phantom

Just now, Super said:

Turkey deserved it imo.

Based on what? 

20% more possession 

21/6 shots

5/3 on target 

31/9 touches in opposition box

They put the ball in the net and that’s what matters but I’m amazed you think they were the better team? 

Either way a great game to finish the round off. I said at the start of the round i thought this would be the best game. 

Just now, pillred said:

I could tell you they weren't the better team. 

You’re wrong too 😂

• Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Both can be true.

Fantastic save, but I agree with @Davefevs the player has got the header slightly wrong. Should have buried it really. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, great save, but a slightly non-perfect header.

in the context of the game it was a great header and we all thought it was in.

Would you say that Peles header against Banks was non- perfect? the answer must be yes because he didn't score but it was a fantastic header. 

I know what you both mean but football is rarely perfect. Keepers would never save anything would that case would they?

world class save. 

30 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

in the context of the game it was a great header and we all thought it was in.

Would you say that Peles header against Banks was non- perfect? the answer must be yes because he didn't score but it was a fantastic header. 

I know what you both mean but football is rarely perfect. Keepers would never save anything would that case would they?

world class save. 

Yes, like the Austrian, Pele headed it “too” down.

He gave Banks the tinsiest chance of saving it.  Of course Pele could’ve completely misheaded it and Banks could throw his cap on it.

Still a brilliant, save from Banks.  As was tonight’s.

I think me and Kid think both players, had they headed it different, wouldn’t have given the keeper a sniff.  The fact that they didn’t gave each keeper a chance to make a brilliant save.

Can be both.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Oh dear. Punctuation police around. For the record I knew it wasn’t right but I really couldn’t be bothered to change it. Just having a little chit chat after all. 

Punctuation saves lives, it is the difference between "let's eat Grandma" and "let's eat, Grandma"

Although in your case it was simply grammar, rather than punctuation.

9 hours ago, Jose said:

Oh dear. Punctuation police around. For the record I knew it wasn’t right but I really couldn’t be bothered to change it. Just having a little chit chat after all. 

You couldv'e, shoul'dve and wouldve'  changed it if youd' realised that the punctuation police would be on your case.

Tha'ts OTIB for you though is''nt it?

P S. I ca'nt understand why poster's do'nt no the correct use off apostrophe's - reely there use grammer generally.

:)

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, like the Austrian, Pele headed it “too” down.

He gave Banks the tinsiest chance of saving it.  Of course Pele could’ve completely misheaded it and Banks could throw his cap on it.

Still a brilliant, save from Banks.  As was tonight’s.

I think me and Kid think both players, had they headed it different, wouldn’t have given the keeper a sniff.  The fact that they didn’t gave each keeper a chance to make a brilliant save.

Can be both.

Agreed, a few inches more to the right and it’s a goal. However it’s still a world class save. My gut feel with Turkey is that one of either Netherlands, Switzerland or even us will put three past them. They are a bit disorganised defensively. If we played them in a semi-final I would start Toney alongside Kane.

Don't get me wrong.......the Turkish keeper made a match winning save, and displayed great reflexes in keeping the ball out.   But REALLY?, "The save of the century" ? "Best save ever" etc etc?   There is such hyperbole around these days?   It was one of best photo moment saves, as it looked fantastic......but it was at the perfect height, and at the perfect distance from him.........it looked great, BUT best save ever?   I don't think so?   PS. Good luck to Turkey, but i wish Austria had got through, as next to Spain, they were the most entertaining team in the competition. IMHO.

• Like 1

I would put Kane on the bench, as i believe after a long hard season      with Bayern. he looks knackered?   I would start with Toney ( Who looks a safe bet.....Ha!), as he is fresh and motivated, and if it does not work, Kane can come on for the last 30?  I would also start with Cole Palmer, play Gomez     at left back, and Alexander Arnold at right back.  Have i lost the plot?..........Does anyone agree, or is that just too many changes for the Swiss game?

26 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I would put Kane on the bench, as i believe after a long hard season      with Bayern. he looks knackered?   I would start with Toney ( Who looks a safe bet.....Ha!), as he is fresh and motivated, and if it does not work, Kane can come on for the last 30?  I would also start with Cole Palmer, play Gomez     at left back, and Alexander Arnold at right back.  Have i lost the plot?..........Does anyone agree, or is that just too many changes for the Swiss game?

Too many players in the right positions?