IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Thanks Dave.

You rightly make the case that it wasn’t a hard game for Germany, and that Nagelsman didn’t need some tactical masterplan for that game.

But at the same time, have to say I was impressed with Germany. They have some great players, and they do use them well. I’m looking forward to seeing them against tougher opposition.

McCrorie and Conway: just demonstrates what happens if you leave your best players on the bench all game……..😂😂

⬇️⬇️⬇️

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hungary have improved significantly in the last decade or so. They may oddly get some joy from Switzerland only because as always, Switzerland do lack a high calibre striker. Perennial weakness of theirs but they can score goals regardless.

Scotland getting 1 point at best wouldn't surprise me.

On last night’s showing, Germany are very decent - who’d have guessed!

Likely to be a 3-team mini group.  Scotland the lowest rank (19, 26, 39).  Tough job ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redstart said:

Clarke is out of his depth, I do wonder if the Scots might approach Moyes after the tournament. 

I wouldn’t be so harsh on Clarke tbh. The side he is managing would be top 6 but not 100% guaranteed to win the Championship imo. Souness called it spot on, look who the German lads play for then look at the Scottish lads. They needed everyone bang at it last night to compete and it just didn’t happen. They conceded early and panic set in. It was a carbon copy of watching us a few years back before Pearson steadied it.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nagy starting for Hungary

What a frustrating signing he was lots of promise , injured and played out of position, actually typical city signing 

2-0 Hungary for me 

Edited by redkev

16 hours ago, David Brent said:

The Swiss team looks handy. Good to see Nàgy playing, as others have said, shame it didn't work out at City.

Edited by SecretSam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Who starts the Duah transfer thread!

Well I was thinking it myself…

@Davefevs - Funnily enough Dave. His stats do look good everywhere he’s gone. Kind of player you would take a punt on.

Edited by The Coach
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Good player Nagy. Don't think he suited English football 

Indeed. You don't play as many games as he has at international level and in the Italian topflight if you are a bad player.

I always remember that performance he put in against Birmingham in one of his first games for us, he looked unbelievable that day.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He was born in London, randomly.

Andros Townsend really good on co-comms.

I was checking him on Transfermarkt just before he said it! 

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. You don't play as many games as he has at international level and in the Italian topflight if you are a bad player.

I always remember that performance he put in against Birmingham in one of his first games for us, he looked unbelievable that day.

Apparently, he is exceptionally good for Hungary. Looking such a refined player.

PS the Grauniad player-by-player guide is really good 

20 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

His half of football at home to QPR was one of the best 45 mins I’ve seen. Still baffled why LJ ripped it up and let Pack go to Cardiff to bring Nagy in though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

His half of football at home to QPR was one of the best 45 mins I’ve seen. Still baffled why LJ ripped it up and let Pack go to Cardiff to bring Nagy in though. 

I liked Adam but there never seemed to be any `in between` with him. There were some games when he ran the midfield single handedly and was the best player on the pitch but if he wasn`t having one of those you barely saw him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, David Brent said:

We bought Pack for under £500k, sold him for more than ten times' that.

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

It was all $$$ wasn't it? Would that be more of Ashton's Shenanigans?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

He's evidently not a "bad" player. But those appearances in Serie A were 5 years ago now.

This season he was loaned out by Pisa who finished 13th in Serie B to Spezia who finished 17th. So he's not exactly pulling up trees.

Still only 28 and his career isn't progressing. Seems to be going backwards in fact.

Edited by Kid in the Riot

31 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Who told you we sold Pack for over £5m?!

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's evidently not a "bad" player. But those appearances in Serie A were 5 years ago now.

This season he was loaned out by Pisa who finished 13th in Serie B to Spezia who finished 17th. So he's not exactly pulling up trees.

Still only 28 and his career isn't progressing. Seems to be going backwards in fact.

Seems like he’s never properly got over that ankle problem

33 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

£100k, sold him for £1m.

Was talk of £4m but that was some “bad math”!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Can see Scotland at least getting a point vs Hungary. But that’s it.

Maybe , Hungary were very very poor , as were the jocks , in Varga though they have a goal scorer as the jocks have no really proven goal scorer at that level ( Conway apart ) 😂😂

16 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Two good games so far, let's hope it's a good omen for the whole tournament.  The last world cup was a classic, could this match it?

English officials in the next game so expect some sort of VAR disaster!

Lamine Yamal is 22 years younger than Modric !

Edited by Markthehorn

10 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

English officials in the next game so expect some sort of VAR disaster!

Lamine Yamal is 22 years younger than Modric !

You raise an interesting point.