IGNORED

Dear Jim Dirty Leeds v Scummers

REDOXO

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Leeds loanees returning this summer!

image.png.471a2cee53652a59149012100e9312d3.png

😱😱😱

Saints thoroughly deserved the win today.

Right…on with the window!

I think the transfer business by both Leeds and Southampton this season was quite interesting. 
Leeds sold about £30m of players and brought in about £30m of players. 
Southampton sold about £160m of players and only brought in about £20m of players. 

Although Saints relied more on loans (Bellis, Downes, Brooks, Fraser, Rothwell). 

Leicester spent £40m and sold £100m  

I know it’s easy to say that the relegated teams should go back up, but Southampton definitely had the tougher task of the 3 of them, with the players they lost and the amount spent on incomings. 

Southampton did today what every team who beat them managed to do - quieten both Gnonto and Summerville - and without those two firing Leeds looked bang average.

I expect both of them may want to leave in the summer - so Leeds will pose less of a threat to everyone next season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the transfer business by both Leeds and Southampton this season was quite interesting. 
Leeds sold about £30m of players and brought in about £30m of players. 
Southampton sold about £160m of players and only brought in about £20m of players. 

Although Saints relied more on loans (Bellis, Downes, Brooks, Fraser, Rothwell). 

Leicester spent £40m and sold £100m  

I know it’s easy to say that the relegated teams should go back up, but Southampton definitely had the tougher task of the 3 of them, with the players they lost and the amount spent on incomings. 

Think it’s swings and roundabouts.

Ultimately, all three should’ve got promoted.  Superior squads after their ins and outs, and fair play to Ipswich for upsetting the trio, getting an auto place too,

For info Harwood-Bellis is now a Saints player….£20m promo obligation (not option).

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Southampton did today what every team who beat them managed to do - quieten both Gnonto and Summerville - and without those two firing Leeds looked bang average.

I expect both of them may want to leave in the summer - so Leeds will pose less of a threat to everyone next season

Gnonto wanted out last summer to the point where he was refusing to train, so he'll definitely making sure he goes this time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Gnonto wanted out last summer to the point where he was refusing to train, so he'll definitely making sure he goes this time.

Best mate is a season ticket holder and said if they don’t go up there screwed regarding players leaving 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

probably end up having to play them on a Tuesday night up there. 

What joy.

We had great joy there one Tuesday afternoon.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barry Sheene said:

Unfortunately City now start on Minus 6 points next season after that result

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Ah well, that`s us starting on minus 6 next season....................................

No we won’t, we’ll start on 0 point.

Losing against Leeds doesn’t mean we lose 3 points, just means we don’t gain any.

A better ‘joke’ would be to say we’ve only got 44 games.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Know a couple of gas who like Leeds, and cream themselves when they beat us. Oh well 

What an awful combination. They should do time for that really 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Saints the better side in what I thought was a nothing special game tbh

They usually are. The Hull game was rubbish with us.

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just realised this means we won't get a Saints-Pompey derby, which is always a highlight for fans of pure unadulterated hatred.

But we get a Sheffield derby which makes up for it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just realised this means we won't get a Saints-Pompey derby, which is always a highlight for fans of pure unadulterated hatred.

I live in central Southampton not too far from St. Marys stadium. A friend who is a Saints season ticket holder once invited me to go to one of these derbies back in the early 2000's in the league cup. I can confirm it's "lively".

• Like 2

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Terrible result for us. Leeds will beat us twice and that’s a promotion place we cannot now secure. Dreadful. 

Remind me - Do we have any history in beating Southampton? 🤣

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Terrible result for us. Leeds will beat us twice and that’s a promotion place we cannot now secure. Dreadful. 

Why will they go up next season? 

22 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Yet another who has a crystal ball………….:cool2: Any idea where I can get one?

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yet another who has a crystal ball………….:cool2: Any idea where I can get one?

Sorry but I bought the last one before the shop closed due to unforseen circumstances.  But I have it on good authority that there is another opening on North St in December 2026.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

you got to hope they do beat us twice, can you imagine tinnion if we do win one of those games?  :yawn:

So what are the odds on Russell Martin being Bayern Munich’s manager for the 2025-26, after he emulates Vincent Kompany on not changing his promoted team’s playing style at all to cope with being in the Premier League, the team getting beaten regularly and then relegated again? 

