IGNORED

Joe Williams - New 3 Year Deal - CONFIRMED

Gazred

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Crimson Crayola said:

I don't think you can claim its 'clensing' in this case as he was made an offer.

But we don't know if that offer was on similar, increased or reduced terms.

Maybe we did really want to keep him and offered him an improved deal but he's decided to move on. 

Regardless it has become a reoccurring theme over the past 12 months that anyone with any experience has left the club. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Someone on Twitter suggested that after Williams departs there will a “homecoming” to Ashton Gate, as his replacement. 
The only player I can think they might mean would be Herbie Kane? 
Anyone think of any others? 

I think I saw that tweet, picture of Herbie Kane with it wasn’t there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I think I saw that tweet, picture of Herbie Kane with it wasn’t there?

Yeah. Apologies. I’d only seen the text before. Hadn’t seen the pic. Yes, it’s Kane pictured!! 
???? Odd move 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Okay I'm dreaming here, slap me and wake me up but Brownhill and Reid are ex City and midfield technically

Living in a fantasy where we can get the odd marquee (for us) signing base to build on the solid base is better than the present direction of travel.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay I'm dreaming here, slap me and wake me up but Brownhill and Reid are ex City and midfield technically

Living in a fantasy where we can get the odd marquee (for us) signing base to build on the solid base is better than the present direction of travel.

Sorry to smash that fantasy.

We're definitely not getting Brownhill 100%. I'd be less surprised with Bobby but even that's a reach.

It's likely that person just likes Herbie Kane and is putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5. His tweet looks like he's just speculating if Joe leaves. Could be wrong but that's how I see it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

He's basically says its ongoing.

I really don't know what is different to the announcement on the retained list.

He’s replying to a bloke saying he’s ‘shitting up walls’.  Just don’t engage in that stuff. It’s not professional, not a good look. Just leave it alone. All imo of course.  

• Like 16

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Sorry to smash that fantasy.

We're definitely not getting Brownhill 100%. I'd be less surprised with Bobby but even that's a reach.

It's likely that person just likes Herbie Kane and is putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5. His tweet looks like he's just speculating if Joe leaves. Could be wrong but that's how I see it.

Yeah I know I know! I am just daydreaming but yeah no chance of course.

Zero chance, Pack maybe? Korey had his injuries even here and is 4 years on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s replying to a bloke saying he’s ‘shitting up walls’.  Just don’t engage in that stuff. It’s not professional, not a good look. Just leave it alone. All imo of course.  

Fair enough if that's your opinion. I don't share it.

37 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I don’t see what the Teknial Directums done wrong here? This is no different to a 100 thinly veiled throwaway comments managers ect will make over the close season. 

Simple, he’s done nothing wrong. If he says nothing, people complain. If he says something, people complain. He can’t win!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Simple, he’s done nothing wrong. If he says nothing, people complain. If he says something, people complain. He can’t win!

It is just grossly unprofessional.

A bit like disclosing non disclosed fees on local radio, speaking of 1/4 of the League ie the 6 games post Southampton saying that the coaching staff or insiders were 'rubbing their hands' at it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Burnley exercised the option on Brownhill today!

image.thumb.png.a74d04f85112fb1d87ccc2f6b61ad2d4.png

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah. Apologies. I’d only seen the text before. Hadn’t seen the pic. Yes, it’s Kane pictured!! 
???? Odd move 

Don’t think the twitter account is ITK per se, nor is he one to claim ITK, so tweets his thoughts.

If anyone thought I was wrong to be underwhelmed by Devante Cole, just warning you I’d be underwhelmed by Herbie Kane too. 😉😉😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, this is what, the seventh or eighth time that since having been promoted to his current role, which in his boss (Jon Lansdown) has acknowledged this week that communication must be better, that he’s shit the bed on Twitter and had to delete it.

Communication is part of his job. Being twelve isn’t. And I’ll say again, he’s one of the three most senior people in a multi million pound organisation. Show me another company where such hamfisted communication from a senior leader is acceptable.

