IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

15 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Went down easily but then surely a red card ?

I am a qualified but not that qualified ref. Penalty was for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and law 12 has a differing part for outside and inside the box. If  the foul that denies a clear goal scoring opportunity is inside the box a penalty and yellow card is used unless the player has no possibility of playing the ball and that's a red and a penalty. Outside the box denying a clear goal scoring opportunity its direct free kick and players gets a red.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That big chance, the one across the goal.

Thought Albania gave it a decent go and as you say enjoyable game.

That was a good save despite a goal kick being given. Another inch or two to the left and the keeper gets nothing on it.

17 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Went down easily but then surely a red card ?

Couldn’t believe he’s got away without a red card there!

2 hours ago, Three Lions said:

I am a qualified but not that qualified ref. Penalty was for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and law 12 has a differing part for outside and inside the box. If  the foul that denies a clear goal scoring opportunity is inside the box a penalty and yellow card is used unless the player has no possibility of playing the ball and that's a red and a penalty. Outside the box denying a clear goal scoring opportunity its direct free kick and players gets a red.

Slightly wrong, it’s not “no possibility of playing the ball” it’s no attempt to play the ball. Rodri very clearly made no attempt to play the ball - but it was our lads in the VAR room and we know how shit they are.

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

Any connection with Della Casa in Dursley?

I used to go there from time to time when my Mum and Dad lived there. That was also Italian/Albanian - and good food and staff too. 

Yes, I believe so. The Italian in Westbury where Casamia used to be is also run by an Albanian.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hungary coach is throwing in the towel a tad.

Screenshot_20240615-233409_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13d0aef92a5778fab25807e918f89cde.jpg

They took 4 points off Germany in the Nations League and drew vs them in Euro 2021 fwiw.

That's not throwing in the towel, that's trying to get the Germans to think they just need to turn up to win.   It could easily backfire though..

Can’t be a more boring, underwhelming international nation over the last 10 years than Netherlands surely?

So slow and laborious to watch, rotate the same managers over and over. Hugely ageing squad. Real fall from grace

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Can’t be a more boring, underwhelming international nation over the last 10 years than Netherlands surely?

So slow and laborious to watch, rotate the same managers over and over. Hugely ageing squad. Real fall from grace

Most of the squad are fairly young. 

There's 3 players starting who are 30 or older. Depay (30), van Dijk (32) and de Vrij (32).

There's 5 starting who are 25 or younger (Gakpo, Simons, Veerman, Reijnders and Veerbruggen).

The average age on their bench is 26 with 4 who are 30 or older and 8 who are 25 or younger.

8 of the starters and subs today are under 24.

9 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Nothing against female commentators or analysers but who is this commentating on BBC1, her shrieking when Poland scored was unbearable, I’ve decided to cut the grass instead

Yeah, I really don't rate this commentator. Too excitable.

Buksa looks decent...🤔

10 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Nothing against female commentators or analysers but who is this commentating on BBC1, her shrieking when Poland scored was unbearable, I’ve decided to cut the grass instead

Stick 5live commentary on.

19 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Almost as bad as Martin Keown

34 minutes ago, petehinton said:

2014 World Cup they were quite decent and IMO the Group Stage in the last Euros they seemed alright. However yeah they have difficulties- they were nicely revitalised in 2018-19 quite free scoring and attacking..then Covid 19 and in the meantime, Koeman left to go to Barcelona.

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Depay has to be the most overrated striker of this generation imo. He is absolutely crap

His career numbers from quick glance aren't too bad, including European competition too. G+A. Man United aside of course. He is quite underwhelming though.

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Depay has to be the most overrated striker of this generation imo. He is absolutely crap

159 career goals for some of the biggest clubs in Europe, a 1 in 2 record in International games but he's absolutely crap 😆🫤

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grifty said:

159 career goals for some of the biggest clubs in Europe, a 1 in 2 record in International games but he's absolutely crap 😆🫤

Stats from league like Ligue 1, Eredivisie certainly won’t change my mind!

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

That's not throwing in the towel, that's trying to get the Germans to think they just need to turn up to win.   It could easily backfire though..

It could also be an attempt to goad his players into a reaction to get them to prove him wrong

As you say, it's a gamble though...

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly a bit dated now given the concerns abour the Fan Zone but best fan vid from Euro 2024 so far?

