IGNORED

rubbish City designs - the gift that keeps on giving.

Antman

4 hours ago, Richard Head said:

If “Fever Pitch” had a basic understanding of branding they wouldn’t produce lots of different logos but one consistent one. I actually like the robin (not the splat version) but at my last count there were at least four. The devil makes work for idle hands.

It’s that awful Irish typeface that bugs me. The brand identity is shocking

Bristol city football club

KEEP IT SIMPLE really is the best 

small badge design on chest not CITY emblazoned across the front or back or that ridiculous one on arm , come on small quality pieces please 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Bristol city football club

KEEP IT SIMPLE really is the best 

small badge design on chest not CITY emblazoned across the front or back or that ridiculous one on arm , come on small quality pieces please 

pffft that doesnt sound very "maverick thinking" of you

6 hours ago, Waffleflap said:

Our gear has been awful for years  . Apart from the odd decent tracksuit top, it's been poor. 

Keep it simple and smart and it'll fly off the shelves if it's in stock, which is another story 

My hummel training tops were great - are great - no wanky sponsors logo either. Worth the £30/35 asking price, especially with the points discount we used to get.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Richard Head said:

If “Fever Pitch” had a basic understanding of branding they wouldn’t produce lots of different logos but one consistent one. I actually like the robin (not the splat version) but at my last count there were at least four. The devil makes work for idle hands.

This is what I don’t understand. Even I know this.

I'm sure you're average BTEC creative design student learnt this in their first term, and would be on the floor laughing themselves silly if they were asked to comment on the whole fever pitch deal.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

This is what I don’t understand. Even I know this.

I'm sure you're average BTEC creative design student learnt this in their first term, and would be on the floor laughing themselves silly if they were asked to comment on the whole fever pitch deal.

What are people not getting, of course hes not doing what any designer with a brain would do. HES A MAVERICK!!!

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If theres one person thats inspired me, someone who is a maverick thinker, someome who does that 🖕 to the old codgers on OTIB, then, it's John Lansdown. Because Jonno will happily say "that's what I think of your football clubs heritage, yes I've enjoyed the odd Thatchers, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm knocking up some shit kit designs with my crayons"

'Designed by ShitKit' has a certain ring to it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ahem!

image.thumb.png.1c6c0b58c13aeaca064ffed473aa1333.png

Wowser!   I have obviously underestimated this Dude?    "Dogs in kits"..and Groundbreaking concepts?...............that is up there with with some of the centuries great thinkers and innovators......cannot wait to see what he comes up with next?.......Maybe he isn't a tosser, but he is having a good attempt?

Edited by maxjak

On 30/05/2024 at 11:47, 2015 said:

Why is it easy to be critical behind a keyboard? We're fans and can voice our opinions.

I'd say it to Jon's face - it makes us look corporate and pathetic.

Um.............because that is what most Internet trolls tend to   do?

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

My hummel training tops were great - are great - no wanky sponsors logo either. Worth the £30/35 asking price, especially with the points discount we used to get.

Yeah I liked those. 

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

Fever Pitch don’t appear to do a great deal outside of Bristol City. At least it frees Jon up for his role as Chairman of Bristol City FC. 

You think a maverick would only have one client? He also works with Bristol bears and Bristol flyers, how he got those deals…. Well only a maverick would know 

On 31/05/2024 at 08:58, Davefevs said:

Ahem!

A couple of thoughts spring to mind assuming that final sentence is true:

1. Incredible that we've done such a poor job with kit designs in recent years if that's all he's thinking about!

2. Bit concerning that our CEO is solely obsessed with kit design and nothing else.

Though I say the above in jest, it does add more evidence to what I believe to be a very real problem - Jon seems far more interested in his design work than he is in actually running a Championship football club.

• Like 2

My main problem is with the phrase “We Always Believe”. 

We sang this when Basso was our goalkeeper. And after he left it soon disappeared too. 
We haven’t sung this for at least 10 years, probably more. 
Why does Fever Pitch (Jon) still believe this is a ‘thing’? It’s not. 
It was basically Basso. And it’s been gone for about 15 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

My main problem is with the phrase “We Always Believe”. 

We sang this when Basso was our goalkeeper. And after he left it soon disappeared too. 
We haven’t sung this for at least 10 years, probably more. 
Why does Fever Pitch (Jon) still believe this is a ‘thing’? It’s not. 
It was basically Basso. And it’s been gone for about 15 years. 

It’s always blown my mind, this. 

I absolutely loved the bloke. I can understand singing it whilst he was here. 

But we’re now basically plastering the trademark quote from a goalkeeper who played for us 15 years ago, who left the club under a huge cloud after he claimed God came to him and told him if he left us he would get into the Brazil 2010 World Cup squad. 

It’s so ******* bizarre. 

• Haha 2

On 31/05/2024 at 08:58, Davefevs said:

Ahem!

**** me. 

I suppose he a maverick thinker, because it’s absolutely off the ******* chain stupidity to do something like try and use multiple logos for the same thing, manage to turn a brand that has 100+ years heritage into something with no clear identity, and give over an enormous multi-year multi-purpose sponsorship deals out without a competitive pitch process.

Off the chain, out the box stuff. For a reason!!

• Like 2