Clue: There isn’t one. And he’s either too stupid or too arrogant to learn.

Edit: And for those who said he’d done nothing wrong in his original tweet, then riddle me this Batman, why did he need to delete it…

Exactly that !!!

32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not the end of the world. Williams has been part of the mediocre squad we have had for the past few years. Time to freshen it up.

If we were to start the season with Naismith (needs to stay fit!), Bird and Knight in midfield it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I think Williams has stepped up a gear over the last ten or so games of the season. He’s getting his mojo back after suffering from those injuries and actually has that dirty / aggressive edge which we have lacked for years.

I think it’s a bad thing he’s going especially with James gone. He does have a lot of experience at this level too. I think if we replaced him with someone better it would cost us a lot.

And Naismith haha…I keep forgetting he still plays for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, this is what, the seventh or eighth time that since having been promoted to his current role, which in his boss (Jon Lansdown) has acknowledged this week that communication must be better, that he’s shit the bed on Twitter and had to delete it.

Communication is part of his job. Being twelve isn’t. And I’ll say again, he’s one of the three most senior people in a multi million pound organisation. Show me another company where such hamfisted communication from a senior leader is acceptable.

Clue: There isn’t one. And he’s either too stupid or too arrogant to learn.

Edit: And for those who said he’d done nothing wrong in his original tweet, then riddle me this Batman, why did he need to delete it…

Deleted it because of the backlash and snide comments received about making the post to start with perhaps?

There's a really insidious and nasty nature to a lot of posts on here.

What we have here is he's said something, got backlash for saying something so deleted it and now is getting backlash for deleting it by the exact same people.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 5

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Tinnion posts daft tweet. 
Someone calls Tinnion to tell him he’s posted a daft tweet. 
Tinnion deletes daft tweet. 
Rinse and repeat. 

Or in a parallel universe…

Tinnion DMs someone about Azaz and fee.

Recipient shares it / ends up on OTIB.

Nice fan (currently blocked 👀) sends Tinnion a nice message to let him know someone has leaked his DM.

Tinnion replies that he isn’t fussed.

🤣🤣🤣

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I hadn’t realised he was back on Twitter. 
Does this mean we’re in the Premier League? 

Why do we keep putting these unqualified people in positions of power? Can I have a turn next?*

*Bizarrely I find myself saying this tongue in cheek, yet actually I know I’d be a billion times more professional!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or in a parallel universe…

Tinnion DMs someone about Azaz and fee.

Recipient shares it / ends up on OTIB.

Nice fan (currently blocked 👀) sends Tinnion a nice message to let him know someone has leaked his DM.

Tinnion replies that he isn’t fussed.

🤣🤣🤣

You’re a bitter man Dave 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

He just wants to communicate to the fans how well the academy is doing, and how well all our youngsters are doing out on loan. But all us fans are meanies, so he had to stop. Cry cry

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Does it count as being back on Twitter if you immediately delete your tweets when they’re flagged as unprofessional?

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Im thinking similar, its not as if we were flying at the top of the league for the last 3 years with these players who have gone, though i do respect that they have been top pros and done what they can.

Exactly that. It is no disrespect to them or their careers but we have players in their mid to late 20s who can fill these experience voids. I don’t think any player was spectacular enough we should be too worried. 

I’m no fan of Tinnion whatsoever. I think he’s loose-lipped, incompetent, out of his depth, Machiavellian. 

But on this occasion I don’t actually think he has done anything that bad or even delete worthy. The whole context of the original post and the response is ‘don’t shit yourself just yet’. I think that’s a relatively fair response to a reaction to a retained list over a period when the transfer window is closed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't get the point he was making in his tweet anyway. Anyone care to enlighten me? 🤔 

I think that the person he was quote tweeting (who didn’t even tag Tinnion - so he actively sought this engagement out) was expressing nervousness that Williams may go to Preston, and Tinnion advised him not to spread faeces over his walls at this stage. Wise words, no doubt, but again, why the heck would someone who is senior at a multi million pound company seek that interaction?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben1980 said:

Not exactly an exciting potential move for Williams - swapping between the two most bang average clubs in the championship.

