IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

Are the english players high achievers for their clubs because of all the world class players in their clubs? Then they play with other english players and they're found wanting.

Just now, Midred said:

Are the english players high achievers for their clubs because of all the world class players in their clubs? Then they play with other english players and they're found wanting.

It's because they are used to playing with those players in a front foot system that works. Not dreary backfoot shite. 

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

This has got Manning ball written all over it...

Slow, no urgency. Get the ball. Stop. Pass back and sideways.

When we do get foward, the quality is poor.

I’d rather ******* Manning and that says it all. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

Im not sure there is a national team that would make the semi finals of the champions league. CL far better quality than the euros 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

The ball gets to Trippier and...

... everything...

...stops

This. It’s having a massive impact on the team. Terrible decision not to take a fit natural left back. 

• Like 2

Kane clearly isn't fit.

And neither is Bellingham who likely needs a shoulder op after the tournament. 

Would've been a good opportunity to give them some rest, as it's not like we don't have capable replacements... in fact they could've injected some much needed pace and energy to this game.

Given the options he’s picked in the squad, I’d rather he tells Saka to play left back second half. There’s nothing to lose, he’ll basically be a left midfielder against them anyway, and he can get Palmer on. 

• Like 1

People who have defended this clown over the years deserve this. It’s been obvious since he’s got the job he hasn’t got a clue. 

This is absolutely pathetic. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

Given the options he’s picked in the squad, I’d rather he tells Saka to play left back second half. There’s nothing to lose, he’ll basically be a left midfielder against them anyway, and he can get Palmer on. 

I'd say that's unlikely with how cautious he is!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Started his Arsenal first team career at LB I'm sure. Would make sense 

At international level, even the so called lesser teams are pretty well coached and organised defensively. England's laboured build up play gives the opposition all the time in the world to get men behind the ball and maintain their shape. So reminiscent of City last season!

England's approach has been against the grain in this tournament, where it seems that a majority of teams - including the less fancied sides - have broken forward at pace, moving the ball forward quickly and pretty directly ( but not long ball hit and hope) which stretches the opposition defence and gives them no time to regroup, get men behind the ball and back into shape. This is what has caused so many games to be so much more exciting and entertaining than the borefest that has been England.

• Like 2