IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

6 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Let's hope you are wrong. No offence.

I did say unfortunately, and after scoring their second it looks like I was right.

The disallowed goal and very iffy penalty decision completely reversed the momentum in the game. Thanks Mr Oliver! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The rule needs rewriting if only because the punishment of a penalty for that alleged "foul" is not proportionate.

If you really think that is handball, ok, then award an indirect free kick inside the area. 

Agree with this. I've always though how can something like that lead directly to a free shot at goal, what was he supposed to do with his arms from that distance?

Handball off the line and deliberate handball then yeah fair enough, but it's so harsh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Feel a bit sick in that I agree with Clive Tydlesley:

’The handball law is not fit for purpose’.

When a goal is disallowed for handball if the ball hits the hand of an attacker , even if completely accidental, during the build up to a goal, but is not a handball if no goal results from the attack and it is not handball if a the ball hits the hand of a defender in the penalty in exactly the same way , then the hand ball law id bolux.

It's the same as when commentators say of a tackle in the penalty area, "anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul". It shouldn't make any difference where o the pitch  a foul or handball occurs or who by - if it's a foul, it's a foul and if it's handball then it's handball.

Too much interference by footballs administrators has ruined so much of the game taking common sense out of decision making by making things prescriptive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They aren't a bad side but compare our "performance" to the Germans and it's chalk and cheese. They actually have attacking intent and look like a team.

Exactly mate, Germany have put in a much more aggressive and positive performance than we did and guess what... a better outcome and more enjoyment for their fans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Agree with this. I've always though how can something like that lead directly to a free shot at goal, what was he supposed to do with his arms from that distance?

Handball off the line and deliberate handball then yeah fair enough, but it's so harsh

A penalty gives an approx. 75-80% of scoring a goal I think. 

Cannot be right that a cross deflected off a blokes fingers results in that kind of advantage. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Denmark not getting any breaks..

Lucky Germany didn't score then as Oliver would have found some way to override the lino and VAR!

Let's face it though, Germany are the better team here, and even if the Denmark goal had been given, I'd fancy Germany to get the result one way or another.

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Had that ridiculous penalty not been given I can’t see Germany winning this game 

We obviously see it differently! 🤣

Just now, mozo said:

Let's face it though, Germany are the better team here, and even if the Denmark goal had been given, I'd fancy Germany to get the result one way or another.

Momentum.

Before the penalty the momentum was with Denmark and Germany was feeling the pressure. Going a goal behind would have ramped up that pressure and caused them to chase the game. The disallowed goal, quickly followed by the dubious penalty gave Germany the buffer of a one goal lead and completely changed the dynamics of the game. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2