IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I might be on my own with this but I am not convinced by Bellingham at all, doesn't seem fit.

Might be better playing Foden central and Gordon out wide or even Watkins up with Kane

Boom. Gordon and Watkins for Bellingham and Kane. Bellingham's a wonderful player but is playing like he's got someone else's boots on

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I might be on my own with this but I am not convinced by Bellingham at all, doesn't seem fit.

Might be better playing Foden central and Gordon out wide or even Watkins up with Kane

Foden has done ok, but keep coming inside. He is not a left sided player. We have been pretty garbage for two games, and some friendlies before that, and have changed virtually nothing. It’s just awful.

26 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

This has got Manning ball written all over it...

Slow, no urgency. Get the ball. Stop. Pass back and sideways.

When we do get foward, the quality is poor.

I’d rather have Manning than Southgate. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Ashton Gate. 

• Like 2

It's a little better from England, showing more intent against a well drilled side. England need to take more risks, quicker passing and runs in behind. Foden can open them up, but he needs willing runners.

Foden at 10, Gallagher off, Bellingham drop back and Gordon or Palmer on then we win this comfortably. He won’t do it though…………not until the last 10 anyway.

The same old issue…..Rice and whoever he plays alongside just ain’t doing it. Gareth is set in his ways and he obviously doesn’t like admitting he’s got it wrong.

Slow , no intensity and so tentative . 
Passing is shocking , too many silly little flicks too.

Foden is the one player that has done ok. 

We all want changes, want to get more front foot , but it's Southgate and we don't need to chase the game yet . That means it will probably more of the same. 

42 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

England remind me of when Lee Johnson started to lose the plot. Some lovely inter play around the halfway line, but **** all else. 

I was going to say, LM will be creaming himself at this kind of play…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

It's a little better from England, showing more intent against a well drilled side. England need to take more risks, quicker passing and runs in behind. Foden can open them up, but he needs willing runners.

If you put Foden at 10 where he can go both ways Slovenia won’t be able to deal with him imo.

Plenty of flags from both sides at the England game tending to prove  point. Real football fans with flags bearing club names such as Shrewsbury, Macclesfield, Port Vale etc (even one with BCFC), but none with the Premier League clubs.

Meanwhile down in Munich only a few flags from both teams. Some of you may recall that during the Autumn Copenhagen were away in East Europe for a Champions League qualifying round. Some of the young men supporting Copenhagen took their shirts off to show cold wasn't affecting them and some of the young ladies did the same. Damn! Some Danish fans have taken their shirts off tonight, but not their female fans.

Back on planet earth; provided our plyers remain uninjured despite some Slovene tackles, the first goal either way could well win this game. If the Ref decides some of these tackles are serious fouls then we may find ourselves against just ten or even nine opponents.

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kane clearly isn't fit.

And neither is Bellingham who likely needs a shoulder op after the tournament. 

Bellingham was great for 30 mins in the first game. Are you saying he got injured in that game as he seemed fine at that point?

Looks like he can't be bothered now. Maybe his WAG dumped him, seems to be all the tabloids can talk about these days as the football is beyond dull.

• Like 1

Pep or Klopp would be having a hissy fit if this was their side playing like this. Eeyore Southgate just stands there. A team that plays in the character of their manager. Passionless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Plenty of flags from both sides at the England game tending to prove  point. Real football fans with flags bearing club names such as Shrewsbury, Macclesfield, Port Vale etc (even one with BCFC), but none with the Premier League clubs.

Meanwhile down in Munich only a few flags from both teams. Some of you may recall that during the Autumn Copenhagen were away in East Europe for a Champions League qualifying round. Some of the young men supporting Copenhagen took their shirts off to show cold wasn't affecting them and some of the young ladies did the same. Damn! Some Danish fans have taken their shirts off tonight, but not their female fans.

Back on planet earth; provided our plyers remain uninjured despite some Slovene tackles, the first goal either way could well win this game. If the Ref decides some of these tackles are serious fouls then we may find ourselves against just ten or even nine opponents.

Football snob

Real fan dont only support lower league teams

Saka- lethargic

Kane - lethargic

Bellingham- anonymous

Rice- misplacing passes and mistiming challenges.

Gallagher - shouldn't be anywhere near the team

What have the England management and coaching staff been doing? 

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Bellingham was great for 30 mins in the first game. Are you saying he got injured in that game as he seemed fine at that point?

Looks like he can't be bothered now. Maybe his WAG dumped him, seems to be all the tabloids can talk about these days as the football is beyond dull.

No he picked up the injury in November. His form in the second half of the season for Real was not as good as a result. 

Bottom line is it's clear he's far from fully fit. And rumour is Kane is playing with injections in his back. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Guehi has been good again prob our best player this tournament so far.

His passing is slow, ponderous. Three and four touches when one can do. Switching? Poor. However outside him. 

If Walker holds the width 4-2-3-1 v 4-4-2 will see an overload v the oppositions full back. Walker is playing CDM.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Guehi has been good again prob our best player this tournament so far.

Just about to post the same. The only positive for me….looking very sound.

If we get as far as playing some of the better sides, it will be good to see how he does against them.

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just about to post the same. The only positive for me….looking very sound.

If we get as far as playing some of the better sides, it will be good to see how he does against them.

His first mistake!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No he picked up the injury in November. His form in the second half of the season for Real was not as good as a result. 

Bottom line is it's clear he's far from fully fit. And rumour is Kane is playing with injections in his back. 

Southgate’s loyalty to Kane is a massive problem and if that’s true about him having jabs, Kane and his ego go down in my estimations. 

You and I spent many years following England home and away, and this has been as painful to watch as anything I can recall. Utter dross.

Glad I didn’t pay through the nose to watch this shite.

• Like 1