IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

1 minute ago, luke_bristol said:

One touch all half for Kane, can’t have happened many times in his England career. 

He will now get a hat trick second half.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Not sure we’re that comfortable as commentary making out. Feels like to me Serbia could get a goal in this.

1-0 is never comfortable. If we can get a second then I think we’ll be very unlucky not to win but a freak goal is more than possible.

I’d say Denmark looked far more comfortable at this point earlier and it didn’t translate to a win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Couple changes I’d make, Trent back to RB and a proper cm in cm. Mainoo or Gallagher.

Get a traditional LW on the left to hurt their full back like Saka is on the right, surely Gordon.

Agree apart from swapping trent for Walker. The right hand side is our best asset so far

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

England need a 2nd. Kane & Foden are passengers in this game. Whilst it remains 1-0, Serbia have a chance. But this game should be out of sight already.

England haven't really created that much though lots of possession  yes but it's all a bit dull as usual with England

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Several times so far England's midfielders have been like City's. If they can't go forward, instead of passing across the field to an unmarked team mate, the ball goes back t the goalie.

OK Rant over. I've spotted two City flags on the pitch sides tonight.

At the Euros and World Cups I notice random flags being flown by supporters.At the last World Cup a Lebanon flag was held aloft at two of the games, Today I spotted a Scottish flag at the Poland / Holland game and tonight with the Serbs there is a Russian flag.

Finally,  at all the games so far, if a side is winning as full time approaches, instead of running the ball into the corner as we see in this country, the winning teams have all gone looking for another goal to confirm their victory.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

1-0 is never comfortable. If we can get a second then I think we’ll be very unlucky not to win but a freak goal is more than possible.

I’d say Denmark looked far more comfortable at this point earlier and it didn’t translate to a win.

Not necessarily a freak. They have got some good crosses in and we have had to defend them well.

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean only half way through 😃

I had to lead a toast the Qu…King at a dinner the other night (yes for some people the forces are rather stuffy and old fashioned at times), I had to recite it in my head about ten times to make it stick 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Couple changes I’d make, Trent back to RB and a proper cm in cm. Mainoo or Gallagher.

Get a traditional LW on the left to hurt their full back like Saka is on the right, surely Gordon.

I wouldn't swap TAA for Walker. I'd take TAA off and put on Gallagher, believe it or not

1 minute ago, luke_bristol said:

I had to lead a toast the Qu…King at a dinner the other night (yes for some people the forces are rather stuffy and old fashioned at times), I had to recite it in my head about ten times to make it stick 😂

50 odd years of singing it one way is hard to get over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

I clearly don’t have access to the facts or really know what happened, but I do know as a fact the German Police have said from the incident earlier six Serbian fans were arrested and no England fans, for what it is worth.

Had a message from somebody who is there , most of the Serbs have been pretty friendly and no problems but there is a small minority of Serbs wandering around doing nothing but antagonising England fans , said the German old bill are sound and seem to know the score , he also said the bar he was outside drinking a lot of the England are a bit jumpy expecting to get attacked , a lot of Albanians loitering about aswell , 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Every time Jude gets the ball he is taking a knock. Finally a yellow!

Opposing teams target him - he’s Englands talisman and still only 20 who has a Champion League medal and playing for the biggest club in the world.

Nice and peacefull in back garden anyway, while many seem concerned about english millionares playing football in Germany.Me? more pressing concerns than a game of footie (although i did once think it was important) its not so much now, in fact win lose or draw it wont effect me...anymore at all.

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Several times so far England's midfielders have been like City's. If they can't go forward, instead of passing across the field to an unmarked team mate, the ball goes back t the goalie.

It’s not easy on the eye but I know why they do it, it gives Serbia the dilemma of just letting England keep the ball, or pushing forward to close us down, leaving a gap between midfield and defence. I think we’ll be able to exploit this more in the second half as they push for an equaliser, Pickford has done well over the years going long to Kane.

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Had a message from somebody who is there , most of the Serbs have been pretty friendly and no problems but there is a small minority of Serbs wandering around doing nothing but antagonising England fans , said the German old bill are sound and seem to know the score , he also said the bar he was outside drinking a lot of the England are a bit jumpy expecting to get attacked , a lot of Albanians loitering about aswell , 

I doubt the Albanians are there for England, they'll be after the Serbs

• Like 1

Just now, redkev said:

there was something Twitter the other day saying there were fans from another / other nations attempting to stoke up trouble tonight for the English fans, so I think the Police were aware/pre-warned