Fair enough we are both very boring but we are also both established championship teams which is probably the highest level he will attain based on ability- plus one is closer to home.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that the person he was quote tweeting (who didn’t even tag Tinnion - so he actively sought this engagement out) was expressing nervousness that Williams may go to Preston, and Tinnion advised him not to spread faeces over his walls at this stage. Wise words, no doubt, but again, why the heck would someone who is senior at a multi million pound company seek that interaction?

Yes. 

I have no problem with Tinnion using his own platform to say "Sit tight, discussions with Joe are still ongoing" or indeed even replying to a more appropriate tweet. I encourage that sort of engagement. 

But to seek out and engage with a comment which speaks about faeces is not something a technical director should be doing. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 38MC said:

I’m no fan of Tinnion whatsoever. I think he’s loose-lipped, incompetent, out of his depth, Machiavellian. 

But on this occasion I don’t actually think he has done anything that bad or even delete worthy. The whole context of the original post and the response is ‘don’t shit yourself just yet’. I think that’s a relatively fair response to a reaction to a retained list over a period when the transfer window is closed. 

Another load of fuss over nothing, people are obsessed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know why he bothers engaging with moronic tweets.

If he wants to tell his followers that talks are ongoing then do that. Otherwise, just keep quiet about stuff like this. Like every other technical director does. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think Williams has stepped up a gear over the last ten or so games of the season. He’s getting his mojo back after suffering from those injuries and actually has that dirty / aggressive edge which we have lacked for years.

I think it’s a bad thing he’s going especially with James gone. He does have a lot of experience at this level too. I think if we replaced him with someone better it would cost us a lot.

And Naismith haha…I keep forgetting he still plays for us.

He has played well in games, but also had bad games as well. I just don’t think losing him is the end of the world.

And like I said recently about Matty James, there is a reason Williams is being linked with Preston and not Burnley, Shef Utd or other promotion hopefuls. It’s because he isn’t good enough to be part of a team serious about promotion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

HNM?

Personally I would be really happy with this, I know that @Davefevs had issues about his positional discipline, but I think with the right coaching and the right players ahead of him he could be a quality DM. 

We know he likes the area, maybe he is old enough to get out of his dad's clutches at last and make his own decisions?

• Like 1

It feels like he's craving that adoration he got as a player, you just don't get that in his role. It comes across needy and sometimes odd, Ashton doing high 5's with fans pitch side ??

It was a Tweet , though not worded in the best way, many of us could have posted , there is concern over losing our 3rd experienced CMF . Tinnion didn't need to react , but he seems to like to drop titbits on Social media , I expect if it was someone who worked under him and happened to be on here, they would be  more careful of the things they share but he has no filter. 
I wonder why he deleted it. Realisation he shouldn't have posted ? Someone pointing out he shouldn't have posted it ?
He's got into a senior role , sadly he doesn't seem to have any leadership above him to keep him in check, he should be more professional . If there is real news , they could just announce it properly , it's what the roof is there for.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Personally I would be really happy with this, I know that @Davefevs had issues about his positional discipline, but I think with the right coaching and the right players ahead of him he could be a quality DM. 

We know he likes the area, maybe he is old enough to get out of his dad's clutches at last and make his own decisions?

I most certainly did not!

Others did, not me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I most certainly did not!

Others did, not me.

Ah sorry Dave, I thought it was you, I remembered heat maps and things. 