Beautiful scenes

English and Serbs doing their thing in Gelsenkirchen mind

I’m in Gelsenkirchen right now. Haven’t seen any trouble and am told the main issue earlier was between Serbian and Albanian fans (there were 50,000 Albanians just down the road in Dortmund last night). 

Loads of riot police on duty. Fingers crossed no further bother. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Every single time, an absolute embarrassment 

Funny the media only shares negatives - what about the videos of England and Serbia fans all getting along fine?

Anyone who thinks the English are only an embarrasment abroad should try getting out there amongst the 95% that are absolutely great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Every single time, an absolute embarrassment 

What does this picture actually show?

Is he English?

Where was the photo taken?

Could he possibly have been an innocent fan that was attacked?

No context whatsoever. Not defending anyone that goes to games and kicks off but why do English fans always have to get jumped on the minute a tournament starts.

Media can't wait to portray plucky Welsh fans,amazing Scottish fans and Irish fans "enjoying the craic",yet every time England fans get slaughtered by the media.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

What does this picture actually show?

Is he English?

Where was the photo taken?

Could he possibly have been an innocent fan that was attacked?

No context whatsoever. Not defending anyone that goes to games and kicks off but why do English fans always have to get jumped on the minute a tournament starts.

Media can't wait to portray plucky Welsh fans,amazing Scottish fans and Irish fans "enjoying the craic",yet every time England fans get slaughtered by the media.

Fair assumption I'd say but so knows.

And come on, England have a reputation for a reason (and a victim complex too judging by this thread).

The English speaking news you likely read is obviously going to report this stuff.

Other than trouble highlighted above, enjoying the atmosphere at this so far. Football mad nation, all the cities with good grounds with venues easily connected, relatively easy to get to from the rest of Europe.

Russia, Qatar and of course the Covid one all very different. Feels like the first real fans one since 2016.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

And come on, England have a reputation for a reason (and a victim complex too judging by this thread).

The English speaking news you likely read is obviously going to report this stuff.

Indeed they do have a reputation and as I said I am not defending anyone that starts trouble as I previously stated.I have no problem with media reporting fans causing trouble but every tournament the media jumps on England fans before the first ball is even kicked 

58 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Indeed they do have a reputation and as I said I am not defending anyone that starts trouble as I previously stated.I have no problem with media reporting fans causing trouble but every tournament the media jumps on England fans before the first ball is even kicked 

Would you like to explain your reaction northsomersetred?

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

When you think things are bad You turn on ITV  for the Denmark game and it gets even worse!!!!!

• Like 3

Our group mates contesting a very watchable game. Denmark should take the points comfortably enough though.

Rod for my own back maybe, but I expect us to win this group. 

14 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

When you think things are bad You turn on ITV  for the Denmark game and it gets even worse!!!!!

I've muted it

It might be possible to watch any game on iplayer with 5live commentary instead 

I was rather disappointed with Denmark in the last World Cup. To come bottom of a Group with Australia and Tunisia, 1 goal and 1 point is a tad underachieving 

Combination of their Euro 2021 and qualifying from a middling group in fine style and with Nations League performances decent they looked like dangerous outsiders, yet proved to be anything but.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Other than trouble highlighted above, enjoying the atmosphere at this so far. Football mad nation, all the cities with good grounds with venues easily connected, relatively easy to get to from the rest of Europe.

Russia, Qatar and of course the Covid one all very different. Feels like the first real fans one since 2016.

What was wrong with Russia (at the time)? I enjoyed that one more than France 2016 for example 

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

My god, are they related? I think I”ll cut the grass again !!!!

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

After being in Marseille that fateful night v Russia, I will never ever believe our press again

Absolute lying ******* the lot of them

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Has it been confirmed that the German Police shot someone four times at the fanzone for threatening fans with an axe?

well they were reporting it around 3pm on Radio 5Live. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What was wrong with Russia (at the time)? I enjoyed that one more than France 2016 for example 

That’s fair and to watch I would agree. From a fan perspective a well connected central nation for the Euros just means you get very large groups of fans from other countries, which does create good atmospheres around and in the grounds, in my view.

Teams out and exactly as most expected. I’m not a fan of sticking technical right-backs in midfield, I’d rather start Trent in his natural position and ice Walker until we face a France/Germany/Portugal, but that’s just me. 

Come on England ⚽

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

After being in Marseille that fateful night v Russia, I will never ever believe our press again

Absolute lying ******* the lot of them

Yep my nephew and brother in law were there and told me a completely different story of what happened than the press reported