IGNORED

Where do you live

17 hours ago, BigTone said:

I live in a small town called Aigre in France. Originally my family came from Penge in London so I was saddled with Palace fans at every turn.  We moved to Nailsea when I was very young and my Dad took me to a game at AG between Palace and City. After the game he asked me what I thought to which I answered
"I liked the team in red".  To this day he hasn't forgiven me.  The fact that my 2nd team is Millwall doesn't rest easy with him either.  He's 99 in August so hopefully will understand my stance by then !!  Somehow, though I doubt it.

Fair way down that Tone , what made you move there , must admit as I get older the more I want to get the fxxk out of this country but err indoors is not so keen ( divorce ) 😂😂😂😂 joke just in case she reads this 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, redkev said:

The palace game wasn’t the one city lost 1-0 was it Alan whittle scored for palace , they had not won for 19 games then beat city , 

No, I'm talking circa 1962 or 63 from memory. Whittle would have been a good bit later I think.  It was 1 nil though (we lost)

Edited by BigTone

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redkev said:

Fair way down that Tone , what made you move there , must admit as I get older the more I want to get the fxxk out of this country but err indoors is not so keen ( divorce ) 😂😂😂😂 joke just in case she reads this 

We used to come to France on hols and loved it so decided to buy this place. We had property in Ireland which we sold during the property boom to make it possible. We have 2 Gites that we can rent out plus another house in a neighbouring village for long term rental. Also, had a place in Frinton on Sea, Essex which we just sold. Been here 18 years now and just love the place. Came here with zero French but now chat away no problem with the locals (learnt the numbers etc by going to Bingo or Lotto as they call it with our French neighbours).  Also learning French helped me work in Morocco for a good while building a Palace for the Emir of Qatar (He's good mates with King Mohammed 6 of Morocco) in an amazing place called Ifrane in the Atlas Mountains.

Also did a couple of contracts in Saudi which I absolutely loved.. Amazing country.

Now in a situation where Wife's health has been shite for a good while but still no designs on moving away. Health system here is second to none.

Lots I miss about Bristol / Nailsea but happy with our lot in life.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

No, I'm talking circa 1962 or 63 from memory. Whittle would have been a good bit later I think.  It was 1 nil though (we lost)

Whittle was around about 72/73. I still think 🤦‍♂️ 

Match of the Day. 😂 That hurt!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Just looked it up November 73. So 73/74 season

My first game as a 9 year old taken to the gate by my Man Utd supporting dad who also preferred the gas to city ( mainly just to piss me off ) dad worked every weekend so couldn’t take me after that so went with a friends dad loved it , but actually went to Eastville for my first venture to football ( without adults in tow ) got train from shirehampton with lads from our school got to Stapleton road then walked to eastville the whole area / ground was a shithole reaffirmed what I already knew deep down I was a red , never looked back , 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2024 at 17:03, Davefevs said:

Is that a ruse to make me put the Mem into my google maps history.  I ain’t falling for it

I thought you know where North Bristol Was , I do and live 25 mile south of Ashton Gate

On 26/05/2024 at 13:20, BigTone said:

He's Mr Indestructible.  He had a stroke a few weeks back but is easier to understand since than he was before !!  How does that work ?

Fair play to the old bugger , cherish him why you have him Tone , lost mine 38 years ago he was 42 dropped down dead in front of me fit as a fiddle then hit with a massive brain haemorrhage died instantly ( blessing in disguise that he went straight away ) no way can I think of anything worse than pushing about in a wheelchair he would of hated it he was as hard as nails proper old school ,proper grafter put food on the table whilst mother done the housework and looked after the kids , he would really struggle in todays pc world I think ( might have adapted but don’t think so ) miss him more now than I ever did 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Lived in gloucester most of my life,my dad's from knowle and supported city all his life,took me to ag at the age of 6..I'm 58 now! Live in longlevens area of gloucester, know at least 12 other city fans round here,all go to games. Most go to all away games too

• Like 1

Unsure if I qualify as the fan that lives the furthest away. Google maps says it’s 17,554kms from my gate in southern Tasmania to Ashton Gate. An Antarctic fan would beat it but can’t think of too many other places. 

• Like 5

On 25/05/2024 at 23:45, BigTone said:

I live in a small town called Aigre in France. Originally my family came from Penge in London so I was saddled with Palace fans at every turn.  We moved to Nailsea when I was very young and my Dad took me to a game at AG between Palace and City. After the game he asked me what I thought to which I answered
"I liked the team in red".  To this day he hasn't forgiven me.  The fact that my 2nd team is Millwall doesn't rest easy with him either.  He's 99 in August so hopefully will understand my stance by then !!  Somehow, though I doubt it.

When I worked in Beckenham we called it Penge Regis.

• Haha 1

Born in Sarf London but moved to Nailsea in early seventies.  First game was a "derby" at Eastville.  Remember Keith Fear chipped a beauty over their keeper and City won (4-3?).  Since moved a lot - north-east, north-west and Kent but have lived in Spain for seven years and will probably die here - but not just yet!  Love it here though the local cider is very sweet.  Recently on a bus wearing my City T-shirt someone said "F*** the Gas".  I suggested he have sex and travel but not sure he understood.  Bless....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Billio said:

Born in Sarf London but moved to Nailsea in early seventies.  First game was a "derby" at Eastville.  Remember Keith Fear chipped a beauty over their keeper and City won (4-3?).  Since moved a lot - north-east, north-west and Kent but have lived in Spain for seven years and will probably die here - but not just yet!  Love it here though the local cider is very sweet.  Recently on a bus wearing my City T-shirt someone said "**** the Gas".  I suggested he have sex and travel but not sure he understood.  Bless....

That should have been "F*** the Gas"  Sorry for the error.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billio said:

That should have been "**** the Gas"  Sorry for the error.

I´ll try again.  That should have been "F*** the Gas".  That´s the trouble with writing after, er, lunch.