Anyway, its obvious to me that when people put up highlights of games from recent seasons how much he got through in build ups etc, even if he wasn't the most prolific assister and scorer of goals. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I really like HNM, think fans used to get onto him because they forgot how young he was. Yet I think it wouldn't be the best value for the club bringing him back. We'd have to pay Burnley a fee. His wages likely will have gone up with that move. I suspect he wasn't doing too badly here to start with. I think we could get someone else of a similar age but more ready to go for a cheaper overall package. To be fair whatever club gets HNM consistently playing will see potentially a brilliant player.

• Hmmm 1

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It feels like he's craving that adoration he got as a player, you just don't get that in his role. It comes across needy and sometimes odd, Ashton doing high 5's with fans pitch side ??

It was a Tweet , though not worded in the best way, many of us could have posted , there is concern over losing our 3rd experienced CMF . Tinnion didn't need to react , but he seems to like to drop titbits on Social media , I expect if it was someone who worked under him and happened to be on here, they would be  more careful of the things they share but he has no filter. 
I wonder why he deleted it. Realisation he shouldn't have posted ? Someone pointing out he shouldn't have posted it ?
He's got into a senior role , sadly he doesn't seem to have any leadership above him to keep him in check, he should be more professional . If there is real news , they could just announce it properly , it's what the roof is there for.

Bang on.

I’ve said before, the adoration as a player is what blinds people here. If you put this in a real world scenario, if your company appointed a senior member of staff with no experience at the level he was being put into (and failure at a lower level job he was now overseeing), then in his first 7 months in the role he:

- Released confidential company information (undisclosed fees)

- Slated competitors publicly (“rubbing our hands”)

- Flounced off one of your main communication channels in a huff (See you in the prem)

- Actively blocked engagement with your most influential customers (exiled Robin blocked etc)

- Told proveable lies around employees in public (Mebude work permit)

- Frequently contradicted the chair of the board (documented a lot recently)

- And I’m not even going into how the spelling stuff looks to external parties

…then as an employee you’d have no confidence in the management. In a normal corporate environment (and this is important when we’re seeking investment partners as opposed to a takeover), then the shareholders would be looking at a motion of no confidence based on competency and value on “brand”. Particularly when there is currently no credit from other performance metrics (at best it’s static on footballing factors since Tinnions current role)

All people need to do before they decide whether his actions are defendable is call him Dave Robinson who has never kicked a ball. And when you apply that test, with those aspects above, how can you have confidence in or defend the bloke?

• Like 7
  • Flames 6

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Same, he had flaws to his game but had some great attributes too. I don't think its realistic, but Burnley may be looking to offload excess squad players following relegation. Who knows, but I'd be happy to see him return.

Is a man not allowed a sense of humour anymore?

Tinnion has done nothing wrong here at all.  Those who are picking and digging at this clearly look for anything and everything to have a moan.

Get behind the club, the Lansdown’s, Tinnion, the squad and give them a platform of support to lean on and we may achieve.

Beating and Bashing everyone for every tiny little thing has knock on effects you wouldn’t ever believe existed, but they do!!!

so before you type some of you need to question whether you want success or you don’t, and going by the majority of people’s negativity on here you don’t!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 4

46 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bang on.

I’ve said before, the adoration as a player is what blinds people here. If you put this in a real world scenario, if your company appointed a senior member of staff with no experience at the level he was being put into (and failure at a lower level job he was now overseeing), then in his first 7 months in the role he:

- Flounced off one of your main communication channels in a huff (See you in the prem)

- Actively blocked engagement with your most influential customers (exiled Robin blocked etc)

…then as an employee you’d have no confidence in the management. In a normal corporate environment (and this is important when we’re seeking investment partners as opposed to a takeover), then the shareholders would be looking at a motion of no confidence based on competency and value on “brand”. Particularly when there is currently no credit from other performance metrics (at best it’s static on footballing factors since Tinnions current role)

All people need to do before they decide whether his actions are defendable is call him Dave Robinson who has never kicked a ball. And when you apply that test, with those aspects above, how can you have confidence in or defend the bloke?

What was the Mebude work permit lie you refer to? Honestly interested and think I missed this.

