IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Surely if there was encroachment the pen should be retaken?

That was what I thought.

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So far we have learned Croatia are way off the side they have produced in recent times and Scotland are still awful,much like the English pyramid the levels are increasing between the big countries which is rather sad 

Isn't really a 3-0 game IMO. Croatia have had certain chances and a good chunk of the ball.

A small country though. May not keep producing the same talent.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Surely if there was encroachment the pen should be retaken?

Only if the encroachment was by a defender and it had an impact on the penalty or the following play.

Why reward an attacker for cheating?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was what I thought.

Isn't really a 3-0 game IMO. Croatia have had certain chances and a good chunk of the ball.

It is a small country though .My not keep producing the same talent.

I would say neither of these teams or Germany would worry me if I was a English player but under Southgate he will be looking at negating them already no doubt 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Only if the encroachment was by a defender and it had an impact on the penalty or the following play.

Why reward an attacker for cheating?

I mean they got the penalty for it .

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was what I thought.

It is a small country though .My not keep producing the same talent.

Should have got 2/3 goals themselves .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I would say neither of these teams or Germany would worry me if I was a English player but under Southgate he will be looking at negating them already no doubt 

Yeah I haven't been wildly impressed yet. There have been enjoyable games but Spain seem a lot less dominant than usual for one. Croatia seem lax and to have poor finishing.

Germany on paper have had players at top clubs across Europe but disappointing since 2017.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spain may look vulnerable, but they are a threat going forward, and we do tend to give up chances. 

I wouldn't count any chickens with our defence.

Germany are a strange one too , didn't rate them pre tournament but they looked good Friday , of course that could have been Scotland making them look good.

• Like 1

Anyone else find the England pieces on ITV by Gabriel Clarke incredibly nauseating and cringeworthy.

Not sure if anyone just seen the Kyle Walker interview, but **** me I can see why people hate England and this overhyping nonsense

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Anyone else find the England pieces on ITV by Gabriel Clarke incredibly nauseating and cringeworthy.

Not sure if anyone just seen the Kyle Walker interview, but **** me I can see why people hate England and this overhyping nonsense

All seems a bit much doesn't it, same story tournament after tournament though isn't it - you'd think we would have learnt our lesson by now..

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn’t be so harsh on Clarke tbh. The side he is managing would be top 6 but not 100% guaranteed to win the Championship imo. Souness called it spot on, look who the German lads play for then look at the Scottish lads. They needed everyone bang at it last night to compete and it just didn’t happen. They conceded early and panic set in. It was a carbon copy of watching us a few years back before Pearson steadied it.

I'd agree with you if you're looking at the Germany game in isolation, but I'm also looking at just one win in the previous nine, including a home defeat to Northern Ireland. Clarke will do very well to keep his job if they end up with nil points from their next 2 matches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Is it just me or has there been a pact between all the teams in the Euros this year not to bother with this defending malarkey in any shape or form 😂

I think it is probably just a sign of the times with the way modern football is going , the art of defending seems to be slowly going out of the game it feels like..