IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

3 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I got a feeling Germany will win it. They've been terrible at recent tournaments, but the feeling has picked up again after their last international break.

I can't help thinking that an extra option at centre back would have been more worthwhile than including both Toney and Watkins - both of whom are unlikely to play more than a few minutes.

Either Branthwaite or if Southgate really doesn't think he's ready, Dier - who's had a reasonable season at Bayern.

Yeah and being the hosts too will give them extra little bit push, I think him taking Toney and Watkins is the right call if we need a goal we can chuck one of them on with the hoe we can nick one, like you say though defence looks a little bare especially if we lose one of them.

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Lack of a left back costs Engerlund. Out in quarters to Germany. France win the big pot

You could be right, but Germany won the world cup in 2014 with Howedes at left back

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Lack of a left back costs Engerlund. Out in quarters to Germany. France win the big pot

You could be right, but Germany won the world cup in 2014 with Howedes at left back

Think I caught a snippet on the news yesterday when the German hotel complex (where England are staying) man was being interviewed. He said along the lines of... England have requested that the grass on the hotel training pitch to be like Wembley. He informed them that they would be playing games on German grass!

As the famous Fawlty Towers episode goes.... How did we ever win the war!

Edited by 42nite

On 09/06/2024 at 15:16, rednotblue said:

Tomori not being in the squad is just bonkers.

France have to be favourites.

England have a chance - Trent alongside Rice could be what England are missing

Don't get the love in for Tomori

He's been poor when selected and poor when I've seen him on TV, reports from Italy suggest he has had a so so season

I can only assume you have watched him more

Us at 3/1 is a mental price. My punt is England to win with kane top scorer, as i cant see us winning without Harry being the top scorer.

Portugal has to be the   best outright winner                  punt at 7/1. If they win the group they dont play another group winner until the semis.     

Incredibly excited.

Will be staying off social media as much as I can around England game days too, alleviates seeing all those who think Southgate should win every game, our squad is the best ever, but also Pickford isn’t good enough, Maguire isn’t good enough (but we really miss him), the defence is really week, if shaw can’t play we’re ****** bla bla bla 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was thinking the exact opposite looking at the German line-up. They'll certainly be relying on being greater than the sum of their parts if they are to do well. 

I agree they’ve probably had a lot more quality in the past. That’s the type of team that usually wins this competition though. Host nation too. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was thinking the exact opposite looking at the German line-up. They'll certainly be relying on being greater than the sum of their parts if they are to do well. 

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

England have their best ever opportunity to win a tournament imo. I think Germany  will win it though. 

Listening to a podcast with Raph Honigstein earlier in the week, he said the mood music in Germany is extremely low, no confidence in the squad & just generally aren’t hopeful at all, and if anything are nervous about being embarrassed in their own country. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Incredibly excited.

Will be staying off social media as much as I can around England game days too, alleviates seeing all those who think Southgate should win every game, our squad is the best ever, but also Pickford isn’t good enough, Maguire isn’t good enough (but we really miss him), the defence is really week, if shaw can’t play we’re ****** bla bla bla 

Tbf everything you have said isn’t far off the mark,it’s the Kane is crap and racist nonsense that I stay away from 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Listening to a podcast with Raph Honigstein earlier in the week, he said the mood music in Germany is extremely low, no confidence in the squad & just generally aren’t hopeful at all, and if anything are nervous about being embarrassed in their own country. 

Oh 😂…let’s wait and see then

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Lulling us into a false sense of security... 

They did lose 4-1 at home to Japan last year tbf. But recent performances have been better. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lulling us into a false sense of security... 

They did lose 4-1 at home to Japan last year tbf. But recent performances have been better. 

They have been better but apparently they have lost their opening game in the last 3 tournaments! Can’t see a repeat of that myself.