19 hours ago, Jacki said:

Completely agree. The lack of experience could really hurt us if Williams goes and we don’t move quickly to replace him.

We seem to be going exclusively for young players, which is great for re-sale value but who is going to bring these players through and mentor them? The likes of James and especially King were great with Scott, Semenyo, Conway and Bell. We really are missing a trick if we don’t keep those types of people around or replace them with similar. In my opinion anyway.

The lack of experience and knowhow at the club, at all levels, really does concern me. 

For me this is what rings true. Of course there could be other factors at play here i.e. geographically closer to home. However, if the likes of Preston are out bidding us for one of our own players on contract length and or wages then that isn't a good look.

Wasn't long ago there was good debate on us keeping both James and Williams versus who would we keep if we had to choose. Looks like it may well be neither. I didn't see that as an outcome 2 months ago. I'm more than a little bit concerned TBH.

• Like 4

Just now, supercidered said:

For me this is what rings true. Of course there could be other factors at play here i.e. geographically closer to home. However, if the likes of Preston are out bidding us for one of our own players on contract length and or wages then that isn't a good look.

Wasn't long ago there was good debate on us keeping both James and Williams versus who would we keep if we had to choose. Looks like it may well be neither. I didn't see that as an outcome 2 months ago. I'm more than a little bit concerned TBH.

There is a part of me that would’ve tried to keep both, but for whatever reason, I’m not surprised James isn’t here next season.  We can of course speculate of wages, length of contract, location, playing expectations…on both sides.

But Williams, we want to keep.  We’ve been told we’ve offered him a contract (although retained list said - in discussions with).  We haven’t offered him a contact to ensure we get compo (like we might for a young player), or anything like that, we’ve offered him a contract because LM sees him as part of his squad, in whatever role he deems).

If we lose him now, that’s poor on City’s part.  They’ve allowed contract discussions to roll into a period when other clubs can show interest.

I hope he does sign.

But if he doesn’t, we are either in the realms of looking to replace with another free transfer (narrowing the pool) or going to have to go into the market and pay for a player.

With Bird and Knight we picked them up for good value and importantly with good Championship experience.  Not just good value in terms of fee paid / wages, but future value too.  Knight had a year left, Bird 5 months.

We would need to repeat a Knight type deal as it’s a summer window.  Over to you, Recruitment!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Show me another company where such hamfisted communication from a senior leader is acceptable.

Tesla? The USA between 2017 and 2021? 

I agree with your overall point btw, but there are plenty of companies with absolute idiots spouting off on Twitter at the top!

(And we should definitely not be aiming to be just above the absolute dregs)

Edited by IAmNick

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bang on.

Particularly odd in light of JLs recent comments about the lack of egos at BCFC 

20 minutes ago, UpTheReds said:

What was the Mebude work permit lie you refer to? Honestly interested and think I missed this.

Tinnion said that Mebude hasn’t played much / settled in Belgium because of work permit issues.

However a journo that @Curr Avon approached said the only work permit issue was in fact a visa issue on a preseason training camp in Turkey.

Mebude played in the opening 3 games of the season, so no work permit issues.  Then he didn’t play again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There is a part of me that would’ve tried to keep both, but for whatever reason, I’m not surprised James isn’t here next season.  We can of course speculate of wages, length of contract, location, playing expectations…on both sides.

But Williams, we want to keep.  We’ve been told we’ve offered him a contract (although retained list said - in discussions with).  We haven’t offered him a contact to ensure we get compo (like we might for a young player), or anything like that, we’ve offered him a contract because LM sees him as part of his squad, in whatever role he deems).

If we lose him now, that’s poor on City’s part.  They’ve allowed contract discussions to roll into a period when other clubs can show interest.

I hope he does sign.

But if he doesn’t, we are either in the realms of looking to replace with another free transfer (narrowing the pool) or going to have to go into the market and pay for a player.

