IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

5 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Well if England were as bang average as this Swiss side during the tournament I think we’d be a lot happier 

Yeah, I agree. We've been below average for sure!

43 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Deserved. I hardly recognise any of these Italian players. They always had some household names 

A lot of top teams are like that now. Italy, Brazil, Holland, Argentina. Could pretty much name a 11 years ago but now lucky if you know 4-5

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

How the bloody hell did we let these win it three years ago.

Very different side and we had a less balanced side too.

35 unbeaten coming in, much weaker Italy now IMO.

Read some tactical reports of the game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

A lot of top teams are like that now. Italy, Brazil, Holland, Argentina. Could pretty much name a 11 years ago but now lucky if you know 4-5

If by well known you mean shining in our PL but the PL isn't the be all and end all. It's a very good League yes.

Although having said that I do wonder if International football as a while is weaker than 15-20 years Idk. Less top squads around.

5 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Missing 2 quality centre half’s from that side.

Verrattti also helped to control tempo, they've clearly declined sharply.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fpcity said:

Brazil starting to look strong again with Vini Jr, Rodrigo and Guimaraes, as well as the obvious.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If by well known you mean shining in our PL but the PL isn't the be all and end all. It's a very good League yes.

Verrattti also helped to control tempo, they've clearly declined sharply.

No years ago you'd know them in Italian, Spanish leagues, top teams in Holland and Germany. Infact there would be less here playing 

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

How the bloody hell did we let these win it three years ago.

Easy. 
Sitting on a 1 goal lead trying to defend the rest of the game out for the win - inviting them to attack - getting caught out by conceding and losing on penalties. 

Sounds familiar……?

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add word

Just now, Fpcity said:

No years ago you'd know them in Italian, Spanish leagues, top teams in Holland and Germany. Infact there would be less here playing 

Fair. I do sometimes look at International football and wonder if s lot of top and 2nd level down sides have weakened from the 2000s.

8 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Easy. 
Sitting on a 1 goal lead trying to defend the rest of the game out for the win - getting caught out by conceding and losing on penalties. 

Sounds familiar……?

To a degree although this is rather dismissive of the very good midfield unit we were up against.

We can be quite dismissive over here though, if they aren't shining in our top League eh well.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Because we had / have a halfwit in charge 

If you're comparing Italy side as a whole of 3 years ago as a whole to now, I'd suggest with respect you don't know very much about it.

35 unbeaten, full of confidence, pride restored, dominating and outplaying most opposition as they were by July 2021.

It's a fairly ridiculous comparison, no offence and they declined thereafter by the late Autumn of 2021.

Otoh we were tactically flawed.