IGNORED

Tommy Conway Baby

REDOXO

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ian’s reply to my tweet on X was it’s not come from the club, it’s just his view in replying to the Post article and him talking to agents and he might be wrong…..Hmmmmmm!

Oh dear, I do hope he and Brian haven't fallen out, it seemed to be a heart warming relationship. Did Ian forget to mention Southampton perhaps? 😉

• Haha 3

Tommy is a good lad and I would sorry to see go. 
But you do have to wonder how much of the rumours are Agent lad looking 👀 to line his pockets and not really 🤔 putting Tommy’s image.gif.392e742b3e2ba1f83a792ffed1ce1010.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

So, first of all Ian wasn’t being fed anything by the club, and he was trying to look like he was in the know. But now, a few months on, we’re saying he is the literal mouthpiece of for the club. This forum couldn’t be anymore bipolar if it tried 😂

You need to look to Ian Gay not the forum . 

At least you remain unipolar in your postings . 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Interesting point - Conway looking to leave as he doesn’t believe he is  suited to Mannings way of playing…. Ouch,  That’s a serious situation for the hierarchy at the club if true. Why are talented young players wanting to leave the management of a guy handpicked to do develop them. That’s not the ethos we are being told is our plan moving forward. 

The club is a basket case of a mess, has been for some times.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

The club is a basket case of a mess, has been for some times.

It's a shame isn't it.

Gould, Pearson and his team were the correct one for me. Didn't warm to Alexander so much but surely better than what we have now.

I don't include Manning and Hogg in this, but above him- Tinnion is manifestly unsuited to his present position, Jon Lansdown well...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

You need to look to Ian Gay not the forum . 

At least you remain unipolar in your postings . 

It’s not difficult is it….things change.

Ian used to be the proverbial - “I heard it from the bloke on the gate / bloke who cuts the grass” type ITKer.

But in recent times he’s cultivated a relationship (and fair play to him too) with those “inside the gate” (inside The Gate).  What Ian then decides to tweet is up to him.  He’s not being held back is he?

I wish he’d let us have a bit of fun with rumours (however wild) before he quashes them though! 😉😉😉

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5

On 12/06/2024 at 16:57, Sleepy1968 said:

Loyalty is not how I would describe it. 'in the days of John Atyeo' players had very low wages, and their contracts were wholly controlled by the clubs. It wasn't like they had the option to move or not.

Nonsense as many players moved up the football hierarchy, egDermot Curtis for one.  There may have been a set wage but players found a way around, eg even old Harry offered John incentives to return the season after he retired.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not difficult is it….things change.

Ian used to be the proverbial - “I heard it from the bloke on the gate / bloke who cuts the grass” type ITKer.

But in recent times he’s cultivated a relationship (and fair play to him too) with those “inside the gate” (inside The Gate).  What Ian then decides to tweet is up to him.  He’s not being held back is he?

I wish he’d let us have a bit of fun with rumours (however wild) before he quashes them though! 😉😉😉

That's all well and good but the impression is that the info comes from Tinnion. Brian clearly has a lot of passion for Bristol City but it's giving "someone is wrong on the internet and I must correct them" vibes. This reveals club positions which at the very least screams unprofessional but in a worst case scenario, if other people in football have established that we are leaking directly to a fan with no filter, can weaken our negotiating position and make us a club people don't wish to work with/for.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, marksy said:

I don’t know anything but I do think he thinks he’s better than he actually is. He definitely wouldn’t have started so many games if there was more competition up front. 
He might prove me wrong but I can’t ever see him being a premiership striker. 

I can’t see him being a TOP Premier League player. He doesn’t have blistering pace, when the ball is played into him with someone up his arse he’s very ordinary imo and his finishing isn’t deadly either. He’s a good player at our level with work to do and not someone I would be that angry over if he’s told us to **** off.

If he doesn’t like Liams style of play then it’s simple, the club finds someone who does, that’s where the judgement lies. My hunch is we’ll see Tommy down the Gate next season lining up for the opposition.

• Like 4

On 13/06/2024 at 15:01, Kid in the Riot said:

He'll be lucky to get a Prem move. Championship club more likely as of now. 

Was thinking the same. Top 6 club. Hang on a minute that's us!? 🤣

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

A WHOLE £3 ? My God, go steady !

Well, I'm not saying 'rip-off', but those odds are robbery for a sub, aren't they. Even if he was playing from the start, his true odds would be about 7-1 or longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Tommy to be top Scotland Goalscorer is the bet. 

Hungary to beat Scotland looks a certainty after last night's watch. Bookies currently have Scotland as Favs for that game!!!!!!

What are the odds on Rudiger to be Scotland's top goalscorer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9