With Bird and Knight we picked them up for good value and importantly with good Championship experience.  Not just good value in terms of fee paid / wages, but future value too.  Knight had a year left, Bird 5 months.

We would need to repeat a Knight type deal as it’s a summer window.  Over to you, Recruitment!

Whilst I have to concede I think there has been some improvement in our recruitment lately. I'm still very nervous about it. Finger crossed is the best I can come up with at the moment.

• Like 1

Seems a bizarre move to let James go and then lose Williams

Notice Tinnion has deleted whatever it was he tweeted 🤦‍♂️

There's no chance Reid or Brownhill come back here, even less HNM I'd imagine after the way he was treated by some and talk of Pack / Korey etc is just silly. We need to move forwards not backwards.

Would be a shame to see Williams go, felt like we were finally starting to see the player we expected 2 years ago

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Is a man not allowed a sense of humour anymore?

Tinnion has done nothing wrong here at all.  Those who are picking and digging at this clearly look for anything and everything to have a moan.

Get behind the club, the Lansdown’s, Tinnion, the squad and give them a platform of support to lean on and we may achieve.

Beating and Bashing everyone for every tiny little thing has knock on effects you wouldn’t ever believe existed, but they do!!!

so before you type some of you need to question whether you want success or you don’t, and going by the majority of people’s negativity on here you don’t!

Of course you could argue that it’s because we just want better, and our critique is about driving standards that would mean improvement.  We could just let City become “cosy club” again.  That went well didn’t it?

+++++

Whether the tweet in question was humorous or not, he obviously felt in better to delete (or was told to).  Maybe Brian Tinnion could take your advice and question before he types??? Touché

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Whilst I have to concede I think there has been some improvement in our recruitment lately. I'm still very nervous about it. Finger crossed is the best I can come up with at the moment.

I agree, recruitment has improved.

I’m more nervous about what playing plan we are trying to recruit to.  But that’s more to do with where we are in the summer and how we ended the season, ie where has the need for a powerful winger come from?  Hopefully things will drop into place.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David Brent said:

I don’t know why he bothers engaging with moronic tweets.

If he wants to tell his followers that talks are ongoing then do that. Otherwise, just keep quiet about stuff like this. Like every other technical director does. 

Quite right - just ignore the ***** in life, as we all do... that's what they're there for.

Whilst not the biggest fan of Williams, to lose him & 2 of our other experienced players in James & Wiemann (although i would of let him go) would be a bit of a concern. Experience is so key in this division, think we really needed to keep hold of one out of James & Williams, but to lose both would be a hell of a blow.

Not sure what the rumours of Herbie Kane coming back are or if he is a good player however does has some very good stats from League 1 this season, but certainly doesn't look like the most athletic 25 year old man in the world, not to take anything away form his footballing ability!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

I really like HNM, think fans used to get onto him because they forgot how young he was. Yet I think it wouldn't be the best value for the club bringing him back. We'd have to pay Burnley a fee. His wages likely will have gone up with that move. I suspect he wasn't doing too badly here to start with. I think we could get someone else of a similar age but more ready to go for a cheaper overall package. To be fair whatever club gets HNM consistently playing will see potentially a brilliant player.

Only at City could we buy a player for big money, lose him for nothing then pay another fee to get him back. Doesn't sound too clever that does it?

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, supercidered said:

So how much do we feel is reasonable to keep JW at the club?

As a free agent he could presumably get a hefty signing on fee which could supplement a weekly wage and take him up to around to a 20k a week average. Is that a figure fans would be happy to see us matching?

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So how much do we feel is reasonable to keep JW at the club?

As a free agent he could presumably get a hefty signing on fee which could supplement a weekly wage and take him up to around to a 20k a week average. Is that a figure fans would be happy to see us matching?

As per earlier post, we can offer him a contract signing “bonus” too.

I’d pay him in / around the same as our highest earners….whatever that may be.  RG suggested around the £15k p.w. mark.

• Thanks 2