Unfortunately for Martin, unlike Burnley, Southampton won’t wait all season to see what’s going down, I.e. their team. Remember last time they were promoted they dumped Nigel Adkins after just a couple of months in the Premier League despite back-to-back promotions, so as to bring in Pochettino. Wonder what he’s up to these days?!

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

So what are the odds on Russell Martin being Bayern Munich’s manager for the 2025-26, after he emulates Vincent Kompany on not changing his promoted team’s playing style at all to cope with being in the Premier League, the team getting beaten regularly and then relegated again? 

Unfortunately for Martin, unlike Burnley, Southampton won’t wait all season to see what’s going down, I.e. their team. Remember last time they were promoted they dumped Nigel Adkins after just a couple of months in the Premier League despite back-to-back promotions, so as to bring in Pochettino. Wonder what he’s up to these days?!

It's a kind of weird thing for him to say as, to my eyes, he already has changed style, at least in that game. It appeared to me as though Southampton were playing much more on the transition and were content to let Leeds have the majority of the possession. Or did my eyes deceive me?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

It's a kind of weird thing for him to say as, to my eyes, he already has changed style, at least in that game. It appeared to me as though Southampton were playing much more on the transition and were content to let Leeds have the majority of the possession. Or did my eyes deceive me?

Think it’s a case of a bit of respect for ability of opponent, so, yes, get into structure and stop Leeds, especially from 1-0 up.

I think what I’ve seen with Martin, in reference to his arrogance, is that he can’t seem to accept his tram’s superior ability can ever not win against alleged inferior opponents.

23 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Did a complete job on Leeds same as what Man U did the day before.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think it’s a case of a bit of respect for ability of opponent, so, yes, get into structure and stop Leeds, especially from 1-0 up.

I think what I’ve seen with Martin, in reference to his arrogance, is that he can’t seem to accept his tram’s superior ability can ever not win against alleged inferior opponents.

Next season most teams they encounter will be superior !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cityal said:

I live in central Southampton not too far from St. Marys stadium. A friend who is a Saints season ticket holder once invited me to go to one of these derbies back in the early 2000's in the league cup. I can confirm it's "lively".

I lived there in the 80s. The town centre was like a war-zone when the Skates visited, shops shuttered etc. 

Only ever experienced violent rivalry like that when I attended a Sheffield derby.

Been lively in Bristol on the past, but both the former derbies are something else.

29 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Have you seen our record v Leeds. They are a class act at this level and will always be up there above City. 

Previous records are meaningless Shaun. There’s likely be an exodus from Elland Rd and they probably won’t be as strong as last season whereas we’ll be stronger with the additions over the summer along with Manning having a full preseason ‘on the grass’ to mould the squad into his methods and style of play.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I know he is not everyone's cup of tea but Warnock is great to listen to.

The bit about praising John Brooks for his refereeing performance yesterday was comedy gold.

If you didn't see it he said I have been waiting 15 years to praise John Brooks performance, which today was class. Usually when I mention his name I get a 20k fine..

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is parking the Tram..........a bit like parking the bus?...............Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Is parking the Tram..........a bit like parking the bus?...............Asking for a friend.

Apparently we will have one of those tram things here soon I read in the Evening post in 1982 was 18 then 60 now still fxxking waiting 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Apparently we will have one of those tram things here soon I read in the Evening post in 1982 was 18 then 60 now still fxxking waiting 

Mate, we still haven't cleared up from WW2 yet. Give it time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Just got this text :

“Disgusted with curry's 
Just bought a new 45 inch TV to watch the premier league on next season but its come with no Leeds”

Keep up. That was posted here on Sunday at 21.16 hrs

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Previous records are meaningless Shaun. There’s likely be an exodus from Elland Rd and they probably won’t be as strong as last season whereas we’ll be stronger with the additions over the summer along with Manning having a full preseason ‘on the grass’ to mould the squad into his methods and style of play.

Good to see you managed to obtain a crystal ball after all

On 27/05/2024 at 14:22, Robbored said:

I’ve bumped this because I have a really positive feeling about next season that’s a stronger one than it has been for many seasons.

At the start of every season I’m caustically optimistic about our potential but more often than not it’s usually something of a let down - mid table obscurity again……….…..:sleeping:

To me it just feels very different this time around.

• Facepalm 1