul Hartley was the other, Jamie McAllister was also on the bench a couple of times but didn’t get on the pitch.

Gow, Ritchie & Sweeney never did.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pip King said:

Ross starts for Scotland against fellow heavyweights Gibraltar this evening 

20240603_161345.jpg

Hopefully this is a sign he is going to get a good amount of minutes in the tournament. Sure he won't underestimate Gibraltar either, I noticed recently he played 90 mins when Aberdeen lost in the Scottish Cup to 6th tier side Darvel.

3 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Ross getting slated on twitter from the Scotland fans. Apparently no where near good enough to take to Germany 

Can moan all they want, what they've got to remember is that they are Scotland.

• Like 1

Ross has done fine. Hard to truly judge seeing as it's Gibraltar in a friendly.

He'll probably get another go on Friday and I expect he'll start against Germany.

Fingers crossed Tommy has done enough tonight. Could find himself making his senior debut this week.

Edited by Gazred

9 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Ross getting slated on twitter from the Scotland fans. Apparently no where near good enough to take to Germany 

He played pretty much as he does for us. Commentators mentioned a lack of penetration and attempts to get behind the defence on the right. That's basically him - rarely tries to beat a FB, usually stops and passes it back/sideways.

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

He played pretty much as he does for us. Commentators mentioned a lack of penetration and attempts to get behind the defence on the right. That's basically him - rarely tries to beat a FB, usually stops and passes it back/sideways.

Gibraltar, men behind the ball, Scotland taking an age to get the ball to him.  A little reluctant to pass early to the “new boy”.  McGinn getting into same area not helping.

You kinda got what you’d expect from McCrorie on debut, a safe performance.